Start by marking “The Trial (Turned, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Trial (Turned, #1)

The Trial (Turned #1)

Drake Ruger is a vampire Czar which basically means his family is indestructible. He loves a human named Amalie and all he wants is to spend the rest of their lives together. But his brother Emmet isn’t the brother Drake thinks he is. Follow Drake as he gets caught in a web of hunters and necromancers to get where he wants.
Published January 23rd 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Trial, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trial

Jacquelyn Smith
Jan 13, 2013 Jacquelyn Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone and my sister
Recommended to Jacquelyn by: goodreade
Shelves: r2r
Ms Khan takes you inside the world and the minds of each characters.

It made me feel like I was there part of the heartbreak, pain and the mind trips.
Each hunter had their own story.

Axl with his problems with Eli, and what do Eli really wants with Adam?
What is Adam's father hiding about the night his wife die?

This was an amazing book that makes me wants to follows this wholes series.
And to get a copy for my sister.....this is a real page turner
D.R. Racey
Jan 21, 2013 D.R. Racey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Damned is a paranormal action/horror novel featuring vampires, a necromancer and his followers, and a group of hunters.
The hunters, consisting of Joshua, Adam, Axl, and Leila are all different in their own rights and some of them deal with serious personal issues on a daily basis. One has been claimed as a sort of pet by the vampire Eli. Another sees his dead wife and talks with her until the point he has to medicate himself. Yet another of the hunters sees the dead regularly and is followed by
Gabby
Nov 26, 2012 Gabby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arr-r2r-r4r
*WARNING: There may be spoilers in this review, but big ones will be marked.*

Favorite Character: Axl

I liked this book. The storyline was interesting and kept my attention, but there were a few things that made it not reach five stars. The first one; I kept forgetting the characters. I remembered all the names, but sometimes I would think one character was another or something like that. Another (Although not a reason the rating was lowered) was that there were a few grammatical errors. Fortunate
Siva Kumar S A
Feb 02, 2013 Siva Kumar S A rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Damned – The beginning” blends genres, it is a super natural thriller that has at its centre the investigation of serial killings by black magic. The investigations are done by a group of hunter, people each with unique powers. Each hunter have deal with their own secrets and loss while trying to piece together the case. Thrown into the mix are a necromancer, vampire with his own plans and some demons.
The story is quite entertaining and reveals just connections slowly to hold interest. The sto
Terri Baldwin
Dec 02, 2012 Terri Baldwin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved how this book gave individual chapters to each character, then brought them together. It really helped me to understand the characters and the dynamics of their relationships to each other. The necromancer in this book is going to give me nightmares... he's THAT scary! I love that although a paranormal book, it's also a horror, mystery and love story with humor throughout.

Cyma Rizwaan Khan was able to brilliantly weave all those different genres together and twist it into an intense, sc
cajunqueen
Jan 30, 2013 cajunqueen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to give this book a 5 star rating...but I could not in all fairness to the author.

The plot and characters are wonderful! This book is unique in it's thought and has much to offer for everyone. I was engrossed in this book BUT, and it's a big one in my case...the spelling and grammar were always throwing me off my enjoyment. I will follow this series because it is a unique book and I could not guess everything to come, but the author really needs to fire their editor.

That is the
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)
Very entertaining hunter book! The plot was well thought out, well rounded and held my attention throughout the book. This book has so many different unique powers and different supernatural beings. The story was very original. The author has an amazing way of bring the book alive.

Overall I did enjoy it very much and think it's definitely worth 4 stars. I couldn't give it a 5 star rating because it just didn't excited me like a 5 star book would. But very enjoyable an would finish the series!
Tammy
Jan 22, 2013 Tammy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as part of a request to read program on goodreads.com.

The review on this one is difficult for me to write. There is nothing specific about this book I disliked but nor is there anything specific I loved.

The premise behind the book seemed very creative but In my opinion it didn't come to realization for me. I've read an entire novel and I still know almost nothing about what drives the main characters. New characters were still being introduced ninety percent of the way thr
Claire
I'm torn because I did enjoy this, it just didn't blow me away. I had a hard time getting into the story, because I felt like the characters jumped around too much sometimes leaving me a bit confused as to who I was reading about. Maybe I wasn't in the right state of mind for it. (I did have to step away from the read because of life, which also broke up the read for me.)
That being said, the characters, once into them, were interesting and fun to get to know. Their personal stories compelling, a
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Loved it! This book was very emotional it really made you feel any feeling the characters were and its not often I say I felt EVERY emotion!! I loved the characters, setting, plot all of it! These hunters go through so much!! You just want to be part of it all! I can't wait until the next book comes out!
Theresa
Odd story with lots of different moving parts. Hard to follow at times and there are a lot of characters to keep up with. Dead people who are still "seen", vampires, demons, hunters, oh my! Parts of the story seemed to be better than others, I enjoyed the part where normal people found the old witch books and gave it a try, but the stories were all sad as they ended in death.
Corbin Roberts
Corbin Roberts rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it did not like it
Mar 25, 2015
Danitza Hamilton
Danitza Hamilton rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2016
Terri Baldwin
Terri Baldwin rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2013
Rizwaan Khan
Rizwaan Khan rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2012
Ryan Jnr
Ryan Jnr rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2015
Cathy Wellman
Cathy Wellman rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2013
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2012
Bex 'n' Books
Bex 'n' Books marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2012
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2012
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2012
J.V.K.
J.V.K. marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2012
KimE
KimE marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2012
Amy Dark Night Reads
Amy Dark Night Reads marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
Tammy Kuhne
Tammy Kuhne marked it as to-read
Kimberly Schaaf
Kimberly Schaaf marked it as to-read
Kristina Snyder
Kristina Snyder marked it as to-read
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2013
Penelope Bartotto
Penelope Bartotto marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Sara Burr
Sara Burr marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2013
Marilou Johnson
Marilou Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Angus
Angus marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2013
Skaistė
Skaistė marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2013
Froggarita
Froggarita marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
WickedVerbatim
WickedVerbatim marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Allison Sautkus
Allison Sautkus marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Sarah added it
Oct 10, 2014
Jody Graf
Jody Graf marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Kenneth
Kenneth marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Jennifer Miller
Jennifer Miller marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R (105) Damned ONE SPOT LEFT 21 135 Apr 01, 2013 08:25PM