Start by marking “Strangers in the Night” as Want to Read:
Strangers in the Night
Preview

Strangers in the Night (When I Fall in Love)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  8 reviews
All she wants is to protect her daughter and avoid notice. But the handsome stranger with Frank Sinatra eyes threatens to change everything.

For two long years, Abbie Campbell has been on the run with her four-year-old daughter, Emma. Then she receives a visit from Jake Connors, a friend of her parents, who convinces her to join them in the beautiful town of Cold Creek, Ore
Published February 2013 by Summerside Press (first published September 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Strangers in the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strangers in the Night

Cheryl
I enjoyed Strangers in the Night by Patricia H. Rushford. The book was a great combination of romance and mystery and kept me turning the pages.

For two years, Abbie Campbell and her young daughter, Emma, have been in hiding. Then one day a handsome stranger shows up and explains that her parents have sent him to bring the two of them home. Jake Conners fulfills his mission, and Abbie and Emma are reunited with Abbie's family. Abbie's parents ask her to help them convert an old town into a retrea
Melanie
Strangers in the Night was a good read - a little predictable, but I still enjoyed it. I liked the characters and thought the romance was sweet, though I wish the ending would have had a bit more closure.

The mystery was good and, while I did end up guessing the guilty party, there were still a few surprises in the story and Strangers in the Night kept me interested.

This is the first book I've read from the "When I Fall In Love" collection, but it won't be my last, as I'm really excited to read "
Bree
Abbie decides it time to return to her home town to run an art community. After running away from her mother in law who gained custody to her daughter. She decides it is time to fight her mother in law for custody and start a new life.
Leanne K
Good Christian Cozy mystery/romance!
Tracie
Kidnapping, a mysterious disappearance, an artists' colony, a great cast of characters--Patricia Rushford's Strangers in the Night has all the elements of satisfying romantic suspense. Well developed characters drew me into the story and held my interest. Expert pacing keeps the suspense and romance will balanced. A great read for anyone who enjoys a good mystery--especially one set on the scenic Oregon coast.
Donna M. Dudor
Super. Super. Great, great read.

I couldn't put it down. There was lots of suspense and plenty of who did it thoughts. I loved it and give it 5stars.
Diana Cruz
Strangers in the Night was a great read. I love the Oregon Beach locale. Another of Pat Rushford's books that I didn't want to put down.
Lila
Full of mystery while creating pleasing characters.
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Lana Smith
Lana Smith marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Melissa Wardwell
Melissa Wardwell marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Olive Breece
Olive Breece marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Jenn Sands
Jenn Sands marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
angie seale
angie seale marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Heather Miller
Heather Miller marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Horselover16000gmail.com
Horselover16000gmail.com marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Suspense, mystery, romance ... what more could you want? 1 3 Mar 11, 2013 10:04PM
Patricia H. Rushford, a long time author and speaker, has extensive experience in writing and has authored fifty books, both fiction and non-fiction with sales of over a million copies. In addition to having a nursing degree and masters in counseling, she is also an artist and quilter.

The Jennie McGrady Mysteries for young adults have sold well over 500,000 copies. Silent Witness won the Silver An
More about Patricia H. Rushford...

When I Fall in Love (6 books)
  • Love Me Tender
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Unforgettable
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • Love Letters in the Sand
Deadly Aim Too Many Secrets (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #1) Dying to Kill (Angel Delaney Mysteries, #2) As Good as Dead Without a Trace (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #5)