Start by marking “Bash and the Pirate Pig” as Want to Read:
Bash and the Pirate Pig

Bash and the Pirate Pig (Bash #1)

Written for boys 8 to 14, Bash and the Pirate Pig is the story of a cranky city kid named Raymond “Beamer” Boxby who must spend summer vacation at his younger cousin Bash Hinglehobb’s farm.

Published September 1st 2013 by B&H Kids

To ask other readers questions about Bash and the Pirate Pig, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bash and the Pirate Pig

Yo Leo Ficción Cristiana
Jan 16, 2015 Yo Leo Ficción Cristiana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
description

RESEÑA EN ESPAÑOL COMPLETA

This book makes me want to be a kid again.

The story is told from the point of view of Raymond "Beamer", a city kid, used to reading comics, eating potato chips and lying on the couch all day; and when he’s sent to the farm to take care of his cousin Bash, his world is turned upside down.

Unlike Beamer, Bash is a very naughty, adventurous and inventive child. Bash can make the slightest activity becomes a feat and it drives Beamer crazy.

Between games, laughter, mischief
Lou
Jan 25, 2015 Lou rated it it was amazing
I can't help but love this book and all its characters.

I'm the kind of person who enjoys reading and living the books, that's why I usually end up laughing or crying aloud... That's why I usually feel kind of embarrassed because people see me as a total freak. And that's WHY I didn't read this in public...

At home I was laughing and laughing because of Bash and Beamer, and how crazy their adventures were.
I'm totally in love with this book and I'm committed to continue the series to the end.
Cindy Navarro
Sep 17, 2013 Cindy Navarro rated it really liked it
Bash and the Pirate Pig, by Burton Cole, is the story of city couch potato, Raymond "Beamer" Boxby who prefers to spend his time inside with a bag of his favorite potato chips and a stack of comic books. To his horror, he learns that his parents have decided he needs to spend the summer getting fresh air, sunshine, and exercise...visiting his cousin on the farm!!

Sebastian "Bash" Hinglehobb is a bundle of energy who has a wild imagination and manages to convince others to join in his adventures.
Jalynn Patterson
Sep 17, 2013 Jalynn Patterson rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

Beamer prefers air conditioning and video games. He can’t see what good can come of this so-called country fun that includes riding cows, river rafting with a pig, or playing with skunks.

But hang tight, Beamer, because Bash’s zany adventures with his "Fishin' and Farmin' book" (The Bible) just m
Christian Fiction Addiction
Sep 17, 2013 Christian Fiction Addiction rated it really liked it
Filled with laugh-out-loud moments and original characters, "Bash and the Pirate Pig" offers up a unique read for your pre-teen children. While primarily aimed at the male audience, I have no doubt that both girls and boys will appreciate the non-stop action contained in the pages of this book. The characters are absolutely full of life, and young readers are sure to have their attention captured from start to finish. I should warn you that your children may come up with all sorts of crazy ideas ...more
Tiffany
Feb 08, 2016 Tiffany rated it liked it
Shelves: given-to-review
I recently got the chance to review this super cute book Bash and the Pirate Pig by Burton W. Cole. This is a great chapter book for ages 8 to 14. Raymond is a city kid who loves to eat chips on the couch while reading comic books. He's excited to spend his summer this way but his parents have other plans. He is going to spend the summer with his crazy cousin Bash on the farm.

Bash is a crazy, fun loving kid always getting into trouble but enjoying every minute of it. The summer starts off with B
Vera Godley
Aug 08, 2016 Vera Godley rated it really liked it
My thoughts: Get ready for some down-on-the-farm, slap-stick, tickle-you-in-the-ribs, and boy-talk that'll cause your gag reflex to kick in. When city boy and country boy get up to mischief on the farm, it gets pretty exciting.

There seems no limit to the antics that Bash can dream up and it is usually at the expense of his city cousin "Ray-Ray Beamer." Nearly drowning in the pond, wrapping another "friend" with fly paper, riding cows down the road (I said cows, not horses or mules). And the beat
LK Hunsaker
Dec 19, 2015 LK Hunsaker rated it it was amazing
I picked this up mainly because the author is local and super friendly with an easy-going demeanor, so I figured his young adult humor for kids might make a good gift for someone I know in that age range.

Grab this for your kid/grandkid! Bash and Raymond are total opposites, the what-could-be-cliché mismatch of the city kid versus the country kid, except that it's truly hilarious and there's nothing at all cliché in the story. Cole's imagination had me shaking my head and even chuckling at times.
Chris
May 25, 2016 Chris rated it it was amazing
Bash and Beamer are about as opposite as cousins can get. Bash is from the country, loves the outdoors, and his idea of a good time is riding a cow down the highway to the local ice cream shop. Beamer is from the city, loves the indoors and video games and comic books, and wouldn't be caught dead riding a cow down the highway to anywhere.

When Beamer is dropped off by his parents to spend the entire summer with his nutball cousin, he has no idea the adventures and antics he's in store for. Bash's
Michelle Welsh
Jul 05, 2014 Michelle Welsh rated it really liked it
My family and I read Bash and the Pirate Pig aloud the first time, and then my daughters reread it a few times on their own. We have encouraged friends to pick up their own copy or to check it out at the library. A few friends want to borrow our copy.

We laughed our way through the book which we didn't want to put down. Adults and kids will enjoy it. We are looking forward to reading more about Bash and Beamer and their wild adventures. They have quite the imaginations.

While this book is fun, it
Becky Borgia
Becky Borgia rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2013
Tanis
Nov 10, 2013 Tanis rated it really liked it
Great book! Interesting, funny and hard to put down!
Julie Arduini
Julie Arduini rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2013
Sheila Becker
Sheila Becker rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Judy Tess
Judy Tess rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2016
Stan Crader
Stan Crader rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2015
Fay Lamb
Fay Lamb rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2014
Greg Stephens
Greg Stephens rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2015
J. R.
J. R. rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2014
Norma Sutherland
Norma Sutherland rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2013
Michelle Reed
Michelle Reed marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Anita Story
Anita Story marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Jennifer Priester
Jennifer Priester marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Chris Herten
Chris Herten is currently reading it
Sep 30, 2014
Lorianne
Lorianne marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Judy
Judy added it
Oct 16, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Solo
Solo added it
Sep 14, 2016
Rillian
Rillian is currently reading it
Sep 26, 2016
Burton Cole is a Pulitzer Prize-nominated journalist and humor columnist with thirty years of experience and more than fifty humor writing awards to his credit. He grew up on a farm in northeast Ohio and attended a small-town church with a slew of cousins and buddies. That same boyhood inspires his colorful and zany stories today.
More about Burton W. Cole...

Bash (3 books)