Start by marking “Just Joe” as Want to Read:
Just Joe

Just Joe

In Just Joe, Stacy Donovan is willing to do whatever it takes to save her charity, Bounties from the Gardens. Families in need are counting on her organization for fresh fruits and vegetables. Running the charity has always been Stacy's dream, and if winning a local dance competition will keep her dream alive, that's what she'll do.

After years of being consumed by work, Jo
Kindle Edition, Harlequin More Than Words, 67 pages
Published April 1st 2013 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about Just Joe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Joe

Julie
Sep 16, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
Just Joe by Carla Cassidy is a 2013 Harlequin “More than Words” Special release.

This a heart tugging sweet contemporary romance based in part on a real person doing something inspirational for their community.
Stacy Donovan had a really tough childhood and then suffered a heartbreak which has her throwing herself heart and soul into a charity campaign that helps feed the hungry. She gardens and raises vegetables for food pantries and those in need. Sounds awesome, but the operation is in dire f
Amy Jacobs
May 19, 2015 Amy Jacobs rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This was a sweet and tender read that was actually worth reading even though it was quite short. I would have loved a little more insight into the charity and the work they do for it. The characters were good and I actually liked them together. I think if this book was a full length book, then my rating would have been higher.

Rachelle Ayala
Dec 27, 2014 Rachelle Ayala rated it it was amazing
This was a nice story about a woman running a charity for feeding the hungry and at the same time running away from personal relationships.

Stacy's biggest worry is funding for her charity. So she enters a dance contest to try and win money to tide the charity over the winter. Along comes a real estate developer named Joe who has decided he wants more out of life than work and money. He tries to win Stacy's heart but she does not want to let him in due to the issues she has with her father.

The ro
Tiffany Willams
Dec 30, 2015 Tiffany Willams rated it liked it
"I am a persistent man, Stacy, and it's been a very long time since any woman has interested me like you do. I'd like to get to know you better, to spend some time with you."
"Not everyone gets what they want out of life."

This was a sweet and short story about two people who haven't had the best of luck in the relationship department. They have also had to come through tragedy and loss to get to where they are.

Stacy has worked to the bone to make her charity successful, even if it means putting
Jackie
Sometimes we cannot see the forest for the trees, or something like that.

Stacy has been hurt by men in her past so when Joe shows interest in her outside volunteering for her charity food farm the first thing she worries about is how long it will be before he leaves.

Joe is still reeling from a loss in his past but when he meets Stacy his world becomes brighter and his heart sings for the first time in years, just like her though he finds himself questioning those feelings.

As things progress a se
LaFleurBleue
May 05, 2015 LaFleurBleue rated it it was ok
Clichéd book with a rich guy looking after finding himself after a personal tragedy and an unrealistic do-gooder unable to commit with anyone. The writing wasn't bad, but never succeeded in engaging me or making me believe in the characters or their story.
Not sure I'll try another book from this author.
Pam
Jul 12, 2014 Pam rated it really liked it
This was a real sweet story. I like the concept of helping charities ran by women. I enjoyed the story the garden helping those in need is awesome. I wouldnof liked the heroine to show just a little more confidence. The hero was nice.
Cheri Erickson skull
It was OK for a quick before bedtime read. Very predictable...you always knew what was coming. Some of the ways " Joe" talked to "Stacey" was not OK with me. But still it was cute.
Beatriz
Nov 20, 2014 Beatriz rated it it was amazing
The power of Trust

Great story, learning to trust again. After so much hardship can we learn to believe and trust people again, with a love story in the works.
Jenn Swanson
Nov 23, 2014 Jenn Swanson rated it really liked it
This story was very short; could be read in one sitting. Was a good story that showcased trust and helping those in need. Cute little romantic story.
Janine
Sep 06, 2014 Janine rated it liked it
The charity highlighted is such a worthy cause and never knew that there was something like it. That is why I gave the story three stars because of the charity.

The love story between Joe and Stacy on the other hand just wasn't believable to me at all in such a short period of time. Personally Joe's actions were creepy and then he wouldn't take responsibility for his actions and laid blame on Stacy. Yeah I don't think so. The resolution of the issues again fell completely flat and to me unrealist
Anntonette Mabey
Jul 04, 2014 Anntonette Mabey rated it liked it
Sweet.

it's a sweet read. the story line is simple, predictable for the most part, and easy to read. the plot is one that brings you in emotionally and has you really pulling for the characters. Overall a good read.
Lillie
Quick and easy read with the added bonus of highlighting women running charities.
Char (1RadReader59)
Apr 27, 2013 Char (1RadReader59) rated it liked it
This three book series of charities are very good. Each one shows the true spirit of the human heart to be truly giving of time, money, love, themselves, & so much more. In this one Stacey & Joe have gone some heart wrenching things that puts them in places where they have trust issues where their hearts are concerned. They have a good chemistry but this story I kept feel like it was missing some emotional depth I guess is the word. The storyline told me I should have felt it but I didn' ...more
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Mar 15, 2015 ღ☆ღ Brenda rated it really liked it
Sweet, Short and a fun read. Trust is the issue in this short sweet love story.
Susan Jenkins (Tely)
Apr 30, 2014 Susan Jenkins (Tely) rated it really liked it
Cute, sweet romance. Good read. Easy and quick, but worth it.
Sruthi
Mar 04, 2015 Sruthi rated it it was amazing
I appreciate the patience and forgiving nature of Joe.
Joy
Dec 19, 2015 Joy rated it it was ok
Good cause. Bad stories.
Deborah J. Long
Heartwarming and uplifting

This book is a lovely and creative way to focus on individuals who are making a difference and to raise awareness of their organizations. Coupling the information in such a well-written and inspiring romance is treat for the reader.
Maria
Jan 24, 2014 Maria rated it liked it
This book work the patience gift. Not everyone has it, but we always need to find it.
Brittany
Jan 03, 2014 Brittany rated it it was amazing
AMAZING! This is a great book I'm definitely going to be reading more like this I love the thoughts and ideas and the dedication that people put into helping others and I definitely look forward to doing something like this on my own life.
Dorel
Jul 23, 2013 Dorel rated it liked it
This is the first book I read by Carla Cassidy. The reason why I gave this 3 stars I really like Stacey's devotion to her organization. I also like what Stacey did for her organization. I really love how this story makes readers aware of this organization if they ever want to donate or help out. I wasn't really into the romance between Stacey & Joe.
Rese
Apr 13, 2013 Rese rated it really liked it
I read mine as a Nook edition (not Kindle). For the type of book it was I gave it 4 stars, normally it would have been just 3.
Regina
Jun 09, 2013 Regina rated it really liked it
Great Community Project book. A charity organization giving fresh fruit and vegetables for those who are in need.
Suganya K
Aug 23, 2013 Suganya K rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon-kindle
Story was really good and made us to feel how the mature love about it <3
Texas Book Lover
May 01, 2013 Texas Book Lover rated it really liked it
3.5 stars Great free read with a such a wonderful message behind it!
Jill
May 23, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it
Great books devoted to honor those who have founded charities.
Terrie
Oct 02, 2015 Terrie rated it really liked it
Inspired by a real-life heroine. Clean, short story.
Lynn
I know I read this but kind of forgot what it's about.
Lea
May 25, 2013 Lea rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit-romance
A nice short story romance featuring a good cause.
  • Light This Candle
  • Good Neighbors (Life in Icicle Falls #2.5)
  • A Place in Her Heart
  • No One But You
  • A Taste of Romance
  • Safe by His Side (Manhunt, #2)
  • One Hit Wonder (Rock Stars in Love, #1.5)
  • A Wing & A Prayer
  • The Wedding Dress Diaries (The Wedding Season, #0.5)
  • Never Too Late
  • The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana, #2)
  • Passion to Die For (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1579)
  • Lake of Dreams
  • Special Delivery (A Valentine's Short Story)
  • When You Return to Me (Broslin Creek, #6.5)
  • Nightfall
  • Between Then and Now (Wardham, #0.5)
  • A Man Called Blue