Start by marking “His Unusual Governess” as Want to Read:
His Unusual Governess

His Unusual Governess

3.11 of 5 stars 3.11  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Published April 1st 2013 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about His Unusual Governess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Unusual Governess

Rane

I've always had a special place and weakness for stories that revolved around Governesses (I shall place the blame on Jane Eyre)"His Unusual Governess was not as unusual as it was predictable with the hidden heiress, someone after her, and a rake with a past he can't seem to get around until he meets our heroine.
Sarah Hardcastle was the type of heroine who I love to read about, she comes from trade and works in it even when she meets one road block after another. Tried of the attention of on
Amanda
Soooooooo boring! The story was horribly slow, with no actual plot line.... Ok most romantic novels don't have a sensible plot, however this was just a bunch of rambling that happened, by luck, to get published. I was not wrapped into the story, the leading lady and man were not developed. Their growing attachment was never shown to the reader at all. And everything done in the story was contrary to what the author had previously done with the characters. For example, the children we're suppose ...more
Mandy Hemmings
I always enjoy Anne Herries' books, and this one was no exception! I don't want to give the plot away, but here's a small synopsis. Set during the Regency, heiress Sarah Hardcastle is desperate to escape from an unwelcome suitor. She therefore assumes a new identity - that of governess Hester Goodrum - and takes a position as governess to two teenagers in the depths of the countryside. However, her pupils' mentor, Lord Rupert Myers, shakes her composure and threatens her masquerade...

This was a
I felt slightly guilty clicking on the 'I'm finished' button. Am I finished with this book? Yes. Did I finish it? No. Truth be told, somewhere around page 230 I realized 3 things. 1: I hadn't fallen in love with the hero. 2: I wasn't rooting for the heroine. 3: I didn't give a damn whether or not they ended up together. Also, there was no unexpected humour that made me chortle out loud, , no scintillating dialogue, no descriptions so beautiful that my breath caught in my throat as I read them. T ...more
April Hollingworth
Wonderfully entertaining, a brilliant read.
To escape from unwanted attention heiress Sarah Hardcastle concocts a plan to become a governess taking her out the the pathway of unwanted marriage proposals and directly into the path of the dashing Lord Rupert Myers.
Escaping from his latest mistress Lord Rupert agrees to mentor his young cousins and becomes fascinated with the highly unusual and out spoken governess.
With unexpected attraction can these two sort out the unruly children and their hear
Rachel8
The plot is similar, the ending is familiar but I still love it! It holds out well to the end and is not over cheesy. Ok I've read plot much like this from mills and boons with the same typical ending but it was the familiarity that I enjoyed. If you want something light and easy to read from mills and boons you can't go a miss.
Carrie
A very unusual but delightful take on a governess romance! This book was very fresh and enjoyable, the characters were well developed, and it was just a fantastic read from start to finish.
Bean
Boring. Too many pages where the story did not progress. Also there wasn't much of the couple actually falling in love.
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Kate
Kate added it
Oct 12, 2014
Chloe Smith
Chloe Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Marlenna M.
Marlenna M. is currently reading it
Jun 24, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Sarah added it
May 03, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
LINDA SOLE also writes under the names of Anne Herries, Emma Quincey, Lynn Granville and one as Juliana Linden.

Linda was born in Swindon. Her family moved to Ely in Cambridgeshire when she was nine, and Linda attended the local school but left at fifteen to work as a hairdresser in her father's business. She was married at eighteen and ran her own hairdressing business for some years before moving
More about Anne Herries...
Bartered Bride A Country Miss in Hanover Square Captive of the Harem The Homeless Heiress (Historical Romance) Bought for the Harem