Start by marking “Bucket Filling from A to Z: The Key to Being Happy” as Want to Read:
Bucket Filling from A to Z: The Key to Being Happy

Bucket Filling from A to Z: The Key to Being Happy

This award-winning book uses the letters of the alphabet to help young and old see the many, simple ways that they can fill buckets and fill their own buckets in return. When you help children become bucket fillers, you give them the key to happiness...for it is in friendship, love, and good will to others that we are truly happy. Yes, bucket filling is the moment by ...more
Published August 1st 2013 by Bucket Fillers (first published April 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bucket Filling from A to Z, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bucket Filling from A to Z

Vera Godley
Aug 02, 2016 Vera Godley rated it it was amazing
Very early on in a young child's development, they start learning their ABC's and there is a bounty of different books available that will help teach them as well as entertain. With Bucket Filling from A to Z the child is taken through an energetic rendering of each of the letters beautifully and joyfully illustrated by Glenn Zimmer. They learn how to fill their own buckets and the buckets of others by their acts of love and kindness. They learn, too, that being ugly and mean or bullying result ...more
Andrea
Oct 22, 2016 Andrea rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Original Summary:
This book gives great reminders on how to be a bucket filler. It shows us how to be good friend and to notice when other people are not. We should always remember to be a bucket filler because you never know how many bucket spillers there are.

Activity:
For a whole class activity to help the students better understand what you can do to be a bucket filler, put a bucket/ basket in the front of the classroom. Whenever the teacher sees or hears about a students being a bucket fille
Tricia Douglas
I have read many "bucket filling" books for children and this one by Carol McCloud is one of the best. I guess I like this one because through the ABCs specific ideas for making yourself and others happy are described. It's easy to read with fun illustrations. As an example: I is for INVITE. Invite someone who's new to join in all the fun. A great book for a classroom project.
Rosie
Oct 28, 2016 Rosie rated it it was amazing
Goodreads winner.
A creative way to teach children that acts of kindness and good deeds are the keys to happiness for themselves and making others happy. Besides the bigger lesson of being happy the book also utilizes a unique way of learning the alphabet. Every letter has a dedicated page with illustrations that are colorful and expressive.
Cheryl
Oct 31, 2016 Cheryl rated it really liked it
I won this book on Goodreads. It is a children's picture book with a way to be happy for every letter of the alphabet. Bright, pretty pictures and good ideas for things children can do to make themselves and others happy.
Amy Timmerman
1. (show students an example of an acrostic poem) “Do you know what this is called?” (student response) “This is called an acrostic poem. I have come up with a word for each letter in our word. Today I am going to read you a story called Bucket Filling from A to Z. Each letter of the alphabet is going to tell a way to fill someone’s bucket, which is kind of similar to our acrostic poem. Lets use our background knowledge of bucket filling and create a list of ways to fill others buckets and see ...more
Westminster Library
Mar 28, 2016 Westminster Library added it
Recommends it for: Dr. Seuss fans
Shelves: debbra
A very impressive book! The language takes me back to a Dr. Seuss’ books. The message is something every person could use to improve their quality of life.

Find Bucket Filling from A to Z at Westminster Public Library today!

This reminds me of the joy of reading Dr. Seuss titles with the snappy language and rhyming. I enjoyed the stories and artwork. I had a great deal of fun reading these books out loud to my daughter.
Dena (Batch of Books)
Dec 19, 2014 Dena (Batch of Books) rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This is the ABCs of kindness. Each letter is dedicated to a different way you can fill a bucket and be happy. G is for give, R is for respect, and so on. I really liked the things the authors came up with to fill the alphabet. It works well with the theme and teaches kids good qualities and positive traits. It's a wonderful companion book to the other bucket books.

My blog: Batch of Books
Dawn Wynne
Nov 29, 2015 Dawn Wynne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Cute book to teach children about "bucket filling." For teachers and parents who want to promote self esteem, confidence, and caring children. Told through rhymes from A-Z, this book would be great for pre-K and kindergarten.
Kaylee Warzecha
Nov 18, 2014 Kaylee Warzecha rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
A cute way to explain to children the idea of love banks (buckets). Gives examples of how to encourage and love others.
Leslie Fisher
Mar 25, 2015 Leslie Fisher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Great message, but some of the rhymes sounded a little forced, otherwise this would have been a 5-star book.
Judy
Mar 25, 2014 Judy rated it it was amazing
I thought the pictures were nice and bright. A great story to remind children to follow rules and be kind and respectful to others!
Shasta
May 17, 2016 Shasta rated it it was amazing
Bought this to go with the book Have You Filled a Bucket Today. Thinking about ways to use each letter with my Faith Friends at work.
Thuy Nguyen
Thuy Nguyen rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Laura Pierce
Laura Pierce rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2014
Jackie Morris
Jackie Morris rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2016
Erika Jayne
Erika Jayne rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2014
Ashleigh
Ashleigh rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Allyson Maclay
Allyson Maclay rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2016
Marie Jean Davis
Marie Jean Davis rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2015
Allison
Allison rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2014
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Kazumi Kikuno
Kazumi Kikuno rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2014
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2013
Mandy O'dell jones
Mandy O'dell jones rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Eric Coulbourne
Eric Coulbourne rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Cara Viripaeff
Cara Viripaeff rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Jessica Doran
Jessica Doran rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Kelley
Kelley rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2015