Start by marking “All Bets Are On” as Want to Read:
All Bets Are On

All Bets Are On

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  29 reviews
The stakes are high, but the prize is worth it!Ask Alice Ford to shine in the boardroom and it's a done deal. Ask her to go on a first date, however, and she's a quivering mess! So, when she discovers that she's the target of an office bet-to get her into bed-it's her professional nightmare!

Office legend Harry Stephens is her unlikely saviour. He even volunteers to teach h
Published July 23rd 2013 by Harlequin KISS (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about All Bets Are On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Bets Are On

Dalia
A“power-suited, uptight workaholic” Ice-Queen and a Serial Dater !! What a pair !
Throw in an office bet and let the fun begins !
Harry Stephens is the embodiment of everything Alice Ford avoid in a man. In one word he is a player. Like her ex who humiliated her in the worst and very public way. For Harry, King of the One-night Stand, Alice is strung out and high maintenance.
But soon enough, Harry ll learn that its too easy to fall in love with the real Alice hiding beneath the uptight exterior
Desere

Every office has a ice queen and every office has a player. The ice queen is the one that is always focused on her work and everything is always in place, no file untouched. And the player is the one that every female in the office has had in bed, been there done him and gotten the dumped t-shirt to prove it.

So when office ice queen Alice finds half a list of men involved in placing a bet on who gets her into bed, she is furious and goes into a crying fit. Gets over it and moves on, but when the
Linda Sims
WEL WRITTEN ROMANCE

Alice hasn't dated for three years after a disastrous relationship went badly wrong. Making a decision to completely change her life she's moved to London and is totally focused on her job. Dating and relationships play no part in her life. That is till she discovers she's the subject of an office bet. Distraught she's having a crying jag in the ladies toilet, that's where Harry the office Romeo finds her, she doesn't tell him about the bet she's discovered, but she does confi
Lila Hunter
My view

This book starts a little predictable and the first two chapter sounded a little repetitive, but after that the author redeemed herself. The story is common in love romance novels, but the author gave it a refreshing spin. The relationship between the characters develop in front of the reader.

Both characters are believable and well written. The book has fun, as well as dramatic scenes. Everything happening in the story has a reason and no ends are left loose. Several misunderstandings ha
Fiona Marsden
I'm really not sure how to score this. I liked it, but it didn't really get me emotionally involved until the end. It didn't start off well, because one of my pet peeves is a hero with another woman on the first page and while in this case it was the morning after, his sheets weren't even cool before he was cracking onto the heroine.

Harry is the ultimate one night stand guy, when he lets it go longer it turns into a disaster with jealous ex's stalking him relentlessly. One can only assume he is
Guilty Pleasures
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

4 STARS

This is one of those books that from the beginning I could so feel for the heroine and her plight and it drew me in and made me want to read this book. This book made me laugh, made me sad, and even made me a little angry. To me that’s what a good book does, it makes you feel and All Bets Are On will definitely do that and more.

What would you do if you found out you were the subject of an office
Book Reading Gals
Title: All Bets Are On

Series: N/A

Author: Charlotte Phillips

Genre: Romance

Blurb: The stakes are high, but the prize is worth it!

Ask Alice Ford to shine in the boardroom and it's a done deal. Ask her to go on a first date, however, and she's a quivering mess! So, when she discovers that she's the target of an office bet—to get her into bed—it's her professional nightmare!

Office legend Harry Stephens is her unlikely savior. He even volunteers to teach her just how to avoid a heartbreaker. After a
Roz ~ My Written Romance
This and other reviews can be found on my blog, My Written Romance.

When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade. Right? At least that’s what Alice has tried to do. She’s built for herself what she believes to be a respected and excellent reputation at work, after some poor treatment in the past. When she discovers that some of the men in the office have a book running on who can crack her shell and get her into bed, the memories of the past come flooding back. But this time Alice won’t take it
Alexander Petkovski
All Bets Are On is the perfect summer read.
The main characters are Alice Ford, a beautiful hard-working woman who has not been dating for the past three years, and Harry Stephens, a player, notoriously known by his female collegues.

When Alice finds out that there is a bet in her company on her expense, she breaks down in tears. Harry tries to comfort her and makes a promise he will get her back to the dating world. Alice makes dating rules to find the right guy and Harry has an agenda of his own
Michelle. B
3.5 ~ 4 stars.

I bought this book based on the promised plot and I'm happy to say that it did deliver the goods. The story was everything I wanted it to be. There were a few times when the author had the opportunity to surprise me and stray from being predictable. She didn't, but it was still an enjoyable read.

I liked the heroine. She was a little crazy and she had her share of insecurities - a result of past experiences, but I think the author pulls it off. I really liked both main characters.
Gail
After reading a very so-so KISS title when they first came out, I'm enjoying them more and more. A few were excellent reads, some were very good - like this one. I have mixed feelings about it, though. I liked the plot a lot but if I were the author I might have gone in some slightly different directions. I like it when a hero has to grovel after being an ass and a jerk; I would have liked his hero to crawl on his knees for a couple of miles before being forgiven.
Bhavika
I saw this book on a giveaway and so I searched it up and found it on google library and started reading the preview and just feel in love with the book so I brought the e-edition n finished the book in one day. This book is just the classic romance novel about a boy and girl and their problems yet they seem to be the answer for each other. Just read the book to find out what happens.
Karen
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

When Alice Ford ran across the document while answering phones at someone else's amazingly messy desk, she couldn't believe it. It was like history repeating itself... Read More
Emily S.
Well.

The only thing I'm left with after reading this train wreck is that making a set of rules while dating a guy IS NOT THE SAME AS THE GUY STARTING AN OFFICE POOL ON WHO CAN GET YOU INTO BED FIRST. Girl, get a grip and quit trying to justify his crap behavior.

LAME.
Dana
I was not when I started this book. I couldn't stand Harry, and I thought Alice was a little pathetic. By the time I was finished, I was rooting for both of them. Their characters evolved quite a bit.
Cj
It's a cute read for when you're relaxing on the beach or when enjoying a relaxing day by the poolside. It's a short a sweet romance book without being too graphic. I even cried a tear towards the end.
June
Good story about relationships being foiled. Funny how things backfire when people go into a relationship with ulterior motives. I loved how everything turned out though. Had some fun humor included.
Heather
A bit slow for me to get into but once I did I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Alice who found out that her colleagues has been putting bets on her and rather than retreating herself, she decided to face the bet by proving to them how wrong they are. But then, she doesn’t know what to do. Harry walked in on her when she was crying and decided to offer help to guide her back into the dating society. They make a pact with each other that it is nothing serious between them and that they won’t expect anything from each other. Harry is a well known p ...more
Katie_la_geek

For this review and more visit my blog

I have read a lot of books like All Bets are on and I ultimately have the same problem with all of them. I don’t like the whole bet storyline. It just ruins everything for me. There are pages and pages of sweet romance but I can never get into it because I can’t get rid of the fact that one person has made a wager about the other, that their feelings may not be true and that at one point they felt so little disregard for the other person that they made a wag
Kelly
I won this book from Goodreads and I was really looking forward to it. I would have liked for it to have been longer with more background information about the characters and a bit more description about their workplace and actual jobs. I felt like I was skimming along the surface of a story and that I was never really allowed under for a good scoop of details. I kept waitng for information on things that were alluded to, assuming the details would allow me to more fully relate to the characters ...more
Luc
Again.. I'm a sucker for fake relationships that turn into a love story... so this one was a cute one. The characters are a bit on the shallow side but it does not take the shine of the book. What you see on the blurb is what you get. Harmless, cute and fun entertainment. very quick read.
Rachael Ruddick
I have read a couple of books in the Kiss series and not liked them at all. This one I really enjoyed, reading it in one sitting over a few hours.
Jessica
Ok the premise of this book had me questioning it, but the author developed the characters nicely. The turns made sense and worked for both characters. The only issue us the time line, but I find all romances have this issue. I'm sorry I just find it hard to believe that people could fall head over heals in love that quickly. My be I'm a cynic. lol Either way, I enjoyed this book and felt the characters were real. I will more than likely read this book again.
Marj
Thw whole bet scenario is nothing new. The two characters were so cliché. Lots of talk and not alot of things happening. Unbelievable they fall in love so quickly. Disnt like how the girl misconstrued everything he did without asking for an explanation. Yes guy was wrong to lead the girls on but he did tell them upfront he wasnt looking for anything serious and if the girl disnt liaten it is also half her fault. The ending was too cheesy.
Pat Mcgahon
A nice little book to read with a good story
Cait
It was okay. Nothing too memorable.
J. Nathan
3.5 A quick read. Cute story.
Jessica
  • Driving Her Crazy
  • The Secret Wedding Dress
  • Secrets & Saris
  • It was Only a Kiss
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)
  • One More Sleepless Night
  • Hitched!
  • The Downfall of a Good Girl (LaBlanc Sisters, #1)
  • The Guy to Be Seen With
  • Her Deal with the Devil
  • Must Like Kids
  • First Time for Everything
  • What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • Once is Never Enough
  • Backstage with Her Ex
  • Too Close for Comfort
Charlotte Phillips writes modern, fun, it-could-happen-to-you stories for Mills & Boon RIVA/Harlequin KISS and shorter length sexy contemporary stories for HarperImpulse.

She lives in Wiltshire, England, where she squashes her writing in between looking after her family, who have been taught not to notice that she's rubbish at housework. Her stories are fuelled by lots of coffee and years of da
More about Charlotte Phillips...
Your Room Or Mine? (Do Not Disturb #1) The Plus-One Agreement Did Someone Order Room Service? (Do Not Disturb, #2) Kiss Me On This Cold December Night (Do Not Disturb #3) Secrets of the Rich & Famous