Start by marking “The Magpie Bridge (I am Just Junco, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
The Magpie Bridge (I am Just Junco, #4.5)

The Magpie Bridge (I am Just Junco #4.5)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Alternative Cover for ISBN-13: 9781936413195

Sometimes what you want
Doesn’t matter,
Sometimes you just
Gotta finish what you started.
Sometimes this really
Fucking sucks.

But other times
You need to take a breath
And sit on the beach.

A long, deep, breath
To remind you of why
You signed on for this shit
In the first place.

This is my breath.

~ Tier
Published April 1st 2013 (first published March 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Magpie Bridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magpie Bridge

Leah
Coming off from reading Range (#4), I don't know, but I felt better after I read The Magpie Bridge. I guess it's because it isn't as tumultuous as Range and the underlying emotion in this novella is more of hope than anything else. The novella is also a nice break from Junco's perspective. This time it's from Tier's perspective and we get to see his side of the story and how he figures in all of it.

Like all the books in the series, The Magpie Bridge was an easy read. For me it's not as action-pa
Christi Snow
My Review:

OMG, I loved this novella. This cleared up so much of my confusion about what exactly was happening in Range. This book is told entirely from Tier's POV....YES!! Finally, we get to see some of what is going on in Tier's mind, especially after book #4 where there is some doubt cast as to whether he is really a good guy or not. In this book, there is no doubt that Tier loves Junco. YES!

Also, Junco spends so much of the series confused and not knowing who to trust. She's constantly questi
June Luu
I'm sorry, but I cannot hold it in anymore.

FUCKKKKKKK!!! I FUCKING CRIED SO FUCKING HARD, THE TEARS ARE STILL DRIPPING DOWN MY FACE!!

Review to come soon along with RANGE once I've calm down.

EDIT:
The original review is posted on Future Suns

After reading Range and after screaming 'F*ckkk' in my room (excuse me for my poor language), I went straight to reading The Magpie Bridge.

What surprised me the most though, was the fact that Tier wasn't even worried about what's happening to Junco in the Dje
Veronica Laroche
I was so excited to read from Tier's point of you. I loved to know exactly what has going thru is head in regarding Junco. I love the interaction with him and house and was cracking up laughing.. I can't wait to read the next and last book in this series
Di - -Twisted Sisters Book Reviews-
4.5 HOUSE STARS!!

"And I would sell my soul, I would give up my promised eternal salvation, if I could just get one more chance to make it right for them"

A little bit of Tier went along way. I feel better knowing what Tier's true feeling are, but it doesn't change my feelings for Lucian. UGH I'm so torn. I just want Junco to finally get PEACE! I still don't know who's the bad guy or who's the good guy. At this point it's irrelevant, because I've grown attachments to so many of the characters, so
Isis
In this short novella we get to learn more about the final plan that is in place to protect the Earth, humans & Avians alike, from the High Order. And interestingly enough things are made much clearer on the grand scale, things previously hinted at are now suddenly referenced with a fairly heavy hand - up to and including dangling a possible answer to the eternal religious question about the existence of a single god.

This book definitely clears up more relationship questions from the individ
Brandee Price
*sigh* I love Tier! ;)

I must point out the irony of Tier being someone who told Junco she had trouble seeing the obvious when he has the same issue. :) Of course, I had trouble seeing clearly as well... This entire series is one of details. I adore this in books - love looking for all the details, having to really think - so I've been constantly bookmarking and highlighting while reading Junco's story. But I have to admit that I missed some things. :)

Ms. Huss definitely packed a lot into this li
Audrey
Holding my breath ....... This is an interesting in between narrative, and a little enlightening, though it has left me with more questions.

As I have stated in previous reviews, this is an amazing tale and I am looking forward to how it all gets resolved.
Vicki Blood
A very quick read that sorted out so many things. I really enjoyed reading from Tier's point of view. So many things make more sense. This book was written to clarify so many underlying stories.
Sunny
Well, thank god for this little volume. The last book (Junco 4) is such a downer that this comes a welcome relief.
Pam
Broke my freaking heart...
Amber Addicted Souls Book Blog
I'm a mess. I swoon. I cry. I'm a mess.
Michele
I liked the rest of the series better, but this was still good.
LeeAnna
That was so so sooo good. I love tier! I can't wait for December!!! I wish it was being released sooner!!! Anyone reading this series should definitely read this book!!
Sassapphras
So great to read something from Tier's POV. It was nice to see that there actually is someone out there who genuinely loves Junco.
Candace (Lovey Dovey Books)
Just what I needed after reading Range! Review coming soon
Michael F. Wong
Michael F. Wong marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Divina
Divina added it
Mar 16, 2015
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Maria Howard
Maria Howard marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Rachel Wilson
Rachel Wilson marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Jennifer Figueroa
Jennifer Figueroa marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
  • Edge of Truth
  • The 100 Society
  • Clouds in My Coffee (Limbo, #2)
  • All She Wants (Annika & Stuart, #1)
  • Bitter Angel
  • The Fire Prince (The Cursed Kingdoms, #2)
  • Black Ice (Midgard, #2)
  • Becoming Bryn
  • The Legacy of Gird Omnibus
  • Untitled (The Story of Us, #3)
  • Incubus (Daughters of Lilith, #2)
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence, #3)
  • The Gateway Through Which They Came
  • Echo the Stars: Brayden (Echo the Stars, #1)
  • Dark Wings (The Never Dark, #1)
  • Temperature: Bitter Cold (Temperature, #2)
  • Glistening Haven
  • Unless
Find me here: http://www.newadultaddiction.com/

If you like my books and want to help support my new releases, please sign up to share a post on Facebook or Twitter here .

JA Huss is the author of the Amazon bestselling Rook and Ronin series, the epic science fiction I Am Just Junco series, and hundreds of kid-friendly science books in subjects such as biology, physics, anatomy and physiology, astr
More about J.A. Huss...

I am Just Junco (5 books)
  • Clutch (I am Just Junco, #1)
  • Fledge (I am Just Junco, #2)
  • Flight (I am Just Junco, #3)
  • Range (I am Just Junco, #4)
  • Return (I am Just Junco, #5)
Tragic (Rook and Ronin, #1) Manic (Rook and Ronin, #2) Three, Two, One (321) Panic (Rook and Ronin, #3) Taut: The Ford Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff)

“You have very little faith in her, Raubtier. I find it quite disturbing.” 0 likes