Start by marking “One Hundred Times to China” as Want to Read:
One Hundred Times to China

One Hundred Times to China

4.6 of 5 stars 4.60  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Black-robed priests roam the countryside with shotguns. The Green Legionnaires break into houses. Acid rains ruin the forest of America, as hordes of refugees from the desolate northern cities travel south for the most terrible of winters.

For Arthur Ferrier and his family, the pleasant town of South Haven has long been home. But what was once so familiar and comfortable ha
Published March 13th 2013 by Doubleday (first published January 1st 1979)

To ask other readers questions about One Hundred Times to China, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Hundred Times to China

Donna
Lloyd Kropp was my poetry teacher in college. This book is a beautiful, sad story and well worth tracking down a used copy to read.
Kristin Little
This book is a gem, and it is truly tragic that it is no longer in print. A touching story of love, family, and the kindness of others in the face of immense danger. The title is how a young boy describes how much he loves his mother (the distance to China being the largest thing he can fathom). This book will touch your heart. Required reading for my high school English class years ago, it became my favorite book, and the title is engraved on the inside of my husband's wedding ring. I can give ...more
Carol Feldman
I don't really know if this was 4 stars or only 2 stars and I just liked it for some reason. It seemed as though the writing was well done and I loved the characters of the two boys. I don't like it when supernatural intercedes into a struggle. It just feels like cheating to me. I guess if the supernatural element weren't in there I would have given it a definite 4 stars. Oh well.
Clint
Clint marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Christopher York
Christopher York marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2011
The Drift Greencastle And The Denizens Of The Sacred Crypt: A Novel Who Is Mary Stark? Who Is Mary Stark