Start by marking “Just Joe (Harlequin More Than Words)” as Want to Read:
Just Joe (Harlequin More Than Words)

Just Joe (Harlequin More Than Words)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  299 ratings  ·  32 reviews
In Just Joe, Stacy Donovan is willing to do whatever it takes to save her charity, Bounties from the Gardens. Families in need are counting on her organization for fresh fruits and vegetables. Running the charity has always been Stacy's dream, and if winning a local dance competition will keep her dream alive, that's what she'll do.

After years of being consumed by work, Jo
Published April 1st 2013 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about Just Joe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Joe

Julie
Just Joe by Carla Cassidy is a 2013 Harlequin “More than Words” Special release.

This a heart tugging sweet contemporary romance based in part on a real person doing something inspirational for their community.
Stacy Donovan had a really tough childhood and then suffered a heartbreak which has her throwing herself heart and soul into a charity campaign that helps feed the hungry. She gardens and raises vegetables for food pantries and those in need. Sounds awesome, but the operation is in dire f
Amy Jacobs
This was a sweet and tender read that was actually worth reading even though it was quite short. I would have loved a little more insight into the charity and the work they do for it. The characters were good and I actually liked them together. I think if this book was a full length book, then my rating would have been higher.

Rachelle Ayala
This was a nice story about a woman running a charity for feeding the hungry and at the same time running away from personal relationships.

Stacy's biggest worry is funding for her charity. So she enters a dance contest to try and win money to tide the charity over the winter. Along comes a real estate developer named Joe who has decided he wants more out of life than work and money. He tries to win Stacy's heart but she does not want to let him in due to the issues she has with her father.

The ro
LaFleurBleue
Clichéd book with a rich guy looking after finding himself after a personal tragedy and an unrealistic do-gooder unable to commit with anyone. The writing wasn't bad, but never succeeded in engaging me or making me believe in the characters or their story.
Not sure I'll try another book from this author.
Pam
This was a real sweet story. I like the concept of helping charities ran by women. I enjoyed the story the garden helping those in need is awesome. I wouldnof liked the heroine to show just a little more confidence. The hero was nice.
Cheri Erickson skull
It was OK for a quick before bedtime read. Very predictable...you always knew what was coming. Some of the ways " Joe" talked to "Stacey" was not OK with me. But still it was cute.
Beatriz
The power of Trust

Great story, learning to trust again. After so much hardship can we learn to believe and trust people again, with a love story in the works.
Jenn Swanson
This story was very short; could be read in one sitting. Was a good story that showcased trust and helping those in need. Cute little romantic story.
Janine
The charity highlighted is such a worthy cause and never knew that there was something like it. That is why I gave the story three stars because of the charity.

The love story between Joe and Stacy on the other hand just wasn't believable to me at all in such a short period of time. Personally Joe's actions were creepy and then he wouldn't take responsibility for his actions and laid blame on Stacy. Yeah I don't think so. The resolution of the issues again fell completely flat and to me unrealist
Anntonette Mabey
Sweet.

it's a sweet read. the story line is simple, predictable for the most part, and easy to read. the plot is one that brings you in emotionally and has you really pulling for the characters. Overall a good read.
Lillie
Quick and easy read with the added bonus of highlighting women running charities.
Char (1RadReader59)
This three book series of charities are very good. Each one shows the true spirit of the human heart to be truly giving of time, money, love, themselves, & so much more. In this one Stacey & Joe have gone some heart wrenching things that puts them in places where they have trust issues where their hearts are concerned. They have a good chemistry but this story I kept feel like it was missing some emotional depth I guess is the word. The storyline told me I should have felt it but I didn' ...more
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Sweet, Short and a fun read. Trust is the issue in this short sweet love story.
Susan
Cute, sweet romance. Good read. Easy and quick, but worth it.
Sruthi
I appreciate the patience and forgiving nature of Joe.
Deborah J. Long
Heartwarming and uplifting

This book is a lovely and creative way to focus on individuals who are making a difference and to raise awareness of their organizations. Coupling the information in such a well-written and inspiring romance is treat for the reader.
Maria Bonano
This book work the patience gift. Not everyone has it, but we always need to find it.
Brittany
AMAZING! This is a great book I'm definitely going to be reading more like this I love the thoughts and ideas and the dedication that people put into helping others and I definitely look forward to doing something like this on my own life.
Dorel
This is the first book I read by Carla Cassidy. The reason why I gave this 3 stars I really like Stacey's devotion to her organization. I also like what Stacey did for her organization. I really love how this story makes readers aware of this organization if they ever want to donate or help out. I wasn't really into the romance between Stacey & Joe.
Rese
I read mine as a Nook edition (not Kindle). For the type of book it was I gave it 4 stars, normally it would have been just 3.
Regina
Great Community Project book. A charity organization giving fresh fruit and vegetables for those who are in need.
Suganya K
Story was really good and made us to feel how the mature love about it <3
Texas Book Lover
3.5 stars Great free read with a such a wonderful message behind it!
Jill
Great books devoted to honor those who have founded charities.
Lynn
I know I read this but kind of forgot what it's about.
Lea
A nice short story romance featuring a good cause.
Victoria Newman
Adele Ratzlaff
short. sweet. predictable.
Poonam
Short story. Good read.
  • Good Neighbors (Harlequin More Than Words)
  • Light This Candle
  • No One But You
  • A Place in Her Heart (Harlequin More Than Words)
  • The Wedding Dress Diaries (The Wedding Season, #0.5)
  • A Taste of Romance
  • Never Too Late (Harlequin More Than Words)
  • One Hit Wonder (Rock Stars in Love, #1.5)
  • You Are Here
  • Nightfall
  • The Christmas Catch (Holiday Brides #1)
  • Bearing All (Wild Men of Alaska, #4)
  • An Officer and a Rebel (Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • Not His Type (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana #2)
  • Brash
  • A Man Called Blue
  • Destined for the Maverick (Montana Mavericks: 20 Years in the Saddle! #0.5)
Cowboy with a Cause (Cowboy Cafe #3) Paint It Red Are You Afraid? Broken Pieces Without a Sound