Start by marking “The Buggy List” as Want to Read:
The Buggy List

The Buggy List

Drew and Libby Sullivan have spent the past six years building the perfect life together. They have a beautiful home, flourishing careers, and they’re finally ready to take the plunge into parenthood. Well, almost. Despite the endless prodding from family, friends, and even strangers, there still seems to be something holding the couple back from starting a family. Perhaps ...more
Published February 14th 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Buggy List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Buggy List

Meredith Schorr
Nov 27, 2013 Meredith Schorr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, light read. Perfect for a rainy day. My only issue was the married couple accompanying their single friend to a speed dating event and pretending to be single. They did it to cross something off of their buggy list and thought it was "funny" but as a single girl who just had a date with a guy she met speed dating, I would have been really upset if I found out he was married and I'm sure any single girl or guy who attends a speed dating events goes under the assumption that all of the other ...more
Feb 23, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
What a cute & funny book. I was laughing out loud at so many parts & almost in tears by the end.

Looking back I wish my husband and I had taken more advantage of the yrs we were together before
kids...now 3 kids later I would kill for a honeymoon or adult nights out. The 2 main characters
were so good together....from their very first meeting as she ran him down with her car...and then later
When they finally met for real. I enjoyed this story so much....I realized as I was at 95% on my
Kind
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
May 22, 2013 Akanksha❤ Søren♰ rated it really liked it
Shelves: baby-kid
I’m starting to see this – you and me - as a really good love story.”

LOVED LOVED LOVED THIS BOOK.
My face hurts because of the amont of time I've been grinning while reading this book.
Such a cute read filled with a ton of drama!!
They were prefect, She was the ying to his yang. I wish it was longer :(
Renate
Sep 12, 2016 Renate rated it liked it
Shelves: novels
A light and fun read. Neither more nor less.
Fiona
Sep 26, 2013 Fiona rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Fun book to read. I like Libby Sullivan. She is fun, crazy, & imaginative.

She and Drew have been married for a few year. Before they start a family, they've drawn up a bucket list, or in their case a buggy list, of things they want to do first. Drew's list is practical such as change life insurance policy and make partner in the CPA firm. Libby's list, though, is totally different. She wants a honeymoon which she never had, do the "drink thing" where she throws a drink into a man's (Drew) fa
Julie
Jul 10, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book today and read it in a couple of hours this evening! I enjoy all romances but usually read lengthy ones with multiple plots and story lines. This book was a light read that was simple to get through but I throughly enjoyed it, nonetheless. It was well written and a perfect read for the beach, a plane ride, or anytime wading through a long, complicated novel is not on the docket.

As someone who has three kids and now wishes she had a 'buggy list' before having them, I could r
Judy
Jun 24, 2013 Judy rated it liked it
Libby and Drew seemed to have it all. Great careers, great family, and a real great love for each other. They hadn't really thought about starting a family but when Libby's sister warned to do "the things you want to now, because there won't be an after", they decided to make a list. Drew's items were fun but practical, Libby's items were fun and silly. Half way through the list, thinks start to change and come apart.
This book is cute and predictable, but fun and maybe just a little thought pro
Nickisha
Sep 07, 2014 Nickisha rated it it was amazing
Unexpectedly fun

Don't go into this with any expectations. No really, don't. I looked at the cover and I really thought it was going to be humdrum, so much so I started reading it twice before and did not get past the first page... Silly rabbit! I loved it! When I finally got into it that is, could not put it down. And when I did, I told my husband how much I loved him. We are married without kids and making a life together, maybe kids will come, maybe they won't but it's the life you build toget
Angel **Book Junkie**
Jun 20, 2013 Angel **Book Junkie** rated it really liked it
Okay so this book literally had me Laughing out Loud.

It was hilarious.. Especially assaulting the police with a pregnancy test. I think it had me going for the whole book. It was too cute and I definitely liked it A LOT! I would recommend this book to those of you who have a sense of humor only. What I didn't like was all the little white lies but, it made the story sooo I guess I can say I would definitely recommend this book.
Jen Lynn
This book started out pretty good. Real cutesy. The buggy list created a good storyline and this book did have some opportunity to be a light, easy, fun, great read. However the ending and the fallout that occurs because of the character's white lies was way too far fetched and eye rolling for my taste. I felt like it killed the story completely. The book was going at a good pace and then all of a sudden it felt like the author was rushed to make something exciting happen and got too carried ...more
Colleen Ray
Feb 03, 2014 Colleen Ray rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is certainly a quick read, taking only a couple hours to finish. It started as a pretty amusing story about a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants PR specialist, married to a super-organized Accountant. It had almost a Lucy Ricardo feel to it, where the lead character was spending most of her time trying to cover up one blunder after another.

The last quarter of the book took a sad turn, when all of the white lies and deception fell apart, and for me, the main character ended up being really unlike
Joanne Lewis
Nov 16, 2014 Joanne Lewis rated it liked it
This was a great easy read with an interesting concept. The two main characters decide to compile a list of things they would like to do before having a baby. Drew's is very much career driven, whereas Libby's is much more frivolous and light-hearted and most of the book is taken up with them working their way through both lists.

There are plenty of laugh aloud moments throughout although it does start to become a bit farcical at times as the story progresses but overall, it's an enjoyable read.
Julia
Feb 28, 2015 Julia rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
This was a quick and easy read. I liked that it was a clean, fluff book. And I got it free on kindle.

After I finished it, I realized that it felt like the author wrote this book with the intent for it to be made into a ROMCOM movie. It was a romance with so many twists and turns and unbelievable things that happened all at once all because of misunderstandings and then in the end they lived happily ever after.
Lauren
Aug 24, 2013 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Drew and Libby decide to make a check list of things they want to do before having a baby. Most of the items ended up being easy, but boy can they turn their life upside down. Libby finds out her celebrity client is also a client of her husbands. One email addressed to the wrong person puts serious strain on their relationship. This is a cute story that made me laugh, but the ending was a little too predictable.
Valerie Hedges
Sep 23, 2015 Valerie Hedges rated it really liked it
A rather different and unexpected take on the things people do in readiness for having a baby, Drew and Libby make a having a baby bucket list but discover that indeed things can take a very unexpected turn ...A good and often amusing read . Drew and Libby are somewhat scatty and irritating at times , very much a young want to have it all pair and Drew especially has an air of entitlement about him , but it is a sweet love story and a good lesson in the important things of life .
Cathleen
Sep 26, 2013 Cathleen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The book started out as a light and entertaining read. The idea of creating a "Buggy List" so Drew and Libby can do all the things they want prior to having a baby is a creative idea. Drew's list is serious and thoughtful whereas Libby comes off as being silly and immature for words. Then Libby's continuous "white lying" ruined the story for me. The drama at the end of the story and the way it went from a "laugh out loud" read to something I wish I hadn't bothered with was annoying to.
Noelle
Jun 05, 2013 Noelle rated it really liked it
This was a really cute book. Original premise and interesting how everything spiraled out of control. The main character was really relateable and someone you'd like to be friends with. I love the relationship between the husband and wife. They are a sweet couple, but have real life stressors that, in the end, just make them closer.
Brenda
Aug 01, 2013 Brenda rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013
Reading on my Kindle. Instead of a bucket list, they made a buggy list. It was things to do before they had a baby. She had throw a drink in his face, have him kiss her in public, cook for a crowd and others like it. He's was make partner and other serious things. Just didn't get that exciting or interesting.
N.N. Light
Jun 09, 2014 N.N. Light rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I enjoyed this book. The characters were relateable and I found myself laughing throughout the book. I love chick-lit and I love characters who are as real as me. However I didn't like the lying part. I know I know, it happens in real life. What can I say, I'm a romantic.

I would totally recommend this book and I can't wait to see more books by Courtney Rice Gager. :-)
Kelly
Feb 21, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Wonderful! These characters were very relatable. I felt like Libby could have been a number of my friends and faces a lot of events and lifestyle changes that many women in their late 20's go through. Perfect beach or plane read!
Carole Anderson
May 30, 2013 Carole Anderson rated it it was amazing
This was a new author for me and was a free e-reader book. What a delightful book! It was very well written, with lots of laughs and just a "feel good" story. Very creative. I would definitely read more by her.
Emily
Dec 04, 2013 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cute-chick-lit
Cute chick lit with some hi jinks. It was a cute, fun, easy read that was enjoyable. I don't have any complaints about the book, the characters were decently developed, the plot line was different and there weren't any unnecessary situations or moments.
Karen Gibbons
May 07, 2016 Karen Gibbons rated it really liked it
A great short read

I love to read a book that keeps me guessing as to "what's next". I just realized that the story line was a modern "I Love Lucy" dramatic comedy about love and marriage. A quick read for an afternoon escape.
Jill
Oct 23, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Cute little novel about a couple who makes a Buggy List of things they want to do before they have a baby. Slightly lame, unrealistic ending, but I think that's how it goes with this genre. Entertaining.
Erin Duke
Mar 28, 2013 Erin Duke rated it really liked it
This book is thoroughly entertaining and well-written. As someone who myself comes up with crazy ideas that rarely turn out the way they're supposed to, I found the main character both quirky and charming. If you're in for an easy read that's a bit more than "fluff," check this out!
Mary
Mar 30, 2014 Mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It started super cute, ended cute, but the middle got bogged down in ridiculous. Think Sophie Kinsella, Shopaholic series, girl at her worst.
Anahi
Feb 27, 2014 Anahi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was entertained through the entire story. It was funny at times and other times I was able to relate to the characters. It makes for a lovely Sunday read.
Marilyn
Jun 08, 2014 Marilyn rated it really liked it
Good

Good

this was a wonderful story about how things can go wrong but turn about and come around well.the relationships in this book are great.
Marcia
Jun 03, 2014 Marcia rated it liked it
I loved most of the book and FLEW through it.

(couldn't put it down til I was 68% through)

Then it got a bit ridiculous in the middle but still highly readable and ta-da, a good end.
Darcee Kraus
Jan 27, 2014 Darcee Kraus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
A charming novel that gives an idea that is a fun and less pressured alternative for having a bucket list. I am definitely excited to learn more about Gager!
Clean Reads: Free today and tomorrow - The Buggy List 1 12 Feb 26, 2015 10:45AM
  • Brownie Points
  • Glitch {A Comedy of Errors}
  • Return to Neverland (Faerie Tale Collection #13)
  • Legally Wed
  • A Safe Space (Someone Else's Fairytale, #3.5)
  • Thirty-Two Going on Spinster
  • Christmas Carol
  • Sealed with a Kiss
  • The Spice of Life
  • Nancy's Theory of Style
  • Ties That Bind (Rebekka, #2)
  • Silent Counsel
Courtney Rice Gager first fell in love with reading as a child on summer vacations by the ocean. Today, she enjoys writing her own humorous and heartwarming stories that are best paired with plenty of sand and sunshine. Courtney is the author of The Buggy List. Her upcoming title, Tess in Boots, is contracted with Anaiah Press for release in December 2014. She lives in Southern New Jersey with her ...more
More about Courtney Rice Gager...

“things aren’t always what they seem.” 0 likes