Start by marking “Her Road Home” as Want to Read:
Her Road Home

Her Road Home

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  45 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
No white picket fences for her!

It's not in Samantha Crozier's DNA to ignore the call of the open road. The wind in her hair and the pavement beneath her bike are all Sam needs. Until she crashes into Widow's Grove and the arms of Nick Pinelli, that is. Nick is gorgeous, and pure temptation...temptation Sam is determined to avoid. But with her motorcycle totaled, she's here
Published August 6th 2013 by Harlequin (first published August 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Her Road Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Road Home

Dorine
Sep 20, 2013 Dorine rated it really liked it
Posted at TBR Mountain Range - Come for a visit :) Review Courtesy of Romance Junkies.

The start of a new series in the charming setting of Widow's Grove, HER ROAD HOME is sure to surprise you. An emotional journey of finding trust amongst newfound friends who see beyond her tough biker chick façade, Samantha might just find everything she has ever wanted and even what she didn't dare to hope for...

Self-professed motorcycle chick Samantha "Sam" Crozier is still running away at the age of twenty-e
ChattyKat
Sep 08, 2013 ChattyKat rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
This is my second time reading a book written by Laura Drake. Her first book "The Sweet Spot" quickly went on my favorites list and now this book will be very easily added right next to that one.
This book is so much more than just a romance between biker chick... Sam... and the Widow's Grove mechanic... Nick. It is also an emotional journey about challenging the fears and walls that bind us and control us from within.
Sam is a female character that I admired, respected and connected to on an em
Susan
Dec 20, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
Good book. Sam lives for the open road. A contractor by trade, she goes from town to town, finding a house to renovate, sell, and then move on. A rainy night near Widow's Grove has her crashing her bike and being stuck in town for awhile. She finds a house that's crying out for her talents, and a bike mechanic who knows his job. He's got a boatload of charm that has her considering other options, if she can just get past her reasons for a life on the road.

I really liked Sam. She an intelligent a
Maryann Litton
Nov 20, 2013 Maryann Litton rated it it was amazing
– wow, what a journey! Laura Drake has once again, given a story plenty of time to evolve and mature, much to this reader’s delight. Too often, authors will try to write a complex story in a short novel, leaving out so much detail that the story seems rushed. Laura never does that. Her Road Home allows the reader to really understand the characters – what they are thinking, feeling, doing. I love strong heroines and Samantha considers herself to be a “biker chick” (loving the open road, never pu ...more
Crystal
Nov 09, 2013 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Her Road Home is the second opportunity I have had to read Laura Drake's work. Once again I have found Ms. Drake to have tremendous talent writing a very emotionally touching story with compelling characters. I have to admit there were a few times I was reaching for the Kleenex box when reading this book.

Samantha Crozier has been through a lot in her life. She has scars from her past that are controlling her life and not in a good way. I found a deep connection with Sam and wanted to reach out a
Miranda King
Jul 22, 2013 Miranda King rated it it was amazing
Every once in a while, we all get that rush of excitement—those tingles that happen when we witness something magical, inspiring. Like when you see a brand-new movie that you know will win the Academy Award, and it later does. That’s how I feel about this book, Her Road Home. It’s RITA quality (that’s the equivalent of the Academy Award for a Romance writer!).

RITA Award photo rita_award_trophy_zps75c48d8a.gif

So let me introduce to your next favorite book and its heroine, Samantha—better known as simply Sam. She’s a visionary, a modern-day pion
Liz Flaherty
Feb 19, 2014 Liz Flaherty rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
The characterization in this book is amazing! The story's great, too, but the people in Widow's Grove are wonderful and you come to care about them as much as Nick and Sam. Laura Drake has the kind of voice that keeps you awake far into the night reading "just one more chapter."
Melissa
Nov 16, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-romance
Another great story by Laura Drake. Tightly written & wonderful characters a nice read.
Judith
Oct 17, 2013 Judith rated it really liked it
Made me want to hop on a motorcycle and hit the road. Laura Drake has had a break out year and Her Road Home is another winner. Samantha, Sam, is a down to earth, big hearted heroine with problems that keep her moving on, from town to town, one house reno to the next. A mishap on her motorcycle (and here Drake’s own motorcycle background shines through) lands her in a small California town where she finds new friends who help her face her past. A likeable bad-boy-making-good hero to top it off, ...more
Carol
Aug 16, 2013 Carol rated it it was amazing
This one is definitely a keeper! I loved it. A deeply emotional book, Her Road Home is the story of two wounded souls finding and healing one another.

The author is so talented I felt like I was on the journey along with the heroine, Samantha "Sam" Crozier. I could see, smell and hear all the places in town of Widow's Grove.

The hero, Nick Pinelli, was also on his own emotional journey and his choices and actions made him truly heroic and perfect for Sam. And he can cook!

Karen
Jul 29, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Sam Crozier is in the business of restoring and flipping old homes, but she doesn’t have a home herself. She’s used to riding the country on her vintage motorcycle, finding hidden gems and making them someone else’s dream come true. But just outside of Widow’s Grove, California, she…Read More
Kathryn Jankowski
Feb 15, 2015 Kathryn Jankowski rated it liked it
Shelves: romance

Every so often I indulge in a romance and gal who's into motorcycles and restoring homes piqued my interest in this one. Enjoyed the story and will probably read again some rainy weekend.
Harlequin Books
"With realistic emotions and nicely depicted characters, this is a powerful story." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
Debbie Herbert
Nov 19, 2013 Debbie Herbert rated it it was amazing
This book was so touching and moving. Every word packs a punch and I rooted for Sam and Nick all the way.!
Gail
Another one with serious angst. In this one, the girl is the biker...
Harlequin Books
Received 4 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Nancy Anderson
Nancy Anderson marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Jai Baidell
Jai Baidell rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Kelly Burch
Kelly Burch rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
AvidReader
AvidReader rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Anne P.
Anne P. marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Dawn Mattox
Dawn Mattox rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 20, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Mausam
Mausam marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Vibe
Vibe rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 22, 2015 04:56PM
Laura Drake is a city girl who never grew out of her tomboy ways or a serious cowboy crush. She writes Women’s Fiction and Romance.

Her pro bull riding series, Sweet on a Cowboy is published by Grand Central. The Sweet Spot (May 2013), Nothing Sweeter (Feb. 2014), and Sweet on You (Aug 2014). The Sweet Spot won the 2014 RITA award for Best First Book.

Her Widow's Grove small town series is published
More about Laura Drake...