Start by marking “My Grandmother is a Singing Yaya” as Want to Read:
My Grandmother is a Singing Yaya

My Grandmother is a Singing Yaya

Lulu loves to hear her Greek grandmother sing...but only when they're alone together. In public, it makes her cringe. Yaya bursts into song over a dog, a sunny day, or anything at all. At the Grandparent's Day picnic, Lulu wants her grandmother to act like all the other grandmothers -- and that means no singing! But how can her crooning Yaya keep quiet when there are so ma ...more
Published October 1st 2001 by Orchard Books (NY)

To ask other readers questions about My Grandmother is a Singing Yaya, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Grandmother is a Singing Yaya

Erika Laudermilt
May 01, 2014 Erika Laudermilt rated it really liked it
Shelves: 00-in-class
I think this is a really important book because it shows children the meaning and appreciation of family. The girl in the story is embarrassed of her grandmother cause she is always singing in public, but by the end she appreciates her and respects her even more. This can help children to see that you can pick and choose your friends but your family is what will be there for forever.
David
Mar 09, 2009 David rated it it was amazing
Be proud of who you are. I liked how the granddaughter and the grandmother become closer in their relationship. I also learned a little about Greek food in this book.
Kathleen Horn
Kathleen Horn rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
KT
KT rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2007
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Christina Andrews
Christina Andrews rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2014
Ashwini Baranwal
Ashwini Baranwal rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Terry
Terry added it
Oct 18, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016