Start by marking “The Courage To Say Yes” as Want to Read:
The Courage To Say Yes

The Courage To Say Yes

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Can she find the courage to love all over again?

Hunter Smith likes to keep out of messy situations; life is just easier if you don't get emotionally involved. He's never been a knight in shining armor before—but when he sees Abby Gray in trouble, he can't stop himself from stepping in…

Trying to put the scars of the past behind her, Abb
Published August 6th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Courage To Say Yes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Courage To Say Yes

Rhonda

4 STARS

The Courage to Say Yes deals with some tough subjects in a good way I believe. Abby Gray left her boyfriend behind at least she thought she did. It took her a long time to get a plan to escape. I really don't have a clue just how hard it would be to leave. To be in that situation.

Abby is getting stronger and fighting back. She still has a lot of issues dealing with self confidence of having been in abusive relationship. Her mom has and still is in one. Abby got a waitress job. She is livi
N. Kuhn
Ok, the negative first:
This is a Harlequin? There's no sexy hot steamyness expected to come with this name and I'm starting to get disappointed with the publisher. When I read Harlequin, I want something hot! Now, don't take that as it's a bad book. Here's the positive:
This is a sweet happy ever after story. I love the courage and changing that Abby has to go through. You really get a sense of her character and what she went through. For me, it was a personal connection. I feel the author greatl
Roz ~ My Written Romance
This review, and many others, can be found on my blog, My Written Romance.

Harlequin Romance, at least in my experience, has tended towards sweeter, lighter romance. So when I picked up The Courage To Say Yes, I was surprised to see a title that dealt with some pretty heavy issues. Barbara Wallace has done an excellent job of weaving these issues into the story. It's at its heart a romance, however it doesn't shy away from mentioning the oft-painful pasts of the hero and heroine.

Abby is trying to
Amy Rachiele
The Courage to Say Yes
Sweet!
Barbara Wallace takes the difficult subject of abuse and weaves a story that combines a photographer and a waitress. The characters spend some time soul searching and fighting off personal demons that are similar on an emotional level. Abby and Hunter don’t want to go back to a place they have already been. Each one of them wants to be empowered to find a new beginning.
The abuse scenes are mild and the story is a nice tale. It is heartwarming and helps to remind the
Penny Watson
Another housekeeper book! :^)

Sweet story. Grade: B+
Hsiau Wei
This book tells the story of Abby who met Hunter at the diner that she worked. Hunter has been eating at the diner every day. Abby is running away from her ex boyfriend who is abusive and a bully. She lives in a shelter and trying hard to earn her living. But her ex has found the place where she worked and is determined to get her to be with him again. Abby, who planned her escape by skimming on the grocery money refused to comply with his demand and it angered him. He started to lose his contro ...more
Gail
I was sent this book to read to judge for the 2013 New England Reader's Choice Bean Pot Award. I am looking forward to reading the book. I really enjoyed this romance novel. I loved going on Abby and Hunter's adventure. The book kept me guessing at to what would happen next. Thank you for my copy of the book. I hope it does well in the New England's Reader's Choice Bean Pot Award.
Sandhya
A simple sweet story with cute characters. I enjoy Ms Wallace books. I love that she writes normal stories without much drama or conflicts.
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Pippi Petitto
Pippi Petitto marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Holly Tower
Holly Tower marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Kimi
Kimi marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
 ❀ Minesha ❀
❀ Minesha ❀ marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
L
L added it
Oct 05, 2014
  • Christmas with Her Boss
  • Snow Day: Heart of the Storm\Seeing Red\Land's End
  • Single Dad's Christmas Miracle
  • All Grown Up (Men Of Wolff Mountain #5)
  • The Soldier's Sweetheart (The Larkville Legacy #7)
  • Second Chance with Her Soldier
  • Whose Baby?
  • Starting from Scratch
  • Bet On Me (Bedroom Games, #3)
  • The Man Behind the Pinstripes
  • Montana Bride
  • When Honey Got Married
  • Saved by the Rancher (The Hunted, #1)
  • The Last Real Cowboy (Cadence Creek Cowboys, #1)
  • The Switch
  • A Christmas for Carrie (Feeling the Heat, #2.5)
  • Their Newborn Gift (Outback Baby Tales, #3)
  • Some like It Spicy (A Perfect Recipe, #1)
Barbara Wallace has been a life-long romantic and daydreamer so it's not surprising she decided to become a writer at age eight. However, it wasn't until a co-worker handed her a romance novel that she knew where her stories belonged. For years she limited her dreams to nights, weekends and commuter train trips while working as a communications specialist, PR freelancer and full-time mom. At the u ...more
More about Barbara Wallace...
Weekend Agreement The Cinderella Bride Beauty and the Brooding Boss The Man Behind the Mask Mr. Right, Next Door!