Start by marking “Destiny Ever-Changing” as Want to Read:
Destiny Ever-Changing

Destiny Ever-Changing

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  301 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
Some are destined for greatness . . . others for pure unadulterated misery.

After catching her boyfriend with another woman, Laura struggles with beginning again, knowing deep down that she is destined to be unhappily out of love for her entire life. Needing some time to recoup and formulate a game plan, she decides to visit her notoriously wise grandmother. But once there,
276 pages
Published February 19th 2013 by DIP Publishing House (first published February 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Destiny Ever-Changing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destiny Ever-Changing

Kim
Feb 23, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
Let me begin by saying I read this book as a Guest Reviewer for Sugar and Spice Book Reviews. Thank you ladies for giving me an opportunity to be a part of your review team.

Now, for my 5 STAR review. When I was awarded the opportunity to read this book as a guest reviewer for Sugar and Spice, I did not read the book overview. That would be a first for me. So with that said, I did not know what the book was about. Where to begin.......

First of all WOW!!! I believe this is one of the first books I
BeeH
May 12, 2013 BeeH rated it liked it
Shelves: stand-alone
I like it.You get to read both POV but at some stage it is kind of like it is being repeated.But the romance between the H/H is just not exciting enough.The book is more on finding out about the journal which made me go on and finish the book.
Falling In Fall Book Blog
Feb 27, 2013 Falling In Fall Book Blog rated it really liked it
"It's hard to believe that just one short year ago, we thought fate was out to get us. We thought we were doomed to a life of misery and disappointment. Isn't it funny how a little book can change everything?"

Laura left Baltimore for one reason. To get away from her cheating ex-boyfriend. Her plan? To pack up her few belongings, including a care-package box of grandma panties from her aunt, into her lemon of a vehicle and travel to Nana's house in Rock Cove, Virginia before returning home to Ala
The Little Black Book Blog
May 17, 2013 The Little Black Book Blog rated it really liked it
This review was posted to The Little Black Book Blog: http://littleblackbookbloggers.blogsp...

This book is the epitome of cute!!!!! I loved every second of it! Sometimes fate can bring you to unexpected places. That was definitely the case for Laura and Brooks! They both come from different walks of life but somehow, ended up in a small beach town in Virginia together. Laura is running from the disaster of her last relationship while Brooks is stuck in a perpetual nightmare with a fiancée he hat
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
Feb 24, 2013 Sugar and Spice Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
This review was done by Kim a Guest Reviewer for Sugar and Spice Book Reviews. It is also listed on her goodreads acct.

An Arc was received in Exchange for an honest review.

Kim's Review

First of all WOW!!! I believe this is one of the fi
Zoe and the Edge
Mar 15, 2013 Zoe and the Edge rated it did not like it
Did I just seriously read that entire book?

I'm not sure I have ever had so much to complain about in one book.
To start off with, this book has the most ridiculous premise I have ever read. My main problem is with the pushover hero. There's no nice way to say it. Brooks is a pansy. He is not a man's man. His voice is like a 15 year old...whose English is his second language. Authors, contractions are good things, PLEASE put them in.
One of the first things we learn about Brooks is that he is bein
Kim Person
Apr 16, 2013 Kim Person rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Oh Laura ~ Alex makes me ......................................

what a freaking CREEP~~~~~ but oh I'm loving the kick ass start to this one :)
Brandee - Brandee's Book Endings
Tasha Ivey’s debut Novel “Destiny Ever-changing” was a perfect chick-flick book to curl up on the couch with. This was a very refreshing read for me. I have been reading either darker subject matters or major hot & steamy books (not that there is anything wrong with that LOL), but this was a pleasant change of pace…..that I just need sometimes.
There were so many things that I really enjoyed about this story. First I will say, Tasha tells a beautiful story and it was very easy to follow alon
Kim
Apr 19, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves, 4-5-stars

"Love has no concept of time. When it happens, it happens, and if it's meant to be, it will be."

Laura has been through a bad break-up, is lost, and heads to her Nana's beach house in Virginia to get herself together. Right as she gets into town, she meets Brooks and shares a funny encounter. From the start, they have a connection. But Brooks has many secrets. He has his own issues and his life is on a course that makes him miserable. But they keep crossing paths and the more they do, th
Nic
Feb 23, 2013 Nic rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, arc
**4.5 out of 5 Stars**

I love a good heartfelt romance, they are my absolute favourite kind of read. Destiny Ever-Changing, the debut novel by Tasha Ivey is just that! Tasha Ivey is one author to watch out for, seriously! I started this novel with every intention of reading for an hour, unfortunately for my family I got sucked in and didn’t put it down until I was finished. A truly fabulous read!!

Destiny Ever-Changing is a beautifully written modern love story that pulled at my heartstrings. The
Becca
Mar 12, 2013 Becca rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who is in for a fun love story.
Love this debut by Tasha Ivey! Laura is unlucky in love. She just can't seem to make the right connect, always falling for the wrong guy and the right time. After another failed relationship Laura leaves Baltimore to head back home to Alabama. Along the way she decides to stop by her Nana's house in North Carolina. Almost to her destination, she gets a flat tire but is soon rescued by a gardener for the house where she broke down. The only thing is the gardener is not really a gardener but Brook ...more
Bookaholics Blog
Jun 15, 2013 Bookaholics Blog rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! This book is absolutely amazing. It is so well written that you feel more like you are in a movie then actually reading a book. I was hooked the moment that I read the first page. It is definitely one of those books that you cannot put down. So be prepared when you start to dedicate you time because it is impossible to stop once you have started. With this book you are never bored. You are always wondering what will happen next. Destiny Ever-Changing will take you through a roller coaster ...more
Kaela Ashbaugh
May 09, 2013 Kaela Ashbaugh rated it it was amazing
This is an amazingly heartfelt book, that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I would recommend it to anyone. I have truly enjoyed this read and I cannot wait until Will and Ashtons story to unfold next. Thank you Tasha for a fantastic read!!

SPOILERS!!! IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK DO NOT CONTINUE TO READ MY REVIEW!!

a woman who feels destined to be alone and miserable. A man lost and depressed at the hands of his fathers greedy business decisions. Both find eachother as friends wanting so m
Pamela Carrion
Feb 24, 2013 Pamela Carrion rated it really liked it
I am such a sucker for a love story and Destiny Ever – Changing gave me just that. Tasha Ivey gives us a story of two people that have given up on the fact that love is easy. But to tell the truth anything worth having never is. When Laura seeks the comforts of home from her Nana, she finds Brooks “popping” into her life. Both Laura and Brooks struggle with the feelings this meet queue created. While Laura is looking to find herself Brooks is just trying to survive. As the story unfolds both lea ...more
Kara
Apr 26, 2013 Kara rated it really liked it
This review posted at: http://bookcrushbookreviews.com/2013/...

I started reading this book without reading the blurb about it and was pleasantly surprised. I love Laura!! I'm glad the prologue was just that-because I didn't get a good vibe from Alex-so I'm glad Laura stuck to her guns regarding him--off to bigger & better things. Laura has not experienced the best of luck regarding her past relationships so she's off to her Grandma's to do some soul-searching. By 7% I was laughing my ass off
Brandee Price
Feb 24, 2013 Brandee Price rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars

Destiny Ever-changing is a heart-warming read! There are several elements that blended together make such an enjoyable story. Several days after finishing it, I'm still thinking about this story, these characters...it was touching. It's a beautiful rendering of two people set on separate paths, finding their way to one another as their destinies change and their paths merge into one.

Laura Carey finds herself on a path in life she is not happy with. She's just found out her boyfriend c
Jennifer Wolfel
Apr 18, 2013 Jennifer Wolfel rated it really liked it
Destiny by definition: something that is to happen or has happened to a particular person or thing; lot or fortune. the predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events. the power or agency that determines the course of events.

Well I can honestly say that all of the above were and are correct at some point in this first novel by Tasha Ivey. Tasha has done a great job in her first go round in the self-publishing world.
As the story beings we find Laura who has literally found
Brooke-True Story Book Blog
Feb 25, 2013 Brooke-True Story Book Blog rated it really liked it

*ARC given to blog for an honest review*

*Spoiler-free review*

***3.5 Kisses from Brooke at Book Bitches Book Blog***

When the blog was approached with this ARC I jumped on it. What gripped me was the title-Destiny Ever-Changing. I thought to myself, “What a promising title.” I wasn’t too far off to be honest. There were ups, downs, and in-betweens for me in this book. There were things I loved, things I liked, and things that I felt were maybe a little…convenient? Let me elaborate. But keep in
Traci
May 12, 2013 Traci rated it it was amazing
This is such a adorable story. Laura moves to Baltimore for her lawyer boyfriend Alex who is the typical lawyer who is selfish and breaks Laura heart by cheating on her throughout their entire relationship.
Laura makes a last minute choice to visit her nana. On her way to her grandmothers she gets a flat tire that's when fate steps in and she meets brooks.
Brooks has been hating life took frustration of a force engagement to a women of his father business rival.
Fate introduces Laura and brooks
Tracy
May 18, 2013 Tracy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Tracy by: Flirty and Dirty
Shelves: love-storys
I think this book should be rate a 4 to 5 stars. I rated this book a 5 star do to the twist and turns in the characters and story line. Your heart stings pull for Laura for her heart ache and trying to find a what will make her happy. The Characters and story line was great. The book was funny to read. I also read the book in one day it was that good. I didn't want to put the book down. I had to know what happen next. I cant wait for the second book. Thanks for a great day of reading..
Tangerine
Mar 11, 2013 Tangerine rated it liked it
I enjoyed this read. It was simple and quick. I didnt care a great deal for the storyline but it didnt stop me from reading it. I at least finished it and that says alot for me since I havent been able to even finish quite a few books lately because they were so bad. I will read more from this author because she has great potential.
Tina Harris
Jul 26, 2013 Tina Harris rated it really liked it
Started it this week, finished last night, have recommended it to all my friends.....Such a beautiful touching love story. Yes I cried at the end but if you can not get wrapped up in the lives of the characters that are on the pages then why bother to read. Excited for your upcoming book. You officially have another fan!!!
Alicia at Mean Girls Luv Books
This is a quick, sweet read. It had some funny moments, so it definitely kept me entertained. The character development was good. There a few times in the book where I didn't really connect with what was happening, but not on the important parts.
Jamie
Apr 19, 2013 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Brooks is being forced by his dad to marry Jacqueline to combine companies. Laura has been living with Alex for six months to only find out he's been cheating. He decides to visit Nana. I loved this story. What a great romance.
Lynn
Mar 05, 2013 Lynn rated it it was amazing
I read this book prior to it's release and am going to read the official version now that it has been released. I highly recommend this book from an up-and-coming author. You won't want to put this book down.
Carla Green
Feb 26, 2013 Carla Green rated it it was amazing
Best thing I've read in a while! Not over-sexed like the majority of romance novels these days. Just a touching, sometimes gut-wrenching love story! I'm looking forward to more from this author!
Kay D
May 16, 2013 Kay D rated it liked it
The story is sweet and enjoyable. I love the ocean, so the setting was perfect. There are quite a few editing errors and some of the wording was not the best, but I still enjoyed reading.
Lori
May 02, 2013 Lori rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I really liked this book. I had it on my to be read list for a while and I am so glad I finally read it. I loved Laura and Brooks! I look forward to the next book!
♥ Sarah
I'm surprised I actually got around to finishing this book. I could probably list all the reasons why I couldn't get into this book, and how much it pissed me off, but I won't.

However, I'm going to mention one little thing. A huge pet peeve of mine. Cheating.

Brooks, the main lead, was engaged to a girl other than Laura, our "heroine." *puke* Both of them were just pathetic. First, if it wasn't horrible enough that Brooks was too much of a pansy to break off his engagement with his "shallow, ch
Davia Walker
Apr 10, 2013 Davia Walker rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the story fell in love with the characters. I loved how it came full circle in the end.
  • Red Letters
  • The Perpetual Quest for the Perfect Life
  • Sudden Hope
  • Every Rose (Every Rose, #1)
  • The Upside of Letting Go
  • Beautiful Trash (Scarlet Briar Series #1)
  • Destined to Succeed (Destined, #2)
  • Nets and Lies
  • The Devil's Touch
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Stripped (Stripped, #1)
  • The Submission of Alistair Ingram (Dolls & Doms, #1)
  • Kitchen Affairs (Riverside Trilogy, #1)
  • His Virgin Secretary
  • Love at 11
  • Distractions
  • No Second Chances (Chances, #1)
  • Love Realized (Real Love, #1)
Tasha Ivey is a literature fanatic, whose love for the written word fostered her development into the writer she has become. A lover of an extremely erratic mixture of literature, she has been influenced by authors from Jane Austen and E.M. Forster to Charlaine Harris and Alyson Noel. But her biggest influence and literary hero? Nicholas Sparks. Aside from writing, since she doesn't have anything ...more
More about Tasha Ivey...