Start by marking “Mid-Life Love (Mid-Life Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mid-Life Love (Mid-Life Love, #1)

Mid-Life Love (Mid-Life Love #1)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,437 Ratings  ·  586 Reviews
If you'd asked me what love was two years ago, I probably would've said, 'It's this amazing feeling that obsesses and possesses you; it's what me and my husband currently have.' If you ask me that same question today, I'll say, 'Please get the hell out of my face.’

Claire Gracen's life is picture perfect. Her career as a marketing director is on the brink of being legenda
Published June 28th 2013 (first published June 19th 2013)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
DNF.*1 star. Since I can't give it 0 stars I'm giving it one star. Review completed July 15, 2013

photo tumblr_mefrxlhyvL1ry8wlx_zpsdd510692.gif

And another one bites the dust. This was beyond bad. Older heroine younger hero is one of my favorite tropes but Mid Life Love is absolutely unacceptable; it didn't work out for me at all. I think I have been experiencing a serious book midlife crises when I was off Goodreads.
Mid Life Love is another Fifty rip-off. Is this ever going to stop??

photo tumblr_mlydkjB8dv1qclj7lo1_500_zps23ff41d4.gif

There are two words that come to my mind. Uninspiring. Bor
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Nov 17, 2013 Akanksha❤ Søren♰ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Akanksha❤ Søren♰ by: JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Shelves: favorite
Lovedddddddddddd this book... like too much~!

:D :D :D :D :D

Beautiful book, amazing pace, loved the drama; so wasn't over the top. Just right!
Loved the author's writing style!
Loved the story and everything ;D

I feel so happy! hehe
Was only smiling while I read this book.

She started crying. “I said I was sorry! I thought you were cheating on me when I set your Aston Martin on fire!”
I can’t believe I almost forgot about that...

LOL, Had the right amount of comedy too ;)

“So, last week I had sex at t
Mo
Oct 26, 2013 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

I quite enjoyed this one….

Ok, it’s been done to death, rich CEO, wanting to take control. Shouting “You’re Mine!”

Older woman – Jeez, she was only 40!

It was going along predictably but then got a bit more interesting towards the end.

J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
3.5--Frustrating--Stars!!

This book exhausted me. I really wanted to like it. And there were a lot of things I did like. This could have been a really good book. But the heroine, Claire, ruined it.

Claire is 40, she's been divorced for 4 years. It was a bad split...her husband Ryan was having an affair with her best friend Amanda.

So I get some of where Claire was coming from. How she might have been a bit hesitant to jump into a relationship with Jonathan.

Afterall, Jonathan is younger, 11 years
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 13, 2015 Jacqueline's Reads rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

4.5 steamy stars

Typically during a mid-life crisis you either buy a expensive sport car or travel to Europe OR you find yourself a man that's 11 years younger and have some fun. I think I will choose option B!

Claire is a soon-to-be 40 year old divorced mother of two teenage girls. She hates her job and she's stuck in a rut. All of that changes when she meets sexy, savvy, rich and handsome Jonathan Statham, CEO for the company Claire works for.

First off, I didn't know what this read was about.
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
5 Huge stars for this amazing book. What a hidden gem this book was. I started it and was hooked from the very first page. It was a beautiful love story that I couldn't get enough of. This book is a must read.
Lili
Jul 10, 2013 Lili rated it it was ok
 photo jon_is_disappointed_zps5d2469a6.gif

Although I enjoyed the book I had a big problem with Claire. I did feel bad for her. My mom was cheated on and I saw how difficult it was for her to pick up the pieces after- so I was sympathetic to her annoying insecurities. Plus, when things came together at the end it was more understandable to justify some of her actions. Even still though- I just really had a hard time liking her. She was so immature. I found the way she treated Jonathan was too much. I began to wonder why this great guy ev
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

3.5 stars!

Well I've seen pretty good reviews for this book and well I took my chances.

Let's just say that I was not blown away at all with this story.

Claire Gracen's life has fallen apart... Why? Because her husband has cheated on her with her best friend.

Everything she knows is broken.
Now Claire must start afresh..

Turning the big 40 Claire Meets the sexy Johanathan Statham- self made billionaire and CEO of Statham Industries.
He is 29 and happens to be the boss of the company she works for.

When
La-Lionne
*** 1 star ***

I actually really liked the beginning. Her journal entry was really funny. And the first couple of chapters that fallowed were pretty good, too. But then we started to get to know our MCs better and I thought "Are we still going at it?"

After reading the first 10% of the book, I got the impression that the story will be about a woman having some sort of midlife crises, trying to figure out the next step in her life. It was obvious, that at some point during the story, she will meet
Mitsy
Jul 27, 2015 Mitsy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
Wow. A different romantic suspense story. Jonathan is 28, gorgeous, a billionaire, brilliant, and sweet. Claire is 39-40, divorced, with twin daughters, heartbroken over her now ex husbands cheating and also brilliant. Yes, they start a relationship. Jonathan pursues Claire...and keeps pursuing her. He doesn't care about her age. She does. Will Claire let the age difference get in the way? Will Jonathan finally get tired of Claire's insecurities?

Jonathan is absolutely adorable. He's so sweet,
Tamisha Draper
Oct 07, 2014 Tamisha Draper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, favorites
 photo tumblr_m3xly3OTHd1rvs2pao3_400.gif
I absolutely LOVED this book! It is so refreshing to read a Romance Novel that had an original story line and a slew of characters that kept me smiling, laughing and doing a double take.

Claire has an amazing personality. I love the fact that she's not only beautiful and smart, but also hilariously sarcastic. I loved watching her open her self up to Jonathan and experience love and not to forget lust :). But don't get me wrong, sometimes I wanted to hit her over the head for being a hot ass me
SheReadsALot
So...I was on my way to selecting an older woman/younger man book because I was in a mood and my Kindle looks like my TBR mountain...stuffed to the gills. So I come across this book and I figured, what the hell? Not what I planned on reading but a detour doesn't hurt.

Hmm.

Okay...WTF?

I knew when the heroine mentioned "inner goddess", I should have just went to find the original book I was seeking. But no, apparently I am a glutton for punishment. Claire is a bubblehead who acted like half her age.
Dee Montoya
Mid Love Life is one of those books that will make you happy, the story has the perfect ratio of romance, steaminess and humor.

Claire is a forty year old woman who's trying to get over a very bad divorce. She was married to her high school sweetheart for fourteen years and this man was "it" for her, Ryan and their twin daughters were Claire's vision of the perfect life, until she finds out that her husband and her best friend had been having an affair behind her back and the bitch was now pregn
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
Apr 04, 2014 Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
description

Gitte: So we have a new one-click Author don’t we Jenny, and it’s this Lady right here. Her writing is fun, flirty, sexy and emotional. Her characters are brilliantly written; her storylines are addictive and very hot! I have to say Whitney Gracia Williams, excels at writing not only a fantastic male character but also the male POV.

“It’s going to be so fucking good that you’re going to want me to be your last.” – Jonathan

Her stories are a fabulous indulgence that you resent having to put down
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Three Stars

To the heroine, Claire, this bitch-slap is for you:

photo bitchslapped_zps6d747655.gif

I'm a huge fan of the older woman / younger man stories. Can't get enough of them really. So when one of my GR friends pointed this out, I was giddy. However, with that said, I'm kinda sad that I didn't like it as much. To be frank, I couldn't get over the annoying heroine. The Hero, however, is COMPLETELY swoon-worthy. Loved Jonathan! He made the story worthwhile. He was sexy, sweet, possessive and just HOT. How he never gave up on
Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur )
This book was a surprise! It reminded me of another book that I love. The Hero is YUMMY and younger (11 years) than the Heroine, the Heroine can hold her own even if she is insecure about what her ex did to her and she made me laugh. There are texts, emails, nasty ex's and rather manipulative mother added to the mix...what's not to love.?? First time I have read this author and thouroughly enjoyed it. Great, heartwarming read!!
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
3.5 Stars

Claire was one of the worst heroines ever. I really mean it. She was giving me practically the whole book a very hard time

Yes she is forty, a divorcée, still heart broken (the end of her marriage was really painful),
But she really needs to move on after 4 years of being divorced.

And there is Jonathan, CEO of Claire firm, billionaire and only 11 years younger than her. I could understand Clairs insecurities in the beginning when Jonathan showed interest in her.
And it was totally ok of
Oct 31, 2013 Jennifer rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013
Also posted to Jen in Bookland

Phew. So I had to sit and calm down a bit after the ending of this book. It really made me angry. I ranted to my husband for quite a bit, and he just sits there and nods and lets me go on and on. But sometimes it is not enough. I need to write things down to get them out and stop thinking about them. If you are the author I am sorry, but this might get ugly. Before I go onto the ending of the book I thought I would start with my thoughts on the rest of the story - t
Katerina
Some books do not just contain words which form sentences I am trying to comprehend while reading. Some books feel like I walked through the secret wardrobe of Narnia.
My mental sanity is overly grateful that this does not happen very often, because if this emotion overcomes me in a romance book, it takes some time to calm down...
My emotion during this experience?
I envied Claire... every. single. minute. it took me to read this book!
I envied her for this larger-than-life Jonathan...not because he
Jacqueline
Nov 28, 2014 Jacqueline rated it it was ok
I'm the first to admit I read a lot of nonsense - improbably young, virile and gorgeous self made billionaires who take a shine to an ordinary every woman is a particular fave that I normally devour and lap up the fantasy but this was a shade too ridiculous even for me I'm afraid.

She's a divorcee stuck in a job she hates but has to do to support her kids. He's the CEO of that company, rich, hot, successful and her boss. It was even a secret affair at work story, another of my fave set ups, but n
Deeksha
Jan 06, 2016 Deeksha rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
0 Stars (since ratings can't be negative)

I DO NOT read stories where there's cheating, especially if one of the main leads was married, because frankly, it scares me. I don't like seeing how fragile relationships are, how easily....breakable. How you can build your whole life around someone, but that someone may just one day get up and decide they don't want that life with you.

I still decided to read this book. The beginning of this book ? **AWESOME**
I don't think I have ever encountered a fem
Kanae
Jun 27, 2013 Kanae rated it it was amazing
My first review of a book: Eek, I am so excited!!!!!!!!

What to say, well first off, Whitney Williams has done an amazing job telling the story of Jonathan and Claire’s love affair. I am so happy that I got a chance to read this book in exchange for giving my honest review. I’ve fallen in love with her work ever since Take Two and this is no exception. So thank you Whitney W. for this chance! Woo hoo!

Now, if you don’t know me, I love a good romantic story. I love stories that draw you in, and you
Indy
Jun 29, 2013 Indy rated it it was amazing
This one is a winner!!!! Not since I read Real by Katy Evans months ago have I been this excited about a book!

I am so happy I stumbled across this one, exactly the type of novel I love!

Male lead Jonathan is a successful CEO who became something from nothing, is young but humbled, alpha male, possessive, protective, generous, intelligent, HOT, SEXY, perceptive, mature, fun, creative, ROMANTIC and genuine. (Seriously the romance he creates in this novel is maybe best I have seen!)

Female lead Cla
Reanell Tisdale
I really enjoyed this book. It had me so enamored I didn't want to stop reading once I started. This story was a little different for me, because the female lead was 40 and the male lead was 28, but it really worked out quite well! Jonathan is the type of character you fall head over heels for when you first get inside his head. And he seemed to be the more mature one of the relationship, Claire couldn't let go of her past, and seemed to punish Jonathan for that. And I loved the fact that he was ...more
Jo *Reading Is My Bliss*
Jul 01, 2013 Jo *Reading Is My Bliss* rated it it was amazing
This is just the kind of book I like, a hot, rich and sexy dominant alpha male and beautiful woman that he wants badly.

Stop right there though, yep he is 28 years old, gorgeous and sexy as hell and his name is Jonathan. He is also the CEO of the company she works for.

Her name is Claire, she is about to turn 40 years old, she has just divorced her husband after finding out he was cheating on her with her best friend (including getting her pregnant) and she has twin 16 year old daughters.

Jonathan
Anima
Jun 22, 2013 Anima rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review.

My Kindle Fire is literally smoking! This was the hottest book I've read in a long time. Claire is a divorcee, nearing 40, with twin teenage daughters. She hates her job and has a secret interior design passion. Jonathon, 28, CEO of the company where Claire works. Jonathon is suddenly smitten with her and will do what it takes to get her. This book has many passionate sexual moments, if you're shy about this sort of thing this is not your book.
Michelle
Sep 05, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Screenshot_14

Claire is just days away from the big 4-0. Her life was shattered just a few years prior when the man she thought was the love of her life cheated on her and betrayed her in the worst possible ways. Leaving the comfort of her home on the east coast, Claire heads west with her twin daughters to start fresh. The only problem is that Claire really isn’t starting anything... She’s just living day to day unwilling to put herself fully back out there to seek out her a new happily ever after.

Jonathan
Heather
Aug 18, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Dramatic Romance
Recommended to Heather by: JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna)
Mid Life Love is about a woman in her early forties. Claire has discovered that the love of her life, her husband cheated on her with her best friend. She decides to start life over on the opposite coast. She heads west to be closer to her mother and she takes a job well under her expected pay range working for a tech company in advertising.

Jonathan is a man in his prime. He is the founder of a major technology company and he is an incredibly wealthy CEO. Jonathan has not had the best start in
Kathleen

Romance ~ 4 Stars
Heat Level ~ 3.5 Stars
Ending ~ 3.5 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 3 Stars

I have mixed feelings about this book.

What worked
The beginning was fantastic, it grabbed me right away and I was drawn into the story. I loved certain things in particular, the well thought out pasts of both Claire and Jonathon, emotionally invested me in these characters. I also enjoyed reading about the da
Robert Knight
Robert Knight marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Kindle Lending (T...: Mid-Life Love 2 20 Aug 26, 2013 04:37PM
Book Giveaways: (r) Mid-Life Love by Whitney G & Necklace 1 12 Jul 29, 2013 11:38AM
Bargain Basement: (r) Mid-Life Love by Whitney G & Necklace 1 8 Jul 29, 2013 11:37AM
Free Books, .99 &...: (r) Mid-Life Love by Whitney G & Necklace 1 7 Jul 29, 2013 11:37AM
Epilogue 8 102 Jul 23, 2013 07:44PM
  • Come Together (The Cityscape, #3)
  • Obsession (The Plus One Chronicles, #3)
  • The Other C-Word (In Other Words, #1)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • The Art of Wedding a Greek Billionaire (Greek Billionaire, #5)
  • Beautifully Awake (Beautifully Awake, #1)
  • Coming Home (The Surrender Trilogy, #3)
  • LoveLines (The Wilmington Saga, #1)
  • The Exception to the Rule
  • Rebound
  • Witch Vamp Were?  (Huntingdawn,  #2)
  • It's Always Been You (Always, #1)
  • Frontline
  • Hey There, Delilah (A Taboo Love, #1)
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)
  • Night Moves (G-Man, #3)
  • Moore to Lose (Needing Moore, #2)
Best way to get in contact with me is either on my Facebook page or at whitgbooks@gmail.com!

Whitney G. is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author of several contemporary novels and the cofounder of The Indie Tea, an inspirational blog for indie romance authors. A certified travel and Starbucks addict, her stories feature strong heroines, alpha males, and lots of witty banter.

When she'
More about Whitney Gracia Williams...

Mid-Life Love (2 books)
  • At Last (Mid Life Love, #2)

“I don't want to hear any bullshit about how 'forgiveness' helps you sleep better at night,' because that's not true. (My seven layer mattress is amazing.)” 19 likes
“Are you going to promote every man that flirts with me?"

"no. I'll fire whoever does it next.”
17 likes