Start by marking “Slightly Scandalous (Bedwyn Saga #3)” as Want to Read:
Slightly Scandalous (Bedwyn Saga #3)

Slightly Scandalous (Bedwyn Saga #3)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  7,586 Ratings  ·  373 Reviews

Meet the Bedwyns…six brothers and sisters—men and women of passion and privilege, daring and sensuality.

Enter their dazzling world of high society and breathtaking seduction…where each will seek love, fight temptation, and court scandal…and where Freyja Bedwyn, the wild-hearted daughter, meets her match in a man as passionate, reckless, and scandalous as she.

Growing up wit

Hardcover, Large Print, 415 pages
Published January 12th 2003 by Center Point (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Slightly Scandalous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slightly Scandalous

Dina
As someone who had been quite happy hating Freyja Bedwyn since meeting her in A Summer to Remember, I have no qualms admitting that I wasn't very thrilled about reading her book. At the same time, I couldn't help feeling some kind of morbid anxiety about it, as I wondered if Ms. Balogh would be able to redeem "lovely" Freyja. So, it was with some trepidation that I started reading Slightly Scandalous...

As the story opens, Freyja has left Lindsey Hall, her older brother Wulf's estate, and is on h
Susana

With all justice, this should probably get a two/ two and a half star rating, but, I did manage to read this in less than a day, so it has to get at least an half star for that reason entirely.

This is what?
The fourth or fifth book I've read by this author, and I still can't say that this is a favourite series.
This was written in 2004 _ I think _ so maybe her latest instalments are better?
I can only wonder.

So far, a pattern seems to exist: I struggle with the beginnings and I end up enjoying t
Caz
Another outstanding performance by Rosalyn Landor bumps this into the 5 star bracket.
Marcia
Jun 09, 2017 Marcia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit, challenges
This historical romance was pretty funny but a little bit too long. i'm not sure I like my protagonists to be quite so headstrong, but it was cute none the less. as far as the historical accuracy, it felt like those details may have been a little loose... so I just be prepared to suspend some disbelief.
Karen
Oct 25, 2009 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-reads
Slightly Scandalous is the third book in the Slightly series by Mary Balogh. We first meet Freyja Bedwyn in A Summer to Remember. I didn't like Freyja in that book. I didn't like any of the Bedwyns, in fact. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed reading Aiden's book Slightly Married and Rannulf's Slightly Wicked. I figured that if MB could turn Rannulf into a sexy, likable hero then I should like Freyja too, right?

Wrong. Freyja Bedwyn was easily one of the worst heroines I have come a
Andrea
If it weren't for the fact that I absolutely love Mary Balogh's writing, I would give this one star for the horrible heroine and awful aunt. But I did like the Bedwyn family overall, I did like the hero. But I'm sorry. I tried to like Freyja, but I just couldn't.
Very early on, she jumps to conclusions, hits the hero on the nose (it's a really annoying habit of hers), and marches off without talking to him. At their next meeting, she causes a huge scene in public and demands he be taken into cus
Kathy
Dec 15, 2015 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this many years ago. Reread recently, and it held up well. But Wulfric Bedwyn in Slightly Dangerous is still my favorite.
Juliana Philippa
The haughty and unusual Freyja meets her match in Joshua, a laughing Adonis

This is a very enjoyable book. The sparring between Freyja and Joshua is wonderful and it's funny seeing her lose her temper with him - sometimes in very public places. They have very different personalities, but complement each other very well and seem destined for one another (and the chemistry between them is great!). One of the highlights is encountering the other members of the Bedwyn family again; they contribute gr
Zoe
Jul 14, 2015 Zoe rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Freyja hater, yep, that's me, guilty as charged.

The rating is not a reflection of Ms. Balogh's writing. This is Freyja hating, plain and simple. My disgust for Freyja runs deep. I read this book many, I repeat, many years ago. And I still remember how disgusted I was by Freyja. This is a 200% personal feeling. I am certain that she would appeal to another group of readers who love her to pieces. I respect that. It is just my feelings are on the other side of the spectrum. She completely destroy
Denise
Aug 16, 2011 Denise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just can't get enough of this Bedwyn family! I was not looking forward to Freyja's story at all, I truly hated her in the other books, although we got to catch glimpses of her in a better light in Slightly Wicked Well we got to know her well enough here that I was able to get over my dislike of her and am now full of appreciation of her spectacular wit! She and Joshua certainly met their match in each other even though they were opposites in many ways. He was described as gorgeous while she i ...more
Bobs (Reader Unbound)
This is the best book in the series if you ask me. It was funny and easy to read, a bit more wicked and passionate then the previous two books. It is simply impossible not to love Freyja - she is independent, clever, spontaneous and a bit bitchy. I found myself laughing non stop throughout the whole book - the way she hit Joshua on several occasions ( and I was like a cheerleader at home shouting "you go girl!" ).
If are a fan or Julia Quinn or Lisa Kleypas and you haven't read this book yet I su
Ira
Feb 19, 2017 Ira rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
3.25 stars.

After boring 25%, the story improved.
But the hero grins too much for my taste and Freyja still a rather silly cow who was grumpy for the whole story. I know that suppose to be her character but don't like it all.
However the storyline is good though and I love Prue too, she is Joshua's cousin, she has a DS, right? Her character made us see the ugly and the good side of Joshua's relatives.

I will love to read Wulf, Morgan and Alleyne's stories too but much later on!:)
Quirky Omega
So good. It gets really dreamy in some instances. Especially when the two characters just can't fight their attraction. I really felt like whistling at them but manners and all that.
Nastassja
Jul 11, 2015 Nastassja rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of "from hate to love" relationship

Slightly Scandalous was delightful and easy read. This book made me laugh a lot. Mary Balogh masterly deliver the story and she is rightfully one of the best writers in historical romance genre.

MCs had an amazing dynamic between them. Their encounters and banters made me laugh joyfully. Very good suited together couple. Lots of fun but also lots of angst and I absolute enjoyed it.

One thing for sure: this book will put a smile on your face and make you relax after a hard working day.

Natalie
"It was the moment at which Freyja realized fully what grave peril she was in. Every minute was revealing more and more of his humanity to her."

I remember halfway reading this book I kept telling other people--- "I really love Freyja! But I need to see more of what Josh really is." Balogh keeps up with the whole "gradual, blink and miss it, growing" kind of love as opposed to sweeping emotions and grand gestures (which I do love too! I love all kinds of love bye) and I really liked it.

I felt li
Sonia189
Feb 07, 2017 Sonia189 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book, not as amazing as the previous one was (to me) but offered interesting elements, especially how wonderful the protagonists were and tried not to be. The best thing? All the family and character's interactions, which really made this book feel alive. :)
Luv
I thought I was gonna enjoy this book but I didn't. The heroine was very unlikable. She described herself as being ugly but it was her personality that I thought was ugly. Not even half way through I was kicking myself for investing my time in this book since I didn't think the heroine deserved the hero.
Susanne
4.5 High Quality Hilarious and Lovely Stars
Mafi
May 31, 2017 Mafi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, pt, 2017
Já não lia nada desta autora desde 2014 e foi muito bom voltar a esta família. Esta autora não é das minhas preferidas dentro deste género mas consegue sempre dar-nos livros bons.

Este é mais um deles, e é um livro 3,5 estrelas.
Alyssia
Dec 19, 2010 Alyssia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I,ve read this book quite a few times and loved it every one of them. When I first picked it up, before I even opened the book or looked at the blurb I wasn't keen on it, the reason being the cover. I HATED IT. OK, most people probably wouldn't have seen the UK cover but in my opinion it was horrible.

So, when I first opened the book I expected it to be a rubbish and a disgrace to regency romance genre since despite the saying don't judge a book by its cover most people (myself included) do. I wa
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 26, 2015 Jacob Proffitt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, steamy
I had been looking forward to Freyja's book with some trepidation; I so wanted it to be good. I liked her independence and sense of fun for what little we see her in the prior two books and I hoped we'd see that expanded on here. This was everything I was looking forward to and more.

Freyja was everything I was looking forward to: confident, assertive, a little wild, and very, very willing to speak up for herself. Her initial meeting with Joshua was everything I hoped for and that she maintained
Wealhtheow
When the man she was in love with is expecting his first child with his new wife, Lady Freyja Bedwyn leaves the neighborhood for Bath. On her way there, Joshua Moore (who has lately inherited the title of Marquess of Hallmere) runs into her bedchamber to escape a pair of blackmailers. Freyja looks at him down her aristocratic (read: gigantic) nose and tells him if he doesn't leave, she'll scream. He mocks her and says she wouldn't dare expose herself to gossip in that way. Freyja promptly scream ...more
Kajol
Of all the books in the series, this book has robbed me of my heart and has become my top favorite of all! Gosh, I am head over ears in love with it!

Lady Frejya Bedwyn, the headstrong, handsome, funny and witty younger sister of the Duke of Bewcastle is not the ordinary polite lady of the ton but someone full of exuberance. I loved her! Riding horse, throwing punches and having fun in the midst of chaos... well, there's no one who does that better.

Joshua Moore, the humorous, fun-loving, caring,
Tishke
My favorite in the series. This was exactly what I wanted and expected for Freyja! She is the most entertaining, unique "leading lady" that I have read about in a regency romance novel. She is not a great beauty and she is haughty, feisty, spoiled, proud and so very complex. She needed a hero like mischievous, handsome Joshua with his twinkling eyes; a man who would laugh at her antics, forcing her to laugh at herself. I believe I fell for both characters when their first meeting occurred, when ...more
Cheryl
Jan 06, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I am flying through this fabulous series... and I'm even reading them back-to-back (which is a huge feat for me, I tend to get bored and want some variety)! THIS book, Freyja Bedwyn's story, was fantastic!! I think it is definitely my favorite of the Bedwyn's so far... and she was the Bedwyn sibling that I liked the least in the beginning! But Freyja and Joshua were hilarious together. Their banter had me in stitches and their passion was all-consuming!

Great book and Great series!! MUST rea
Andreia Silva
Feb 03, 2017 Andreia Silva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eu assim não aguento.. Já vou no 3. casamento desta família. Não há carteira que resista. . :) estou a adorar conhecer a história desta família. Desta vez foi lady freyja bedwin que subiu ao altar. Desejo-lhe as melhores felicidades mi lady..
Oct 31, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
took me long enough to read it, but only because there were other books I've read and liked a little more :)
Patrícia
RATING: 3 stars.

Good read, but little more than that.
Titinha Scaeiro
O livro é simplesmente delicioso e fantástico... :D
Para mim o melhor de todos que li nela... =D
X's & O's Romance...: Romantic Historical Fiction May\June 1 1 Jun 08, 2017 12:44PM
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • The Taming of the Duke (Essex Sisters, #3)
  • Lessons From a Scarlet Lady (Northfield, #1)
  • It Happened One Night
  • In For a Penny
  • Never Deceive a Duke (Neville Family, #2)
  • The Rogue (Liar's Club, #5)
  • The Rake (Davenport, #2)
  • Marrying The Royal Marine (Channel Fleet, #3)
  • The Perfect Waltz (The Merridew Sisters, #2)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)
  • Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany, #2)
Mary Jenkins was born in 1944 in Swansea, Wales, UK. After graduating from university, moved to Saskatchewan, Canada, to teach high school English, on a two-year teaching contract in 1967. She married her Canadian husband, Robert Balogh, and had three children, Jacqueline, Christopher and Sian. When she's not writing, she enjoys reading, music and knitting. She also enjoys watching tennis and curl ...more
More about Mary Balogh...

Bedwyn Saga (6 books)
  • Slightly Married (Bedwyn Saga, #1)
  • Slightly Wicked (Bedwyn Saga, #2)
  • Slightly Tempted (Bedwyn Saga, #4)
  • Slightly Sinful (Bedwyn Saga, #5)
  • Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga, #6)

“There had to be a reason why they were not going to marry. They had both been so adamant about it.
What the devil was the reason?”
10 likes
“I Know what you meant when you told me she was full of love and brimming over with it. And so innocent that one fears for her. Perhaps we ought not to fear for such people but for ourselves whose experience has taught us not to trust one another or life itself.” 2 likes