Start by marking “Without Aiden” as Want to Read:
Without Aiden

Without Aiden

Is a gift of love enough to open Aiden’s heart and let Tris back in?

After the car accident that killed his parents and left his sister paralyzed, Tris is left with nothing. His family is destroyed. His reputation is shot. And all he has is the guilt of knowing it was all his fault. People in town know he’d been drinking that night, and know he should never have gotten behi
Published February 15th 2013 by Etopia Press (first published February 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Without Aiden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Without Aiden

Gigi
Feb 19, 2013 Gigi rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
I was lucky enough to get this book the day before it came out, my first complimentary book. (Cool!) To be perfectly honest, the blurb didn't thrill me and I probably would have skipped it, but since it was free and there were no stipulations given to me to write a review, I decided to skim it and see what it was all about. I was incredibly surprised that, while the subject matter twisted my heart quite a bit and the angst was more than I personally choose to take on in my M/M fiction, I quite ...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
May 07, 2013 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, ebook, shorty, hof
Review written for Hearts On Fire Reviews - 3 stars

This story centers around Tristram (Tris), a 21-year old young man who is seemingly responsible for the deaths of his parents and his sister’s paralysis when he wrecked their vehicle drunk driving. After the accident, the townspeople have all but shunned him and now treat him horribly. He spends all of his money, and the money from his parents, to care for his ailing sister at home.

The accident also cost Tris the love of his life, Aiden, who,
Deeze
Apr 19, 2013 Deeze rated it it was ok
1.5

This should have been a sweet and angsty read for me, instead it was rather boring and predictable.

I felt no connection between Aiden and Tris. Instead we are treated to Tris constantly feeling aroused when ever he see’s Aiden or we are treated to Tris remembering the sex they had while he relieves himself. In fact all Tris seems to be able to fixate on is sex, either in deed or thought.

There is little real story to bind these scenes together. The towns folk are a bunch of vicious haters tha
Heather C
May 20, 2013 Heather C marked it as did-not-finish
Too much cock twitching and flashbacks...and I only made it to 12% :(
Susan Laine
Jun 02, 2013 Susan Laine rated it it was amazing
Dianne Hartsock’s stories always make me smile or cry or both. The emotions and sensations come through so heartfelt and palpable, close to the skin and heart.

Tris is the POV hero. He’s lost his parents, and is about to lose his sister, too. His boyfriend, Aiden, left him after the accident, and the whole town hates him, calling him killer and murderer. Being in the same business is his renowned father, Tris is fighting a losing battle, unable to find work in a town where people just want him go
Michelle Bowman  / We Love Kink .com
I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about this book when it was first given to me. My experience with M/M romance isn’t that vast. But after being given the chance to read this book, it has lead me to explore more M/M books and I have found a new genre that I have just one gaga over.

Without Aiden pulls on a lot of heart strings. You can’t help but feel for Tris. He lost his mother & father just a few months ago due to a drink diving accident where he was the drunk driver. Not only did this
Tempeste O'Riley
Jul 09, 2013 Tempeste O'Riley rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars

Without Aiden is the story not just of Tris and Aiden, but of what one man will do for or because of family.

When Tris and his family leave a party one night, Tris is the only one to walk away. Even worse, his boyfriend leaves him and the town turns on him because "I drank too much and they died" is his only answer for how the wreck happened that killed both his parents and left his sister paralyzed.

I absolutely adored this story of love, loss, and redemption. I loved how Aiden, who tu
D.D. Symms
Jun 29, 2013 D.D. Symms rated it really liked it
I like how Dianne took a tough issue -- drunk driving and a family tragedy -- and used that in a m/m romance, love story. It's not sugar coated and Tris is a tragic figure. Little details bring life to a story and Without Aiden has those -- a roll of measuring tape being tossed, eating lunch while working on a remodel and the details that go with the heartbreak of losing family members.

I would have liked a bit more foreshadowing of Tris trying to keep the secret and being tormented by hiding the
Cathy Brockman
Mar 07, 2013 Cathy Brockman rated it it was amazing
Tris is going through a lot. He lost his mother and father three months ago due to a car wreck. He was drinking too much and lost the love of his life at the same time. He still hopes someday Aiden will forgive him and take him back.
I couldn’t help but feel sorry for Tris even though it seemed that he was the reason Aiden left him. I didn’t feel like the town should be against him even if he was at fault. I loved the way the story unfolded slowly and the story of Aiden and Tris came in very heat
Tailtiu
Feb 20, 2013 Tailtiu rated it really liked it
3,55*
Christy T
Feb 24, 2013 Christy T rated it really liked it
3.5
Jody
May 20, 2013 Jody rated it liked it
Dianne Hartsock has penned a surprisingly emotional story that hinges on a lie. It's a lie being kept out of love, but it's made life miserable for Trist as almost everyone in town despises him for killing his parents and paralyzingly his sister after a night of binge drinking. This unrelenting hatred of him shows small town living at its worst and feels a bit over the top. Trist continually rises above all the anger to care for his sister and work to make ends meet. The only times he breaks ...more
Suze
Apr 03, 2014 Suze rated it liked it
A fairly short read that had I sliding scale, would put as 3.5.
The story is of Tris, who sacrifices all when his parents are killed and his sister mortally injured in an accident that he escapes injury free. He looses his family, boyfriend, the sympathy of most of the community. It pulls at the heart strings watching Tris being shunned, beaten and villified by those who should support him.
A new man in town hires Tris to help him renovate houses, giving him some support and friendship.
The end co
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:JustJen
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 3 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Victoria
Victoria rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2014
jules0623
Tris was better off without Aiden, IMO. He's an asshat.
Vikki Vaught
Vikki Vaught rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Simone
Simone rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2013
Perpetua
Perpetua rated it it was ok
Mar 07, 2013
Ladywolf
Ladywolf rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2013
francis.
francis. rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2014
Laura rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2013
Nathanael
Nathanael rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2013
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2013
Ale
Ale rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2014
Cbeja
Cbeja rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2013
NancyM
NancyM rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2013
Miika
Miika rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2013
Nik
Nik rated it it was ok
Jan 30, 2016
After growing up in California and spending the first ten years of marriage in Colorado, I now live in the beautiful Willamette Valley of Oregon with my incredibly patient husband, who puts up with the endless hours I spend hunched over the keyboard letting my characters play.
I have to say, Oregon’s raindrops are the perfect setting in which to write. There’s something about being cooped up in th
More about Dianne Hartsock...