Start by marking “The Storm Bottle” as Want to Read:
The Storm Bottle

The Storm Bottle

They say that swimming with dolphins is the number one thing to do before you die.

For 12-year-old Michael, it very nearly is. A secret boat trip has gone tragically wrong, and now he lies unconscious in hospital.

But when Michael finally wakes up, he seems different. His step-sister Bibi is soon convinced that he is not who he appears to be. Meanwhile, in the ocean beyond B
Published January 30th 2013 by Pashki

To ask other readers questions about The Storm Bottle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Storm Bottle

Mysteries of the Red Coyote Inn by Lorraine CareyRaising Sleeping Stones by P.H.T. BennetThe Storm Bottle by Nick   GreenThe Founder's Curse by Danelle O'DonnellTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
MG/YA Indie Awesomeness
3rd out of 55 books — 38 voters
Stitch by Samantha DuranteSecrets of the Realm by Bev StoutThe Clay Lion by Amalie JahnSilent Treatment by Jackie WilliamsPoison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Hidden Gems of the Young Adult Genre
88th out of 513 books — 691 voters

More lists with this book...

Gwynn White
Two things attracted me to The Storm Bottle . . .

Firstly, the cover - gorgeous, isn't it? - and, secondly, I was intrigued to read a paranormal fantasy about dolphins. I mean, everything else has been done, right? I think all that's left are fleas, sea cucumbers and . . . okay, okay, you get my meaning. Dolphins are fresh and new.

I was not disappointed by Nick Green's efforts. If I were to sum up this book in a few words, I'd say: Spellbinding. Imaginative. Different. Unexpected delight. Huge f
S. Policar
May 12, 2013 S. Policar rated it it was amazing
The start of this story is a little slow, then again as soon as you begin reading you may as well be watching a movie. I honestly believe this story could be as big as A Dolphin Tale or Nim's Island.
Anyway, it's the perfect start. Girl and her younger step brother go out on a boat with an older guy that's friends (and yes JUST friends) with the girl. before they hit open sea they spot a bottlenose dolphin, which is odd considering wild dolphins don't generally go near the shore. Bibi (the Girl)
Sally
Apr 12, 2015 Sally rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story set in the Bermuda about a boy and dolphin swapping bodies.

Bibi and Michaels parents get married and Michael is forced from his life in England where he is a swimming champ and excels at school. Bibi loves her life in the Bermuda, where she has enjoys trips out to sea on her friends boat collecting old bottles that she finds washed up on the shores.

Bibi tries to show Michael how lovely life can be in the Bermuda, but he is sulky and distant. Until one day they see s
Bluejay44
Apr 21, 2014 Bluejay44 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Excellent read for all, not just for children. I laughed and I cried , such wonderful concepts of dolphins and whales and how they might perceive the human world..
Gabs
Nov 26, 2014 Gabs rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who breathes
Read more of my reviews at My Full Bookshelf Reviews

Okay, so this book? Positively amazing. Practically flawless. Simply stunning. Do you understand how much I loved this? I feel like I have to use a gif to communicate how much I adore this book:
description
This is GIF status, people. If I give any book a gif, it means it's either really terrible or unbelievably fantastic.

I was hooked on this book from the very beginning. Bibi was an awesome, easy to like main character. Michael was slightly less easy to l
Christina M Condy
So this book is very different from what I normally read. This book is DEFINITELY geared towards the younger YA, however even adults can enjoy this tale.

Each chapter is told from a different Point Of View, this makes it easy to follow along with whose head your in. I would have to say that I preferred Bibi's POV, but I didn't mind switching to Michaels head at all.

The characters are well developed and relatively believable. We have a relatively typical situation in the beginning with a newly fo
Sheenah Freitas
May 13, 2013 Sheenah Freitas rated it it was amazing
I love marine life. So when I got a request to join in a blog tour for a book that featured dolphins, I happily agreed.

I really really wish I could give this book to myself when I was twelve and read this instead of Island of the Blue Dolphins, which has nothing to do with dolphins whatsoever. Nick Green is absolutely clever. I loved how he took the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle and made sense of it using the marine life. It’s hard to put my thoughts into an actual review, but I’ll give it ago
Heidi
May 09, 2013 Heidi rated it it was amazing
I confess, I'm a big fan of animal stories and stories about the ocean. This book has many things that I enjoy reading about, the ocean, other places (Bermuda in this case), animals, and magic. Switching places is not an uncommon storyline, but I've never read one quite like this. Dolphins are an animal that I find endlessly fascinating, both beautiful and savage at the same time. There are of course stories of dolphins saving human lives, but not quite the way Rodrigo saves Michael. It was ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)

This was such an interesting book, not quite like anything I've ever read before. The whole incorporation of dolphins and sea life was just awesome. When I was little I wanted to be a marine biologist because I wanted to work with dolphins. For some reason dolphins seem to hold an attraction for most people. There is a certain draw to them and I love how this book captured that attraction and blossomed it into this amazing tale.

I loved the Bermuda setting. It's mystical and fits perfect
Saba N  Taylor
May 12, 2013 Saba N Taylor rated it it was amazing
When I first started this book, I thought, oh no, I'm not going to be able to finish this book. The first chapter or so was a bit slow. Then, it happened. Nick Green introduced me to a whole new world under the sea!

The story follows the adventure of two siblings, Michael and his step-sister, Bibi. It is told from two points of veiws, Bibi's and Michael's. I normally don't like it when a story has multiple POV's but the author did a really good job with keeping it simple and easy to follow.

On a
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)

This is a very original story. I don't think that I have ever run across anything like it before.]

Michael and Bibi are thrust into a family together by the marriage of Bibi's father and Michael's mother. They don't quite get along. They are tolerant, but both long for something different.

Their something different comes along. Michael is rescued from drowning by a dolphin, and surprise, the dolphin and Micheal trade places. They now are in different worlds than they know how to live in.
Maureen Timerman
May 15, 2013 Maureen Timerman rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Be ready for an exciting adventure, along with some sadness, depending on how you look at it.
Michael's Mother has married Bibi's father, and thus he has left England and moved to Bermuda. He is not a happy camper. When his step-sister Bibi gets him to go out on the water for a fun time, neither has any idea how their lives are going to change.
We end up traveling with a school of dolphins, and we meet bullying head on. We also are confronted with dolphins who would rather perform, and are given t
Jennifer Pittman
May 28, 2013 Jennifer Pittman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-books-read
Is it your dream to swim with dolphins? I know a few people (myself included) that would love to. I would be happy just to be able to touch one! :) In this novel it tells the tale of BiBi and Michael, both from their POVs. A boating accident has left Michael in the body of Roddy (a dolphin) and vice versa. Each character gets to learn more about themselves throughout the story. They learn about what they take for granted in life, what it’s like to lose everything that you know. How would you ...more
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
it's Freaky Friday meets Sea World. while the concept of this book is interesting, it just didn't grab me. I finished the book but it took much longer than it should have considering how fast I read. The best part was probably the last 10% of the book (not sure how many pages since it was on my ereader).

reviewing this book for StoreyBookReviews.com, was given a copy of this book for an honest review.
Kim Heimbuch
Jun 28, 2013 Kim Heimbuch rated it it was amazing
This book has great cover appeal. Dolphins, rays of light, and font, size, color, and orientation are perfect. It is simple, lends imagery to the title, and is clean, all features that I look for reviewing a book, especially if not from a Big-Box publisher....

- See more at: http://www.musingwithcrayolakym.com/3...
Inspired Kathy
Mar 21, 2013 Inspired Kathy marked it as to-read
I'm setting up a blog tour and am looking for tour hosts :)
Alison
Feb 25, 2016 Alison marked it as to-read
kindle 239 (animal)
Debra Shambrook
Debra Shambrook rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2015
Lolobull
Lolobull rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Joni L. Gerry
Joni L. Gerry rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Courtney  Featherstofly
Courtney Featherstofly rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2013
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Helen Fletcher
Helen Fletcher rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Rkb 2014
Rkb 2014 rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Mary Friedman
Mary Friedman rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2014
Ruth Casey May
Ruth Casey May rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Lady Wolf
Lady Wolf rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Pia
Pia rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
J_miller
J_miller rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2016
Heidi Pink
Heidi Pink rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Book Giveaways: $25 Amazon Gift Card giveaway 1 16 May 12, 2013 01:14AM
  • Trail of Bones
  • The Fate Of A Marlowe Girl (Marlowe Girls, #1)
  • The Tale of Mally Biddle
  • The Alchemist's Flame (The Final Formula Series, #3)
  • The Legend of Shark Island (The Book of the Delmar #1)
  • Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit (Azra's Pith, Book 1)
  • Above Rubies (Rockland Ranch, #2)
  • Moonlit (Moonlit, #1)
  • Jack Templar and the Monster Hunter Academy (The Templar Chronicles #2)
  • The Big Debate (Literary Loom, #1)
  • Corridor
  • Motherhood Matters: Joyful Reminders of the Divinity, Reality, and Rewards of Motherhood
  • Defying Mars (Saving Mars, #2)
  • The Trouble With Toads (The Secret Stepsister Society, #1)
  • Half Life (Russell's Attic #2)
  • The Buttersmiths' Gold