Start by marking “Must-Have Husband (Summer Grooms #1)” as Want to Read:
Must-Have Husband (Summer Grooms #1)

Must-Have Husband (Summer Grooms #1)

MUST-HAVE HUSBAND
Fall for Love. Take a Chance...

A sweet comedic tale about love and taking chances. Based on a true tradition!

Book 1 of 4 in the Summer Grooms Novella Series

City girl Connie Oliver has a hard time hanging on to men, grooms in particular. Just nine weeks before her wedding, she’s seen another one slip away. To make matters worse, her ailing grandfather’s eig
Published March 1st 2013 by Winter Wedding Press (first published February 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Must-Have Husband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Must-Have Husband

Jo
Nov 10, 2016 Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 100-to-199-pages
I love contemporary romances that are full of humor and Must-Have Husband is full of humor. Connie Oliver is one lucky woman to find a hunky man like "Mac" McCormack when he falls out of a tree on top of her. This stars a fun and humorous romance with a happy ending.
Julie Barrett
Feb 28, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
MUST-HAVE HUSBAND By Ginny Baird

“Mac” McCormack is at his friend Hank's lodge and is going to do some hiking and camping. His store burned down and the insurance company says there's a clause about forest fires.
Connie Oliver is at the mountain with the girls. A girls weekend and she is then to be married. Problem is Walt has moved onto somebody new already and moved in with her.
Their grandfather raised all the girls and he wants to see this last one married wearing the hand me down wedding gow
Dora Hiers
Jan 12, 2016 Dora Hiers rated it really liked it
After her latest fiance dumped her (#3 or 4?), Connie Oliver needs a groom and a wedding to satisfy her beloved grandfather. Mac McCormack needs money to rebuild his camping store after a forest fire destroyed it. Their cute meet in the wilderness extends to Mac masquerading as her fiance in exchange for enough money to begin the rebuilding.

"Sometimes you had to make sacrifices in order to achieve your goals."

This was the first book that I've read by Ginny Baird, so I wasn't sure what to expect.
Kathie (katmom)
Nov 19, 2014 Kathie (katmom) rated it really liked it
Ms. Baird put a lot of heart in just a few pages (59 I think). This was a funny romp through the woods and on the dance floor. Connie and her sister are really not great at the outdoors stuff and they need saving. Too bad they guy they find appears to have been trying to hang himself (he wasn't). Their fear of the great outdoors was just the start of the laughs. There's a scene with THE WEDDING DRESS that had me laughing out loud!

Mac needs that down payment and it seemed like such an easy way to
Carla Cabrera
This started out great but ended in a whirlwind. I felt that Connie and Mac really liked each other and were headed in the direction of love, but I couldn't believe that they were already in love after a couple days then the books went into fast forward. First with a 6week jump then a 6 month jump. He story wasn't developed enough to support jumps in time.

This had lots of promise and with many additional pages it could have been a good read.
Ashley Shannon
Feb 09, 2016 Ashley Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet comedic tale about love and taking chances. Connie Oliver just lost another groom 9 weeks before the wedding. Her grandfather has one final wish...to see her married. Enter Mac McCormack. He owns a sporting goods store that was burned down and needed cash to rebuild. Ginny and Mac come to an agreement that will help both of their problems. I laughed and teared up while reading this, it definitely has the feels to it.
Jane
In Must Have Husband, Mac the hunk of a mountain man falls out of a tree at the feet of Connie who needs a groom. The funny adventure begins for this mismatched couple to a happily ever after ending. The story offered lots of humor with some really funny situations, a good love story and all in a family setting, not that the family was trying to help the mountain man with the sweet rich girl.
Roberta Capizzi
Sep 06, 2014 Roberta Capizzi rated it liked it
This was a fun story but not my favorite from Ginny Baird. It had some funny moments but things happened a little too fast and ended a little too soon.
It's an enjoyable, quick read if you want to chill out over the weekend or on the beach, but if you haven't read other books by this author, I would recommend starting with other books, like The Christmas Catch, My Lucky Groom or Baby Be mine, my personal favorites to date.
Anngela
Jul 03, 2016 Anngela rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. It was a very short story. Once I was able to sit and read I finished it in a few hours. It's very cute. The characters were pulled together and introduced very well. I can't wait to read more of the series.
Nancy Goldberg
Apr 09, 2013 Nancy Goldberg rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this short, funny novella. I loved the hero and heroine, as well as the secondary characters. I'm a sucker for a book where I get to laugh a lot. The cover is beautiful. I won an ARC for the book in a contest, and I'm glad I did.
Bette Hansen
Apr 02, 2015 Bette Hansen rated it liked it
This is a fun, sweet, quick read. The premise of the story is great but I felt it moved at a break neck pace so I never really felt a connection with the characters. Still it was an enjoyable afternoon read.
Anngela
Cuteness

I enjoyed how the story unfolded. It was simple and short but told to the point. Love how the ended made me tear up. Always a good book when it gives you happy tears.
Brianna
Jan 11, 2016 Brianna rated it liked it
I really liked the characters and the storyline but it felt like the story went a little too quickly and ended up rushing things along.
Casey
Jul 25, 2013 Casey rated it liked it
Nice, refreshing short story. I'll probably keep reading the series just because it was a nice book to read to clear my head. Nothing dramatic or too over the top. Just cutsey and perfect.
Sophie
Mar 07, 2013 Sophie rated it it was ok
A little bit cheesy and fairly predictable, but a sweet, light-hearted story if you're looking for a quick, short read.
Emily
May 17, 2015 Emily rated it it was amazing
'Must-Have Husband' (Summer Grooms #1) by Ginny Baird is a sweet, funny, quick read. I thoroughly enjoyed this novella. I'm looking forward to reading more of Ginny Baird's work.
Princess Thuy
Mar 13, 2016 Princess Thuy rated it liked it
Another sweet and clean romance. This story had some cute and funny moments too. I'm used to hot sexy scenes in my romance stories but this story really didn't need it.
KStar0330
Feb 16, 2014 KStar0330 rated it really liked it
Cute quirky story. Great when you want a sweet, quick little romance story to read. Funny, family traditions and full of mishaps. :)
Susan Jenkins (Tely)
Jul 26, 2016 Susan Jenkins (Tely) rated it really liked it
Cute, sweet romance. It was a short story but still well written. All the characters are introduced just enough, but not too much.
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Charlotte Caddle
Charlotte Caddle rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Nikky
Nikky rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2014
Zoe
Zoe rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Shelly
Shelly rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Wanda
Wanda rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Morgan Hough
Morgan Hough rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2013
Krissys
Krissys rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Talisha
Talisha rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Lenskukka
Lenskukka rated it it was ok
Apr 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Becoming A Lady
  • Conquest (Off-World, #3)
  • The Millionaire Tempted Fate
  • Who Wants to Marry a Billionaire?
  • A Twist of Date (Better Date than Never, #5)
  • Cupcakes & Chardonnay
  • Husband Wanted: Will Train  (Destiny Bay: Baby Dreams, #1)
  • The Case of the Missing Boyfriend
  • Here Comes The Bride
  • Lucky Charm
  • In My Arms (Philadelphia, #1)
  • Starting Over
  • The Six-Month Marriage
  • Planning for Love (Aisle Bound, #1)
  • An Almost Perfect Christmas
  • Rebound
  • Angela's Salvation
  • A Hero's Heart
NEW THIS CHRISTMAS! The start of a brand new holiday series...
The Christmas Cookie Shop (Christmas Town, Book 1)

Romance writer Ginny Baird has published novels in print and online and received screenplay options from Hollywood for her family and romantic comedy scripts. Whether writing lighthearted romantic comedy or spine-tingling romantic suspense, she delights in delivering heartwarming storie
More about Ginny Baird...

Summer Grooms (4 books)
  • My Lucky Groom (Summer Grooms #2)
  • The Wedding Wish (Summer Grooms, #3)
  • The Getaway Groom (Summer Grooms, #4)