Start by marking “What Makes a Man Feel Loved?” as Want to Read:
What Makes a Man Feel Loved?

What Makes a Man Feel Loved?

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
They say that behind every great man is a great woman. And the popular (more than 125,000 copies sold) What Makes a Man Feel Loved will help you encourage your husband to become the great man God created him to be.

With practical insight and wisdom, Bob Barnes, bestselling author and beloved husband of Emilie Barnes, sheds light on a man's strengths, needs, worries, and hop
Published October 15th 2006 by Harvest House Publishers (first published February 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about What Makes a Man Feel Loved?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Makes a Man Feel Loved?

Brenda Griswold
Jan 03, 2013 Brenda Griswold rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It helped me to realize that my job given to me by God was to love my husband for who he was. I need to read it more often to remind myself this. This book can anger some wives, but it is very freeing in reality.
Karen
Mar 20, 2009 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I try to read this book again yearly just as a reminder.
Irene
Oct 09, 2013 Irene rated it really liked it
This was a refreshing addition to my library of marriage books. I think part of the reason it was refreshing is because it's primarily written from a man's perspective - who better to know what makes a man feel loved than a man, right? Mr. Barnes was able to deliver his key points with gentle strength and authority (in contrast to a lot of the marriage books I've read where I feel like I've been punched in the gut). I was really able to slow down with this book, chewing on each bit of informatio ...more
Michelle Murray
Apr 08, 2014 Michelle Murray rated it liked it
I think it's good. It is geared at the wife and you have to remember that when reading it. It has some good insights and has given me at least one more book I'd like to read. I only have 2 chapters left and over all satisfied with the content. Having read love and respect this book makes sense. On it's own.... It might be lacking.... But can definitely learn from it either way.
Regina Bennett
Jun 22, 2012 Regina Bennett rated it really liked it
THIS book...Hallelujah! What a blessing it has been in my life! Written by a Christian man, he explains how let our husbands know that we do love them and need them...and it's something that I *really* needed a manual for!! It makes me think of "men are from mars, women are from venus" in that it let me know how men actually think and how to speak their "language". Of course, all men are different....but this book is definitely inspiring.
Heather
Jan 12, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of this was already covered in books his wife Emilie wrote, but there is still some great stuff in here. Mostly reminders of things we should know, but forget to remember. :-) I think how much you get out of this book depends on where you are at in your life. Some years it may be a huge impact making book, others it may just be that reminder of things you know.
Lori
Lori added it
Jul 24, 2016
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Erika
Erika rated it it was ok
Jun 14, 2016
Lesli Kohler
Lesli Kohler rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2016
Abigael Rita
Abigael Rita marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Shining Bright
Shining Bright marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Mariana
Mariana is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2016
Cynthia Saoirse
Cynthia Saoirse marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Angela Okereafor
Angela Okereafor marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Amina Al motery
Amina Al motery marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Jeryl Schantz
Jeryl Schantz marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Bhukky
Bhukky added it
Dec 10, 2015
Robyn
Robyn rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2015
Adelia Gail
Adelia Gail marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Siggie Zaire
Siggie Zaire marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Amy Morah
Amy Morah marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Olayemi
Olayemi marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Stacey
Stacey rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2015
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Maggie Curtis
Maggie Curtis rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2015
Alphonse
Alphonse marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015