Start by marking “Branded (The Branded Trilogy, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Branded (The Branded Trilogy, Book 1)

Branded (Branded #1)

Seventeen-year-old Jake Rovert has never known the feeling of a broken bone or a lasting scar—he’s a healer, one of very few in the world with this rare gift.

Joining an elite group of Gifted Ones from his high school, Jake is quickly propelled into a life of secrets and training to enhance his gift. He becomes the healer they have been waiting for.

They didn’t expect him to
Published November 12th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Branded, please sign up.

Val Hi, there! This book is really good, I just finished it. And no there is not any sex related scenes, just kissing ha. And the only curse word I saw in…moreHi, there! This book is really good, I just finished it. And no there is not any sex related scenes, just kissing ha. And the only curse word I saw in there was the H word and it comes up a couple of times. But this book is pretty clean, I loved it. (less)

J.R. McConnery
Jan 11, 2013 J.R. McConnery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Branded, the first book in The Branded Series, by K. L. Hawker is a fast-paced young adult novel with characters you grow to love, and characters that frustrate the living hell out of you. Either way, Hawker has created a memorable cast that will keep you turning the pages to see what happens next. Hawker does an excellent job of creating an intriguing world where some lucky (or unlucky?) humans discover that they are gifted with special powers. She expertly augments this central plot with the, ...more
Heather
May 07, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Loved this! Got it free and plan on buying the second in the trilogy. Easy read, well thought out story and characters--easy to become attached to these Gifted teens. I love the good versus evil story lines, and the only thing I'm upset about so far is that the final book in this trilogy is not out yet. I look forward to reading the second, but dread having to wait for the last one to be published!
Liam Whinfield
Jan 20, 2014 Liam Whinfield rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEST BOOK EVER! Im not the kind of teen that ussually likes to read, but this book may have changed that! This book is full of suspense & foreshadowing that keeps the reader hooked. Teens can easily relate to the events happening in this exciting book!I could NOT put it down!! Can't wait to read the rest of the triology!
Amie
Mar 08, 2013 Amie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice quick read, although there where some flaws the book was free so can't complain :) the story got more interesting towards the end so ill probably read the sequel STRANDED to find out what happens to the Gifted Ones next.
BozBozo
Jul 04, 2013 BozBozo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this book is considered "Young Adult", I do have to admit I did enjoy the story line. It was well thought out and honestly, who cares what the target audience is when a book is good?
Rebecca Phillips
Mar 18, 2013 Rebecca Phillips rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, fantasy
Really enjoyed this one. It was well-written and lots of fun. Likable characters and fast-moving, engaging plot. Lots of twists and turns and mystery. Can't wait to read the sequel(s)!
Phil
Jan 20, 2014 Phil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really awesome book, def. want to read the other books in the series. One of the only books hat I have read hat I couldn't take my eyes off of, since I'm not much of a reader.
Emily Sorby
Apr 23, 2013 Emily Sorby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a bit slow to start with. But then I was hooked. cant wait for the next book
Gregory Hatz
This was the best book i have ever read, the story line was thrilling!
Lindsay Gimblet
Feb 20, 2013 Lindsay Gimblet rated it liked it
Jake is thrown into this world of Gifted Ones, which I’m still not fully clear on what their purpose is, besides to maybe help humanity? He is in high school and has fallen in love with his ‘best friend’ Anna. Jake is then told that he cannot be with her because it will endanger her, since the Defiers, evil ones I’m assuming, will target her to get to him.

I’m not sure why, but I couldn’t get into this book. I thought maybe it was because it was written from a male POV, but I really don’t think t
Bernadette Robinson
I gave this a 2.5 stars.

I liked the premise of this first book about the Gifted Ones, in some ways it reminded me of an American TV series called Heroes (where the characters have all got super powers) but by the end of the story I wasn't blown away by it at all. It's a YA read and an easy one at that but I felt the story was a little lacking.

In this fairly easy read we are introduced to Jake who turns out to be a Gifted One and Anna a friend that he's rather keen on that he's known from childho
Courtney Samples
Courtney Samples rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2013
Beth Olsen
Beth Olsen rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2014
Ann Heiner
Ann Heiner rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2012
Elizabeth Bonilla
Elizabeth Bonilla rated it really liked it
May 20, 2013
Juliet Hill
Jul 01, 2013 Juliet Hill rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Not much depth. Too bad because the concept is a good one
Ashlee Barajas
Ashlee Barajas rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2015
Aimee Ayonote
Aimee Ayonote rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2016
Wai-Ming Yu
Wai-Ming Yu rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Sonja Bristow
Sonja Bristow rated it did not like it
Apr 14, 2015
Roan Paala
Roan Paala rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2016
Amanda Dryden
Amanda Dryden rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2014
Robin Phillips
Robin Phillips rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Erin G
Erin G rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2012
Sandy Masters
Sandy Masters rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Penny Jones
Penny Jones rated it did not like it
Mar 25, 2016
Katelyn Carter
Katelyn Carter rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2014
defenbaker
defenbaker rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2014
A R
A R rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Young Adult Book ...: NEW Young Adult Romance, Fantasy Trilogy! 1 11 Aug 18, 2013 05:10PM
  • The Cabin II: Asylum
  • The Beginning of Us
  • When Stars Collide
  • Blood Rush (Lost Witch Trilogy #2)
  • Funny Tragic Crazy Magic (Tragic Magic, #1)
  • The Witch Hunter's Gauntlet (Age of Heroes, #1)
  • Memoirs of a Gothic Soul
  • The Breaker's Code (Fixed Points, #1)
  • Bullied:  The Complete Series
  • Ultimate Thriller Box Set
  • Brachman's Underworld
  • Waiting for Grace
  • Blood Type (Blood Type, #1)
  • Dead Vampires Don't Date (Kate Storm, #1)
  • Never Too Far
  • You Are Here
  • The 4th Floor Lounge
  • A Dark Road
Best known for writing young adult fiction, K.L. Hawker is a creativity junkie, always chasing after that next big dream. Growing up in a small rural town with little to do, Hawker found herself creating worlds of adventure for herself. Years later, after making the decision to put off law school to chase her dream of raising her own children and becoming an author, Hawker now homeschools her ...more
More about K.L. Hawker...

Branded (2 books)
  • Stranded (The Branded Trilogy, Book 2)

“You can't heal hurt with hate.” 0 likes