Start by marking “Losing Francesca” as Want to Read:
Losing Francesca

Losing Francesca

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  487 Ratings  ·  105 Reviews
No one has to tell Brody Mason what heartbreak feels like. No one needs to explain loss, desperation, or sorrow to him. Because that’s all he’s lived with for the past twelve years after his best friend went on vacation to Italy, and never came home.

No one needs to tell the Sullivan family what a miracle feels like. No one needs to explain the elation of hearing that the l
Published July 1st 2013 by Science Future Press (first published June 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Losing Francesca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losing Francesca

Christy
Feb 06, 2015 Christy rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo 6d592e14-c9de-4ff5-85f6-ca09916f8b2c_zps4fddabfb.jpg

This book has been sitting on my kindle unread for way too long. I’m glad I finally made time to read it. I loved the characters, the mystery and the original storyline.

This is a story about a girl named Francesca. Or is it Fiona? I will just call her ‘Fee’. Fee is at an American airport, ready to start her new life. She’s ready for college. She never imagined she would be held by the government. They say their facial recognition software says she is someone else. That she is not Franc
Beverly
Feb 09, 2015 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: alternating-pov
Losing Francesca is a unique story about a girl who enters the United States on vacation only to learn she matches the identity of a missing person, Fiona Sullivan. I wasn’t sure what to think when I started this one, but I was very intrigued on so many levels.

First we know that Francesca is hiding something, she is so cryptic in her conversations and even her inner dialogue. Regardless of whether or not she is the missing girl she is sent to live with the Sullivan family. The Sullivan’s are a
seton
Jul 01, 2013 seton rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No One
A laughably bad novel, with simplistic, amateurish writing and cartoonish characterizations. Everything is told, not shown. The author has a few books under her belt so I wasn't expecting anything this dire.

The story is as believable as the Hero's declarations of love. Examples:

Page 34 - Because Fiona Sullivan is my soulmate. I knew it from the first time we played together. . . . . I remember looking at her when she was four years old and I was six, thinking to myself, I love that girl. That i
Heather
Jul 02, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
AMAZING!! This one ranks right up there with Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay. There was so much mystery and emotion and Brody is just...well, right now I have no words.

After reading Tragic by J.A. Huss I checked out her website and read about this book and set my calendar for the release date. I am so glad I did. I have to say, Huss is quickly becoming a favorite author!

One last thing...I am all about steam in a romance novel, but I love that Huss was able to invoke steam with just a first k
Michelle
Being detained and questioned wasn’t what Francesca expected when she arrived in America. Sure the passport she was using was a fake, along with the others hidden away in her luggage; but that was normal. It’s how she was raised, how her father had kept her safe. Except for now. When she learns that she matches the description of a girl that went missing twelve years ago she is forced to be reunited with the family that claims she is their Fiona. But it isn’t until she meets a man that was so br ...more
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
A Young Adult read about discovering who you are, the future, love, identity and family

Francesca Sabatini gets off her plane, ready to explore America for a few months until she starts College, only to be dragged away from her dreams by the FBI. Her face has been recognized by TSA scanners and they believe she is Fiona Sullivan, the girl who went missing twelve years ago.

Fiona's adoptive family were The Sullivans, their hearts were broken 12 years ago, when Fiona and her adoptive mother went m
Jennifer Shiels
Jun 28, 2013 Jennifer Shiels rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic book. This is the story of a high school graduate that flies in from supposedly Italy into the United States. A scan of her face comes up that she is Fiona Sullivan who disappeared 12 years ago on a family vacation in Italy. She was adopted when she was a baby to the Sullivan's. She states she is Francesca but when they caught her at the airport she had several different identification on her. She also failed several polygraph tests. She had to spend 2 months in holding by t ...more
Alexia Purdy
A 'you must drop everything and read this' kind of story. Luckily, I got to read an advance copy of Losing Francesca. One of the best stories I’ve read this year! It was so amazing, I read it in one night, a rare thing for me.

I love how JA Huss writes, it’s like emotions painted out with entrancing and flowing colors. This story was no exception. The blurb tells you what you need to know about the book and I have to say, every time I read this author’s work, it’s the definition of a mind bend.
✿kawehi.reviews
Feb 06, 2015 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bump-up
OMG. So touching!!
Lola
I got a copy for review in exchange for an honest review

I really enjoyed Tragic by JA Huss, so when I heard about Losing Francesca I knew I wanted to be part of that blog tour and read it. I didn't expect it to be this good.

Losing Francesca started of a bit slow for me and I got annoyed at all the italian sentences that where trown around without translation. I wanted to understand what she was saying. After this slow start the story really came alive for me. If you are expecting a book like Tra
Bella
May 29, 2014 Bella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
JA Huss's Rook & Ronin Series (plus spin off's) are some of my favorite books to read. I bought Losing Francesca when it was on sale for 99 cents once upon a time - and it sat on my kindle.

What the hell was I thinking??? I'm not sure why it got bumped from the top of my list, but I'm so glad I remembered I had it.

This was a FANTASTIC read. I was sucked in from the beginning and couldn't put the book down all day.

It is very different from the Rook & Ronin series - let me warn you. Ther
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Losing Francesca is am AMAZING .... CAPTIVATING .... INTRIGUING .... HEARTFELT .... MUST READ STORY!

Holy Fiona..... is what first pops into my mind. After reading J.A. other book Manic this book took me by surprise. I mean it was so realistic it was like she ripped it from the front pages of the news. I kept thinking Lord this could be a real story this is a real life story. This is how it all begins....

Imagine you are going to America to take in the sights. Your small island in Italy is nothing
Kelly
Jul 22, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Holy just wow. Wow. Full review to come once I dry my eyes and screw my head back on straight.

****
Updated 7/22 with full review:

In the first few chapters, I was a bit confused, and things seemed sort of contradictory. Later, I realized that was because Francesca had a big secret, and all the little confusing bits wrap up together into a nice, neat, jaw-dropping, tear inducing, cliffhanger free package by the end of this amazing book.

I thought Francesca was a bit of a brat at first, and I started
Tara West
Dec 12, 2013 Tara West rated it it was amazing
I didn't think any book boyfriend could outdo JA Huss's Ronin, but Brody Mason has done it. Wow. This is one book that will stay with me for a long, long time. I had finished the last Rook and Ronin book and was looking to read another JA Huss story. Though this one was not as steamy as her other books, it definitely delivered on a more emotional level, as both Francesa and Brody are dealing with a complex and beautifully tragic, love story. I think everyone should read this. I dare you not to f ...more
Kimberly
Jun 17, 2013 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
This. Was. Great!!!!! It was amazing! I loved it!
Full review to come soon.
Rachel
Jul 16, 2013 Rachel rated it liked it

I would definitely recommend diving into Losing Francesca.

Swimming through Losing Francesca by J.A. Huss I encountered a beautiful story that explored losing and gaining, arguments and love.

Losing Francesca is a satisfying story of one girl’s search for her identity. Her identity is broad. Is she beloved daughter of a mysterious malignant man or a foster daughter of a horse loving man?

When I backstroked through this story, I used my master swimming skills and discovered the basic truth. The gran
Samantha Martin
Jul 22, 2013 Samantha Martin rated it it was amazing
Losing Francesca is a touching tale of a young women who is torn between two family’s, two ways of life, and two identities. Francesca is taken into custody when she arrives at an American airport because she is matched up with an artists rendering of a six year old Fiona Sullivan who was kidnapped. When the authorities take her to the Sullivan family to live until she turns eighteen, Francesca is furious and outraged. She really is a spoiled brat in the beginning of this story, but she earns th ...more
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Source: eARC for Honest Review from Author

So again this book had loads of potential but felt like some areas for forced but not enough to deter me as I was waiting to find out the whole way through. Is she or isn't she?

Great concept and Brody and his undying love is great.

For Francesca she is caught in a lie that she didn't even know that she was a part of.

For Brody and the Sullivan's they knew the truth the minute they met her but 12 years and being fed lies can screw with a person especially w
Alaina-Jeneesbookblog
Jul 11, 2013 Alaina-Jeneesbookblog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
4.5 stars!!!

“I'm being held prisoner by the American government all because my face matched a progressive artistic rendering when I passed through security at the airport in LA. I am the daughter of someone, but it isn't Frank Sullivan. I'm sorry his daughter was stolen or killed, or whatever it was that happened to her, but I am not her.”

Once Francesca Sabatini arrives in the USA she's immediately taken into custody and face matched to a six year old little girl that was kidnapped years ago. A
Michelle Leigh
Sep 23, 2015 Michelle Leigh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I'm giving Losing Francesca 5 stars because I loved it!

I understand this is an earlier work for J.A. Huss, but those who might overlook it because of that need to rethink things. Losing Francesca has everything that is J.A. Huss in it. Her writing style. Her talent to lead her readers by the nose to where she wants them to be. The "What the heck!" moments. They're here.

J.A. Huss has given us characters with depth and feelings. I got hooked, and then I followed every single breadcrumb that J. A.
Tiffany Readz
Apr 11, 2014 Tiffany Readz rated it it was amazing
First off I am a huge fan of JA Huss and her Rook and Ronin series. Through her Facebook group I became familiar with this other book she wrote that isn't getting the attention it deserves. Losing Francesca is a straight out long lost love story. There isn't gratuitous sex on every other page, there aren't any tattooed MMA fighters or bikers either. What there is, is a story of a boy who after wishing for twelve long years, finally gets his girl back and the mess of problems she came home with.

F
Lilly
Sep 14, 2015 Lilly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one. It was cute and sappy and it made me tear up a bit because Brody was just so sweet.
Tomoe-Aurelia
Sep 09, 2013 Tomoe-Aurelia rated it it was ok
The ending was not believable at all, the characters weren't developped enough but I was not really disappointed because I didn't expect much from the book.
Well, it was not a book for me I guess ...
Sandra Stroh
Jun 18, 2014 Sandra Stroh rated it it was amazing
“If these kidnappers want to talk to me, they will do so in Italian or they will get rudeness in return. And even if they do speak to me in Italian, I’ll still be rude because I am unhappy, and as long as I’m unhappy, I’m going to make sure everyone around me is unhappy too.”

“ Please, kiss me.” Francesca asks Brody over and over again. Brody traces the outline of her lips with his thumb, but he reminds her, he wants her first kiss to be perfect. That doesn’t stop her chest from rising a little q
Tonya
Mar 16, 2016 Tonya rated it it was amazing
This is yet another great read by J.A. Huss. There are no ties to her other books and the characters in this one. I really loved reading about Francesca. This book is filled with mysteries. I was wondering what was really going on for just about the entire time. Francesca has no clue who she really is. She has all of these different identities. But which one is the real one?

She does find out at the end who she is though.

I love Brody and Sean also!

I don't want to say anything more, because I'm
Erin
Jul 11, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
This book kept me guessing, the love in the story was so sweet and innocent, so real. I highly recommend this book.
Michele
Feb 22, 2015 Michele rated it really liked it
Great book about finding your true self and what makes you happy. The twists and secrets in this book are great, but that's one reason I love J A Huss so much. Just when you think you know what's going on and who Fee really is, a twist throws you for a complete loop. I really loved the Sullivan's and want Frank to adopt me. Their sense of family was so very strong and loving. They were exactly what Fee needed along with Brody. My heart broke for him when he explained how he would look for Fiona ...more
Emmilee Throckmorton
Mar 16, 2016 Emmilee Throckmorton rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
I am probably being generous giving this story three stars because the writing was not the best; however, I really liked the original concept of the story. I will say that I found the ending to be incredibly rushed and it seemed like the author was trying WAY too hard to wrap everything up in a nice pretty bow, but I still feel like it had a very interesting premise at it's core. Fans of the television show Blindspot will appreciate parts of this story, but yet again, the poor writing severely d ...more
Jeannine
Feb 19, 2016 Jeannine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great story! It was sweet and I absolutely loved Brody. He has loved Fiona since she was baby, and knew she would be his soul mate. The story kept me on my toes and I couldn't wait to see how it was going to all unfold. I kept chanting in my head, who are you? You are or are you not Fiona? ? I loved that she took pictures of her feet in her many travels and had a blog about it, so clever. I swear, half the time Brody was talking about his love for Fee, I'm all awwwwwwww!!!!

"This girl is
  • If I Had My Way
  • Jinnie Wishmaker
  • BORN IN SIN (Dacian Legends, #2)
  • Please Don't Remove Margreat's Glasses!
  • Working it Out
  • Ladd Springs (Ladd Springs #1)
  • My Own Mr. Darcy
  • Reflection (Whitney Steel, #1)
  • A Wicked Kind of Dark (The Minaea Chronicles)
  • Midnight Masquerade
  • Down by the Water
  • King of Bad (Super Villain Academy , #1)
  • First Bite (Darkwood Manor, #1)
  • Blucy: The Blue Cat
  • Daughter of Isis  (Descendants of Isis #1)
  • Before (Betwixt, #0.5)
  • Wings of Shadow (Underground, #1)
  • The Waiting Booth (Whispering Woods, #1)
Find me here: http://www.newadultaddiction.com/

If you like my books and want to help support my new releases, please sign up to share a post on Facebook or Twitter here .

JA Huss is the author of the Amazon bestselling Rook and Ronin series, the epic science fiction I Am Just Junco series, and hundreds of kid-friendly science books in subjects such as biology, physics, anatomy and physiology, astr
More about J.A. Huss...