Start by marking “Innocent Obsession” as Want to Read:
Innocent Obsession

Innocent Obsession

Sylvie reluctantly took Margot's place... — Sylvie's sister, Margot, was determined to become an actress. She refused to live in Greece with her husband, Leon Petronides, and their small son. So Sylvie found herself going to Greece to look after the boy. — The Petronides family was not thrilled with the substitution -- but Sylvie soon won them over, especially Leon. ...more
Hardcover, Large Print; Harlequin Presents #468
Published December 31st 1982 by Chivers Press (first published January 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Innocent Obsession, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Innocent Obsession

Chrisolu
Dec 20, 2011 Chrisolu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sylvie's older sister is an actress. She gets a once in a lifetime opportunity, or so she believes when a role is created for her in a new play. She begs her younger sister to look after her son and husband for a short time while she goes for her dream.

Of course, the sister omitted to tell Sylvie how long she planned to be away and how sick her husband Leon truly is. Sylvie's sister also failed to mention to her brother-in-law Andreas, that Sylvie was returning in her place. When Sylvie approac
Leona
May 23, 2013 Leona rated it liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
This was okay, but definitely not one of my favorites by this author. I didn't care for either the hero or heroine. The heroine was a bit immature, but in her defense she was only 18. The hero, on the other hand, was physically and emotionally disrespectful to the heroine throughout the story. Given that she was only 18, I found it a double whammy against his character.

To me, he was just trash and I see a life of misery for the heroine.

Tia
Aug 13, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
For some reason I really enjoyed this book. Although there was almost nothing to it. It was quite a simplistic story. In the end the only one I felt sorry for was Leon, such a sweet man married to such a selfish bitch. Poor guy!
April Brookshire
Nov 19, 2014 April Brookshire rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
This is definitely one of Anne Mather's better books. Good story, that stretches over about a 6 month time period. But jeez, the hero was so much older than the heroine. Old enough to be her daddy.
Poonam
Apr 22, 2016 Poonam rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
The age gap was nearly twice and at the end h gave up her studies to be with H. Well this was published in 1982 so......
Inori Hardin
Mar 21, 2015 Inori Hardin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anne-mather
"This was not my intention. But you are so - so desirable, you make me do things I know I will regret!"

Hero: Greek businessman, 34 years old, the heroine's sister's brother-in-law
Heroine: Incoming university student, 18 years old, was coerced by her sister to be nursemaid to her son

The catch: Heroine's sister did not tell the whole truth about her family's situation before she sent her sister to Greece. Despite this she and her brother-in-law, who also happens to be the hero's brother, get along
Doreen
Doreen rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2012
Karina Kozubik
Karina Kozubik rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Elena Ntzouni
Elena Ntzouni rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2014
Annarose
Annarose rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Francis
Francis rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2013
Theo
Theo rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2014
Mariam Abdelalim
Mariam Abdelalim rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2013
Vashti
Vashti rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2010
MissKitty
MissKitty rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Kalpana
Kalpana rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2009
Sarah rated it liked it
May 11, 2014
Vintage
Vintage rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2016
Khothy
Khothy rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Chandra Kant
Chandra Kant rated it did not like it
Mar 20, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2011
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2013
Karen Cote'
Karen Cote' rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2011
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2011
Tina Collins
Tina Collins rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Anne Ivory
Anne Ivory rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2012
Lucimar
Lucimar rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2013
Ghada
Ghada rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Ashima
Ashima rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Mildred Grieveson was born on October 10, 1946 in England. She had writtenall through her infant and junior years and on into her teens, the storieschanging from children's adventures to torrid gypsy passions. Her motherused to gather these up from time to time, when her bedroom became toountidy, and dispose of them!

Mildred has always wanted to write - which is not to say she has alwayswanted to b
More about Anne Mather...