Start by marking “Hide and Seek” as Want to Read:
Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek (Family reunions #1)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  19 reviews
SHE WON'T GIVE UPErica James has spent the past three years as a skip tracer, hunting down others and hoping one day it will lead to her kidnapped daughter. Now she has a new suspect-Max Powell's missing sister. Max, a private investigator, has found evidence that connects the two missing girls, and together, he and Erica search for answers. The closer they get to finding ...more
Published August 6th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hide and Seek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hide and Seek

Trinity Rose
I’ve been a fan of Lynette Eason for years. I’ve enjoyed every book she has written and this one is another fantastic read.
Hide and Seek tell the story of Erica who’s daughter was kidnapped, but she never gave up hope of finding her. During this time her family and husband all pulled away from her, because she was so devoted to finding her daughter.
Erica and her brother and his friend started up a skip tracer agency to find other lost and kidnapped children in hopes of one day finding her daugh
Wendy Sparkes
#1 Family Reunions

When her child was went missing 3 years ago Erica James became a skip tracer so she could spend time helping other families with lost children as well as focus her skills on finding her own little girl.

So Finding the Lost was started, and has been very successful at finding children ~ just not her own.

A new clue has just been found.

Erica is going to leave no stone unturned in the hunt for her daughter. Even when the threats arrive telling her to back off.

Private Investigator Ma
Rhonda
4 STARS

I admit to shedding a few tears while reading this story. It is a timely story that I read this week with 3 people who were kidnapped 10 years ago all over the news right now. I hope more missing kids are returned home safely and sooner.

Erica has looked for her missing child for 3 years. Molly was taken from a field trip to the zoo at age 3. Erica marriage fell apart and spent the time looking for lost children. A new lead has come in. Molly's clothes with a finger print were found at a c
Mikal Hermanns
My thoughts:
For a quick read, this is a good book. Lynette Eason is actually one of my favorite authors, though this book isn’t her best.

Having said that, the whodunit—while predictable—still held tension, and there was overall good character development. I did find that Erica, the main character whose daughter has been missing for three years, didn’t portray the emotion I had thought she would have given her situation; however, I’ve never been in her situation (praise God!!!) and don’t know ho
Hsiau Wei
Erica has never given up hope in looking for her missing daughter despite that it happened more than 3 years ago. Molly was kidnapped during a school trip at the age of 3. A new lead indicated that Molly’s shirt and finger print was found in an abandoned house. She went there in the hope that she would find Lydia, a drug addict whom she believe have a connection to the kidnapping of Molly. Upon her arrival, she heard Lydia’s scream and saw she was being attacked. Following her to the house is Ma ...more
Sharon
I enjoyed this book. At first I did not think I would complete it because it was about a missing child; a subject that I have always found deeply disturbsing. I did complete it and it had the perfect ending which was my favourite part of the book; will not go into detail about this as I do not wish to spoil the book for anyone else.

Once again I was impressed that the author thanked her readers and I am now assuming that this is common with Harlequin novels. It is a nice gesture.

The re-enforcemen
Tina
I enjoyed this story about a woman who, even after three years, hasn't given up hope on finding her missing daughter. Max, the private investigator, tries to keep her safe as she follows up on clues that lead her into danger. Also, it is possible that Max's little sister could have had a part in the kidnapping. Is the missing daughter still alive? That is the answer you will find when you read this story. I would recommend this book to others who like a little romance mixed in with suspense.
Carolyn E
I love Lynette Eason's books. As always, Hide and Seek is exciting with plenty of action plus romance.
Dianne Sidebottom
It must be hard not to give up hope when someone you love is missing especially in fowl play. Then for two people having a sibling who have been caught up escaping pain through drug taking involved in the plot by the perpetrator who has still got control over their lives. How family relationships changed because of the crime and contact was very minimal between them.
Hate being such a driven factor by this woman that you could understand the motive of wanting a child when physically she couldn't
Angela
Aug 12, 2013 Angela rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Angela by: netgalley
I tend to stay away from Christian-fiction for my own personal reasons hat I will not go into here, but after reading the blurb for this one I must admit to being intrigued. So, I thought "what the heck, why not?" and must admit it was an emotional story with lots of family drama concerning a child's kidnapping, drug addiction, and a family that doesn't speak to each other anymore. There were parts I didn't like, but more that I did although I did figure out who the kidnapper was very early into ...more
Erin
I had it figured out by about halfway through the story, but it was still a good read.
Jill
Family Reunions Love Inspired Suspense. Three years ago Erica James' daughter was kidnapped. Erica started working as a skip tracer. She was able to help other people find their children, but Molly had never been found. Now she has a new lead that she must follow, even if it leads to her brother or to the sister of the PI who wants to help her. I had an idea about the ending, but really wasn't 100% sure of my hunch.

June
Another awesome Eason suspense. Erica has been helping families find missing children since her own daughter was kidnapped three years previous. Suddenly there is new evidence in her daughters case and she finds herself working alongside Max, trying to find his sister, a suspect in the case. Many strange things happen to them since someone is trying to kill them. To keep them from finding Max's sister, or Erica's daughter?
Harlequin Books
"The suspense starts early on in this installment in the Family Reunion series. Addiction, estranged relationships and feeling unloved are all addressed in a skillful manner." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Family Reunions
Category: Inspirational Romance
Tricia
I never would have picked up this book based on the cover photo, but love the author. She didn't disappoint, the book was great.
Lisa
I loved this story from cover to cover. Erica never gave up looking when her daughter disappeared. With unwavering faith, she wouldn't give up, even when others tried to get her to. It's awesome to watch God reward her faith.
Samantha
A full of suspense and drama filled novel. Rich with emotion, and packed full of action. The "who done it" aspect of it was rather obvious but still very tense!
Kendra Armstrong
I love all of Lynette Eason's books! Started reading this one the day it was released. Looking forward to her next release....!
Harlequin Books
Jun 01, 2015 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
O
Alissa Gustafson
Alissa Gustafson marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Kathie
Kathie added it
Jul 04, 2015
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Defender for Hire (Heroes for Hire, #9)
  • Warning Signs (Stepping Stones Island #1)
  • Christmas Stalking (Guardians, Inc., #4)
  • Undercover Marriage
  • Explosive Secrets
  • Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Unit, #3)
  • No Way Out
  • Shock Wave (Stormswept, #1)
  • Stolen Memories
Lynette Eason grew up in Greenville, SC. She graduated from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, and then obtained her masters in education from Converse College. Author of twenty inspirational romantic suspense books, she is also a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). In 1996, Lynette married "the boy next door" and now she and her husba ...more
More about Lynette Eason...

Family reunions (3 books)
  • Christmas Cover-Up
  • Her Stolen Past
Too Close to Home (Women of Justice, #1) When the Smoke Clears (Deadly Reunions, #1) A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3) Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2) When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2)