Start by marking “Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5.5)

Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5.5)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  2,587 Ratings  ·  133 Reviews
A short story involving our favorite satyr Grover Underwood, Percy Jackson, and the Lord Apollo!

This is a new short story written by Rick Riordan, set after the 5th book in the Percy Jackson series, THE LAST OLYMPIAN.

This story is set BEFORE the Heroes of Olympus series by the same author.

Link to the original transcribed first chapter can be found here: http://thehermese
Published September 17th 2013

Shruti
Jun 19, 2013 Shruti rated it it was amazing
EDIT: Guys! You can now read an online version of the first chapter here!

ASDKJSLFDSLKMFS.

The first chapter is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING (the link can be found in the book's description). I'm so glad Rick's writing all these short stories while us desperate fans wait for the release of House of Hades, after that gigantic Rickhanger that was Mark of Athena. :O

A moment, please, while I go and sob in the corner. The gods are cruel to Percabeth. D':

Anyway.

Fellow PJ fa
Sean-Wyn
This is better than Riordan's Kane/Percy Jackson crossovers, in my opinion. It made me laugh out loud several times, and I liked how Riordan opens up the story with a scene from right before the book's climax (view spoiler) and explains how he got there (Riordan's actually done this in other books, but it never gets old for me, hehe). 4.5 stars.
Ellie
Jan 04, 2015 Ellie rated it it was amazing
Wait....what?

Is this a hoax? Is it real? Rick hasn't said ANYTHING about this on his blog (that I've seen), and I check it regularly....

Huh????

*UPDATE: READ*

Yeah, it's real! It's a short story in a collection of short stories by different authors. Very fun.
Lucie
Jul 25, 2016 Lucie rated it it was amazing
I know what you're going to ask.
'Percy Jackson, why are you hanging from a Times Square billboard without your pants on, about to fall to your death?'
Good Question. You can blame Apollo, god of music, archery, and poetry - also the god of making me do stupid quests.'

This is my FAVORITE short story!
Percy, Grover and Apollo is the best combination!
It is so hilarious.
You have to read it.
Now!
emma
Oct 06, 2016 emma rated it really liked it
GROVER!! honestly my favourite thing about percy jackson short stories is when annabeth isn't in them but percy keeps thinking about her. also #confirmed percy wears boxers
Agustina
Mar 09, 2015 Agustina rated it really liked it
Shelves: pdf
Me gustó mucho esta short-story, si bien no aporta mucho a nada de lo que pasa mas adelante, te entretiene bastante (igual que todas las cosas que hace Percy, obvio). Es muy original, Rick tiene un no sé qué que hace que nunca te canses de Percy Jackson y sus aventuras, me encanta.
Thibaut Nicodème
Jan 21, 2015 Thibaut Nicodème rated it it was ok
Well…that was way not worth the trouble I had to go through to read it.

It's not terrible, mind you. I guess. It's just…more of the same. You could take any filler chapter in a PJO book and replace it with this one, or vice versa. And I guess I kind of outgrew the original PJO series, so…meh. Without a plot to frame the whole thing, the pointlessness is even more apparent.

I also have to ask: why are the gods such idiots? You need to use music to capture the monster of the day, so you give the tas
Mitticus
Esta historia corta forma parte de una antologia de varios autores Guys Read: Other Worlds.

Es el cumpleaños de Grover, y Apolo viene con una tarea demandante ... relacionada con la música. No digo más porque lo contaria todo.

P0177

Why can't you just go?"
"I don't have time, I've got to practice! I've got to write a set list, do sound checks. Besides, that's what you heroes are for."
"Running the gods' errands."
"Exactly!" Apollo spread his hands.

Rápida y entretiene, sin mayores demandas ;)
Garima
Jun 30, 2015 Garima rated it it was ok
For those of you wondering where you can find this story, it can be found in the book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

-----

Anyways, on to the actual story. I'm not going to lie; I was a bit disappointed by this. Maybe it's because this one was kind of short.

When I heard about this story, I was really excited. I couldn't wait to read another first POV Percy story, especially after reading all of Rick's other short stories which were basically perfect. I'm not saying this story was bad.
Mariam
(EDIT: 8/25/15) Okay, so I just finished the book..and..it was was amazing as always! It had the typical Persassy..and it was perfection! I just wish it was longer..
--------------------------------------------------------------
(8/23/15) WHAT!? This book EXISTS? When did this happen?? WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?
Marjolein
Jul 21, 2016 Marjolein rated it really liked it
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

This is a very short story that's part of a larger collection of short stories by different authors. It had been quite some time since I last read some Percy Jackson, but I was very glad I did return to the world of the Modern Greek Gods.

The writing and Percy's wit will be exactly what you'd expect after reading the series. My only complaint is the length. It really is too short, Grover birthday is glossed over in this way. It did remin
Carina Rosas
Aug 15, 2016 Carina Rosas rated it liked it
3.5 stars for the ultimate best friends

It's always fun to see Apollo. He is just careless of everything, except of himself. But in a cute funny way.

description

Percy and grover are very fun too! His friendship is amazing.
Chester Carstairs
Nov 09, 2014 Chester Carstairs rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-extras
Short but really funny, as expected!
Vyou
Aug 27, 2015 Audrey (Ravenwing) rated it it was amazing
AWESOMENESS!
Lucía Córdova
Aug 03, 2016 Lucía Córdova rated it it was amazing
Comenzado 30 de Julio, 2014.
Terminado 30-31 de Julio, 2014 (12:07am)

Hoy, 31 de Julio, 2014.
Después de haber leído La espada de Hades, pensé que sería algo parecido, esperaba más, pero como es típico no decepciona, son de esas aventuras que pasan y sólo te dice "es una larga historia" por lo queme ha gustado, un poco aburrida tal vez en ese sentido, tiene 17páginas por Zeus!
Pero aunque esperaba mucho que apareciese Annabeth, no lo hace, pero se recompensa en el momento en la que la llama "mi n
Melina C
Sep 19, 2013 Melina C rated it it was amazing
Corta pero me gusto volver a leer a Percy. Haberlo leído en inglés fue raro pero no me molestó.

Las partes en las que Percy mencionaba a Annabeth me dieron mucha ternura y también la parte en la que dice "Annabeth's anger was way scarier than most monsters, but don't tell her I said that"

Simple pero muy lindo.
Vanessa Zarco
Mar 03, 2015 Vanessa Zarco rated it it was amazing
I don't care who you are, where you live, how old are you- you can't NOT love Percy Jackson.

It is life's law to love him becuase it is literally impossible to not. Your arguments are invalid.

I'm just a little bumped out it took me so long to find this short story.
Jelly Fish
Jun 24, 2016 Jelly Fish rated it it was amazing
I really liked the fact that Percy is narrating this story from his point of view, because I prefer it over the third-person narrative of Heroes of Olympus. And I'm real glad Grover is in this story. I missed him.
Sara Ximena
Dec 09, 2013 Sara Ximena rated it it was amazing
Muy corta pero excelente como todo lo de Percy
cada escena est an http://31.media.tumblr.com/06c70e0b08...
Steven
Nov 05, 2013 Steven rated it it was amazing
Great little short story with Percy, Grover, and that pesky Apollo!
Fernanda
Oct 09, 2013 Fernanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
No saben cuanto amo a Apolo <3
Maria
Feb 21, 2015 Maria rated it it was ok
This was hilarious. Absolutely loved it. I mean come on!! It's Percy! And Grover, I missed Grover.
Aaliya
Aug 06, 2014 Aaliya added it
I'm, is this fake, never heard this before in my LIFE
Bronwyn
Oct 22, 2016 Bronwyn rated it really liked it
Full review at http://bronzelock619.blogspot.com/2016/10/percy-jackson-and-singer-of-apollo.html.

This is an extra story at the back of The Hammer of Thor in the Magnus Chase series. It happened probably some time after the end of the Percy Jackson series and before the Heroes of Olympus series, and Annabeth was already Percy's girlfriend, and Percy wasn't missing yet. This quest is quite tame compared to the other adventures Percy had, but it was fun to read nonetheless. It was especially amus
Kataryna Hermans
Dec 17, 2016 Kataryna Hermans rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great short story with another adventure for Percy and Grover. This has humour, adventure, more humour and it is a fantastic read. Riordan has done it again.
Alexhitohop
Dec 04, 2016 Alexhitohop rated it it was amazing
Sara Wilde
Dec 27, 2016 Sara Wilde rated it it was amazing
جالب بود خوشم اومد...بعد از مدت ها که از شخصیت های پرسی جکسون چیزی نخونده بودم برام دلچسب بود...طنزش هم که مثل همیشه پرفکت...فقط کاورش چه ربطی به خود کتاب داشت؟؟؟؟
Gavin Abdollahi
Meh.<------ when reviews like this come up, it means that I'm feeling lazy.
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • Dead to Me (The Heir Chronicles, #3.5)
  • The Glowing Knight (The Orphan Queen, #0.2)
  • The First Kiss (The Iron Fey, #1.25)
  • Leave the Window Open (The Archived, #2.5)
  • Hera, Queen of Gods (Goddess Unbound, #1)
  • Tales of the Greek Heroes: Retold From the Ancient Authors
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Rift, #2)
  • Heads Will Roll (Necromancer, #0.1)
  • Doomsday (The Phoenix files, #6)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #0.5)
  • Fireworks (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #7)
  • Goddess of the Underworld (A Goddess Series short story #6)
  • The Fugitive (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #10)
  • The Stranger (The Syrena Legacy, #0.4)
  • Valkyrie Symptoms (Valkyrie, #0.5)
  • Greek Myths
  • Aligned (Immortal Essence, #0.5)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)

“On a bad day, he could only remember Justin Bieber songs, which didn't do anything except give me a headache.” 19 likes
“I know what you're gonna think, what you're gonna ask. Percy Jackson, why are you hanging from a Times Square billboard without your pants on, about to fall to your death?” 2 likes