His Instant Heir (Baby Business #1)

His Instant Heir (Baby Business #1)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  20 reviews
In her Baby Business trilogy, USA TODAY bestselling author Katherine Garbera starts with just one night...

Cari Chandler can't forget Declan Montrose. Their baby is a living reminder. The baby she hasn't told him about. The no-commitment billionaire-and her family's sworn enemy-walked out of her life the morning after. But now he's back...with a vengeance!

Taking over her co...more
Published August 6th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about His Instant Heir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Instant Heir

Christa Runge
Cari Chandler’s one night stand with Declan Montrose resulted in a pregnancy. Just when she was finding out she was pregnant life get hectic, then she found out Dec was a Montrose, a family they have been involved in a bitter feud with for the last 4 decades. But now the feud may end because the Montrose’s have taken over Infinity Games, owned by the Chandlers. Dec is given the task to make the transition easier and to figure out where jobs needed to be cut. Cari knew the time had come to tell D...more
Susan
I liked both Dec and Cari. She and her sisters have been running their company and doing a pretty good job of it, but they were no match for the Montrose need for revenge. With their acquisition of the company Cari was going to have to deal with Dec on a daily basis as the businesses are merged. Cari knew she was going to have to tell Dec about DJ but she wasn't sure how he was going to take it. She felt guilty about not telling him sooner, but he had walked out the morning after without a word...more
Eve Gaddy
Loved it! Katherine Garbera's books are always a pleasure to read. Dec and Cari are a great couple. Cari understood him so well, especially his issues from his childhood. It was fun to watch Dec meet his match. Sexy and intriguing.
Renee Entress
4.5 Star Review – His Instant Heir (Baby Business #1)

I recommend this book.

This book includes drama, passion, betrayal and romance throughout the entire story.

Cari Chandler and Declan “Dec” Montrose had a one-night stand 18 months ago which resulted in a baby boy named DJ “Declan Junior”. Cari decided not to tell Declan when she found out she was pregnant as he ran out on her after that one night and never contacted her.

Dec was sent in by his cousins to get rid of the Chandlers and dismantle th...more
Fiona Marsden
The feud between the Montagues and the Capulets has been going on for two generations. Or should I say the Montrose family and the Chandler family. This dates back to some dodgy dealing between the grandfathers of the current generation. This is the first of three books in the Baby Business trilogy dealing with three male cousins from the Montagues, I mean Montroses, and three Capulet, I mean Chandler, sisters.

Emma Chandler had a one nice stand with Declan Mon...yeah...you get the drift, eightee...more
Ange
So this reading "just to pass the time" thing doesn't always work out. This had the makings to be something a bit more interesting, with the family feud and the secret baby but it felt short. Dec, the male lead, goes back and forth between who he is, who he wants to be, and who his family expects him to be. I didn't feel the change he supposedly went through. I didn't feel his change of heart or when he fell in love with Cari. Mainly I didn't see any growth in him. He does change, I think, but i...more
Ava
I would rate this book between 3.5 and 4. the story was simple but with a inch of indecision which lead to curiosity. how will all the people in this book could behave with each others. which depends on 3 peoples, the main characters and the little kid.
Sandra Carter
When I first started to read this book I did not think it was my type of story,but I continued to read it as I became interested in the characters. I had to finish the book to find out what happened to them.
I received this book for free from Goodreads.
Harlequin Books
"With smooth pacing and good character growth, Garbera's Baby Business trilogy is off to a promising start." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Baby Business
Category: Passion
Kai
His Instant Heir starts off with Cari Chandler and Declan Montrose meeting after being 1 1/2 years apart. Their attraction was instant and short. Even recognizing that Declan Montrose was the family, her family has been feuding with, Cari didn't care until Declan left the morning after.

Being enemy has each other wary of each other purpose of the take-over of Infinity Games by the Montrose family. Cari has a secret that she felt Declan should know. She was trying to figure if Declan would ever se...more
L.A. Miller
So today while reading one of my favorite authors blogs I was introduced to this story. I was intrigued by the description and trusting Ms. Galen's comments purchased the book. Instead of writing the last few chapters of my book I took a moment to enjoy another writers work. As an author we rely not only on word of mouth but on the reviews of our readers. Sometimes those readers can be harsh and overlook a great story when they come upon errors in the book. To be honest when I read my mind had a...more
Amanda Sheila
Not exactly my favorite.

Why? Because both of the Hero and heroine are too flat. They got no expression, I mean the heroine was nervous to tell the Hero that she have his baby but that's it. The Hero, he just awed that the baby is his. And here, I was like, GIMME THE ANGST FOLKS!

So yeah, overall good storyline but need more feeling.
Tawnya
I've read many "Secret Baby" stories and this one stands out as an original, just in the fact that Dec doesn't set out for revenge based on the fact he knew he walked out on Cari. Katherine Garbera did a really good job writing this book.
Gujju Ellen
Handled in a mature &unique style! Instead of the usual bickering& flinging blame, the story shows how the two main characters solves their problems, smoothly and to the satisfaction of everyone!
Ashleigh
I won a copy of His Instant Heir from first reads here on Goodreads. I enjoyed His Instant Heir. I liked Cari and Dec but at some points I thought the story was a little rushed. There are some things that they both did that had me shaking my head and thinking WOW did that really just happen? I think that the sisters are a little too clueless and at times let a bit to much slide. I get why Cari hid things from Dec and I think that Dec handled finding out pretty well. I liked that he wanted to be...more
KittyKat
It was a ok read
Melody Cox
This is an intriguing story of love, business, and a baby boy.

Cari Chandler can't forget Declan Montrose. Her baby is a constant reminder of the night they shared.

Declan Montrose is Cari's family's sworn enemy and a no-commitment billionaire who, with his brothers, is trying to take over Cari's company.

When Dec finds out about his son he intends to claim him no matter what it takes along with Cari's company.

Can this little guy soften Dec's heart?
Nancy Lines
The book was a quick read, but it was a bit boring as well...I give this novel 2 stars. **
Chris Mead
Review coming soon.
Bethann65
Bethann65 marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Beth
Beth is currently reading it
Sep 13, 2014
Sam Shivy
Sam Shivy marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Doreen
Doreen marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Katherine Garbera is the USA Today best-selling author of more than 59 books for Harlequin Desire, Harlequin Blaze and Kensington Brava. Her books have been featured in magazines such as REDBOOK (11/98)and have even been featured on the large JumboTron in Times Square, and excerpted in COSMO (7/10). She has been nominated for RT Book Club's career achievement awards in Series Fantasy and Series Ad...more
More about Katherine Garbera...
Baby Business A Cowboy For Christmas (A Copper Mountain Christmas, #1) Taming the Texas Tycoon (Texas Cattleman’s Club: Maverick County Millionaires #1) Summer of Scandals (Anthology) The Reluctant Bride (Montana Born Brides)  (The Great Wedding Giveaway, #5)