Start by marking “The Adepts: Gathering” as Want to Read:
The Adepts: Gathering

The Adepts: Gathering

Supernatural activity is on the rise, and yet humanity is blissfully unaware. Lonely demon hunter Atticus Foster meets a peculiar man in a bar one night, and together they start their work - a partnership to track, hunt, and kill the things that go bump in the night. But there are dark forces at play, and shadowy fingers woven into everything. The fabric of the reality ...more
Kindle Edition
Published February 15th 2013 by Something Pretentious Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Adepts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adepts

Scott Richmond
Feb 16, 2013 Scott Richmond rated it it was amazing
The Adepts: Gathering by J.J.C. Marcoh is a fantastic book filled with intense emotions. Atticus Foster may appear a bit gruff and cold, but she's a deep and caring character far beyond what I was expecting. The lore in this book is interesting. The mythological entities are not as unreachable as you might find in other fantasy novels. These beings are presented as people. Not humans, of course, but people - powerful people. I like that this allows for the characters to interact with them on a ...more
Luinbariel
Feb 18, 2013 Luinbariel rated it it was amazing
I was really impressed.

I think the book had a short stumble at the beginning, but quickly gathered itself and hit a powerful stride.

Paranormal fiction is definitely getting popular lately, and I think this takes a new, adult spin on it without being over the top. I think it's a nice change from the paranormal fiction that has thus far been aimed primarily at young adults, in my opinion at least.

I'm very intrigued, and looking forward to reading the next instalment!
Lisa King
Feb 18, 2013 Lisa King rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j-c-c
I have only jut started reading this. It grabs you from the first page. You begin by being intrigued by the characters...what they are...what is their connection besides the physical attraction.

I am a huge urban fiction-paranormal reader. This is intense, exciting, and not for the faint of heart. The writing shows a maturity usually not found in young writers. Kudos!!
Brandon Brewster
Brandon Brewster rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2014
Judy Bayberry
Judy Bayberry rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2013
Duncan Mackenzie
Duncan Mackenzie marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2013
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
Jan Patterson
Jan Patterson marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013