Start by marking “Selling to Big Companies” as Want to Read:
Selling to Big Companies

Selling to Big Companies

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  249 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Struggling to Get Your Foot in the Door of Big Companies?

Setting up meetings with corporate decision makers has never been harder. It's almost impossible to get them to pick up the phone. They never return your calls. And if you do happen to catch them, they blow you off right away.

It's time to stop making endless cold calls or waiting for the phone to ring. In today's cr
Published December 1st 2005 by Kaplan Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Selling to Big Companies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selling to Big Companies

Jenn
Jan 16, 2011 Jenn rated it liked it
I'd be lying if I said I read this book straight-through, cover-to-cover. Toward the end, I just started skimming. And for good reason.

The book is repetitive. I'm not saying Jill Konrath doesn't make good points, and I've always liked most of what she has to say about selling products or services. She just says the same thing a bunch of times. And I think that's either because this book isn't meant to be read straight through, or that she's hoping you'll remember each tip through repetition. Not
Zaid
Jul 11, 2011 Zaid rated it liked it
Shelves: business
Great eye-opening and memory refreshing book for senior sales executives. Jill over-emphasized - in my view - the importance of not talking about your company's product/service and focus instead on customer issues, but perhaps constant reminders on this is the actual remedy that we need! so I was patient while see repeating reminders on this point.

The structure of the book was so logical and smooth, takes you from your hand from the first confusing moment on what to do first until you finally ha
Al Czarnecki
Oct 11, 2015 Al Czarnecki rated it it was amazing
An in-depth analysis of how to gain passage through the labyrinth and make a case with big companies. Based on hard experience, perceptiveness and persistence, and a worthwhile offering.
David Oren
Jun 07, 2015 David Oren rated it really liked it
focus on benefits not features
do your research, make it personal especially for the client

good stuff, will use tomorrow :)
Einar Sigurðsson
Apr 17, 2014 Einar Sigurðsson rated it liked it
Fantastic for everyone that are involved in sales or marketing. Could easily be a part of the curriculum in business schools.
Melumebelle
Jun 07, 2015 Melumebelle rated it liked it
while this book had some helpful tips, it didn't have as direct of a link to my job as to others.
Kim Stoffel
Jan 05, 2015 Kim Stoffel rated it liked it
While this might be somewhat dated, most of the strategy is still quite current and useful.
Abner Huertas
Oct 20, 2015 Abner Huertas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book gives really good advice, however what I didn't like is that is repetitive in every chapter. This book could be shorter with the same essence.
Jessie
May 14, 2012 Jessie rated it really liked it
Shelves: miscellaneous
Required reading for the CRM meeting this year. Not bad, had a lot of good tips for being a better salesperson, but I kept coming back to one significant discrepancy for my use: I don't have personal control over my product. I felt like most of her tips were far easier to implement when you're pitching your own services or product. I guess I'll learn how I'm supposed to apply the skills tomorrow!
Amy
Feb 09, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
Excellent book for the new and more senior marketeer. New insights on selling and approaching a customer. A MUST Read. This book is used by Barnes & Noble in their training program for Community Relations Managers.
Michael Nemtsev
Jan 05, 2011 Michael Nemtsev rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sales
Quite good book describing approach to the prospective client from the value proposition angle. Recommended for consultants who work in pre-sales area
Eliot
Dec 25, 2014 Eliot rated it really liked it
A lot to like in this book about the mindset required for selling to large enterprise. Covers targeting, language, scripts, networking and campaigns.
Wendy Mallon
Jul 19, 2013 Wendy Mallon rated it really liked it
Relevant, straight forward, easy to understand methods. Now for the action part....

Will definitely read other books that she has written.
Jacob
May 03, 2011 Jacob rated it it was ok
Good for what it is. I can't say it is exciting, but it is concise and to the point with a solid elucidation of some important concepts.
Dwight
Jun 23, 2012 Dwight rated it really liked it
Interested strategies on how to contact the elusive decision makers to build a strong sales funnel
Graham Mumm
Jul 12, 2013 Graham Mumm rated it liked it
Useful but nothing you won't hear from every other BD blog in existence.
Mark Fallon
Jun 23, 2012 Mark Fallon rated it really liked it
Excellent resource, especially for people from smaller companies.
Goodthelife
Dec 24, 2011 Goodthelife rated it really liked it
have hardcopy & Kindle
Great reference for voicemails and emails
Linda Darby
Jun 27, 2013 Linda Darby rated it really liked it
a really good instruction book for today's sales people
Shoshana
May 29, 2012 Shoshana rated it it was ok
Good concepts, but rather repetitive.
Jaret Manuel
Aug 29, 2011 Jaret Manuel rated it liked it
Decent.
Eugene Balleta
Eugene Balleta marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
PAUL DOHERTY
PAUL DOHERTY marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Jimbobmcfred
Jimbobmcfred marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Zachary
Zachary marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
JSB
JSB marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Jessica Hutson
Jessica Hutson marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Tyler
Tyler rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Alex Antipov
Alex Antipov rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Sohel Boghani
Sohel Boghani rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
  • The New Strategic Selling: The Unique Sales System Proven Successful by the World's Best Companies
  • Mastering the Complex Sale: How to Compete and Win When the Stakes Are High!
  • Solution Selling: Creating Buyers in Difficult Selling Markets
  • The Art of Client Service, Revised and Updated Edition: 58 Things Every Advertising & Marketing Professional Should Know
  • Final Moments: Nurses' Stories about Death and Dying
  • Investing in Duplexes, Triplexes, and Quads: The Fastest and Safest Way to Real Estate Wealth
  • The Truth About the New Rules of Business Writing (Truth About Series)
  • Crime: Its Cause and Treatment
  • How to Master the Art of Selling
  • So What?: How to Communicate What Really Matters to Your Audience
  • Shakespeare In an Hour
  • The Path of the Law (Little Books of Wisdom)
  • The Entrepreneur's Guide to Business Law
  • Raising Venture Capital for the Serious Entrepreneur
  • The Sandler Rules: Forty-Nine Timeless Selling Principles... and How to Apply Them
  • Breakthrough!: How the 10 Greatest Discoveries in Medicine Saved Millions and Changed Our View of the World
  • Creating Customer Evangelists
  • Kellogg on Branding: The Marketing Faculty of the Kellogg School of Management

“Traditional sellers think that customers make decisions based on their product, service, or solution differentiators. They get frantic when they lack capabilities that competitors have or when their pricing is too high relative to what else is on the market. Today’s seller knows that their products, services, or solutions are simply tools—nothing more. They know that their customers could care less about buying new software or training their staff. They realize that customers invest in their offering because of the outcome they get. That’s why their focus is on business improvement. These top sellers are fully cognizant that their knowledge and expertise are the reasons that customers want to work with them. Traditional sellers don’t have a clue that top sellers know so much more than they do about the market, operations, processes, competition, business goals and objectives, strategic imperatives, and more.” 0 likes