Start by marking “The Writer's Mentor: A Guide to Putting Passion on Paper” as Want to Read:
The Writer's Mentor: A Guide to Putting Passion on Paper

The Writer's Mentor: A Guide to Putting Passion on Paper

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In "The Writers Mentor," bestselling author, teacher, and writing coach Cathleen Rountree addresses the most common dilemmas of both aspiring and professional writers. Written in a question-and-answer format, this book stands apart from other books on writing by its linking of practical information on effective writing strategies with inspirational stories from the lives o...more
Published February 1st 2002 by Conari Press

To ask other readers questions about The Writer's Mentor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Writer's Mentor

Denyse Loeb
Written in a question and answer format, The Writer's Mentor covers the common questions posed by new writers: when to write, how to write, where to write, how much writing, and so on.

Impressions: I have always wanted a mentor. Being unable to find one, I figured I was pretty much stuck mentoring myself. When I found this book, I had hoped that just maybe I'd find something of a better mentor than myself. Unfortunately the book didn't live up to even half of what I had hoped. It's okay, but it's...more
Reno (Falling Letters)
I like this book not because it has especially helpful or unique tips about writing but because flipping through it when I "don't feel like writing" gets me excited to write again. I found this at the library when I was much younger, so perhaps that feeling is due to nostalgia but I am happy to pull out this book when I need a little push.
Angela
Just started a creative writing program and I wanted a reference that would be a quick and easy read before I got the materials in the mail. Overall it was okay, but I am looking for other ones that might give more information that would be beneficial.
Lindy
This book allows the writer more exercises to keep a consistent writing life. I like the list of chapters and moving around to what is relevant to my own writing life.
Taya Baker
I don't Ms. Rountree's book was what I needed at the moment, but otherwise it was a good book if you're struggling with your creative process.
Suzanne Vincent
A healthy dose of encouragement and 'chocolate' for writers.
Crystal Barthelette
Crystal Barthelette is currently reading it
Sep 08, 2014
Marie Ortiz
Marie Ortiz marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
JacQuelyne A. Lewis
JacQuelyne A. Lewis marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Angel
Angel added it
Apr 01, 2014
Lisa Haynes
Lisa Haynes marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Collin O'donnell
Collin O'donnell marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Janele
Janele marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
Leanne
Leanne added it
May 19, 2013
Alex Fontanetta
Alex Fontanetta marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2013
Trina
Trina marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2012
Kerrie
Kerrie added it
Jul 10, 2012
On Women Turning 50: Celebrating Mid-Life Discoveries On Women Turning Forty: Coming into Our Fullness On Women Turning 60: Embracing the Age of Fulfillment On Women Turning 70: Honoring the Voices of Wisdom On Women Turning 30