Start by marking “The Courage To Say Yes” as Want to Read:
The Courage To Say Yes

The Courage To Say Yes

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  42 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Can she find the courage to love all over again?

Hunter Smith likes to keep out of messy situations; life is just easier if you don't get emotionally involved. He's never been a knight in shining armor before—but when he sees Abby Gray in trouble, he can't stop himself from stepping in…

Trying to put the scars of the past behind her, Abby has decided to make a fresh start. H
Published August 6th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Courage To Say Yes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Courage To Say Yes

Rhonda
Jun 11, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it

4 STARS

The Courage to Say Yes deals with some tough subjects in a good way I believe. Abby Gray left her boyfriend behind at least she thought she did. It took her a long time to get a plan to escape. I really don't have a clue just how hard it would be to leave. To be in that situation.

Abby is getting stronger and fighting back. She still has a lot of issues dealing with self confidence of having been in abusive relationship. Her mom has and still is in one. Abby got a waitress job. She is livi
N. Kuhn
Jan 17, 2015 N. Kuhn rated it really liked it
Shelves: chic-lit
Ok, the negative first:
This is a Harlequin? There's no sexy hot steamyness expected to come with this name and I'm starting to get disappointed with the publisher. When I read Harlequin, I want something hot! Now, don't take that as it's a bad book. Here's the positive:
This is a sweet happy ever after story. I love the courage and changing that Abby has to go through. You really get a sense of her character and what she went through. For me, it was a personal connection. I feel the author greatl
Roz ~ My Written Romance
This review, and many others, can be found on my blog, My Written Romance.

Harlequin Romance, at least in my experience, has tended towards sweeter, lighter romance. So when I picked up The Courage To Say Yes, I was surprised to see a title that dealt with some pretty heavy issues. Barbara Wallace has done an excellent job of weaving these issues into the story. It's at its heart a romance, however it doesn't shy away from mentioning the oft-painful pasts of the hero and heroine.

Abby is trying to
Amy Rachiele
Jan 21, 2014 Amy Rachiele rated it it was amazing
The Courage to Say Yes
Sweet!
Barbara Wallace takes the difficult subject of abuse and weaves a story that combines a photographer and a waitress. The characters spend some time soul searching and fighting off personal demons that are similar on an emotional level. Abby and Hunter don’t want to go back to a place they have already been. Each one of them wants to be empowered to find a new beginning.
The abuse scenes are mild and the story is a nice tale. It is heartwarming and helps to remind the
Penny Watson
Sep 05, 2013 Penny Watson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: housekeepers
Another housekeeper book! :^)

Sweet story. Grade: B+
Hsiau Wei
Nov 05, 2013 Hsiau Wei rated it liked it
This book tells the story of Abby who met Hunter at the diner that she worked. Hunter has been eating at the diner every day. Abby is running away from her ex boyfriend who is abusive and a bully. She lives in a shelter and trying hard to earn her living. But her ex has found the place where she worked and is determined to get her to be with him again. Abby, who planned her escape by skimming on the grocery money refused to comply with his demand and it angered him. He started to lose his contro ...more
Gail
Feb 19, 2014 Gail rated it really liked it
I was sent this book to read to judge for the 2013 New England Reader's Choice Bean Pot Award. I am looking forward to reading the book. I really enjoyed this romance novel. I loved going on Abby and Hunter's adventure. The book kept me guessing at to what would happen next. Thank you for my copy of the book. I hope it does well in the New England's Reader's Choice Bean Pot Award.
Michelle Douglas
Mar 16, 2015 Michelle Douglas rated it it was amazing
Riveting and moving.
Gail
Nice & angsty
Sandhya
Aug 16, 2014 Sandhya rated it liked it
A simple sweet story with cute characters. I enjoy Ms Wallace books. I love that she writes normal stories without much drama or conflicts.
Starla
Starla rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Dorgene
Dorgene rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Erin McDonough
Erin McDonough marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Pheonix Fanfiction
Pheonix Fanfiction marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
ANGELIA
ANGELIA marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
Lou
Lou marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Ellie Gray
Ellie Gray rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2015
Julie theriault
Julie theriault marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Maria Pedersen
Maria Pedersen marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Kourtney
Kourtney rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Katie
Katie added it
Aug 05, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2015
J
J marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Thelma
Thelma rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2015
Valeria
Valeria rated it liked it
May 28, 2015
  • The Soldier's Sweetheart (The Larkville Legacy #7)
  • Daring to Trust the Boss
  • Christmas with Her Boss
  • The Last Woman He'd Ever Date
  • All Grown Up (Men Of Wolff Mountain #5)
  • The Return of Mrs. Jones
  • Snow Day: Heart of the Storm\Seeing Red\Land's End
  • Second Chance with Her Soldier
  • Heiress on the Run
  • Return of the Italian Tycoon (Vineyards of Calanetti, #2)
  • Oh-So-Sensible Secretary
  • The Man Behind the Pinstripes
  • Doves for Sale (Sparrows, #2)
  • Why Resist a Rebel?
  • Ugly Ducklings Finish First
  • Whose Baby?
  • Bet On Me (Bedroom Games, #3)
  • Montana Bride
Barbara Wallace has been a life-long romantic and daydreamer so it's not surprising she decided to become a writer at age eight. However, it wasn't until a co-worker handed her a romance novel that she knew where her stories belonged. For years she limited her dreams to nights, weekends and commuter train trips while working as a communications specialist, PR freelancer and full-time mom. At the u ...more
More about Barbara Wallace...