Start by marking “Lumby's Bounty (Lumby, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lumby's Bounty (Lumby, #3)

Lumby's Bounty (Lumby #3)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  328 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Tucked into the foothills of the Rockies lies the charming village of Lumby, where quirky but tolerant townsfolk usually make the best of any situation. Not a week goes by without some humorous mayhem occurring under the watchful eyes of the mayor, sheriff, and, of course, the town mascot, Hank, a pink flamingo who thinks he's a bald eagle...

How Lumby has come to host a
Published January 2nd 2008 by NAL

To ask other readers questions about Lumby's Bounty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lumby's Bounty

Angela
Jul 14, 2010 Angela rated it it was amazing
The delightful residents of Lumby are back for another adventure in Lumby's Bounty, the third book in Gail Fraser's Lumby series. This time Brian Beezer has managed to sign Lumby up to host a hot-air balloon festival despite the facts that the town doesn't have enough room to house all the attendees and they know nothing of how to build or pilot the lead balloon. Add in a construction project at the Montis Inn, an influx of seekers at Saint Cross Abbey, and a bit of romance and the sleepy little ...more
Aug 12, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it
This is the third book in Fraser's Lumby series, and it continues to give the reader a hilarious glimpse of life in the small town of Lumby. The usual suspects are back: the Walkers, the monks of the abbey, Joshua and Brooke; these characters are the main cast in every book so far. They are involved with whatever the main event of the story is. The event, in this case a hot air balloon festival, also brings in other Lumby residents or visitors to the story. So in case you are wondering whether y ...more
Teri
Jun 30, 2009 Teri rated it it was amazing
Lumby's Bounty by Gail Fraser

In this third Lumby tale, we see the residents of Lumby pulling together to ready the town for their first ever Hot Air Balloon Festival. Mark Walker, owner of Montis Inn, who has never before built anything like a Hot Air Balloon, goes about b uilding a prototype for Lumby as the host town. When they get the two Indonesian brothers, Kai and Jamar, who are staying at the monastery, to help with the building of a bigger balloon, the residents find they have more than
Lydia Presley
Jun 27, 2010 Lydia Presley rated it liked it
Shelves: comedy, 2010, cozy
In Lumby's Bounty, Gail Fraser finally began to make her way back to the charm I fell in love with in The Lumby Lines. Things are back to normal in Lumby - well, as close to normal as they can possibly be.

There were several things I enjoyed seeing in this book - the first being the evolution of Brian Beezer, one of the teenagers who causes so much trouble in the first two books. It was good to see his character emerge and the small story-line with him "trading up" was cute and made me giggle a f
Paula Ratcliffe
Dec 19, 2014 Paula Ratcliffe rated it it was amazing
When Brian Beezer decides to enter Lumby into a Balloon festival while his heart is in the right place, he know next to nothing about the details. The Mayor decides instead of trying to back out and going broke in the process the best thing to do is to learn about balloon flying and make their own balloon. The monks at the Abbey are being over run with seekers, who aren't necessarily seeking anything other than free meals and lodging. The towns folk learn to lean on each other and utilize skills ...more
Linda
Mar 08, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
Gail Fraser I sure hope there will be more Lumby books, I have so enjoyed reading them and getting to know the characters. You have done an awesome job. Please say there will be more.
Marti
Sep 23, 2013 Marti rated it liked it
This is just a delightful book to read! THere is no murder, no dastardly characters, just a town going about its everyday life--until some teenagers sign it up for a hot air balloon festival. Then we see how various people can work together to actually make one, and host other balloonists as well. Complicating things are two brothers from Indonesia who are in residence at the monastery, with plans to become monks. The characters are memorable--I liked Howard the moose, who seemed to get into tro ...more
Stitchywoman
Feb 16, 2010 Stitchywoman rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Better then the second book in the series and as good as the first. All the familiar characters are back. It's a small quirky town with no basis in reality so don't read this series if you're looking for quaint true to life stories about small town life.
Mary
Jun 28, 2011 Mary rated it liked it
This was a cute book and a light read.

Some of the antics and dialogue were a smidge too contrived for my taste. But some of them were just odd enough that they could really happen - those were the ones that made me chuckle.

Jan 13, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Loved the image of the hot air ballons flying over the small town but wasn't that interested in some of the details she provided. But this is my favorite series so far. The humor reminds me of Lake Wobegon and I love the monks.
Toni
Oct 21, 2009 Toni rated it liked it
If you enjoy the Mitford series by Jan Karon or Pontoon by Garrison Keillor , you will like this book about the small town of Lumby and its inhabitants. This is the third in the series. Very enjoyable.
Julie
Apr 12, 2008 Julie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Julie by: mom
This is the third in this series. All three have been so funny! I especially love the Lumby Lines. No swearing, nothing to complain about. I highly reccomend for a good light hearted read.
Martha Davis
Mar 17, 2010 Martha Davis rated it really liked it
The hits keep coming. Everything about this series makes me happy. The characters all have a way of coming around to being the good, caring, yet amazingly quirky people you hoped they would become.
Kw
Jul 17, 2012 Kw rated it really liked it
The characters make these books so much fun. If I had to live in the northwest, I'd certainly want to be near Lumby! These are best read in sequence, as the character's lives progress.
Susan Abbott
Aug 19, 2008 Susan Abbott rated it liked it
Another of my series reads. I did enjoy it. I particularly like the author's story actually. She lived the corporate life for many years and now is writing full time.
Rebecca
May 22, 2009 Rebecca rated it liked it
I would say this is more like 3.5 stars. It was the best of the series for me. There was more of a story-line and I enjoyed reading about this quirky little town.
John
Jun 11, 2008 John rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-fiction
This third book in the Lumby series continues to follow the characters as the town hosts a hot air balloon festival and certain citizens come into their own.
Peg
Jan 23, 2008 Peg rated it it was ok
description: sweet/sacharine tale of small town life. Reminded me of Jan Karon's series about Mitford. Light read picked at random from library shelves.
Jessica
Jul 30, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
I am glad I decided to finish the series of these. They have a little bit of mystery, a little bit of romance and a lot of comedy.
Lydia
Dec 03, 2008 Lydia rated it really liked it
A fun series. This Lumby book is about building a hot-air balloon for a competition. All the same fun characters plus a few new ones.
Kathy
Feb 17, 2009 Kathy rated it liked it
It was good for me for now, because I needed something really light. You will find characters here that you know or have met.
Tonya
Jan 09, 2013 Tonya added it
Always enjoyable. The town and characters of Lumby continue to delight. I would move tomorrow if this town really existed.
Marcia Harbour
Feb 19, 2013 Marcia Harbour rated it really liked it
I loved this story. Did not realize there was a series. I guess I need to now go back and read the first books.
Joann
Jun 12, 2012 Joann rated it really liked it
Shelves:
I love these books but they maybe a little to sleepy for some. Very similar to Jan Karon's books.
Gerry
Sep 01, 2010 Gerry rated it it was amazing
I'm really enjoying this series.

This one has positive messages about being yourself!
Jay
Jan 29, 2014 Jay rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Enjoyable. Quaint small town, if you liked Mitford you'll enjoy Lumby.
Carol
Mar 12, 2009 Carol rated it really liked it
Not quite as funny as the other Lumby books, but entertaining nevertheless.
Tiffany
Feb 17, 2011 Tiffany rated it really liked it
I liked this one better than the last. Very good.
Nancy
Oct 19, 2008 Nancy rated it really liked it
I continue to enjoy this series.
Elaine
Jun 15, 2009 Elaine added it

• Hope Springs (Hope Springs #2)
  • Song Of The Orange Moons
  • A Gathering of Angels
  • Promises of Change  (Ladies of Covington, #8)
  • Celebrity Chekhov: Stories by Anton Chekhov
  • The Apprenticeship of Lucas Whitaker
  • Aprons on a Clothesline
  • Life's Little Annoyances: True Tales of People Who Just Can't Take It Anymore
  • Planning to Live (Toronto, #3)
  • Signs and Wonders (Harmony, #3)
  • Dearest Dorothy, Merry Everything! (Dearest Dorothy, #5)
  • Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories Volume One (Bedtime Stories, #1)
  • Do-Over!: In Which a Forty-Eight-Year-Old Father of Three Returns to Kindergarten, Summer Camp, the Prom, and Other Embarrassments
  • Liquid Smoke (Noah Braddock, #3)

Lumby (5 books)
  • The Lumby Lines (Lumby, #1)
  • Stealing Lumby (Lumby, #2)
  • The Promise of Lumby (Lumby, #4)
  • Lumby on the Air (Lumby, #5)