Start by marking “The Corpse's Tale” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
The Corpse's Tale

Katherine John

The Corpse's Tale (Detective Trevor Joseph Series #3.5)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A short, fast-paced thriller from Katherine John, the Welsh Queen of Crime.
Published February 14th 2013 by Cheever Publishing (first published May 11th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Corpse's Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Corpse's Tale

Susan Barnes
The Corpse's Tale was an excellent mystery in the quick Reads series. It tells the story of a disabled man, David Morgan who was charged with the murder of Anna Harris – a young attractive drama student. Ten years later David is released from prison still protesting his innocence.

Sergeant Trevor Joseph and his team reopen the case to discover new evidence and wonder why this was not uncovered at the time of David's arrest.

The author, Katherine John does a great job of leaving all the necessary
Fiona
What a good idea are Quick Reads, first of all? I think they're fantastic for getting people reading, good for finding new authors, and excellent when you just want instant gratification in your reading. I went through a spate of reading them a few years back, although I don't very much any more because I find the ones I read just too quick, too easy, with very little depth to them. But reviewing them, I think you need to bear in mind their purpose: they aren't meant to be anything other than ve ...more
Pam
Not as gripping as the other three books, but that could have been, due in part to the awful transfer to digital,lots of words run into each other and all the jumping from large print to small print made for an uncomfortable read, and for me made it hard to concentrate on the story, which was a shame after i'd enjoyed the first three books so much.
Angela
May 06, 2014 Angela marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
I know it's short and I really should have just finished it, but I was too bored. It didn't grip me or make me want to read anymore after the first few pages. On to the next!
Leanne Keenoo
I really loved this short story.
A woman has been murdered and a local man with a learning disability has been imprisoned for the last ten years for her murder.
When he is released the locals torment him and prevent him from carrying on his life even though he has always protested his innocence.
Detectives Joseph and Collins are sent in to investigate and things are not quite as straight forward as the locals would have them believe.
Only a really quick read, think it took me less than two hours and
Maureen Vincent-Northam
A ‘quick read’ whodunit, A Corpse’s Tale was a good story set in Wales. A young man with learning difficulties is sentenced for the murder of a local girl just as she is about to set off on an acting career. Dai serves ten years in prison before being released on appeal though the locals are still certain of his guilt. Enter Sergeants Trevor Joseph and Peter Collins who take on the job of re-opening the case and seeking out new evidence without much co-operation from the villagers.
Lynda
This was a terrific short story, I polished it off in a few hours. The characters rang true, the storyline flowed, basically it had all the right stuff to hold my interest. A great "who really done it" tale.ps I think I got this free from amazon
Jean
Although very short I enjoyed this murder mystery. Set in a village in Wales it is a case of mistaken identity which is solved ten years after the event. Will be reading more of this author.
Lillie
This was an intriguing mystery, but it seemed strange that the whole community would believe Dai capable of murder when they had all had him work for them.
Emma
Quick easy read, I worked out the ending though!
David
A nice quick and easy read.
Carolyn
Carolyn is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Katherine John is a pen name of the author Catrin Collier. She was born and brought up in Pontypridd and worked for a while in Europe and America before returning to her native Wales. She now lives on the Gower Peninsula near Swansea, with her family.
More about Katherine John...
Without Trace A Well-Deserved Murder Midnight Murders (Trevor Joseph Detective Series, #2) Black Daffodil By Any Name