Start by marking “Our Second Chance (The Chances Are Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Our Second Chance (The Chances Are Series #1)

Our Second Chance (Chances Are #1)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  396 ratings  ·  61 reviews
Our Second Chance by Author C.D. Taylor is a tale of forgiveness, redemption, and love. It demonstrates how the power of healing can strengthen the bond between family, friends, and lovers.
Emily Mills lives a life of opulence and luxury in Los Angeles but can’t shake the feeling that there is something more out there for her. It isn’t the picture perfect life her social c
Published February 16th 2013 by Booktrope (first published February 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Our Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Second Chance

C.D. Taylor
Jul 14, 2014 C.D. Taylor added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I have it on good authority that this book was rewritten and edited making it sooooo much better than it was before. If you've read it already I urge you to give it a second chance, you will be surprised at the changes this book went through. :-)
Charleen
NOTE: the spoilers in this review are like the mild sauce at a Taco Bell.

If you don't like honesty and tearing books apart from the inside, I wouldn't advise you to continue reading this review. While somehow getting through this book, I ended up with 3 front and back pages of notes to point out and/or discuss and they reek of negativity towards this novel. Shall we begin?

For those of you who I had previously advised to not continue reading and are being rebels, I'll even throw in the only good
Anne Ruwe
I liked the story line and the characters, but like many of the others, I thought it was rushed. I can read through the grammatical errors, thats not a big deal to me. Out of all 3 books this one was the best. Pretty good for a freebie.
Diane
This story was way too rushed.
Not a bad read, but not great either.
Characters lacked substance and the authors use of the phrases "his member" and "her sex"
was lame. My least favorite read of the year to date :(
Aly
I received a copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

First things first, woo is this book hot. Believe me when I say it will set you on fire.

Emily's emotions were so real, all the regrets and wistfulness, the what ifs. Throughout the book I could really get into her head and feel her emotions. They just felt so real and I was enjoying it so so much.

Then there was the romance between the two. It was just sweet and sigh worthy. I feel as if Emily was almost me when she was single and i
Elle
Come back to me by C.D. Taylor.

In C.D. Taylor's stand alone book and the beginning of the Come Back to Me series, two friends who haven't seen each other since college realize that somewhere along the way they had feelings for each other but missed their chance. In the heart wrenching story of abuse and wanting to find the happily ever after, can they find each other in the world again.

Jake Bradford, a Texas raised cowboy with his own law firm lives in NewYork City. He is a. Bachelor who never
Amanda Lewis
A well written story about the one that got away. Who of us haven't had that one person in our lives that if we had the opportunity we'd love to give it a second go? The story has likeable characters, even if Emily is a tiny bit whiny at the beginning. The humor and relationship between her and Jake will keep you coming back for more until you've gobbled the whole book up.

Tasteful and provocative at the same time, author C.D. Taylor has just the right mix of story and romance. If you are looking
Dawn-Ann
ugh, i hate to be mean and say negative things, because I know it's not easy to wrote something and put yourself out there. But really this book was not so great. It really had potential, but just didn't do it for me. I finished it, so it wasn't terrible, but I think if I had read this book first I wouldn't have read the other books in the series.
I liked the characters! But it just took so long to get into it. I mean I was on page 115 and they still hadn't "met" yet. The book is only 353 pages o
Kimberlee Milliron
I read this amazing book July 2014, and loved it. I could not put it down and when it was done it left me wanting more. I was pulled into the story and held my breath waiting for the next shoe to drop on each of the characters. I was thankful for the writer to not try to babble about the little stuff around the characters and getting to the real story. I don't need a writer to explain how "each blade of grass was waving in the wind back and forth". I have my own visual of each book I read. I jus ...more
Cynthia
At first I almost put this book down, I thought oH NO not another sex book. Then we find out it is a dream and the story starts.

I liked this book, I agree at times the story was a little rushed, but I enjoyed it. This book is about to best friends who lost touch but really had feelings for the other. Neither knew and when they found could it be to late? Two people from different tracks in life can they find the track for love to start and maybe last?

I found a little of everything in this book,
Debbie Seals
Couldn't put it down! Emily and Jake are meant to be together. They just keep running into one another. And everytime life and their own stubbornness gets in the way. But for their short times together,WOW! Talk about hot romances! They've got it! The only problem with the book is it ended before I was ready to quit reading. I can't wait for the next book in the series.Our Second Chance
Nancy
Brilliantly written and extremely engaging story. Author grabs you and doesn't let to. You become part of Emily's life and feel her motions throughout the story. Can't wait to read more.
Tiffany Schultz
I really enjoyed this book. I was able to find myself fulfilling the role of Emily. I felt her emotions and cried when she cried and was happy when she was happy. The book was easy to read and had a nice flow to it. I was able to read the book within a few sittings when my kiddos allowed it. I will have to say the book was fabulous and I cannot wait for the sequel!
Trixie
Not too much to say about this book (and series). I totally enjoyed it. The first couple of paragraphs had me hooked with the steamy hot, melt your panties sexiness of it. I was not expecting much of a story line, but there was some included, brief as it may have been. And I was very much in the mood for short and sweet. It has a happy ending, therefore covered all my reading for pleasure checklist. I would recommend this book (and the whole series) to anyone who is in need of escape to a steamy ...more
Marisa
This is not a full review - I did not finish this book. I gave up because within the first chapter (I read two) I was already irritated with the main character. I fully understand that it could have significantly improved after I gave up, but I couldn't go on.

1. There was excessive sobbing involved.
2. She referenced being beaten by a fiance, but her parents didn't care.
3. She was given everything from mom and dad, but was resentful for them (but she hadn't done anything previously?).
4. She was s
Amy
A wonderful story about finding the one that got away. Throughout the book you want to smack both characters at times just to get them to wake up and figure out how much they love each other. Love the self assessments that Emily goes through. The sex scenes are tasteful and steamy. The book is written very well.
Kara Acre
I really enjoyed this book! It isn't your classic love story, but it isn't your classic erotica either. This book does, however, have a great blend of both!
Jennifer Polys fowler
*warning* for mature reader.
jake and emily were best friends in collage and did and shared everything with eachother except for their feeling for eachother. now older the meet again and jake tries to protect her from her past and current male attentions without her knowledge and like all secrets it backfired putting her in more danger. love conquers all though right? read and find out.
Dawn Strickland
I am not into erotica too much, but this was a really good book! It was not as intense as some other erotica books I have read which made you able to connect with the characters on a deeper level. I could not put my book down! Seriously, I read it straight through! Cannot wait to see what happens in the next book!!
Shannon
2.5 Stars
The story could have been much better. It took too long to get to the main story line, grammatical errors, and repetitive thoughts throughout the story. By the time the ending came it was too rushed. This story had so much promise...The saving grace was the intense sex scenes.
Kesha  Ledford
Our Second Chance is an awesome book. this book grabs you from the very begging and keeps you hooked right to the end. I couldn't put it down. I can't wait for the next book in the series.
Lori Norton
Intelligent and descriptive writing immerses the reader into pure lascivious erotica.
Natalie50208
3.5 stars - Super quick read, liked the story line but felt like it moved too quick (could have used a little more character development). Will definitely be continuing the series though.
Julie Lavalle
I really liked this book read it in a day. Yes there were some errors and yes the characters could have used some more depth but all in all it was a good read.
Alicia Hall
Enjoyed it although I felt like it took forever to get to the point an then the point was rushed through. Hopefully the next 2 books explain more.
Lisa
I liked this first installment. .I actually finished it days ago and the second book as well but had no internet to update
Amber
Apr 26, 2013 Amber rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
This was a good little story line.... Things went pretty fast, but it was a good read.... Moving on to the next one
Matu Nila
I liked it. Hot and steamy.
But the few last chapters? Seriously? It had such a good start and then.. I want more!
Michelle Rodriguez
Absolutely loved this book. Definitely a good read. Good story line and characters. Looking forward to book 2
Candie
Love it!! Have read the whole series and they are great! Can't wait for more from this author!!
  • An Unfinished Death (Jane Perry)
  • Not Pretty Enough (Not Pretty Enough, #1)
  • Alexandria
  • Hot Summer
  • The Fake Husband
  • Scavenger Hunt (A Finny Aletter Mystery, Book 1)
  • To Love a Stranger
  • Rock Point (Sharpe & Donovan, #0.5)
  • Light This Candle
  • Killing Matt Cooper
  • Double Feature: Attack of the Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies/Bride of the Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies (Russel Middlebrook, #3)
  • The Crime of Julian Wells
  • The Grave Gourmet (Capucine Culinary Mystery, #1)
  • All the Right Reasons (Damaged Heroes, #3)
  • Advertising for Love
  • Discovering You
  • Dead to the Max (Max Starr, #1)
  • Let's Call The Whole Thing Off
C.D. Taylor began writing as an item to check off her bucket list. She resides in the southernmost part of Illinois, right on the mighty Mississippi river. She enjoys the quiet country life with her husband, son and the many farm animals that make up the rest of the family. C.D. decided that farm life was just a little too mundane, so she started writing erotica to spice things up, so far so good. ...more
More about C.D. Taylor...

Chances Are (3 books)
  • Left to Chance (Chances Are #2)
  • Be with Me (Come Back to Me, #3)
Left to Chance (Chances Are #2) Be with Me (Come Back to Me, #3) Dominant Memories come back to me Playing With Fire