Start by marking “A Kiss to Die For (Buried Secrets Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
A Kiss to Die For (Buried Secrets Trilogy #2)

A Kiss to Die For (Buried Secrets #2)

The second Buried Secrets romance in Gail Barrett's compelling new trilogy!

Sullivan Turner doesn't see a hero when he looks in the mirror-he sees only a hollow shell of the man he used to be. But redemption comes when he rescues a woman with a dark secret. Teenage-runaway-turned-social-worker Haley Barnes knows firsthand how savage Baltimore's streets can be.

Years ago, Ha
Published August 6th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Kiss to Die For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Kiss to Die For

Dorine
Aug 21, 2013 Dorine rated it really liked it
Review also posted at my blog, TBR Mountain Range.

An unlikely pair meets when fighting off a gang, trying to protect a group of unwed, runaway teen moms-to-be. With an unknown enemy wanting the shelter owner dead, an army veteran with enough problems of his own steps in to save her. Can two broken people heal together and earn a happy-ever-after?

A KISS TO DIE FOR picks up where FATAL EXPOSURE left off, so if you haven't read book one in THE BURIED SECRETS TRILOGY yet, I suggest that you read it
Susan
Fantastic book that started out with a bang and just kept going. Haley runs a shelter for pregnant teens and while looking for one of them is targeted by a gang. Sully comes to their rescue and helps get the girls to safety, making himself a target also. When they discover that Haley is the subject of a gang hit Sully makes it his mission to protect her and discover who is behind it. He's not sure he's up to the task, but he's going to give it his best shot.

I really liked both Haley and Sully.
Maria
I really liked both main characters and the plot's romantic line. In the second half of the book, I felt that the suspense line was not so well handled and it dragged a bit.
Anyway, this was my first Gail Barrett's book and I'll be watching her career.
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

This is the second book in the Buried Secrets Trilogy.
This one is about Haley. If you've read the first book then you will know all of the stuff that happened to start causing Haley problems. But now since Brynn seems to be doing good, Haley is the one in danger. And she almost gets killed trying to save a teenage in the line of fire, until a mysterious man comes out and saves them both.

Now that this man who Haley assumed was homeless helped them he is
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Sullivan Turner lived through war only to return home praying he can drink himself to death before his guilt kills him first. Then he sees a young woman ducking bullets from a drive-by while trying to rescue a pregnant teenager. Sully is deeply affected by her beauty and bravery in the face of danger. Haley Barnes is tired of running. She has spent years ducking her shady past only to have it come knocking on her door once again. This time she vows to fight back, hopefully with the help of a ...more
Silverana
Aug 08, 2013 Silverana rated it liked it
The story was ok but boring for some reason. I have read the first book in the series and really liked it but this one was missing something. I ended up skipping some of the paragraphs because I couldn't get into too much. The third book has a good blurb and I hope it turns out as good as the first one was.
Harlequin Books
"Twists in the plot keep this story moving along as we get to know the genuinely and believably flawed lead characters. They're a hero and heroine we can root for as the passion between them sizzles." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Buried Secrets
Category: Suspense
Brooke
Jan 14, 2015 Brooke rated it really liked it
Usually a trilogy slows down in book two but this one has been great! I really love the characters and their relationships; all the twists ;)
Leah Price
Leah Price rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2013
Steve Sisler
Steve Sisler rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2014
Hubi
Hubi rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2014
Ginny
Ginny rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Kelly Klega
Kelly Klega rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2013
Dianne Fagan
Dianne Fagan rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Jean Barrett
Jean Barrett rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Donna Fisher
Donna Fisher rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Mary Quattlebaum
Mary Quattlebaum rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2014
Robin Priddy
Robin Priddy rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Sigga Maja
Sigga Maja rated it it was ok
Jun 17, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
Katherine Achatz
Katherine Achatz rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2013
MacKayla Daniel
MacKayla Daniel rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2015
Paula Brandon
Paula Brandon rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2016
Reva
Reva rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2013
200062
The nuns in my Catholic elementary school always said that each of us has a gift, a reason we were put here on earth. Our job is to discover what that purpose is. Well, I knew early on that I was meant to be a writer. Who else would spend her childhood grinding sparkling rocks into fairy dust and convince her friends it was real? Or daydream her way through elementary school, spend high school ...more
More about Gail Barrett...

Buried Secrets (3 books)
  • Fatal Exposure (Buried Secrets Trilogy #1)
  • Seduced by His Target (Buried Secrets Trilogy, #3)