Start by marking “Selling Scarlett (Love Inc., #1)” as Want to Read:
Selling Scarlett (Love Inc., #1)

Selling Scarlett (Love Inc. #1)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  6,226 ratings  ·  700 reviews
Elizabeth DeVille doesn't belong at a party like this—one where the gowns cost more than her Camry and cigars run higher than her grad school utility bills. Dragged out of seclusion by her best friend Suri, Elizabeth is merely playing dress-up, rubbing elbows with a crowd that banished her troubled family years ago.

Hunter West is tired. Tired of parties, tired of pretendin
Published April 13th 2013 by Barkley's Books

To ask other readers questions about Selling Scarlett, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selling Scarlett

Losing Me, Finding You by C.M. StunichDaddy Morebucks by Normandie AllemanDaddy's Game by Normandie AllemanHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickDown to You by M. Leighton
So you love HOT and AWESOME COVERS
6th out of 304 books — 353 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireReal by Katy EvansClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. Stephens
Best Books Published in 2013
285th out of 3,186 books — 7,128 voters

More lists with this book...

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
! Selling Scarlett (stand alone) book 1. Suspenseful story of secrets, lies, villains, blackmail, kidnapping & conspiracy plus a brewing romance between a 5-star hero & heroine.

My warmest thanks go out to my fellow buddy-readers Mackenzie, Ash and Natalie, in particular Mackenzie who suggested we read this book, which ended up being the perfect way to spend the weekend!

Selling Scarlett is a stand-alone book 1 in the Love Inc. series. Each book will have its own hero/heroine. I recommend
Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean and Archer❤️❤️
*****3.75 Stars*****
(ARC Provided by Netgalley)

photo b2b593fc896cb4c42bbfbd0762f9dcf0_zpsa5b90138.jpg

Elizabeth "Libby" Deville is a 23 year old college student, who was once an heiress to a bottled water company, until her father sold his shares to the company and abandoned Libby and her mother.
Her mom's an addict who is currently in rehab.
She lives with her best friend, Suri, in Napa Valley.

Hunter West, has been the object of Libby's fantasies, since she was 16 and he was the hot, older, guy next door.
Hunter likes spending time with escorts.
"That's All" Ash
Would have been a great book had the author showed up.

[image error]

That's all.

*Marsha,Marsha,Marsha* It's always Marsha
Best line in this book: I give blow jobs! Don't hurt me! I'll give you a blowjob!

Well, Ella James went over to the dark side in a pretty wild way. Mystery,brothel,selling V card, political escapades, drug addictions, S/M, sex trade, and only god knows what else. I feel sort of tied up in knots about this one because I wanted Priscilla the Bitch in Heat to HURT. And I mean hurt.

There are so many layers to this story that at times, in the beginning, I did get a tad confused. Lots of going back an
Ups and Downs with this one...

Selling Scarlett was like a psychotic snowball rolling down a hill - all awkward and unassuming at the beginning; easy to ignore, monochromatic white on white... Then to my surprise (and seemingly out of nowhere) it gained momentum. Unstoppable momentum. It rolled over everything in its path, leaving me wondering if that crappy little snowball at the beginning was really the precursor to the avalanche it became.

Alright, enough of the metaphors... This book was a lot
Stacia- Three Girls and a Book Obsession
The idea and synopsis of this book grabbed me; however, the book didn't meet my expectations.
I hate giving a one star (I think this is my first one)- but unfortunately this book just didn't feel complete and it read as though the author was trying to fill the story with too many parts.
Throughout the book, I felt as though parts of the story were missing. I wasn't able to connect with the characters and even 1/2 way through the book there was just no invest into the storyline. I felt like their
Once I saw that Ella James had teamed up with some of my favorite authors, I knew I needed to start this series. Who could resist when you look at the company she keeps? And just who are these authors? CD Reiss, K.I. Lynn, JA Huss, Cc Gibbs, Shay Savage, Andrea Smith, Alessandra Torre and K. Bromberg. Haven't heard of The Erotica Consortium yet? Check out the Facebook Page by clicking here!

So as you can see, there was no way I was going to put off reading this book any longer.

Elizabeth (Libby) i
Oct 06, 2013 Chilli rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chilli by: Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer
Selling Scarlett is such an 'out there' story line that whilst I'm reading it, I'm thinking WTF.

Again whilst I'm reading it I'm also thinking "put it down, this is ridiculous" - and yet I couldn't. Sometimes you get to a point in a book where you've gone so far, you may as well go all the way! It had a bit of suspense, plenty of drama and some sex thrown in. More of a contemporary romance (with a bit of spice) rather than erotica.

3 1/2 stars.
4 Stars

Yes, there were times that my head was spinning, and yes, it did take me a couple days to get through the first 40% of the book, but it was worth it. There was so much going on but it all tied in together making the mystery and story between Hunter and Elizabeth extremely intriguing!

This was one of those strange books that I actually enjoyed reading the heroine's POV more than the hero's. Hunter was fine, sexy and swoon-worthy, but he was always going through so much that it was either e
******* 4.5 STARS! *******

Can I believe this was a freebie? NO! But I am so glad I picked it up because it left me speechless.
I fell right into this wonderful story from the prologue. I had read other reviews that said it took time to take off but for me it was a rocket into my mind's stratosphere from the beginning!

It had many elements to it like romance, suspense, betrayal, deceit, kidnapping and forgiveness. I loved this book. Truly.

Quick synopsis: Elizabeth DeVille is almost a social outcast
Barbara Ann
I didn’t plan to read this book, but I’m glad I did. I didn’t think I would like the plot, but I was wrong. Stories centering on the unfettered world of the uber rich don’t usually appeal to me, and I wasn’t compelled to read about a professional gambler’s life of excess and a woman’s unconventional approach to get her V-card stamped.

I was interested in the plot of the second book in the series, Taming Cross, and thought I could read it as a standalone based on the book’s description on Amazon.
I love the unique plot of this story, is something I never even remotely read before. A woman who tries to sell her V-card for a noble cause. That sounds Victorian, which make me assume that this was initially a historical romance. The cover and the blurb sounds like the normal fluff, but there were some pretty serious issue dealt here. Kidnapping, abuse, human trafficking, friendship and love, of course.

The heroine, Elizabeth aka Libby is a virgin, a fact that will usually make me cringe, but
This was nearly a DNF for me, But I stuck with it and In the end I did enjoy it.

It's a weird one for me to rate. I really liked the story line of how she was selling her V card I thought that was awesome.
But it felt like it took so long to get there.

I don't know, I did like it, Just didn't LOVE it. But will read the next one for sure.

3.5 Stars
Tina Bell
I feel bad, but I just couldn't get into this book. I felt disconnected with the characters from beginning. The first half was pretty much all over the place. I just kept feeling like I was missing something!!!!
I am an Ella James fan so I was looking forward to this book. Unfortunately, it didn't quite live up to my expectations. I spent the first part of the book distracted by the fact that they were driving back and forth between Napa and LA as if its a morning commute as opposed to an all day drive. I couldn't figure out if I was misunderstanding, if its not common knowlege that California is BIG, or if maybe mapquest had gone defunct and it is no longer possible to look that kind of thing up. I dig ...more
Arabella ~♡AB♡~ (Mrs Javier Bernal)
3.5 stars. Not enough romance for me, it's more of a mystery/suspense story. If you like that kind of thing its a good story, although the ending felt a little rushed.
Joy (joyous reads)
Ridiculous plot line or not, I went into this book with the idea that it’s going to be like a Pretty Woman type of story. While the selling of Scarlett part happened for about two seconds in the book, the better part of the story was really focused on Hunter.

Scarlett or Elizabeth is a twenty-something virgin who is looking to make some quick money in order to help out a friend. Commendable reason, yes. But there's something utterly preposterous about someone selling their virginity - a concept,
Selling Scarlett by Ella James
Review done by Amanda <3

If you're like me, this book was a breath of fresh air. I was in a funk. A serious book funk. Everything I read wasn't doing it for me. I was about to get professional help when Ella James stated she was releasing Selling Scarlett last Friday. I had read the blurb before and I was so excited. Finally something different had come a long. Then amazon made me wait. For three effing days. I was seriously upset. But I finally woke up one day an
I have never had this much trouble writing a review before...*frustrated*

“Holy crap. Holy insanity. Holy vagina.”
--Ella James, Selling Scarlett

Bottle water heiress, Elizabeth (Liz, Lizzy, Libby) DeVille is a virgin. It doesn’t seem like a big deal until an accident leaves her friend, Cross, in a coma. Without proper care after his parents write him off, Lizzy decides to cash in her V-card to the highest bidder…

“’We’ll put you up on billboards around Vegas and we’ll talk you up. Something like…
Tiffany Readz
I took a chance on this book as it only had 2 reviews on Amazon at the time of purchase. I am so glad I did as I thought it was fantastic!

I am usually a romance reader and wouldn't consider this one, but loved it just the same. As I was reading, I felt like the story line was a movie going on in my head. This book is more of a drama, mystery-type of read with some steamy rough, quick, and even sweet sex scenes thrown in the mix.

The story centers around characters with more money than most of us
ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review

Selling Scarlett was a crazy rollercoaster for me. The book begins and you're thrown headfirst into the complication that is Hunter's life. I was so confused for the first 20% of this book. I really had no idea what was going on, or where this book took place, or even who the 20,000 people were that were introduced. It finally started making sense once we got more of Elizabeth and Hunter's inner thoughts.

I won't go into detail about the plot
I liked the thoughts behind a book like this however the execution was not what I thought it should be. The story seemed rushed to me, as well as jumped back and forth. You never actually find out the whole story about Hunter and Rita though Libby finds out and its annoying that it was not shared. I also didn't quite understand the relationship between Libby and Hunter, again it just seemed really rushed. The whole framing plot really didnt sit well with me either. Honestly the book to me didnt ...more
I couldn't connect with the characters from the very beginning. I feel like there was never enough dialogue between characters.

It was also very confusing.

It ended a bit abruptly too, a lot of my questions weren't answered and there are many plot holes.

Everything was so dramatic and the situations were life threatening, but when it was all figured out everything, and I mean everything was completely normal. Even deeply personal issues with the characters just seemed to vanish.

Kind of reminded me
All I can say is ~ WOW! This is the first book I've read of Ella James, and it definitely won't be my last!!! I love her writing style, and this book completely had me. Romance, mystery, suspense... It had a bit of everything. And, Hunter West. OMG!!! I loved every page. Pick it up and check it out.
Jacqueline's Reads
I LOVE the new cover! What a difference. FREE!!! - >
Sammy☆Smitten With Book Heroes☆彡
**ARC courtesy of Indie Inked via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**
I enjoyed the suspense.Wish the romance was stronger though.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Okay let me start out by saying Ella James you are freaking INCREDIBLE I mean Holy Shiz this series started out with a bang and I could not get enough. The cast of characters made this book incredible and the flow of it had me on the edge of my seat ready to come apart because I was like what the heck is going on. I thought it was going one way but then totally went the other way.

Elizabeth aka Scarlett is a loyal and devoted daughter and best friend. She will do anything to help out her mother a
Stina Rubio
I had wanted to read this book when I see how beautiful this cover was. I didn't even read the blurb. I seen banners posted that it was going to be on sell for the first couple days--and that sold me. I waited, not so patiently biting my nails in anticipation. I didn't know what to expect I didn't read the blurb until I actually bought the book. I dove into waters that were not clear and uncharted, and I am sure once you start to read this book it will become clear that it is a fantastic new con ...more
Turning Pages At ...: Selling Scarlett 14 16 Feb 14, 2014 06:58AM
Buddy Read Zone: Selling Scarlett 4/19/13 12 32 Apr 21, 2013 05:56PM
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Buried Secrets
  • Undertow
  • Your Favorite Girl (YFG, #1)
  • Be All (All, #1)
  • Where I End and You Begin
  • Coffee and Cockpits
  • A Moment (Moments, #1)
  • Addicted to Him
  • Take a Breath (Take, #1)
  • Righteous Obsession
  • Good Girl (Blended, #1)
  • Everything Bared (Six-Alarm Sexy, #2)
  • The Lies that Save Us (Broken Heart, #1)
  • Remember Our Song: A Billionaire Romance (Our Song, #3)
  • Wanted (Wanted, #1)
  • Heartless
  • The Art of D/s Trilogy (The Art of D/s, #1-3)
Ella James is a USA Today bestselling author who writes teen and adult romance. She is happily married to a man who knows how to wield a red pen, and together they are raising a feisty two-year-old who will probably grow up believing everyone's parents go to war over the placement of a comma.

Ella's books have been listed on numerous Amazon bestseller lists, including the Movers & Shakers list
More about Ella James...

Love Inc. (3 books)
  • Taming Cross (Love Inc., #2)
  • Unmaking Marchant (Love Inc., #3)

“Powerful players produce powerful results.” 7 likes
“I think of him as part tiger. He's languid to the point of appearing almost lazy, and yellow or green, those eyes are framed by ridiculous lashes, set in a strong face with prominent cheekbones, full lips, and a sensuous smile.” 6 likes