Start by marking “Maxwell's Smile” as Want to Read:
Maxwell's Smile

Maxwell's Smile

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  153 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
More Than Words: Bestselling authors & Real-life heroines

We all have the power to effect change - we just need to find the strength to harness it. With every good deed done, and helping hand offered, we are making the world a better place. The dedicated women selected as this year's recipients of Harlequin's More Than Words award have changed many lives for the better,

ebook, Harlequin More Than Words
Published April 1st 2012 by Harlequin More Than Words

To ask other readers questions about Maxwell's Smile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maxwell's Smile

LaFleurBleue
I really liked the charity that was highlighted in this book and the way it was integrated in the general story-line.
However I did not care much for the characters or the story. The 9-yo kid never seemed real to me. The mother was very difficult to like, I felt that she did not care enough of the emotional well-being of her kid, only forbidding him from doing some things (watching TV and films) and never pushing him outside of his comfort zone, even if it could be for his own good. The poor kid
Caro
Feb 16, 2013 Caro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, own
This was a good sweet and tender book. Another great touching read in the Harlequin More Than Words imprint. It's touching and inspiring at what children can do just because they believe. I liked how author showed that and how she made the reference that we, as adults, stop believing and doing because we're told/taught so many times that we can't. Reading these books always make me want to jump up and do something good, even if I don't know where or how to begin. I loved the characters and the s ...more
 Gigi Ann
Apr 29, 2013 Gigi Ann rated it liked it
Today I didn't feel like starting a book that would take a day or two to read, so I chose this novella that was offered along with six other freebie novellas last week by Harlequin More Than Words. Through Harlequin More Than Words, each year they celebrate women who make extraordinary differences in the lives of others, and Harlequin donates $15,000 each to their chosen causes.
Harlequin authors, created fictional stories inspired by these women and the charities they support. This novel was a
Mel
Jan 17, 2016 Mel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

What a sweet read. Also loved how it shed light on the great charity this story is informally focused around
Rose helg
Jul 21, 2015 Rose helg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book

I like this book. It's romantic, it tell you how we can help sick kids in the hospital. It a Must Read.
Debbie Turner
May 01, 2015 Debbie Turner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read. Short but really sweet. It was about real life and things that happen in real life.
Tara
Mar 06, 2015 Tara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this short story was a feel good one. It really made you think as you were reading it.
Hildegart
Jan 28, 2014 Hildegart rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I'm liking these stories that are somewhat based on real people. It makes you step back and look at ways you can help or even to just realize there are people out there like the ones inspiring these book.
Dee Renee  Chesnut
Oct 18, 2015 Dee Renee Chesnut rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, 2015
This novella was free from Barnes and Noble when I downloaded it to my Nook library. It is the second in 2012 Harlequin's More than Words series.
The heroines honored by this book are Berni, Romi, Lexi and Marni Barta who founded Kid Flicks, a not-for-profit organization that collects and donates new and gently used kids' DVDs to children's hospitals and pediatric departments across the U.S.
It is a quick and enjoyable read. It makes you consider donating some DVDs.
I recommend it for all reader
Jo Notary
Feb 15, 2016 Jo Notary marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
harlequin/silhouette, 74pgs
Jill
May 29, 2013 Jill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK book, but the first few pages are just unbelievable. Why didn't any of the nurses get him out of the room. Pediatric wards would have more security. After that, pretty good story line, but love the idea of highlighting charities.
Terrie
Jun 11, 2015 Terrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, clean novella. Maxwell, a 9-year-old not-so-normal kid plays match maker for his mother and holds a great charity project--collecting movies for donation to hospitals so the sick kids can have something to entertain them.
Dorel
Jul 23, 2013 Dorel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd book I read by Michele Hauf. The storyline was okay. What interested me the most was the organization they talked about in the story. I am really starting to like these types of Harlequin books.
Marla
Jul 23, 2014 Marla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
This was a wonderful short story. They are based on real life Heroines. The site www.harlequinmorethanwords.com has many more of these short stories.
Poonam
A cute short love story.I like it right from start to finish.I like the characters Maxwell,Sam Jones and Rachel McHenry.Like the story plotlines too.
Angie
Apr 21, 2012 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good short story. I really liked the intro about Kids Flicks, and makes for a good idea for a school or church fundraiser.
Lillie
Jul 16, 2016 Lillie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining story and a tribute to a worthy charity
KK
Apr 06, 2012 KK rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet, quick read.
Tina
Jan 30, 2013 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute short story
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Diane Meyer
Diane Meyer rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Teresa  Christianson
Teresa Christianson marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Krissy
Krissy added it
Jul 16, 2016
Cassie Jo
Cassie Jo marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Georgina Little
Georgina Little marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
diana
diana marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Amy Linquist
Amy Linquist marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
  • Wyatt: Return of the Cowboy
  • Daffodils in Spring
  • Unspoken Promises
  • A Chunk of Hell
  • Island Peril (Aftershock, #3.5)
  • Changing Times (Lusting Wild, #1)
  • Christmas Healing (Healing The Regime, #1)
  • Grave Danger
  • The Mamacita Murders
  • Last Dance of a Black Widow
  • Unspeakable (The Nature of Grace, #1.5)
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 305
  • Autopilot Engaged (Turbulence, #2)
Michele has been writing romance, action-adventure and fantasy stories for over twenty years. Her first published novel was DARK RAPTURE.

France, musketeers, vampires and faeries populate her stories. And if she followed the adage 'write what you know', all her stories would have snow in them. Fortunately, she steps beyond her comfort zone and writes about countries she has never visited and of cre
More about Michele Hauf...