Why Do Cats Meow?

Why Do Cats Meow?

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Many children love cats, and there is so much to know about America's most popular pet. Why do they meow, hiss, and purr? Why do they have whiskers, tails, and claws? Beginning readers can find out the answers to those questions and many more in this fun, fact-packed book filled with colorful feline photos and drawings.
Published April 23rd 2001 by Penguin Young Readers (first published 2001)

Martin
Great little book about cats: a lot of information on the most popular house pet in the United States, presented in simple sentences perfect for young readers.

Inquisitive young minds wondering just why it is that cats purr, why they have whiskers, and how many hours cats sleep in a day, will find the answers to these questions and much, much more in this book.

Again: perfect for young readers.
Carol
I loved the kitten photos and illustrations in this book and there was lots of great information. One page I found oddly disturbing/funny. It read "If your cat brings a mouse or bird to you, don't get mad. Your cat is giving you a present to help you learn to hunt and to show it loves you. Just ask your parents to bury your cat's gift". It's the last sentence that struck me... I don't know why... it is to the point I guess.
Dolly
Feb 11, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Interesting and informative book about cats. Tells all about them in short segments. Our girls enjoyed this book.
Victoria Rios
well i dont know why i bought this book i already knew. But hey u gotta know sometimes!
Aiden Gray
Aiden Gray marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Marionna Voiselle
Marionna Voiselle marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
KymberleeAnn
KymberleeAnn marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2013
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Jun 25, 2012
B.i.
B.i. added it
Jun 22, 2012
Author of MIGHTY DADS (a NYTimes bestseller, illus by James Dean); LITTLE RED WRITING (illus by Melissa Sweet); the GODDESS GIRLS series (co-author Suzanne Williams); ZERO THE HERO (illus Tom Litchtenheld); and many other books for children. I'm really bad at going to bed on time, and in related news, also bad at getting up early.
More about Joan Holub...
Athena the Brain (Goddess Girls, #1) Aphrodite the Beauty (Goddess Girls, #3) Persephone the Phony (Goddess Girls, #2) Artemis the Brave (Goddess Girls, #4) Athena the Wise (Goddess Girls, #5)