Start by marking “Time After Time (Time Between Us, #2)” as Want to Read:
Time After Time (Time Between Us, #2)

Read Excerpt

Time After Time (Time Between Us #2)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,920 Ratings  ·  376 Reviews
Calling Anna and Bennett’s romance long distance is an understatement: she’s from 1995 Chicago and he’s a time traveler from 2012 San Francisco. The two of them never should have met, but they did. They fell in love, even though they knew they shouldn't. And they found a way to stay together, against all odds.

It’s not a perfect arrangement, though, with Bennett unable to
Published October 8th 2013 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Time After Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time After Time

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Mar 19, 2014 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of love stories done right.
Newsflash : Stacia actually gives a damn.

Not long ago, I noticed that the amount of books I'd given 1 star ratings to had eclipsed the amount of books I'd given 5 star ratings to. There was something about this shift which bothered me. Had I truly become so jaded by reading that I'd somehow completely forgotten how to fall in love with books?

Today, I realized that this isn't the case. It's nice to be reminded that I can fall hard for a book after having a long, dry spell.

The feels were all
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Oct 15, 2013 Tiff at Mostly YA Lit rated it really liked it
Last year, I read and adored Time Between Us - I thought it went where The Time Traveler's Wife didn't with the time travel bit, and the romance was incredibly swoony.

I'm happy to report that Time After Time is JUST as swoony and as unputdownable as Time Between Us. I slipped effortlessly back into Anna and Bennett's story, I was completely invested in their relationship - and the messiness of having a relationship with someone who's essentially long-distance and who you can't always count on.

To
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
description

I don't know how Tamara does it, but her book just keeps getting better and better. I'm in love with everything about this sequel. It is true. That is a 5 star rating you are seeing. I was thinking while I'm writing this review that maybe 5 star is being too generous. So I started skimming the book again and the feels you know? It just hit me. 78889-how-do-I-words-gif-I-cant-cont-jsEH And it just keeps hitting me.. also, after finishing the book, I was satisfied. Contented. And just so darn pleased. I don't want to spoil anyone so I'
Jessica's Book Review
Oct 14, 2013 Jessica's Book Review rated it really liked it
You can read more of my reviews at Jessica's Book Review

Time After Time is the second book in the Time Between Us series by Tamara Ireland Stone. If you have not heard of this adorable, Young Adult series before you are in for a real treat! I fell in love with the characters Bennett and Anna immediately and their story of time travel and truly having a LONG distance relationship draws you in. As you read you have no idea how a 17 year-old boy living in 2012 could keep his relationship alive with
Ariana
Mar 20, 2015 Ariana rated it really liked it

So this is how heroes are born… From the need to do something good with their abilities, from the pressure that comes from seeing what sorts of bad things happen to the people around them, from the need to rewrite a story that does not end happily…

We met Bennett in Time Between Us. He was full of insecurities back then, having life throw him into a past he wanted so badly to be his present.

Now we get to know him better. To understand him a lot more.
Now we learn about all the questions that does
Markéta
Nov 17, 2015 Markéta rated it liked it
3 stars!***

This time it's told only from Bennett's POV and the story continues after Time Between Us ended. It jumps between 2012 and 1995 as Bennett travels in time.

I was bit bored. Being in Bennett's head just wasn't as entertraining as being inside Anna's head. He was whiny, moody and indecisive. What the hell happened to him? He was so cool in the previous book and now he turned this creature that is plainly annoying.

The plot was filled with a lot of fillers - there were several stories that
Stacee
Just absolutely phenomenal. I don't even have words for it. It was heartbreaking and funny and has such a perfect ending.

I'd like to say there's a review to come, but I'm not sure I'll ever be coherent enough to provide one.
Drew Tuá
Apr 26, 2015 Drew Tuá rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-shelf, 2015
Pues ya he acabado esta bilogia.
Me ha gustado, pero el final me ha dejado un poco fría, me esperaba que fuera más realista.
Bennett me encanta jo <3
Is
Mar 11, 2013 Is marked it as to-read

I thought it was a stand-alone novel, but I will take it. Hopefully, they won't be torn apart

Jaime Arkin
I was so incredibly excited when I found out that there would be a book 2 to Time Between Us, so when I noticed Time After Time was up at Netgalley I hit 'request' and patiently stared at my inbox. I had to know what the future held for Anna and Bennett and Tamara Ireland Stone did not disappoint.

In Time After Time Anna and Bennett have committed to a relationship with each other, even though it seems as though it would be impossible. They've scheduled when he will be there for her... dances an
May
Mar 15, 2015 May rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estantería
Una y otra vez es la secuela de El tiempo entre nosotros, una secuela que continúa una historia bonita y sencilla. El tiempo entre nosotros fue una novela que me encantó, que me dejó con ganas de más y que me caló por completo. Una y otra vez es una secuela que sigue muy en la línea de su primera parte y que es tan bonita y sencilla como la misma.
La trama de Una y otra vez es muy parecida a la de El tiempo entre nosotros, es sencilla, bonita y está cargada de viajes en el tiempo. Sin duda lo más
Mitchii
I must say that I completely enjoy Time After Time than Time Between Us . I think I have a better connection with Bennett’s character which is probably because it made me understand his situation and the emotions behind his ability. In an outsider perspective it looks amazing to have a power like that but there's an accompanying burden of possessing such. So reading it in Bennett’s perspective made me understand his entire situation. It wasn’t easy hoping from one time period to another. It’s ...more
Celeste_pewter
Jun 15, 2013 Celeste_pewter rated it it was amazing
Molli Moran
I have to wait until OCTOBER to read this?

Okay well if anyone needs me, I'll be staring at THAT COVER until October.

___

Initial review after reading an e-arc, graciously provided by Disney/Hyperion...

TIME AFTER TIME is just as moving, deeply romantic, and emotional as TIME BETWEEN US. I felt so much reading TIME AFTER TIME: hopeful, angry, sad, and joyous. I can't wait for the rest of the world to read it and fall back in love with Bennett and Anna.

(Full review coming in October.)
Mary Rose
Dec 27, 2015 Mary Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Nuevamente Ireland Stone me ha vuelto a fascinar y a enamorar con Una y otra vez, la conocida continuación que cierra la historia que empezó en El tiempo entre nosotros. Me acuerdo que hace más de un año había dicho que tal vez no tenía sentido que la autora hubiera escrito una segunda parte de la historia porque el primer libro terminaba con un final cerrado y también de que en el primer libro falta ese “algo” para cerrar definitivamente la historia de Anna y Bennet. ¿Saben qué? Ese “algo” fue ...more
Jasprit
With the way things ended in Time Between us I thought things would be a lot easier for Anna and Bennett in Time After Time. They had both been through so much heartbreak, that I was hoping that they would finally get the happy ending that they both deserved. But I guess that living in different times wouldn’t mean the easiest of relationships.

This time around in Time After Time we got our pov from Bennett. I adored Bennett in Time Between Us, but it took me a really long time to get used to rea
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
Jul 21, 2013 Christina (Ensconced in Lit) rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

The first book, Time Between Us, was one of my favorite reads in the past year. It was lyrical, beautifully written, and masterfully crafted. This follow up takes place soon after the end of the first book. This time it's from the perspective of Bennett and how he comes to turn with his power-- what if it stops working and he can't make his way back to Anna? What if he can change the future-- will he do it? Should he
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Time Between Us was one of the first time travel stories that I've read and as such will always have a special place in my heart. After reading it I had mixed feelings about the sequel but then it showed up on Netgalley and I decided to try it out. I took it as a gamble and it really was.

I was back with Bennett a boy that managed to swipe me off my feat with his gentleness and desire to fight the universe to be where he wanted to be. Then there was Anna, a g
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
Time After Time is deeper, more heart-tugging and more romantic in a unique kind of way. Despite the little loop holes I noticed on the first book Time Between Us, my overall fondness for that book outweighs it.

Anna and Bennett has the most screwed up long-distance relationship.
Because Bennett lives in the year 2012 while Anna in 1995.

I can’t say that I missed this couple coz I read their book back to back but to have an extended experience of their story got me feeling ecstatic. The thing abo
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
From the minute I found out about Time After Time I knew I had to read it. I loved Time Between Us and I couldn't wait to see Bennett's point of view.
Time After Time starts with Bennett in his own time, preparing for a 'camping trip' and making plans to go back and see Anna. They make arrangements for him to visit her at certain times that are important to her, prom, races, parties. If you have read Time Between Us then you know it's not as easy as it seems,and this due have not had an easy rela
Liza Wiemer
Aug 11, 2013 Liza Wiemer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, net-galley
Tamara Ireland Stone does it again! Time travel perfection.

I loved TIME AFTER TIME. Even when my heart ached for Bennett and Anna. Tamara does an extraordinary job wrenching your heart out of you chest and then putting it back in again, and you'll love every minute of it. She doesn't make it easy for Bennett and Anna. After all, Anna's living in 1995 and Bennett's living in 2012. Is it possible to really maintain a relationship when two people live during two different decades? Bennett's under a
Flor
Gracias a Ediciones B por el ejemplar.

Sí, bueno. Estuvo bien y agradezco que la autora no la haya mariconeado como Gayle Forman hace SIEMPRE con sus segundas partes... pero ese final es el que justamente no debía tener y, para ser sincera, hasta la mitad estuvo bien... hasta que el amor opacó todo lo que venía pasando. Yeah well. Reseña pendienttttttttte.
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
More of the same goodness I fell for in Time Between Us, just told from Bennett's perspective this time. Bennett and Anna have a lot to overcome, and if possible, things seem even more impossible from Bennett's vantage point. Here he is, with the power to see into Anna's future, wondering if he's throwing it all off course. Wishing he could give everyone a second chance. Hurting himself in the process.

I'm usually not a fan of the point-of-view switch in a sequel, but it actually works out really
Nara
Apr 25, 2015 Nara rated it liked it
I definitely feel like this duology could have ended with book one, and I would have been satisfied. This book just dragged out that little bit too much, with the same conflicts repeated over and over.

As always, the saving grace was how fantastic the characters were. Very realistic and relatable, with a romance you're definitely rooting for.

Ratings
Overall: 7/10
Plot: 3/5
Romance: 4/5
Writing: 3.5/5
Characters: 4/5
Cover: 2/5
Jules Goud
A lovely little romance that has the perfect ending for readers.

I loved the fact that this book was in Bennett's perspective. It kept this novel interesting. Instead of going through the same things with Anna, we get to see how Bennett deals with all of this. And, boy, does he deal with it differently.

Instead of being open with his family about it, he hides Anna away. He has much more pain with coming back to his present time. He also has to deal with the fact that he could fix things and yet, h
Serban Georgiana
Este foarte greu sa menti spectaculozitatea unei carti atunci cand te hotatrasti sa scri un al doi-lea volum.Este un risc pe care toti autorii si-l asuma .Multi reusesc ,dar sunt si esecuri.
Din punctul meu de vedere Time after time se incadraza in categoria esecurilor.
Nu spun ca este un esec total,dar odata cu lipsa elementului spectaculos , povestea devine din ce in ce mai plictisitoare.
Primul volum mi-a placut mai mult,si poate ca autoarea ar fi trebuit sa-i faca alt final,daca tot era hotarat
shady boots
Nov 15, 2014 shady boots marked it as series-lost-interest
At first I thought a sequel wouldn't be necessary, cause I thought Time Between Us would have been fine as a standalone. But then I saw that this is from Bennett's POV and for that fact alone I'm really excited for it.
Liana
Feb 24, 2013 Liana marked it as to-read
HOLY HELL THERE'S A SEQUEL WTF WTF WTF YES YES YES
Rebecca Berto
Jun 06, 2015 Rebecca Berto rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! It's been a long time since I read the first book, perhaps years. It's saying something when overall I slipped right back into this sequel. I usually forget a lot if too much time passes between books in a series.

When you read as many books as people like I do (in this book community) you can get a bit jaded. Sometimes characters and storylines aren't what they used to be. But I can say in full wonder and excitement that this book was *fresh*. No whiny female main character. No as
  • Another Little Piece of My Heart
  • Intuition (Transcendence, #2)
  • Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)
  • That One Summer (Summer, #3)
  • Twist (Loop, #2)
  • The Truth About You and Me
  • Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions, #2)
  • Parallel
  • Chaos (Unhinged, #3)
  • Game On (The Academy, #1)
  • Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2)
  • Vortex (Tempest, #2)
  • Leap of Faith
  • When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
  • Waiting for the Storm (Angel Island, #1)
  • Baygirl
  • My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #1)
  • Nantucket Red (Nantucket, #2)
TAMARA IRELAND STONE is the author of the New York Times bestseller, EVERY LAST WORD, a story about a teen with OCD who discovers a secret poetry club that changes her life in unexpected ways.

Stone is also the author of TIME BETWEEN US, which has been published in over twenty countries, and its companion novel, TIME AFTER TIME. The series follows a teen time traveler from present day and a girl in
More about Tamara Ireland Stone...

Time Between Us (2 books)
  • Time Between Us (Time Between Us, #1)

“And suddenly, she stops moving and looks straight at me. "I'm in love with everything about you".
Her words make me suck in my breath, and when I look into her eyes, I see something I haven't noticed in a while—this look of pure understanding that reminds me why I told her my secret in the first place. That sense of wonder, how she looked at me like she couldn't know me well enough.”
9 likes
“It's always harder to be the one who's left behind than the one who leaves.” 2 likes