Start by marking “Private Practice (Private Pleasures, #1)” as Want to Read:
Private Practice (Private Pleasures, #1)

Private Practice (Private Pleasures #1)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,761 Ratings  ·  435 Reviews
A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

He’ll teach her how to bring a man to his knees…

Dr. Ellie Swan has a plan: open her practice in tiny Bluelick, Kentucky, so she can keep an eye on her diabetic father, and make hometown golden-boy Roger Reynolds fall in love with her. But Ellie has a problem. Roger seeks a skilled, sexually adventurous partner, and
Nook, 263 pages
Published February 23rd 2013 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Brazen)

To ask other readers questions about Private Practice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Private Practice

Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellTempting the Best Man by J. LynnTempting the Player by J. LynnProtecting What's His by Tessa BaileyOne Night with a Hero by Laura Kaye
Brazen Collection
14th out of 122 books — 491 voters
Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellVanilla on Top by C.J. EllissonThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstTempting the Best Man by J. LynnWrong Bed, Right Guy by Katee Robert
Entangled Books
12th out of 349 books — 319 voters

More lists with this book...

Jill
Mar 25, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jill by: Bri

Debut

Dr Ellie Swann is back in her hometown of Bluelick, Kentucky. Once considered a plain-looking, studious dork when younger, she's filled out her curves and with corrective eye surgery she's ditched the thick glasses. When she overhears a conversation that Roger Reynolds, the local golden boy, and his longtime girlfriend have broken up, Ellie decides this might be her big chance as she's always had a crush on him. But there's one little problem...

"His ideal woman has a whole lot of e
Karla

5 Fabulous Stars!! Amazing debut book! Fun, fun, fun!!

Ellie Swann (I think her last name was so appropriate) finally has a shot at snagging the man of her dreams, Roger Reynolds. She over hears his ex-fiancée, Melody Merritt, claim that Roger’s need for kinkier sex is what broke up their engagement; she is just not that kind of girl, no lewd acts of sex for her...HA...at least not with Roger! Loved Melody! Anyhow, so Ellie has a plan, she’s going to become the ‘wild woman’ that Roger wants in h
Christina ~ Brunette Reader
Feb 23, 2016 Christina ~ Brunette Reader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christina ~ Brunette Reader by: Jill

Outlandish premise involving the lessons in seduction (and more), but the writing was very good, the humour worked, all the characters were well-drawn, the small town scenario was spot-on, the heroine was likeable and the hero was a dreamboat.

A fun, sexy, naughtily sweet and thoroughly enjoyable quick read.
Duchess Nicole
Apr 07, 2013 Duchess Nicole rated it really liked it
Recommended to Duchess Nicole by: Jill
This is a book that makes me remember why I started reading romance. There aren't any big surprises or huge moments, no sad tears or heartbreak... just a sweet, predictable romance, witty dialogue, hot sex and a genuinely likeable couple.

After a ten year absence, nerdy, dorky "Sparky" Ellie Swan moves home a different woman. Not only is she a doctor but shes' grown in to a beautiful, confident woman. Well, confident in all areas but one...the bedroom. So when the chance encounter with town playb
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***3.25 Stars***

This was enjoyable, but I didn't love it.

Chelsea shrug

It started off strong...they're first interaction was quite hilarious and overall I really liked Tyler...add in the fact that I'm a sucker for this type of trope and this should have been a homerun, but after a while Ellie started to annoy me.

She was completely oblivious to everything. At first it was funny and quirky how neurotic she was about becoming a "wild" woman and her babbling rationalizations were endearing...

Researchers could
Arianna
Oct 25, 2014 Arianna rated it liked it
description

Ellie is 28, she’s a doctor and she recently moved back in her hometown to open a general practice and to keep tabs on her father who is ill. From as long she could remember she had a dream – to make Roger, the town golden boy, fell in love with her. One day, Ellie overhears that Roger broke up with his fiancée, because apparently he wants a nymphomaniac as a partner. So she decides to become what Roger needs and have some lesson in seduction. The only problem is that she needs a teacher.

She wil
KatLynne
Samanthe Beck's debut novel is perfect for a fun, steamy read!

You have small town livin' with all its quirkiness, a bad boy hero that is lovable, sexy as sin, and drives a Harley; a heroine that kept me in stitches and a cast of secondary characters that fit perfectly and added their own delicious delights. This author can take you from laughing out loud to steam in the blink of an eye. Perfect escapism with a happy ending! I loved it and can't wait for more!
Wendy
Mar 25, 2013 Wendy rated it really liked it
4.5 shining bright stars!

Tyler…GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROWL!

Our hero Tyler has dark hair, green eyes all rolled into bad boy persona but so adorably sweet when it comes to our heroine Ellie. I can eat that man up. He is GORGEOUS. *sigh*

I adored this from start to finish. It’s a light, fun and heart-warming read with great witty dialogue that had me giggling out loud and earning strange looks from hubby. This is a contemporary romance treat for one and all. Enjoy!
Mo
Mar 27, 2013 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great debut novel by Ms Beck. Really enjoyed it. Good storyline, great humour, strong main characters. Dr Sparky wanted to up her "hotness" ante to try and get the town good guy and end up with the 2.4 children and the white picket fence. She ended up asking Tyler, the town's "bad" boy to tutor her in the ways of the bedroom and make her a more sexy person. The moments they had together were funny and sweet..... Most parts made me smile or laugh out loud and what more could you ask for in ...more
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Mar 25, 2013 Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~ rated it really liked it
This was a totally sweet, sexy, fun read. I just adore Tyler. What an absolute sweetheart. And Ellie was adorable in a completely A-type personalty way. I know this plot line has been done before (though its not nearly as well used as the dominating billionaire theme) so there are no points for originality - but the execution was flawless.

Awesome endearing characters, great chemistry, some seriously laugh out loud lines.

For a fun, fast, entertaining read - highly recommended.
Lisa Kay
“I might see if my bunny swims.” (Melody to clueless Ellie.)
[image error]
Good Gravy Beans, I loved this one. I laughed and giggled - yes giggled - throughout.

As others have said, this has been done before, but who cares when it is redone as well as this?

Did I ever tell you my husband had dark hair, green eyes, and rode a motorcycle? **sigh**
Anne OK
Mar 27, 2013 Anne OK rated it really liked it
Recommended to Anne OK by: Jill (Goodreads)
Shelves: 2013-reads
4.5 AMAZINGLY ENTERTAINING STARS

A Bomb-diggity great debut! I fell for Tyler “Footlong” Longfoot, the sexy bad boy with a heart of gold, the moment he arrived on the page. He now stands tall among my favorite book boyfriends. And Doctor Ellie “Sparky” Swan was frustratingly endearing and lovable. Together they made a magical connection.

Although the “opposites-attract” trope isn’t original, this time around it just seems sassier and sweeter and oh-so-enjoyable. Filled with charm, wit, and some ou
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️
Sweet, fun, and enduring read, I loved the characters and the storyline. My only complaint is that there was no epilogue, with an epilogue this would have been a 5 star read for me.
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
Mar 15, 2013 edzkie♥§*.*§♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy-books
“He’s assisting me with a personal project.”
Melody grinned. “Uh-huh, right. You couldn’t find your tonsils so he stopped by to help you look for them. Search to be continued this Friday. If you want my advice, you should have him hunt for something really important, like your G-spot.”

This is a fun read. The blurb sold me and my expectation rise up to the top.

Dr. Ellie Swan finally have a chance to sweep her Prince Charming to his feet upon learning his & long term fiancee split and hearin
Kathleen
Apr 08, 2013 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Story Rating 5 Stars
Character Rating 5 Stars
Romance Rating 4 Stars
Heat Level 4 Stars
Overall Rating 4.5 Stars

Don't you just LOVE when you pick up a book, start to read and it's EXACTLY what your needing to read at that exact time? Well that is what happened with this book for me. I had just finished a book that was a very emotional read, started this one and smiled from page one all the way through with lots of LOL moments. This book capture my attention and never let go. The characters were very
Gina
Aug 09, 2013 Gina rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This was just what I needed after a very intense read, something light and cute. This story had enough to keep my interest and make me smile at times, but not enough that left me compelled to stay up to 3 am to finish. Just a nice sweet story that gave me the HEA I love, and a chuckle every now and then.

I like Ellie Swan, she was fun, intelligent and independent enough to know what she and to make a plan to go after it. She didn’t need all the facts, just her long time young girl fantasy in her
Lyndy Ann ♫
Jan 12, 2015 Lyndy Ann ♫ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
This is a sexy funny read Ellie wants a sex tutor so she can win the heart of her sexy Prince Charming after treating Tyler for a gun shot wound to his ass :) she makes a deal with him sex lessons and she won't report the shooting.

They begin the lessons working through chapters in Ellie's book but Tyler has his own lesson plan in mind.

Plenty of sexy times, funny LOL moments and some emotional chats as well.

First time reading Samantha Beck and I will definitely be reading more of her books in the
Lady Heather
Apr 06, 2013 Lady Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance, strong women looking for their HEA, bad-ass biker dude
Recommended to Lady Heather by: based on Karla's review
This was a wonderful debut novel for Samanthe Beck!

The writing, characters, and story were really good, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story!

I look forward to ready more work by Ms. Beck.
Susanne
May 03, 2015 Susanne rated it really liked it
Sweet 3.5 stars! Rounding up beacuse it was very enjoyable to read!
Bri

Sometimes you just get the perfect book at the perfect time after a whole pile of not-so-perfect books. And. Well. This one was it for me.

I really loved nearly everything about it. I was enamored with Tyler from the beginning. He had this...idek. This charisma. He was, maybe, the perfect hero I've ever read. He was dominant, but giving and gracious and understanding and patient. And loyal. And funny. And willing to be submissive so the heroine could have her fun. (Seriously. So. Hot.)

An
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
5 Awesome stars!

I devoured this book, and boy it was really good.

Ellie "Sparky" Swan moved back to her hometown to open her practice and to take her of her diabetic father whom she has a tenuous relationship with. Sparky wanted the hometown golden boy, Roger who just broke up with his fiancee after 10 years of being engaged. Sparky found out the reason for the break-up after she "overheard" a conversation between Roger's ex and her friend. It seems like Roger has acquired a taste for unconventi
Ingela
One of the funniest books I've read in a long time
4 giggling

# A wonderfully liberating natural and outspoken heroine, Ellie. The small city homecoming doctor.
# A former bad-boy hero, the village's sexiest man Tyler, who is still running a MC and is visible at the local pub.

“Promise to teach me how to be a wild woman in bed and I’ll leave it to some other concerned citizen to report Junior to the cops.”

Maybe he’d been shot in the head tonight too, because something was definitely wrong with hi
Jane Stewart
Apr 12, 2013 Jane Stewart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable. Fun characters. Fun story. Nicely done.

She’s a Doctor who just moved back to her home town to set up a practice. She asks local bad boy Tyler to help her become wilder in the bedroom so she can win Roger, the man of her dreams. Tyler’s clothes, motorcycle, and getting shot in a bar fight imply he’s a bad boy, but underneath he’s not.

Don’t expect a lot of hot sex. The sex scenes are romantic, and I liked them that way. Tyler is romantic.

DATA:
Narrative mode: 3rd person. Kindle count len
Pam
3.5 predictably cute stars
"You’re everything I want. You’re everything I need."

After moving back to her small home town, Ellie overhears that the man of her dreams is now officially single. The problem, he's looking for someone other than her, a nymphomaniac, apparently her dream man is has unique sexual interests. An unexpected after hours visitor seems to be the answer she is looking for, a man that she can have hands on practice with and not have to worry about attachments. Tyler is perfe
Kellie G.
Mar 31, 2013 Kellie G. rated it it was amazing
I REALLY, REALLY LOVED IT!!
Sexy & funny!! I adored the fantastic main and secondary characters. I want a sequel!!

Jaime Arkin
I find myself struggling with rating romance books it seems lately. Usually they all have the same formula and so they sometimes tend to run together. When I picked up Private Practice I was simply looking for something light and quick and a bit naughty... and that's exactly what I got. Only, I also got a story that seemed a bit different than all the others out there, with a writing style that I truly enjoyed and characters that I ended up really liking.

Dr. Ellie Swan has moved back home to th
Kathleen
Apr 01, 2013 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Fun and sexy! Recommended for a laugh! Given this is Beck's début novel, I see a great future ahead. I don't feel like writing a long review, so here's the skinny:

For making me laugh a LOT, esp. in the first half, 5 stars
For a hero I could respect and totally swoon over, 5 stars

Tyler *drool*
..."chapter 3-ing her until she couldn't see straight."
(Tyler's thoughts about Ellie's sex manual are hilarious!)

For a heroine I could respect and like, 2.75 stars (meh)
For Ty and Ellie's relationship
Saly
May 05, 2013 Saly rated it really liked it
Growing up the heroine didn't have the best life, so she fixated on a guy who she felt had the perfect family and would give her a happy ending, so when she moves back into town and hears that, that guy is finally single, she thinks to herself, this is the perfect chance but there's a problem, she overhears that the guy is sexually adventurous and she is not. So, when the hero turns up at her house in the middle of the night, she kind of blackmails him into sexually tutoring her. Of course thing ...more
Carisa
This is a debut, I read it because of my friends’ reviews and I’m glad I did. The writing and plot hooked me from the start, great dialog, fluffy fun, sexy story, and loved the hero. I will definitely read more from this author.
HERO is a Leader, a former town bad boy, from a broken home, easy going but also hard-working and responsible who now leads his own construction company. When the town’s doc asks him to teach her how to bring a man to his knees, he feels he wants more with her, and plans
Lyuda
Jan 20, 2016 Lyuda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lyuda by: Jill
Shelves: contemporary

Let me get this straight. You decide you want more action and adventure in your sex life, so first thing you do is buy a book and study up? Does that strike you as ironic?

Cute, sexy, fun, and entertaining story about a smart professional woman who has a dream-man in sight, but to make him fall in love, she thinks she need to learn to be more adventurous in bed. And who is a better teacher than the town’s bad-boy with a big incentive to help her?
And the teacher turned out to be so romantic
  • Playing the Part
  • Recipe for Satisfaction (Madewood Brothers, #1)
  • Down and Dirty (Dare Me, #2)
  • Skin in the Game (Play Action #1)
  • Chasing Mrs. Right (Come Undone, #2)
  • Against the Wall (Maverick Montana, #1)
  • Femme Fatale (Hard Bodies, #1)
  • Making It Last (Camelot, #4)
  • No Romance Required (Love Required, #3)
  • Losing Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #1)
  • Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
  • No Strings Attached (Falling for You, #1)
  • Wilde Nights in Paradise (Wilde Security, #1)
  • Game for Marriage (Game for It, #1)
  • Wicked Heat  (Feel the Heat #1)
Wine lover, sleep fanatic, and USA Today Bestselling Author of sexy contemporary romance novels, Samanthe Beck lives in Malibu, California, with her long-suffering but extremely adorable husband and their turbo-son. Throw in a furry ninja named Kitty and Bebe the trash talking Chihuahua and you get the whole, chaotic picture.

When not dreaming up fun, fan-your-cheeks sexy ways to get her characters
More about Samanthe Beck...

Private Pleasures (3 books)
  • Light Her Fire (Private Pleasures, #2)
  • Falling for the Enemy (Private Pleasures, #3)

“He’s assisting me with a personal project.”

11 likes
“Researchers could probably explain how the combination of thick black hair, riveting green eyes, and a slow, confident smile provoked some cascade of estrogen designed to fool the female mind into confusing a simple kiss with a merging of souls.” 5 likes