Start by marking “Rocky Coast Romance (Holiday Harbor #1)” as Want to Read:
Rocky Coast Romance (Holiday Harbor #1)

Rocky Coast Romance (Holiday Harbor #1)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  83 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
INSPIRATIONAL ROMANCE

Book 1-Holiday Harbor: Where love is just around the bend...

Journalist Bree Farrell heads to the village of Holiday Harbor to salvage her career. And walks straight into the arms of handsome young mayor Cooper Landry. Cooper's fighting to keep his sleepy Maine community from the clutches of big-city developers. And Bree knows it's a major scoop. But th
Published July 23rd 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Rocky Coast Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rocky Coast Romance

Kelly
Oct 03, 2014 Kelly marked it as um-yeah
Shelves: first-reads
Won Rocky Coast Romance from Goodreads First Reads. Did not get the book yet, but when I do, I will get to reading it soon. (:
Visionlee Browning
Jun 17, 2013 Visionlee Browning marked it as to-read
Won this book a couple of days ago on goodreads.com. Can't wait to start reading.
Tina
Jul 11, 2013 Tina rated it really liked it
I received this book through the Goodread's Member Giveaway. I would like to thank the author and publisher for sending me the book to review.
First of all, I would like to say that I have enjoyed many of the Love Inspired books. They always prove to be light, quick reading, without being plot-less or boring. They are nice to keep in the car for a quick chapter while waiting for the kids, or in your bag for a nice lunchtime getaway. I appreciate the fact that these books provide that Happily Ev
Aliza
I received this book from the first reads giveaway through Goodreads. I don't normally read books written specifically as romance books. When entering the giveaway I decided that it sounded as if it had a good story and it should be a clean read because it was an inspirational romance book.

I really liked this book. I love stories set in small towns where everybody knows each other. I liked the quirkiness of the characters, the descriptions of the small town, the beauty of the lighthouse, the lig
Esther Somorai
Jul 30, 2013 Esther Somorai rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book from the author through GoodReads, first-reads giveaway. Thank you so much.

This is an enjoyable, clean read taking place in a small coastal village that needs a shot of tourism to stay alive and well. Beautiful setting, old lighthouse and church, quaint shops and characters that you can fall in love with.
June
Oct 25, 2013 June rated it really liked it
She's a journalist. He's a lawyer acting as temporary mayor. Together they are working on getting more tourists to come visit the quaint town of Holiday Harbor. They spend plenty of time together and learn a few lessons from each other. An enjoyable book and I am looking forward to book 2 of Holiday Harbor.
Maryann Skaritka
Oct 12, 2015 Maryann Skaritka rated it really liked it
This is the third book I have read by Mia and it was a fun read! I love how Mia takes the reader right into the heart of the location. You can almost smell the salty air and hear the crashing waves!

Holiday Harbor, Maine is faced with a dilemma of keeping their town financially viable despite the decline in the fishing industry which they rely on. The town is also divided on the proposal of a developer to build many huge houses and a golf course in an undeveloped part of the area.

Bree Farrell is
Salyna
Jun 18, 2014 Salyna rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own
I haven't read a Love Inspired book it awhile. To be honest, they aren't always my favorite. I feel like their is not enough time to build up a decent conflict and overcome it. I have been proved wrong in the past and some of these books do draw me in like a regular sized novel. However, this one didn't do it for me.

For one, the main conflict throughout the story was bigger than it should have been made out to be. I get why it was big to the character, but I don't understand why it effected eve
Jasmyn
Nov 09, 2013 Jasmyn rated it liked it
Rocky Coast Romance is a clean romance. There is no sex, but there is a lot of story and there is plenty of romance. Bree comes to Holiday Harbor as her last chance. Her last chance at her journalism career after thoroughly blowing it on a previous assignment. Her last chance at independence, and her last chance at love (even if she doesn't realize it at first). Writing a bit of a fluff piece about the small ocean side fishing community to help boost tourism, she discovers that there is more to ...more
Jeanie
Jun 28, 2013 Jeanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I loved this book! Holiday Harbor is a charming little town where everybody knows everybody, and unlike Bree, I immediately wanted to pack up and move there! I could, however, see some of my former self in Bree. Working hard does not guarantee the desired position in work or life if one has a quirky personality. Bree has many positive qualities, including hard-working, intelligent and intuitive, and excellent in her projects. Having to re-evaluate her life and faith was a gift in disguise ... "s ...more
Janine
"Rocky Coast Romance" by Mia Ross is the first book of her Holiday Harbor series and what an amazing start of a series to boot.

I am not one who likes heroines who have a massive ego or bigger chips on their shoulders, but wow Bree just got under my skin and I couldn't help myself but actually feel sorry for her. She is trying to stay in her chosen profession even going to some small, quaint Maine fishing community. Now part of what made me like this tough girl was the fact she learned lessons an
Tanya Vought
Jul 15, 2013 Tanya Vought rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was a sweet inspirational story of two young people who have been wounded by past events.

Mia creates such emotion, vivid detail, inspiration, humor and more in this short sweet story.

Bree and Cooper needed inspiration, encouragement and someone to believe in them/truly trust... and Mia created them for each other. Despite their stubborn attitudes that sometimes clashes, they were right for each other on all accounts and the pure "attraction" that lead to only wanting to know more before a
Kathy
Jul 21, 2013 Kathy rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads, 2013
Bree comes to Holiday Harbor seeking one last chance to salvage her career as a journalist. Mayor Cooper Landry is desperate for the article she writes to revive the town's economy by increasing tourism. Cooper is Bree's personal tour guide during the Independence Day weekend, and Bree is given a chance to see the heart of this quirky town and its characters. Bree's visit to Holiday Harbor changes both of them, but is it enough to convince her to stay?

I enjoyed reading this book. It was fun to w
Kay M
Aug 06, 2015 Kay M rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance and dog rescue, too!
This is a good little romance set in a lovely coastal village in Maine, peopled with interesting characters. I especially like Mavis, the lighthouse keeper's widow and the appealing hero, Cooper. The dog rescue added a warm depth to the main story.
Judy
Thank you Goodreads First Reads and Mia Ross for the gift of this light, entertaining and inspiring book. After having recently read several dark, intense books, I was needing something a little more uplifting. My family recently vacationed on the Maine coast, so I could easily picture the small sleepy village of Holiday Harbor and its surroundings.
Journalist Bree Farrell who is attempting to revive her career travels to Holiday Harbor to write an article that will attract tourists to this pict
Brittany
Jul 04, 2013 Brittany rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Bree Farrell is a journalist looking to prove herself after a big mistake almost cost her the career that she loved. Connor Landry, an attorney, is the mayor of his hometown, a scenic little place in Maine. When Bree is sent to Holiday Harbor to write a story that will hopefully draw tourists to the quaint town and drum up tourism, a friendship develops between the two of them. Maine is a beautiful setting for this story and the two characters have a few hurdles to work through before they can f ...more
Nicolette
Jun 18, 2014 Nicolette rated it liked it
This was cute, and I loved the pets in this. They just enhanced the characters that they help represent.
Pianosue
Jan 26, 2015 Pianosue rated it really liked it
Good start to this series. Enjoyed it.
Georgiann Hennelly
Dec 11, 2013 Georgiann Hennelly rated it it was amazing
Bree Farrell is a Journalist. She decides to go to the village of Holiday Harbor to try to salvage her career. She walks into the arms of Cooper Landry the Mayor. Cooper is trying to keep the sleepy Maine community from big- city developers. Bree knows this is a major scoop. But the longer she stays in town the more the quirky townsfolk- and Cooper win her over. Will Bree follow her heart and make Holiday Harbor her home? Beautifully written i really connected with Bree i look forward to reading ...more
Megan
Jun 22, 2013 Megan rated it it was ok
I received this ARC from Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.

This was more a 2 to 2.5 star read for me, part of which is based on personal preference. I enjoyed the story well enough and I was very excited when they found and adopted a Newfie (as we have a Newfoundland in the family at our home). However, I found myself skimming through much of the book and some arts dragged for me a bit.
Still, this is a quick read with fun characters and a quirky town. It's a clean read with heartfelt characters.
Tami
Jun 24, 2015 Tami rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
LOVED IT!! I won this book in a goodreads first reads giveaway from the author, Mia Ross (Thank you :D ) I was very excited to win the book & read it and I was not disappointed! It is such a feel good story. When reading it, you feel like you are getting to know the characters & want to visit Holiday Harbor, not just for the beauty & history, but to help the economy,too.. lol The ending sent me on an emotional roller coaster, but I was very happy with the way the story ended.
Debbie
Jun 29, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it
This book was like taking a vacation without going anywhere! Though a pretty quick and light read, I enjoyed getting to know the characters in this seaside Maine town. The additional animal component was fun because anyone who has encountered either of these two animals has to have a soft spot for their cuteness! Thank you Goodreads and Mia Ross for the giveaway--I'll be checking Mia's other books!
Merry
Jul 17, 2014 Merry rated it really liked it
I loved the rugged, Maine coastal setting! It was an engaging romantic story with an awesome dog rescue included. I look forward to reading other books in this series.
Christel
Jun 26, 2013 Christel rated it really liked it
Shelves: won-done
Although this is a chaste "Christian" romance, there is enough plot and character development so this is a rewarding "beach read" that I enjoyed. The addition of two animal characters worked very well as it said a lot about the people involved. I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to review this.
Oct 12, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
I won this book on goodreads and enjoyed it but it lacked something. I just didn't connect with the characters as much as I should have and it felt a little like the relationship between the two main characters was the side story.
Janice Sisemore
Jan 23, 2014 Janice Sisemore rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Good book, love the dog in it.
Melinda
Jun 26, 2013 Melinda rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Great quick read! I loved the characters and descriptive writing that allowed you to visualize the locations. I would suggest this book to anyone looking for an uplifting love story.
I received this book free from Goodreads.com.
Nicole
Jun 30, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it
Shelves: firstreads
I won this book in a First Reads giveaway. I liked it. To be fair, it was more or less simple clean romantic fluff, but the story was nice, characters were eccentric, and it had a happy ending. Good summer read.
Donna
Jul 28, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it
Rocky Coast Romance was a quick and easy read. I found it enjoyable and especially liked Sammy and Reggie. The visual descriptions of Holiday Harbor were great. I would like to travel to a place like that.
Harlequin Books
"This is a delightful read, full of quirky characters and charm as beautiful as the dialogue." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Holiday Harbor
Category: Inspirational Romance
  • Healing Hearts
  • The Soldier's Sweetheart (Serendipity Sweethearts, #1)
  • Second Chance in Dry Creek
  • Sugarplum Homecoming (Whisper Falls, #3)
  • The Bachelor Baker (The Heart of Main Street, #2)
  • Carbon Copy Cowboy (Texas Twins, #3)
  • The Soldier's Newfound Family (Texas Twins, #5)
  • Finally a Bride (Charity House, #7)
  • Mistletoe Prayers (Bodine Family, #2.5)
  • Her Unforgettable Cowboy (Cowboys of Sunrise Ranch, #1)
  • The Cowboy's Healing Ways (Cooper Creek, #4)
  • Montana Cowboy
  • His Unexpected Family
  • Look-Alike Lawman (Texas Twins, #4)
  • The Guy Next Door
  • Reunited with the Sheriff
  • The Baby Bequest (Wilderness Brides, #2)
Mia Ross loves great stories. She enjoys reading about fascinating people, long-ago times, and exotic places. But only for a little while, because her reality is pretty sweet. Married to her college sweetheart, she's the proud mom of two amazing kids whose schedules keep her hopping. Busy as she is, she can't imagine trading her life for anyone else's--and she has a pretty good imagination.
More about Mia Ross...

Holiday Harbor (3 books)
  • Jingle Bell Romance (Holiday Harbor #2)
  • Seaside Romance (Holiday Harbor #3)