Start by marking “Freshman: Uncut (Ivory Towers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Freshman: Uncut (Ivory Towers, #1)

Freshman: Uncut (Ivory Towers #1)

Sparks fly between jaded film TA, Shane, and tough-acting freshman, Angel. Shane gives Angel the sex he craves, but struggles to be the man he needs.

Shane’s too old for Angel. Even if Angel weren’t a freshman in Shane’s Intro to Film class, the kid would be too closeted, too confused, too darn changeable and needy. But when Shane sees the pain lurking behind Angel’s tough
Published June 14th 2013 by Total E-Bound Publishing (first published June 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Freshman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freshman

Christina Marie
First, let me tell you how much I love flawed characters. Complex, confused, crazy as hell characters push all my happy buttons because I can relate to them. They seem real, they have substance, and they send me through a super intense ride on the emotional rollercoaster. Add that to the fact that I love Daisy Harris books because they feel like cuddling up with a favorite blanket (the characters are always loveable, and their interactions and humorous dialogue keep me grinning the entire time) ...more
Gigi
May 17, 2013 Gigi rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-college-boys
This story was quite short. The Ivory Towers series is dedicated to these two MCs, so we got a HFN. I will write a full review and firm up my rating once the series is complete. 3 stars for now.
Vivian
Jul 19, 2013 Vivian rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-contemp, fr
2.5 Stars

Trying not to come apart while coming to grips with oneself.

Awkward and angry while trying to figure out his feelings, Angel crosses paths with his Film class TA, Shane.

Shane's spotted the brooding hottie in the back of his intro class and gets a surprise when his professor points him out at the end as the new work study student. Battling a whole slew of mixed signals, Shane pushes forward and engages Angel.

Angsty, but with some trial and error Angel and Shane come to an understanding.
Amy
Jul 02, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a series about college boys, Shane and Angel. Angel is a freshman. He’s young and inexperienced and feels completely out of place at Pacific Rim University. The only reason he’s there is because he got a full-ride scholarship. He’s doing work study for his Intro to Film class, which is how he meets Shane, a grad student and the TA for the class.

The chemistry between them is amazing! Shane kind of comes off as a jerk at first, but I think it’s just because he doesn’t kn
Nic
This is the first installment of the story of Shane and Angel. Shane is pretty much a good guy who is TA for an Into to Film class. Angel is a freshman in the class and although he has a very tough exterior, Shane sees something more in him.

Angel's desire for another man does not sit easy with him. He battles his own feelings. He is frustrated, he is angry, he is confused. "Hell, he wanted Shane to force him. Angel was too hot. Too hard. Too scared, and angry. He didn't know what to so with any
Macky
3.5*

Fairly short intro into a new series. Enjoyable but I sort of wish it had been longer to get more of a feel for Shane and Angel. Will definitely follow up with the next in the series to see how the relationship between these two guys develops. Chemistry is good between them even though its early days and Angel is a complex fella! Slightly abrupt HFN ending but obviously that's to entice you into book two. Lets see what happens next....liked it.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I'm going to stop deal hunting soon, I swear!

79% price drop to $0.99 at Amazon US and ARe!! 6/14/13!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Jun 16, 2013 Mandy*reads obsessively* marked it as to-read
Shelves: m-m, ebook-owned
I'll read it when the #2 is out and someone says it's not a cliffy. :)
Don Bradshaw
Not a bad start of what may be a good series. Shane made it clear to the posturing tough guy Angel that he was gay. Like most tough guys, Angel was lonely and a little confused. The story was pretty much a dance around just what each guy wanted sexually from the other without being to open or needy. I look forward to the guys developing as individuals. I did like the forthright Steffie a lot.
Curtis
A wonderful short story from Daisy Harris who always seems to deliver something enjoyable. Shane and Angel have a very intense dynamic that really comes right off the page. The only thing I would have liked was a bit more time with the characters - since this was short their development (individually and together) seemed rushed. But I was certainly left wanting to know what happens next for them, which is always a good sign.
Nichole (Dirrty H)
Aug 02, 2013 Nichole (Dirrty H) rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, college-boys, 2013
Love college boy stories and typically like daisy Harris, so this was a no brained.
this is the first in what I assume will be a four part series about Shane and Angel.
story is decent, but not at all meaty. good way to kill two hours, I guess. I didn't fall in love with the characters, but I'll keep reading.
rameau
I wasn't expecting much when I bought this short novella, but I was hoping the characters would have some time and space to win me over between the endless sex scenes. Unfortunately that didn't happen. The ending saved the second star but the preview for the sequel didn't give me hope that realism will win at the end.
Thomaidha Papa
3.5 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Oh I loved this book, it was very engaging, grabbing you from the beginning and holding you throughout the read.

Both characters were very lovable. Angel is a freshman whose clips on Youtube earned him a scholarship. Back in his neighborhood he was always the weird kid and had always had to act tough. This new world he suddenly landed is foreign to him and he feels confused and an outcast most of the time. Add
Christi Snow
Mar 22, 2014 Christi Snow rated it really liked it
My Review:
This is the opening segment for a 4 novella series and as that, it definitely worked.

Angel is a freshman majoring in film. He earned a full scholarship based on his YouTube videos. Angel is not your typical college freshman. He comes from a very poor family and the pictures Daisy Harris drew of him made me picture a gang-banger type...really tough with an angry facade. He's also deeply in the closet...has never really even admitted to himself that he's gay, much less someone else. So
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Jun 04, 2013 Vanessa theJeepDiva rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, ebook, request, m-m, 2013
Angel is beginning his freshman year at Pacific Rim University. In more ways than he ever could have possibly imagined this really is a new beginning for him. He has left the place where he had to present himself a certain way. He has left the people that never really knew him or understood him. He is now surrounded by new people and new experiences that he doesn’t exactly know how to handle. Luckily he meets Shane his Intro to Film class TA. Shane is going to be much more of an assistant than ...more
Pjm12
Jun 15, 2013 Pjm12 rated it really liked it
The development of Angel was really nicely done. There are only hints of his backstory - just enough that we understand the depth to which he had to hide his attraction to other guys, but not enough that his history interferes with the present story - the excitement, the frisson, the spark - the uncertainty about what Shane will, what he can, deliver.

It's short, there's no doubt. But there's also lots packed in. Be warned it's all over by 85% - mind you we get chapter one of book two, and that's
Annabeth Albert
DEAL!THIS IS 99 CENTS FOR A LIMITED TIME!I was lucky enough to get to beta read this. Fans of Harris's Holsum college series will love this new series as it follows one couple through four years of college and beyond. Each of the four installments stands alone, but the progression is really fun to watch too as feelings deepen and lust gives way to deeper questions. This opening novella is among her hottest books--Shane and Angel have instant chemistry and Angel is one of my favorite virgin ...more
Jennifer (FFT Reviews)
3.5 Stars

I have really liked all of Daisy Harris's m/m romances I've read this year and this one was no exception. One of the things I enjoy the most about her work is how she concentrates on the college years and how they shape her hero's lives. This was a great start to what I think will be a fascinating look at the growth of a relationship in those (usually) four years. I like both characters and am excited to learn more about them. Plus there is just the right amount of steaminess for my tas
Nu
Dec 30, 2015 Nu rated it really liked it
A biracial brooding guy with two different coloured eyes and a dark haired p, glasses wearing rock god looking guy? What's not to love! Lol I completely loved this short story. I especially enjoyed the fact that Angel was emotionally connected from the get go, it was never just lust and I appreciated that.

Shane was trying to be reasonable and not assume things which kind of pissed Angel off and made him feel Shane wasn't that interested. They found common ground and the sparks flew.

What a nice s
Melissa Kendall
Aug 11, 2013 Melissa Kendall rated it liked it
Okay this book was not at all what I expected when I started reading it. i'd had it in my head it was a novel for some reason so you can imagine my surprise when after they finally make the start of a connection suddenly the book was finished. Yeah I wanted more wanted the whole shebang especially when I read the blurb for book two and I was like I wanted to read about them becoming a couple and was very disappointed I didn't

Not sure I'll read the second book will have to mull it over
Karla
Jun 12, 2016 Karla rated it liked it
I really like this author's writing and I'm glad I discovered her. It seems all I have time to read right now is shorter books and this one came in at 70 some pages. I enjoyed this but I wanted more from the story. I liked the characters but they weren't developed enough to rate 4 stars.
Becky
Jun 15, 2013 Becky rated it it was amazing
I loved the push and pull between Angel and Shane, each wanting the other, but both struggling to connect. This has more edge than the other Harris titles I've read. It has crackle. Can't wait for #2 to come out next month!
Neko
May 22, 2013 Neko rated it liked it
Shelves: pride-publishing
I was really liking this book, it was flowing, we were getting somewhere special and then...
THE END.

....whut? .___.

*sigh* so yes.. wish it was LONGER! ;A; but... it was ok. Still gonna read the second. :)
Kia Shiru
Aug 13, 2013 Kia Shiru rated it really liked it
Daisy does not disappoint, another great story, bit on the short side but I've got the second book already on my kindle so will start that soon. It's hot and sexy and a bit cute.
Nayski01aol.Com
Nayski01aol.Com rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Ange
Ange rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2013
Cassandra Carr
Cassandra Carr rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2013
Alec
Alec rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2013
Everly Reynolds
Everly Reynolds rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2013
Kerri Clifford
Kerri Clifford rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Good Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #4)
  • Asylum
  • Apple Polisher (Rear Entrance Video #1)
  • Welcome, Brother (College Fun and Gays #5)
  • City Mouse (Country Mouse, #2)
  • Proven Guilty (Boys in Blue, #5)
  • If It Flies (Market Garden, #3)
  • When Love Takes Over (Provincetown, #1)
  • Prize Package
  • Snow Balls (Balls to the Wall, #4)
  • Man of the Match
  • Mark Cooper versus America (Prescott College, #1)
  • One Breath One Bullet (The Borders War, #1)
  • Flawless (Irresistible Attraction, #4)
  • Dirty Laundry (Tucker Springs, #3)
  • Honor C
Retired party girl and science fiction enthusiast, Daisy Harris spends most of her time writing sexy romance and plotting the fall of Western civilization. Her books can be found on Amazon, Nook, and wherever else fine erotic romance is sold.

Ms. Harris lives in Seattle, where she tortures her husband by making it rain. She enjoys watching bridges cause traffic, watching football games cause traffi
More about Daisy Harris...

Ivory Towers (4 books)
  • Sophomore: Undeclared (Ivory Towers, #2)
  • Junior: Unscripted (Ivory Towers, #3)
  • Senior: Uncommitted (Ivory Towers, #4)