Start by marking “Own It: Discover Your Faith in God” as Want to Read:
Own It: Discover Your Faith in God

Own It: Discover Your Faith in God

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The movie Grace Unplugged tells the story of Grace Trey, an ideal Christian teenager who is also a phenomenal singer. But when she is pushed into the “real world” at the tender age of eighteen after getting the music break of a lifetime, her faith is put to the test.

Published September 1st 2013 by B&H Books

To ask other readers questions about Own It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Own It

Lisa Johnson
Title: Own It (Leaving Behind a Borrowed Faith)
Author: Michael & Hayley DiMarco
Pages: 176
Year: 2013
Publisher: B & H Books
There are books that come across our path in life that cause us to stop and consider the premise laid out in the writing. Here is such a challenge to do just that: Stop and consider. Consider what you ask? Well, actually I could say the state or position of your faith, but that wouldn’t really encapsulate the reason the authors share what God has taught them.
In six tho
Jonathan Esterman
The book begins with telling of the Prodigal Son. After briefly summarizing the tale while providing a bit of “backstory” to the culture, the authors use this parable to show the love of G-d as the father in the tale originally told by Y’shua. The authors use this to show how the book is not about accusing, but rather about benefitting. It is designed to help readers, or listeners, determine their own faith in G-d, from a biblically-based perspective.

From an audiobook point of view, the narratio
Melanie
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3SDQ9UA...
Review on my blog (to be 4/15/2014): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

Own It is the second book by the DiMarco's I've read. While I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one (True Purity - which I loved), I did like it.

I liked how the chapters were set up and the style of the book. I also liked how Hayley and Michael shared some of their own stories/struggles - that made the book more personal/real.

I thought the beginning o
Jalynn Patterson
About Own It:

Own It! mirrors the film by asking what it means to really “own” your personal faith rather than just automatically following in the footsteps of parents, friends, or other influencers. Best-selling authors Hayley and Mi
Lisa
I liked this book a lot. I'm someone that feels pretty solid in my faith - in an understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how his grace saves us - and this book made me think about these things in some powerful ways. Much of the writing is geared to adolescents, and I actually appreciate the simplicity because I have a sneaking suspicion that's how God probably views all of us, no matter our earth age. These Christian authors really get it - they get that faith is more than saying "I b ...more
Rese
This is by far one of the most absolutely awe-inspiring, thought provoking, must read books, of all times. One I have thoroughly enjoyed and one which will be on my reading list over and over again.
Trina Duvall
Good reads win:

So I got this book in the mail today. It was one of those books that just sucked me in (let me just say house is a mess and husband is so not going to be happy). I usually don't read books dealing with religion or god. but since I won it in goodreads I definitely gave it a try. I fell in love with this book. This book is about a girl who gets a break in the music industry. It makes you ask many questions. For me the one that stuck how was where does your faith come from? That ques
Taylor Troncin
I won this book through a goodreads giveaway.

Now, to be fair to the book (and the authors) I should not have entered in the giveaway. The subject matter (well, anything religious-related) tends to not go over well with me. It's a topic that I generally tend to try to avoid whenever possible. So, picking up this book was a challenge within itself.

Now, my rating does not reflect the quality of the text or anything like that ... It's honestly just due to the subject matter and I should have thoug
Rachel
I received a free copy of Own It through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

Don't let the thinness of this book fool you. It is a heavy read. In Own It, Michael and Hayley DiMarco write with unyielding frankness about the factors involved in truly owning your faith...what you must give up, what you will gain as a result, and how it will fundamentally change you. Own It is a revelation for a believer of any age.
Joyce Yanney
This is a christian book, explaining how a person should not follow others faith. Find and live by their own beliefs. Faith changes you. Completes, frees and saves you. When your faith meets challenges don't make poor choices. Own it. Believe and act upon it. An excellent book for all to read, christian and non christian. This is a teaching book. Well written.
Diana Montgomery
Own it
By: Michael & Hayley DiMarco

Do we own our own personal faith or are we letting the world direct us? Are we just following the world , parents or friends. This book will help us to know what to do when our faith meets the challenges of everyday life. Looking forward to putting this into practice in my own life.
Libby Rouse
Very good book that you must read and think about what you are reading, as it pertains to your faith in your own life and circumstances. Absorb the thoughts and teachings on faith as you go along. I was a Goodreads winner, and I am so happy to have won this book, I am now passing it on to other family member to read
Brittany
I received this book via the Goodreads First Reads program.

I really enjoyed this book. It made me delve deeper into my own relationship with Jesus. It showed me how, when change occurs in my relationship with Christ, it's a good thing. Staying stagnant is not beneficial.
Lyssette Smith
I have to say this is a great book for parents of teenagers to encourage them to read it.
Cindy
Great book! We are passing on our copy to one of the teens in our youth group.
Whitney Eissfeldt
Really enjoyed this book. Opened my eyes to so many things.
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Okou Jonathan
Okou Jonathan marked it as to-read
Aly Vazquez
Aly Vazquez marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Katie Feringa
Katie Feringa marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Teresa Clark
Teresa Clark marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Monique
Monique marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Caroline Craven
Caroline Craven marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Brittany Lou
Brittany Lou marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Sony
Sony marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Shafontaye
Shafontaye marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Rachel Carby-Kemp
Rachel Carby-Kemp marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
  • Dr. Gary Chapman on The Marriage You've Always Wanted
  • 100 Days of Favor: Daily Readings From Unmerited Favor
  • Death on Lindisfarne (The Aidan Mysteries #2)
  • The Women of Christmas: Experience the Season Afresh with Elizabeth, Mary, and Anna
  • Plain Faith: A True Story of Tragedy, Loss, and Leaving the Amish
  • Grace Unplugged
  • On a Quest for Christ: Tracing the Footsteps of Your Spiritual Journey
  • PrayerWalk: Becoming a Woman of Prayer, Strength, and Discipline
  • Opening the Gates of Heaven: Walk in the Favor of Answered Prayer and Blessing
  • For Love or Country (The MacGregor Legacy, #2)
  • 52 Things Kids Need from a Mom: What Mothers Can Do to Make a Lifelong Difference
  • Outrageous Courage: What God Can Do with Raw Obedience and Radical Faith
  • Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full: Gospel Meditations for Busy Moms
  • Rival Hearts (Quilts of Love, #19)
  • Unlimited: A Novel
  • Dawn of the Golden Promise (Emerald Ballad #5)
  • To Write a Wrong (Justice Seekers, #2)
  • Pieces of Light
21968
Hayley DiMarco is the best-selling author of over 30 books, including God Girl, Mean Girls, and Die Young. She and her husband, Michael, run Hungry Planet, a company focused on producing books that combine hard-hitting biblical truth with cutting-edge design in Nashville, Tennessee.
More about Hayley DiMarco...
God Girl: Becoming the Woman You're Meant to Be Marriable: Taking the Desperate Out of Dating Sexy Girls: How Hot is Too Hot? Mean Girls: Facing Your Beauty Turned Beast Devotions for the God Girl: A 365-Day Journey