Start by marking “The Curriculum: Everything You Need to Know to Be a Master of Business Arts” as Want to Read:
The Curriculum: Everything You Need to Know to Be a Master of Business Arts

The Curriculum: Everything You Need to Know to Be a Master of Business Arts

From the celebrated corporate satirist, a tongue-in-cheek curriculum-with real world case studies-for the young entreprenuer looking to stay out of debt and save thousands of dollars spent on traditional business school

Over the past decade, students across America have become slaves to debt, paying thousands upon thousands of dollars for the privilege of a college degree.
Published April 15th 2014 by HarperBusiness (first published October 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Curriculum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Curriculum

OutlawPoet
Jun 25, 2014 OutlawPoet rated it it was amazing
Can I Get A Copy For All New Employees?

I work in a traditional business environment and what I've noticed is that many new employees, who may have their shiny MBAs, have no idea about business culture. And all snark aside, that's what this book is about. I'd almost change the name to How To Survive In Business.

No, this isn't really about MBA subjects, though it does touch on marketing, finance, etc. Written with humor and wit, this gives people who are new to the business world survival tools th
Brandi
Dec 30, 2014 Brandi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: economics
I was really excited to win this book from the Goodreads.com website. At one time, I had considered getting an MBA, but the cost of pursuing the degree, in addition to my current degrees would have just been way too much. Mr. Stanley Bing's book is an excellent way to learn many of the principles and material taught in a traditional MBA program. It also offers additional material which probably would not be included in traditional programs.
I also enjoyed Mr. Stanley Bing's wit. He made the ma
Alain Burrese
Apr 30, 2014 Alain Burrese rated it liked it
“The Curriculum: Everything You Need to Know to Be a Master of Business Arts” by Stanley Bing wasn't what I expected. I guess I anticipated a book that had more traditional business advice, but with a street tone to it. This book is anything but traditional, and while much is “tongue in cheek” with hidden truths, cynicism, humor and four letter words, I believe it has the capacity to turn some people off, and annoy others. While I don't fall into that camp, I wasn't excited about the book, and ...more
Emily
Sep 04, 2016 Emily rated it it was amazing
I honestly want to print the included MBA certificate and put it on my wall after finishing this book. I wish I had found this book right after graduating and before starting my first "real" job. It is incredibly useful for dealing with old-school businessmen.

The chapters are all incredibly useful. I didn't get to see the graphs until after the fact because I was listening on a commute, but they are more or less what I expected. They are more snark than actual content.

This book is incredibly s
Kim
Jun 01, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it
Ok - truth be told - my husband read this book not me. But we received it as a freeby from Goodreads & I cannot get him to do a review so I will let you know what he told me. (lol)

My husband loved it. He would quote stuff from the book. (Stuff I do not understand.) He definitely suggests reading it for yourself if you are into business degrees and such - or if you own your own business. Thanks!
ToshaLyn
Entertainingly presents insights about business - many that can be applied to other fields. The writer does a great job with making profound concepts very simple. The vulgar language isn't overbearing- just unnecessary to me. But then I'm not a part of the business world. :o)
Katharine Rudzitis
Nov 19, 2014 Katharine Rudzitis rated it really liked it
Quite funny, especially as I'm preparing for a finance internship this summer. A good read for college kids who want to see the humorous side of business.
Allisonperkel
Aug 05, 2014 Allisonperkel rated it really liked it
A great read that manages the fine line of being both hilarious and informative. The advice in this book happens to be top notch as well. Highly recommended for anyone who works.
Satia
Sep 03, 2014 Satia rated it it was ok
Too much sarcasm for my taste. For my full review, visit my book review blog.
Amazing Titicaca
Amazing Titicaca rated it did not like it
Jun 24, 2016
Jack Hagedorn
Jack Hagedorn rated it did not like it
Nov 27, 2014
Lori Sandoval
Lori Sandoval rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Jack Oughton
Jack Oughton rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Moiraine
Moiraine rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Gregory
Gregory rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Tony
Tony rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Gabriel Connealy
Gabriel Connealy rated it did not like it
May 17, 2014
Don McNay
Don McNay rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2015
Saraid Donnelly
Saraid Donnelly rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Laura rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Karina
Karina rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2014
Kyle Green
Kyle Green rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2015
Neil
Neil rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Jessica
Feb 13, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
SO. FUNNY. I wish I had this book when I was 18.
Kevin
Apr 28, 2014 Kevin rated it liked it
Good
Nitit Chaijaroonrat
Nitit Chaijaroonrat rated it did not like it
Jul 29, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2014
D
D rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Aaron Okoro
Aaron Okoro rated it did not like it
Oct 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • I Always Look Up the Word 'Egregious'
  • Triumph and Tragedy in Mudville: A Lifelong Passion for Baseball
  • Mastering Communication at Work: How to Lead, Manage, and Influence
  • What Every American Should Know About the Rest of the World
  • Cut to the Chase: and 99 Other Rules to Liberate Yourself and Gain Back the Gift of Time
  • Give a Little: How Your Small Donations Can Transform Our World
  • Profitable Growth Is Everyone's Business: 10 Tools You Can Use Monday Morning
  • KnitLit (too): Stories from Sheep to Shawl . . . and More Writing About Knitting
  • KnitLit: Sweaters and Their Stories...and Other Writing About Knitting
  • An Uncommon History of Common Things
  • Q's Legacy
  • The Words We Live By: Your Annotated Guide to the Constitution
  • The Knitter's Life List: To Do, To Know, To Explore, To Make
  • The 2,548 Best Things Anybody Ever Said
  • Steak: One Man's Search for the World's Tastiest Piece of Beef
  • The Leadership Moment: Nine True Stories of Triumph and Disaster and Their Lessons for Us All
  • Levitation
  • Ways of Curating

“Today we will tackle the rudiments of getting people to buy the thing you’re selling. This is the heart of all activity of any kind in the human sphere. Along with the opposable thumb, this capacity—to sell others something they perhaps did not even know they wanted—is what separates Homo sapiens from its ancestors. Cows do not sell each other hay when they are hungry. Monkeys do not sell each other bananas. Only human beings can create the perception in other human beings that, even though they have showered, they still smell bad and need an underarm deodorant to set things right.” 2 likes
“Solve problems, don’t create them. A huge number of very dislikable people have this aggravating habit of either creating problems they can then solve to the acclaim of the multitudes, or blowing up the size of issues and then handing them off to others. Try to not do that.” 1 likes