Start by marking “Why Do Cats Meow?” as Want to Read:
Why Do Cats Meow?

Why Do Cats Meow?

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Many children love cats, and there is so much to know about America's most popular pet. Why do they meow, hiss, and purr? Why do they have whiskers, tails, and claws? Beginning readers can find out the answers to those questions and many more in this fun, fact-packed book filled with colorful feline photos and drawings.
Published April 23rd 2001 by Penguin Young Readers (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Why Do Cats Meow?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Do Cats Meow?

Jaimee Huskins
This is a very detail and informational books about cats. It has a lot of good facts and answers to questions about cat. The book is written in a question answer form so it makes it easy for anyone to follow. The pictures in this book has actual photographs and illustrations. It tells stories of hero cats at the end which is cool for children to hear about. This book would be great for any young child interested in cats!
Martin
Great little book about cats: a lot of information on the most popular house pet in the United States, presented in simple sentences perfect for young readers.

Inquisitive young minds wondering just why it is that cats purr, why they have whiskers, and how many hours cats sleep in a day, will find the answers to these questions and much, much more in this book.

Again: perfect for young readers.
Judy
Lots of good detail about cats... A good informational read for the young cat lovers!
Carol
I loved the kitten photos and illustrations in this book and there was lots of great information. One page I found oddly disturbing/funny. It read "If your cat brings a mouse or bird to you, don't get mad. Your cat is giving you a present to help you learn to hunt and to show it loves you. Just ask your parents to bury your cat's gift". It's the last sentence that struck me... I don't know why... it is to the point I guess.
Dolly
Feb 11, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Interesting and informative book about cats. Tells all about them in short segments. Our girls enjoyed this book.
Odyssey Rios
well i dont know why i bought this book i already knew. But hey u gotta know sometimes!
Marj Kirslis
Marj Kirslis marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Jen
Jen added it
Feb 05, 2015
Anna H
Anna H added it
Jan 30, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Aiden Gray
Aiden Gray marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Marionna Voiselle
Marionna Voiselle marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
KymberleeAnn
KymberleeAnn marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Author of MIGHTY DADS (a NYTimes bestseller, illus by James Dean); LITTLE RED WRITING (illus by Melissa Sweet); the GODDESS GIRLS series (co-author Suzanne Williams); ZERO THE HERO (illus Tom Litchtenheld); and many other books for children. I feel very lucky to be doing what I love.
More about Joan Holub...
Athena the Brain (Goddess Girls, #1) Aphrodite the Beauty (Goddess Girls, #3) Persephone the Phony (Goddess Girls, #2) Artemis the Brave (Goddess Girls, #4) Athena the Wise (Goddess Girls, #5)