Start by marking “Lumby's Bounty (Lumby, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lumby's Bounty (Lumby, #3)

Lumby's Bounty (Lumby #3)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  291 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Tucked into the foothills of the Rockies lies the charming village of Lumby, where quirky but tolerant townsfolk usually make the best of any situation. Not a week goes by without some humorous mayhem occurring under the watchful eyes of the mayor, sheriff, and, of course, the town mascot, Hank, a pink flamingo who thinks he's a bald eagle...

How Lumby has come to host a
Published January 2nd 2008 by NAL

To ask other readers questions about Lumby's Bounty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lumby's Bounty

Angela
The delightful residents of Lumby are back for another adventure in Lumby's Bounty, the third book in Gail Fraser's Lumby series. This time Brian Beezer has managed to sign Lumby up to host a hot-air balloon festival despite the facts that the town doesn't have enough room to house all the attendees and they know nothing of how to build or pilot the lead balloon. Add in a construction project at the Montis Inn, an influx of seekers at Saint Cross Abbey, and a bit of romance and the sleepy little ...more
This is the third book in Fraser's Lumby series, and it continues to give the reader a hilarious glimpse of life in the small town of Lumby. The usual suspects are back: the Walkers, the monks of the abbey, Joshua and Brooke; these characters are the main cast in every book so far. They are involved with whatever the main event of the story is. The event, in this case a hot air balloon festival, also brings in other Lumby residents or visitors to the story. So in case you are wondering whether y ...more
Teri
Lumby's Bounty by Gail Fraser

In this third Lumby tale, we see the residents of Lumby pulling together to ready the town for their first ever Hot Air Balloon Festival. Mark Walker, owner of Montis Inn, who has never before built anything like a Hot Air Balloon, goes about b uilding a prototype for Lumby as the host town. When they get the two Indonesian brothers, Kai and Jamar, who are staying at the monastery, to help with the building of a bigger balloon, the residents find they have more than
Lydia Presley
In Lumby's Bounty, Gail Fraser finally began to make her way back to the charm I fell in love with in The Lumby Lines. Things are back to normal in Lumby - well, as close to normal as they can possibly be.

There were several things I enjoyed seeing in this book - the first being the evolution of Brian Beezer, one of the teenagers who causes so much trouble in the first two books. It was good to see his character emerge and the small story-line with him "trading up" was cute and made me giggle a f
Paula Ratcliffe
When Brian Beezer decides to enter Lumby into a Balloon festival while his heart is in the right place, he know next to nothing about the details. The Mayor decides instead of trying to back out and going broke in the process the best thing to do is to learn about balloon flying and make their own balloon. The monks at the Abbey are being over run with seekers, who aren't necessarily seeking anything other than free meals and lodging. The towns folk learn to lean on each other and utilize skills ...more
Linda
Gail Fraser I sure hope there will be more Lumby books, I have so enjoyed reading them and getting to know the characters. You have done an awesome job. Please say there will be more.
Marti
This is just a delightful book to read! THere is no murder, no dastardly characters, just a town going about its everyday life--until some teenagers sign it up for a hot air balloon festival. Then we see how various people can work together to actually make one, and host other balloonists as well. Complicating things are two brothers from Indonesia who are in residence at the monastery, with plans to become monks. The characters are memorable--I liked Howard the moose, who seemed to get into tro ...more
Stitchywoman
Better then the second book in the series and as good as the first. All the familiar characters are back. It's a small quirky town with no basis in reality so don't read this series if you're looking for quaint true to life stories about small town life.
Mary
This was a cute book and a light read.

Some of the antics and dialogue were a smidge too contrived for my taste. But some of them were just odd enough that they could really happen - those were the ones that made me chuckle.

Loved the image of the hot air ballons flying over the small town but wasn't that interested in some of the details she provided. But this is my favorite series so far. The humor reminds me of Lake Wobegon and I love the monks.
Toni
If you enjoy the Mitford series by Jan Karon or Pontoon by Garrison Keillor , you will like this book about the small town of Lumby and its inhabitants. This is the third in the series. Very enjoyable.
Julie
Apr 12, 2008 Julie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Julie by: mom
This is the third in this series. All three have been so funny! I especially love the Lumby Lines. No swearing, nothing to complain about. I highly reccomend for a good light hearted read.
Martha Davis
The hits keep coming. Everything about this series makes me happy. The characters all have a way of coming around to being the good, caring, yet amazingly quirky people you hoped they would become.
Kw
The characters make these books so much fun. If I had to live in the northwest, I'd certainly want to be near Lumby! These are best read in sequence, as the character's lives progress.
Susan Abbott
Another of my series reads. I did enjoy it. I particularly like the author's story actually. She lived the corporate life for many years and now is writing full time.
Rebecca
I would say this is more like 3.5 stars. It was the best of the series for me. There was more of a story-line and I enjoyed reading about this quirky little town.
John
This third book in the Lumby series continues to follow the characters as the town hosts a hot air balloon festival and certain citizens come into their own.
Peg
description: sweet/sacharine tale of small town life. Reminded me of Jan Karon's series about Mitford. Light read picked at random from library shelves.
Jessica
I am glad I decided to finish the series of these. They have a little bit of mystery, a little bit of romance and a lot of comedy.
Lydia
A fun series. This Lumby book is about building a hot-air balloon for a competition. All the same fun characters plus a few new ones.
Kathy
It was good for me for now, because I needed something really light. You will find characters here that you know or have met.
Tonya
Jan 09, 2013 Tonya added it
Always enjoyable. The town and characters of Lumby continue to delight. I would move tomorrow if this town really existed.
Marcia Harbour
I loved this story. Did not realize there was a series. I guess I need to now go back and read the first books.
Joann
I love these books but they maybe a little to sleepy for some. Very similar to Jan Karon's books.
Gerry
I'm really enjoying this series.

This one has positive messages about being yourself!
Jay
Jan 29, 2014 Jay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fiction
Enjoyable. Quaint small town, if you liked Mitford you'll enjoy Lumby.
Carol
Not quite as funny as the other Lumby books, but entertaining nevertheless.
Tiffany
I liked this one better than the last. Very good.
Nancy
I continue to enjoy this series.
Elaine
Jun 15, 2009 Elaine added it

• Hope Springs (Hope Springs #2)
  • The Three Mrs. Parkers
  • Life's Little Annoyances: True Tales of People Who Just Can't Take It Anymore
  • Aprons on a Clothesline
  • Liquid Smoke (Noah Braddock, #3)
  • Signs and Wonders: A Harmony Novel (Harmony, #3)
  • Sand in My Eyes
  • Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories Volume One (Bedtime Stories, #1)
  • A Miracle for St. Cecilia's
  • The Apprenticeship of Lucas Whitaker
  • Celebrity Chekhov: Stories by Anton Chekhov
  • Dearest Dorothy, Slow Down, You're Wearing Us Out! (Dearest Dorothy, #2)
  • Riding the Pony Express
  • Do-Over!: In Which a Forty-Eight-Year-Old Father of Three Returns to Kindergarten, Summer Camp, the Prom, and Other Embarrassments
  • Planning to Live (Toronto, #3)

Lumby (5 books)
  • The Lumby Lines (Lumby, #1)
  • Stealing Lumby (Lumby, #2)
  • The Promise of Lumby (Lumby, #4)
  • Lumby on the Air (Lumby, #5)
The Lumby Lines (Lumby, #1) Stealing Lumby (Lumby, #2) The Promise of Lumby (Lumby, #4) Lumby on the Air (Lumby, #5) Finding Happiness in Simplicity: Everyday Joys for Simple Living throughout the Year