Start by marking “Girl Least Likely to Marry (The Wedding Season, #2)” as Want to Read:
Girl Least Likely to Marry (The Wedding Season, #2)

Girl Least Likely to Marry (The Wedding Season #2)

3.53  ·  Rating Details ·  1,626 Ratings  ·  199 Reviews
Talk nerdy to me...

Samuel Tucker is absolutely the last person scientist Cassie Barclay would ever date. Yes, he's gorgeous, but he's also far too cocky for his own good and thinks that Pi is a tasty afternoon treat. So when he asks her to dance at her friend Reese's non-wedding she's wondering why on earth she says yes!

Tuck is used to people assuming he's all brawn and n
Published July 23rd 2013 by Harlequin KISS

To ask other readers questions about Girl Least Likely to Marry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl Least Likely to Marry

Saly
Rating 4.5 stars
Amy Andrews strikes again. In Girl Least Likely to Marry, she has written such a wonderfully romantic yet funny book.

The heroine Cassie is such a complex character, with her IQ off the charts but when it comes to human emotion her IQ zero and then at her friend's Reese almost wedding she meets the best man Tuck and her IQ goes for a toss because all she can think about is him and that never happens to her. Because Cassie is all about control and her work, she eats at a certain ti
Desere
May 27, 2013 Desere rated it it was amazing

We all know reading is knowledge and knowledge is power, and everything you know has come from books, but what if reading all the books in the world has taught you everything except when it comes to love, you know absolutely nothing and you have no idea how to act or what any of the feelings mean?

For scientist Cassie this is precisely the case. She has always put everything down to logic. But when she meets I'll-bring-you-to-orgasm-even-if-it-takes-me-all-night Tuck she is not so sure anymore. H
Cat's Review
Dec 01, 2013 Cat's Review rated it it was ok
RLA
Sep 10, 2013 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite hearing many good things, this is actually the first book I have ever read by Amy Andrews. Naturally I was excited and had high hopes. I don't think I was disappointed with the final result!

This is the second book in The Wedding Season mini-series and follows straight on from The Unexpected Wedding Guest by Aimee Carson.

Readers beware... this book is capital H hot! And has so much will-she?-won't-she? sexual tension you'll virtually be perching on the edge of your seat! (P.s. Sort of a m
Kimberly
Jun 02, 2013 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2013/06...

Certified genius Cassiopeia Barclay is all about logic. Sexual attraction has no place in her life and she certainly doesn’t believe in love, so why is she drawn to former NFL quarterback Samuel Tucker? He’s a jock who wouldn’t know auroras from apples, but the pheromones he throws off send Cassie’s libido skyrocketing. Unfortunately for her, one night with Tuck isn’t nearly enough to get him out of her mind.

Tuck’s
Tammie
Aug 01, 2013 Tammie rated it it was amazing
What happens when a Girl Genius and a Sexy Jock meet? A lot of pheromone sniffing and two insatiable sexual appetites!

This book marks a few firsts for me:

1. First Harlequin KISS
2. First Amy Andrews read

I don't know if this is the norm for other Harlequin KISS books, or if it's just Amy Andrews's great writing style, but this book reminded me of the old Harlequin Temptations. I always loved those books and hated when they fizzled out. Amy's voice is fun and brilliant! The plot's not overly comp
Vi
Jul 05, 2013 Vi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
This book is actually book 2 in a series. It was slightly confusing at first because the author needed to provide background info. Let me sum it up here. Cassie has three friends that she met in college. She is attending the wedding of one of them, Reese. Apparently in the first book, Reese left her groom at the altar to elope with her ex-husband.

This book begins with the aftermath of the cancelled wedding. Cassie is an astronomer, currently working to get her PhD at Cornell. She spots Tuck and
Gail
Fun story. I really enjoyed reading it. I did find it a little jarring when the Texan hero occasionally thought in Brit-speak (No "expiry" dates here), and when you're in a character's POV, you're in their thoughts. I was impressed with the really lengthy love scenes that never got boring like all too many do. Not an easy thing to do. This story about a brilliant girl scientist and the brilliant but hunky jock whose pheromones take her prisoner doesn't actually have much plot, but it doesn't nee ...more
steph
This book made me smile, laugh and fan myself. Pretty much all the standards of a good book. Also I really liked how Cassie didnt have a makeover for Tuck. She stayed herself with her baggy, oversized geek inspired t-shirts and hair in a ratty ponytail and that was okay because Tuck liked her just the way she was. Great message.
Katie Q
Jun 02, 2013 Katie Q rated it really liked it
What a terrific story. A different angle that made it all the more compelling to read. Thoroughly good read. The protagonist is certainly one out of the box.
Lady
Jul 05, 2013 Lady rated it it was amazing
Thanks Saly loved it.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

4.5 STARS

I have to hand it to Amy Andrews for writing a heroine who is Mensa smart but is devoid of motions. She talked about it in a letter to her readers at the beginning of the book and I wondered if I’d be able to enjoy such a heroine, I’m happy to report that despite it all I found this character beyond fascinating and add in the hero and her friends and you have an amazing cast of characters and
Brandi Kennedy
Feb 14, 2016 Brandi Kennedy rated it it was amazing
My impressions at 25%:
I haven't giggled this much while reading a book since I was way too young to be reading the kinds of books I've read. Cassie and Tuck are hilarious, and I love them both. Tuck is smart but pretends not be just to irritate Cassie; he's charming and funny and beautiful. Cassie is beautiful too, though she has no idea, and I love that she's so smart it makes her completely clueless. I'm in love with both of them at this point.

So in love, in fact, that I'm already anxious to p
Dragana
Cassiopeia knows “love is a romantic construct perpetrated by romance novels and Hollywood with no sound scientific basis”. Introverted geek girl to the max, everything Cassie does is calm, measured and logical. Why should she bothered by fashion, makeup or some boring social norms when there are so many secrets of the universe to be discovered?

Samuel Tucker is “big, blond ex-quarterback who’d obviously fallen out of the stupid tree. And hit every branch on the way down.” At least that’s Cassie’
Aliaa El-Nashar
Jul 01, 2013 Aliaa El-Nashar rated it liked it
When I first saw this book, I had no idea it was a sequel in a quartet. But the books do work as standalones so I didn't really feel confused or anything whilst reading it. I am not always fond of Harlequin KISS reads, but this one sounded really interesting, not to mention the title and cover in particular were very catchy.

The thing with this book is, I wasn't a big fan of Cassie. She annoyed me to no end, and I guess maybe it was the author's attempt at making her sound so intelligent and hard
Lila Hunter
Jun 08, 2013 Lila Hunter rated it really liked it
Shelves: format-english
My view

The Girl Least Likely to Marry is different than most romance novels plots. There is no weak heroine and a superhero. The story is based on commitment and physical attraction, but at the same time shows the feelings the characters developed.

The relationship between Tuck and Cassie is logical, witty and sexy. Both characters are portrait on a unique way and not has a common ex-NFL player and an astronomer. There are confident and knew exactly what they wanted and how to get it.

The book
Nancy Crocker
May 23, 2013 Nancy Crocker rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
In Girl Least Likely To Marry: We meet Cassiopeia “Cassie” Barclay who rocks an IQ of 163. I fell in love with this quirky and nerdy genius. From the way she dresses to not caring about wearing make-up. Add in her demands to needing eight hours of sleep each night. She is very different from your typical heroine. And she is instantly attracted to Tuck and his pheromones.

Samuel Tucker aka Tuck is every woman’s dream. A professional quarterback who’s career is most likely over. He is everything a
Wanda
Jun 11, 2013 Wanda rated it really liked it
Cassie is all about her studies, everything is about logic. But when she meets super sexyTuck she is not so sure anymore. She wants to be logic, but she can’t stop thinking about Tuck.

Cassie is what most would call a nerd. Tuck is a Jock, but what Cassie doesn’t realize he isn’t a dumb jock. Yes we have seen stories like this in the past but this one is very very different than anyone I have ever read. It was interesting, the storyline held my attention. I enjoyed how the plot grew. It had a gr
Vi
A light fluffy contemporary which was just what I needed.

Positives:

- Loved both the h/H. Cassie was delightfully awkard and Tuck was wonderfully accomodating. He really didn't try to change her.
- I really liked the fact that Love doesn't magically cure the h in this book. She's still the same person she was at the starting.
- And Tuck being a work-at-home guy can live anywhere and he doesn't actually need Cassie to give up her career.

The biggest negative I had was the insta-love trope. It was ve
Writerlibrarian
This is a romance where a genius woman meets a not so dumb jock. It's mostly a two characters story. It's part of a series but I didn't feel the need to read the others.

Cassie and Samuel 'Tuck' Tucker courtship is not your average romance. It's geek scientist, Cassie, meets retired quarterback jock Tuck and sparks flies. Cassie approaches her libido waking up with logic and both Cassie and Tuck embark on a passionate, yet adorable relationship that isn't a relationship.

A quick, funny and differ
Kate Woodsen
Mar 14, 2015 Kate Woodsen rated it it was amazing
I'm giving this a five star. Because I could definitely relate to Cassie. I don't believe in love as well. We both have our heads rule our body, and not by our hearts. I am not super genius as she was though, but yeah, I'd rather lock myself in a room to read and write than have a social life.
It was so refreshing, I saw it in her eyes. A bit emotional change and she was confuse. Hell, I would be too.
I loved it. Simple as that.
Donna Porter
Oct 28, 2013 Donna Porter rated it really liked it
this was a good short story only 224 pages. It was really a nice love story. Centers on Cassie a 30 yr old college student. She is going to Cornell for 3 months for her continuing study of the universal and Jupiter. She does everything logically and doesn't believe in love. She meets Tuck and he rocks her world and changes everything she believes. It is a really good read
Stella
4.5 stars!

Fun, entertaining and REALLY good!
Ramsi Kalia
Oct 04, 2015 Ramsi Kalia rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned-series
Wtf did I just read
Helen
Feb 07, 2014 Helen rated it really liked it
This a really good story the geek girl Cassie and the jock Tuck fall into a relationship to help with Cassie's libido not realising that they will both fall deeply in love. Loved it
Bookswithbenefits
Nov 10, 2013 Bookswithbenefits rated it it was amazing
It’s a story of opposites attract. Sort of. A dumb football jock and a super geek genius? Sign me, up! After all, everyone loves oil-and-water stories, tales of people who come together because they’re simply meant to, despite all obstacles and personal differences. Beauty and the Beast. Elizabeth and Darcy. Paula Abdul and Cool Cat. (Yeah, that’s right. I went there). But in this timeless trope, it only seems to be a story of opposites. Right? Underneath all that tension and denial are two peop ...more
Petra Grayson
Nov 02, 2013 Petra Grayson rated it really liked it
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this book. It was one of those books that you sort-of think is going to be focused on changing the heroine: she's frumpy and bookish, so you think make-over and then she'll get the guy. Which is always a sort-of sad way to go, but pretty often that you find things that way. But this didn't live up to any of those expectations. It took everything in a completely different way that turned out to be so affirming.

Cassie is smart, like genius level smart. And she's
Katie_la_geek

For this review and more visit my blog

Girl Least Likely to Marry was a short and sweet romance that I mostly enjoyed. It had some interesting characters that I didn’t always get on with but for the most part I enjoyed this one, it was a cute and entertaining read. The story is a familiar one but it was written well and had character. I was not bored by this even if I have read something like it before.

Essentially all my problems with this book began and ended with Cassie. There were times when
MyGoodBookshelf
Talk Nerdy To Me... (3.5 stars)

I just love romance novels about nerds. There’s something inherently endearing in reading about a smart hero/heroine who unexpectedly finds love for the first time, yet blindly tries to let their head overrule their heart.

Cassie is one such person. An uber-smart astronomer and PHD student with a genius IQ, she just doesn’t believe in love and all the emotions it entails. That’s until she encounters former football jock Samuel Tucker (Tuck) at a friend’s non-weddin
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World :)

A new take to modern romance. In the Girl Least Likely to Marry, Cassie Barclay, a scientist whose idea of romance is the least of her concerns has been invited to her friend's wedding and ends up meeting ex-NFL quarterback Samuel Tucker. From the very beginnings Cassie was determined to stay away from Tucker, but as a ladies' man, Tucker has other ideas in mind. He is determined to win over the smarty scientist and teach her a thing or two about
Madison Mega-Mara...: Girl Least Likely to Marry - 6th Oct Book 1 1 Oct 28, 2013 06:04AM
  • The Unexpected Wedding Guest (The Wedding Season, #1)
  • Maid of Dishonor (The Wedding Season, #3)
  • Last Groom Standing (The Wedding Season, #4)
  • Faking It to Making It
  • Why Resist a Rebel?
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)
  • Her Man in Manhattan (Brannigan, #3)
  • One More Sleepless Night
  • Hitched!
  • If You Can't Stand the Heat... (Modern Tempted)
  • Once is Never Enough
  • The Guy to Be Seen With
  • An Invitation to Sin (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #2)
  • Her Favorite Temptation (Mathews Sisters, #1)
  • Must Like Kids
  • Backstage with Her Ex
Amy Andrews is a multi-published, award- winning author of 50+ romance novels across both traditional and digital platforms. She writes for Harlequin Mills and Boon, Entangled, Harper Collins Australia, Momentum Publishing, Escape Publishing and Tule. She's sold in excess of a million books worldwide and has been translated into over a dozen languages. In her spare time she is a PICU nurse and mot ...more
More about Amy Andrews...

The Wedding Season (4 books)
  • The Unexpected Wedding Guest (The Wedding Season, #1)
  • Maid of Dishonor (The Wedding Season, #3)
  • Last Groom Standing (The Wedding Season, #4)