Start by marking “Platinum Promises” as Want to Read:
Platinum Promises

Platinum Promises (The Drakes of California #3)

Seduction in the lap of luxury... Award-winning wines have helped Dexter Drake turn his family's luxury resort and spa into the most successful vineyard in Southern California. Yet Dexter has another talent-his prowess with women. He is having too much fun to settle down...until he meets Faye Buckner, a guest at the vineyard's hotel. Her act of kindness makes it impossible ...more
Published May 1st 2013 by Harlequin Kimani Romance

To ask other readers questions about Platinum Promises, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Platinum Promises

Marilyn Diamond
what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man. I love to walk around in tatted jeans and tee-shirts, but when I clean up I clean up NY style. I'm happy for the Dr. and Pappa Dee's great-grand child. Living and growing up in Southern California with flows of grapevines and all kinds of hidden places has to be a great life. Having a man take you on a fishing outing and enjoying nature, love and life is it. I learned some more things about Zuri Day and she is a Angel on Earth.. Great story line an ...more
Jackie Roberts
Jan 10, 2013 Jackie Roberts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Drake Series book from the wonderful Zuri Day. I loved Dexter Drake and Dr. Faye Buckner's comical and loving relationship. The wait for Dexter's story was well worth it.

I knew when "Bachelor For Life" Dexter Drake found love he would be knocked for a loop. Dexter definitely met his match when Faye walked into his life. Looking forward to reading more from the Drake Family. Keeping my fingers crossed that Warren Drake's story will be next. A great read and must purchase.
Shone
Jun 09, 2013 Shone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
Wine maker Dexter Drake, has it all he has turned the family business into a heaven they have a waiting list to prove it. He is having the time of his life and is the pride of his great grandfathers eye. Faye Buckner live a very quite life and believes in giving back. Faye's quick action make her the apple of the entire Drake families eye. Can she adjust or will she continue to go it alone.
Sherelle Green
May 28, 2013 Sherelle Green rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Great read! Nice addition to the Drakes of California series!
Renee  Daniel Flagler
I love the ride that Zuri's book takes readers on. This book did not disappoint.
Maxie
Jul 22, 2013 Maxie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bed-time-stories
Platinum Promises Zuri Day

Does money make the man? Man is always working toward the goal of making money. Can this pursuit to gander wealth get in the way of understanding what life is all about. In the well written book by Zuri Day, Platinum Promises she insinuates that this could be a problem. You will have to read this jewel to find out.
Can a player be attracted to a beautiful, hardworking, wholesome down-to-earth woman? Can this woman of a less than luxurious lifestyle attract the eye of the
Shelly
Apr 17, 2013 Shelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the past few years, I’ve stayed away from a lot of AA romances because in my twenty plus years of reading them I’d gotten so disgusted with the content I just stopped the majority except for a few favorites. I wouldn’t have even picked this one up but the cover caught my eye, understated yet compelling. Suffice it to say that this is my first story by this author and I was pleasantly surprised that both the content and the editing were spot on. Before I forget to tell you, this is part of a s ...more
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Faye who is about to establish her own free clinic, checked into Drake’s hotel and her first glimpse of Dexter Drake is pretty impressing. So is Dexter’s view of her which is nothing like the women that he usual date before when their eyes locked onto each other then. As a guest at the hotel, she was invited to join the 100th birthday of the founder; Papa Dee who is Dexter’s great grandfather and idol. On the day of his celebration, Papa Dee collapsed in the middle of ...more
Dafort
Feb 21, 2013 Dafort rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Platinum Promises tells the story of the last Drake sibling, Dexter and his road to love. Dexter is the typical player and charmer who loves to have fun and enjoys women. He takes more after his great-grandfather, Papa Dee than his brother. His vow to never settle down is tested when he meets Faye Buckner during an emergency that endears her to him. Dexter is smitten and stages a full out pursuit of the nurse. He is met with challenges because Faye’s sole purpose is to focus on her career to the ...more
Toni
Apr 02, 2013 Toni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2013
This is book 3 in the Drakes of California series that also includes Diamond Dreams and Champagne Kisses. The resort and spa is now up and running on the winery owned by the Drake family. Faye Buckner is there on a much needed vacation after offering her medical services in earthquake ravaged Haiti. Used to living in less than ideal situations around the world, getting used to being surrounded by luxury and the attentions of playboy Dexter Drake.

Faye is determined to open a medical clinic and c
Yazmin
May 06, 2013 Yazmin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Platinum Promises by Zuri Day starts hot and continues to be a hot read till the very end.

Faye Buckner is in Temecula for just a few days of relaxation before she starts working on the new free clinic she is opening in San Diego. She is staying at the Drake resort and spa thanks to her friend, mentor and father-like figure that is also sponsoring her clinic in San Diego. He believes that she needed some rest before she started working non-stop again.

Dexter Drake’s wines have helped to make his f
Kimberly
Apr 17, 2013 Kimberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Drakes of California are one of my favorite families. This story between Dexter and Faye was awesome. The chemistry and companionship between them had its ups and downs but they made it through. Dexter being the baby of the family was not use to coming in second to nothing. Faye was very dedicated to her career and had to realize she was being a little selfish in what she expected, but not giving what she was asking for in return. In the end it all worked out.
Reshemah
May 02, 2013 Reshemah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved Faye and Dexter's story. Dexter was against the whole marriage thing but once he met Faye all bets where off. Faye's life centered around her work as a doctor and getting her free clinic up and running but she couldn't run from a Drake. This book had me laughing out loud at Papa Dee and his quick wit. For a man to be 100 years old, he sure kept you on your toes. Zuri Day is an awesome writer and she never disappoints.
Victoria
Aug 15, 2015 Victoria rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Probably one of the worst I've read in a while. The dialogue was trying so hard to be colloquial and hip, and truthfully it failed. I've read many Harlequin novels across nearly every genre they carry, and this has got to be up there in terms of the worst. Of course, I'll be trying others in the Kimani subset of the Harlequin world. but this one just didn't feel right. It was rushed, and unrealistic.
Crystal
Feb 08, 2014 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Drake family stories. Add this book to the pile of goodies. Dexter and Faye are a good fit. In this story opposites attract and they find a true Love. Life always makes you become ready for things that may not have been in your plan and that is what happens when Faye finds herself pregnant. Glad it all worked out and their love was enough to overshadow the unexpected pregnancy so they can live happily ever after.
Lakysha Reid
Mar 05, 2015 Lakysha Reid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Platinum Greatness

With this being the third book of the series, I knew to expect the heat from Dexter. He brought it & then some. He met his match in Faye ( his unexpected love surrendered.) I have enjoyed the Drakes & now when I re-read Solid Gold, it too will only be better, second time around.
Tracy Hale
Mar 12, 2013 Tracy Hale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Drake series is one of my favorites. I've enjoyed reading about all of them. I thought I loved Donovan but after reading Dexter's story I think I have two loves. The chemistry in this book is heated from the start. A great read!
Toni
Dexter Drake is intelligent, single and focused on making the family's resort spa the most successful in California. In walks Dr Faye Buckner dedicated to saving lives. What starts as friendship slowly turns to something else.
Yolanda
Aug 20, 2014 Yolanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The love story of Faye and Dexter is a believable story. The courtship was not intended and definitely not perfect. However, it is truly a whirlwind affair. The love scenes were very hot and the author crafted them freaky but classy. If the two can be combined. An excellent read!
Marie Antoine
May 29, 2014 Marie Antoine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from Me. Day

This book was a great book. very romantic if you are a big romance fan like, myself. a must buy and read. it will not disappoint. like all romance novels, not suitable for young adults under 17+
DERRICK GRIGSBY
May 30, 2016 DERRICK GRIGSBY rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SHE IS A VERY GOOD AUTHOR

A MUST READ THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOOD IT HELD MY ATTENTION FROM THE BEGINNING TOO THE END. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK
Malika
Dec 13, 2014 Malika rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
predictable, but pleasant.
Carla wynn
Sep 10, 2014 Carla wynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book. Idexter and Faye are not your typical couple. They have a oil and vinegar feel, but they are destined to mix better than they expected.
Beverly
This was a 3.5 read for me.
Keisha Oliver
What can I say, besides I just live reading about the Drakes and they have more.
Angela
Category: African-American
Jenn Scranton
** ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review **
Marquetta Henderson
Marquetta Henderson rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2013
Elizabeth Bergquist
Elizabeth Bergquist rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Pleasure Rush  (New York Sabers Football, #4)
  • Sweeter Temptation
  • Stealing Kisses
  • Her Perfect Candidate
  • Waking Up to You: Waking Up to You / Overexposed
  • Before I Let You Go
  • Island for Two: Hawaii Magic\Fiji Fantasy (Kimani Romance)
  • Our First Dance
Zuri Day is a hopeful romantic. She believes in happy endings, half-full glasses and dreams coming true. That's why she's thrilled to be a contributing writer to this genre...one of her favorites!

Zuri doesn't remember exactly how old she was when she picked up her first romance novel, but she does remember it was love at first sight. "It was probably a Harlequin," she recalled during a recent inte
More about Zuri Day...

The Drakes of California (7 books)
  • Diamond Dreams