Start by marking “The Silent Ghost (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
The Silent Ghost (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #3.5)

The Silent Ghost (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery #3.5)

A brand-new novella in the Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery series, featuring Emma Whitecastle’s daughter, Kelly—only available digitally…

Like mother, like daughter? Emma Whitecastle’s daughter Kelly just wants to live a normal life and pursue her studies at Harvard. But that’s not so easy when your mother is a famous medium who hosts a TV show on paranormal activity and wh
ebook
Published March 5th 2013 by Berkley Prime Crime

To ask other readers questions about The Silent Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silent Ghost

❂ Jennifer
Excellent! The best between-the-books novella I've yet read! If you're a fan of Ms. Jaffarian's Granny Apple series, I can't recommend this enough.

This novella stars Emma's daughter, Kelly, while she's at school in Boston and centers around a ghost haunting her new friend, Tanisha. The ghost doesn't/can't communicate so a good deal of the story centers around trying to figure out who she is and what she needs/wants. As much as I love the Ghost of Granny Apple series as-is, I think I'd love the s
Carolyn Schmidt
Dec 03, 2016 Carolyn Schmidt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

This is a nice addition to the Granny Apples series, with daughter Kelly as the main character. Interesting and entertaining. I would love to read more!
Heidi (Yup. Still here.)
Cute short story
Deb
Jun 23, 2014 Deb rated it it was amazing
The Silent Ghost A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery Novella by Sue Ann Jaffarian is another fun read in the Granny Apples Series. I love Granny Apples and this Novella is no exception.

This time Kelly Whitecastle, Emma's daughter, with the help of the ghost of her ancestor Granny has to help a girl, Tanisha, who is being bothered by a ghost. Kelly is off to college and since finding out that Kelly can see and hear ghosts her and Granny Apples spend time together. Granny and Kelly meet up with a Ta
Sandy
This was a fun and fast paranormal mystery - I really enjoyed it. Tanisha Costello is a reporter who is having a problem - she has a ghost in her loft! While at the local coffee shop, she sees a young woman who also has a ghost near her, and finding out more, learns she's Emma Whitecastle, daughter of paranormal expert Emma Whitecastle. Tanisha tries to get Kelly to help her, but Kelly is very reluctant to get involved - but Granny Apples (her ghost) convinces her to help. Although very short, ...more
Jovdb
Jul 06, 2016 Jovdb rated it liked it
My first Sue Ann book so I don't know any of the characters.

Kelly is the daughter of Emma, a well known medium. Apparently Kelly has inherited the family gift.

She and Granny Apple, a ghost who is related to Kelly from way back, are approached by T, a young reporter who is being haunted by a ghost. This haunting is making T ill.

Kelly is reluctant to help as she is just developing her gift and isn't sure if T is maybe using this as an excuse to get a story on the famous Emma's daughter.

While visit
Mark Baker
Apr 13, 2013 Mark Baker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, middle-grade
This fun between the books e-novella focuses on Kelly, the daughter of the main character. She's just beginning to develop her gift of seeing and speaking to ghosts, but she gets involved in a mystery when a woman approaches her and asks if Kelly can figure out if the woman's condo is haunted. Will Kelly solve the mystery? I found it fun to see a minor character from the series take a larger role in this book, and Granny is a hoot as always. I just wish it had been longer.

My full review at Carst
Linda
Apr 13, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable novella by Sue Jaffarian in her Granny Apples series. This book features Kelly Whitecastle, the daughter of Emma Whitecastle, the usual series heroine. I like Emma as the main character better but this was an interesting look into Kelly's life away at college in Boston.

Kelly had recently discovered that she too has the gift of interaction with ghosts when Tanisha, a new friend, comes to her for help because she feels that she is being haunted. This book would have been bett
Ian
Dec 05, 2014 Ian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy
Thank you Sue Ann Jaffarian....another Granny Apple's page turner all the way!
I only started reading the novella while eating dinner, and couldn't stop...bang goes the ironing for another night! lol
Sue Ross
Mar 07, 2013 Sue Ross rated it it was amazing
The Silent Ghost was a quick and easy read. The main character, Kelly, along with Granny Apple help a reporter who is being haunted by a ghost. What happens next?? You'll have to read it for yourself. I love the Granny Apple series and this was a little tease until the next book comes out.
Jane Irish Nelson
Dec 29, 2015 Jane Irish Nelson rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, contemporary
Novella in the Granny Apples series. Kelly is very surprised to be approached by another young woman who desperately wants help dealing with a ghost haunting her condo. Although the story is quite good, the ending seemed rushed.
ReadsinBed
Mar 24, 2013 ReadsinBed rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable novella for Jaffarian fans... Sort of a spin-off of the fun Granny Apples series. I hope we see more of Kelly and Tanisha in the series in the future!
Monica
Nov 16, 2015 Monica rated it it was amazing
I had never read an online book before and was pleasantly surprised that it was a quick read. Fun story. Nice to see a story from Kelly's point of view.
Kai
Sep 21, 2013 Kai rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries, ebook
Way too short. This could have been flushed out to a full novel. I like that the ghost talker gene is being passed down through the family. I enjoyed the read!
Degeorgetown
Feb 19, 2015 Degeorgetown rated it liked it
A fun novella starring Emma's daughter. It was an interesting story but ended a little abruptly so it felt unfinished.
alice Tileston
Oct 04, 2015 alice Tileston rated it it was amazing
Sue Ann does it yet again! don't miss reading any of her books. the're fun, fast, and totally delightful!
Mary Banik
Jan 29, 2016 Mary Banik rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ghosties

I love all of the Granny Apples books. The novellas were both good too. In this one Kelly makes a friend with gifts of her own. A nice short read for a lazy afternoon.
Gail
Jan 02, 2016 Gail added it
Short stories or novellas are not my favorites. This gets Emma's daughter Kelly into the family business.
Elzora Porter
Elzora Porter rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Dynah
Dynah rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2013
Lindsey Marcum Franks
Lindsey Marcum Franks rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
Rosemary
Rosemary rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Rachel Kramer Bussel
Rachel Kramer Bussel rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2013
Patricia Power
Patricia Power rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Ronda
Ronda rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Dotty
Dotty rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Cathy
Cathy rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2014
Tara Thomas
Tara Thomas rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • A Wild Ghost Chase (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #3.5)
  • Definitely, Maybe (Lucy Valentine, #3.5)
  • A Haunting Is Brewing (Witchcraft Mystery #6.5; Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #4.5)
  • Charmed: A Sugar Maple short story (Sugar Maple, #3.5)
  • Tulle Death Do Us Part (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #6)
  • A Killing Notion (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery, #5)
  • A Haunting Dream (A Missing Pieces Mystery #4)
  • December Dread
  • Stay At Home Dead (Stay At Home Dad Mystery #1)
  • Across The River Of Yesterday
  • Bewitched, Bothered, and Biscotti (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #2)
  • The Harvest (Signs of the Zodiac, #1.5)
  • The Skeleton Takes a Bow (Family Skeleton Mystery #2)
  • Laced with Poison (Sweet Nothings, #2)
  • If Fried Chicken Could Fly (Gram’s Country Cooking School Mystery #1)
  • Fairy Tales from the German Forests
  • Bonnie of Evidence (Passport to Peril, #8)
Sue Ann Jaffarian is the author of the popular Odelia Grey mystery series, the Ghost of Granny Apples mystery series and the Madison Rose vampire mysteries, as well as short stories.

Sue Ann also writes the Winnie Wilde romance novellas.

Like the character Odelia Grey, Sue Ann Jaffarian is a middle-aged, plus-sized paralegal. She lives in Los Angeles.

In addition to writing, Sue Ann is sought after a
More about Sue Ann Jaffarian...

A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery (6 books)
  • Ghost a la Mode (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #1)
  • Ghost in the Polka Dot Bikini (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #2)
  • Gem of a Ghost (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #3)
  • Ghost of a Gamble (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #4)
  • Ghost in the Guacamole (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #5)
  • The Ghosts of Misty Hollow: A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery