Start by marking “Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika #1)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  22,310 ratings  ·  1,863 reviews
Danika hasn’t had an easy life. Being insanely attracted to bad boys has never helped make it easier.

One look at Tristan, and every brain cell she possessed went up in smoke. This man was trouble with a capital T. It was a given.
She knew better. Bad boys were bad. Especially for her. Considering her history, it was crazy to think otherwise. So why did crazy have to feel s
Published June 11th 2013 by R.K. Lilley

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireReal by Katy EvansClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. Stephens
Best Books Published in 2013
59th out of 3,148 books — 7,100 voters
Driven by K. BrombergBeautiful Bastard by Christina LaurenFueled by K. BrombergCrashed by K. BrombergBared to You by Sylvia Day
Hottest Dirty Talk!
35th out of 816 books — 1,949 voters

More lists with this book...

Aestas Book Blog

Holy hotness, guys!! You HAVE to meet Tristan Vega!!
“I’m going to fuck you hard on the hood of this car, in the pouring rain. And. You. Are. Not. Going. To. Forget. It.”

*fans self*

I loved this book!! It made me swoon, squee, and swear which pretty much is the perfect mix, right?

I couldn’t put it down. Another winner from R.K. Lilley!

When Tristan unexpectedly becomes a fixed part of Danika’s world, he throws her whole life out of whack. Fun, flirty, and bossy with a devilish charming that co

I absolutely LOVED this book! After having devoured the Up In the Air-series, I was already a fan of author R.K. Lilley, but now I just became an even bigger one. Seriously, if you have not read this book yet, read it ASAP! I assure you, you won't regret it. This book had all the ingredients for it to be an absolute MUST READ.

I loved Danika's sarcasm and feisty character, Tristan's sexy bad boy-attitude, their playful banter and let's not forget, the "off the charts" HOT sex
5 Stars!!!

R.K. Lilley did it again! Now, Tristan was no Mr. Cavendish, but he was pretty damn close. It was intense- sweet, sexy, and an emotional roller coaster, but I loved every minute!

Tristan is a club promoter. He is in a band. He is all kinds of sexy and awesome, but he has commitment issues.

photo ac207e79-a69d-4773-9307-f5e6e52c2428_zps73588ad5.jpg

Danika is working as a live in nanny. She also goes to school full time. Even though she’s only in her early twenties, she is living the life of someone much older. And she ONLY does relationships.
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
Full review posted

HOLY COW! I'm mentally EXHAUSTED! I wasn't prepared for such an angsty, emotional, and gut-wrenching story. In fact, I felt it became a bit over-the-top with the all angst and drama toward the end. However, I was completely spellbound and consumed while reading this book.

Where this story really shined for me was in the writing, characterization and chemistry between the two main leads. It was exceptional. In fact, I'm not sure I've read a book
"That's All" Ash
 photo download-12.jpg

photo Jim-From-Office-Shiver.gif

--------> WOW. <--------

photo tumblr_mku8d8zdoS1r2q9x9o1_500.png

Ever since I got a taste of this couple in the “Up in the Air” series, I knew that their story was going to be EPIC.

And it is.
It so is.

photo danika.jpg

Light-footed and heavy-hearted.

And she doesn’t want to fall in love again.
Love is too fragile.
Too toxic.

And then she meets Tristan.

photo 0bf338c89bccdadca5fdf0b9f74fa612.jpg

Oh, he’s a bad boy.
The bad boy.

With an angel’s face and the devil’s body.
A burning smile and wild-fire hands.
And charm that, alone, could light up Vegas.

And then he
Lisa Jayne

"I fell apart and came back together again, my whole world thoroughly rocked."

Welcome to 'Bad Things' a novel that combines easy reading and combustible in one addictive story. A tale about a love that is as much messy as it is meant to be. R K Lilley's books are a reading habit that I don't want to break anytime soon. I loved the 'in flight' series, James Cavendish is more than a little unforgettable, so it goes without saying that I was more than looking forward to what
Raine Miller
A masterpiece! Tristan and Danika have a story told so realistically by R.K. Lilley, you'll ache for them in BAD THINGS, and have a hard time remembering this is a novel. A very well written novel at that. Off the charts sexy, soul-baring emotion, and explosive chemistry between the two mix together here into pure literary gold. BAD THINGS is a beautiful thing!

~Raine Miller
NYT's Bestselling Author of The Blackstone Affair
~ Becs ~

photo badthingsquoteyforblog_zps7ce1b561.jpg

If, like me, you’re a bit of a R.K. Lilley fangirlie, then you’re probably already a little familiar with Tristan and Danika. We’ve had a few teasing hints of their story in the Up In The Air Trilogy. We know that they were not speaking to each other, that Danika limps and this has something to do with Tristan and that she has forgiven him but is unable to forget what has happened in the past. It’s all very mysterious and we begin this one years before when Danika is just twenty-one and they mee
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
"Bad things were going to happen if we spent too much time around each other."

That's what Danika thought when she first met Tristan and she wasn't exactly wrong. She has always been attracted to bad boys but they are bad news for her. On top of that, Tristan only does hook ups and Danika only does relationships so her and Tristan decide to just be friends. And that really is for the best because they've both been through a lot in the past.

If you read the Up in the Air series, you've met Trist
OKAY! I have been waiting on this book since forever it seems... and I'm happy to report that the wait was so worth it. I give it 4.5 stars but I bumped it up for rating purposes. Bad Things tells the story of how Danika and Tristan, who we are introduced to in the Up In The Air Trilogy, met and proceeded to fall in love.

First off this shit is H-O-T!!!!! Like change your panties multiple times kind of hot. It takes them awhile to get to that part of it but once they do...

"I don't want this

Saw some good reviews for this one here and decided to give it a go. Was not disappointed. I really enjoyed it. As one reviewer said, it flowed. Tristan Vega, very nice indeed. Tough Rock Star. Danika, bit messed up by her past – They are friends but can they stay just friends. Don’t think so, their attraction is too hard to resist. Good solid story. Look forward to reading more about this couple.

The "just friends" thing has Tristan needing to take many showers...

♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
4.5 super hot, rollicking stars!

Considering how I disliked R.K. Lilley's Up in the Series, I wasn't expecting much of anything going into this book. But color me surprised, I actually ended up loving it.

Yes, it was angsty, both the MCs annoyed at me at some point, some of the drama were a bit juvenile, and yet, I really enjoyed the whole thing. To me this has an entirely different feel than Up in the Air series and I find Danika and Tristan's story more relatable, more gritty and more raw than
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
1st time read from July 17-19 2013

5+++ Rating

My Tristan

My Danika

“I knew that we were going to be a dangerous combination. Bad things were going to happen if we spent too much time around each other.”

Well I am going to go on the limb here and say this is MY FAVORITE of all R.K. Lilley's series. Even though seeing some of the characters from Up In the Air series made me sequel like a true fan girl this book still blew
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

R.K Lilley has wOwed me again!!

I really didn't think it was possible for any book to come close to James Cavendish but this book has.

Danika works at her friends house as a nanny for the past 2years and meets Tristan through her husband. Danika has been through some pretty sad things in her past.

They quickly become friends partying it up. They are both very attracted to each other and its obvious they want each other.

The problem is- Tristan doesn't DO relationships

Danika doesn't DO
Katy Belongs to ACE you can call me Mrs Donovan ❤️
Everyone has to Meet Tristan and Danika Star's*****

Whatever your doing Put it down because everyone needs to meet Tristan!!

photo tristen1_zps714a8a05.jpg
 photo sexy3_zps6ef5eb31.jpg
 photo tristan_zps8ee962f4.jpg

photo badthings3_zps4a471d0d.jpg

I have been waiting what feels like a lifetime for this book, we were introduced to them in the up in the air series with Mr James Cavendish and Bianca. Danika's got a limp and they are hostile towards each other I was very intrigued to what there story was and how is it going to end!! I am happy to say this one did NOT disappoint I was captivated by there
Nothing sucked worse than having feelings for someone who just may have been your best friend. Especially when that someone clearly didn’t return those feelings.

Two words…HOT DAMN! I don’t think I’ve ever read a book with more intense sexual chemistry between the two main characters. I could actually feel the heat coming off of these two. As an added bonus we’re treated to an actual story, too.

Danika was like a breath of fresh air. A breath of fresh air that I didn’t get to fuck.

Danika doesn’t
Amy (Foxy)
My kindle was emitting smoke as I read Bad Things.
Bad things were going to happen if we spent too much time around each other.

Danika and Tristan meet through a mutual friend. From the moment they met the sexual tension was high. When these two hook up it's off the charts. Trust issues hinders their relationship around every corner.
"I see now that I didn't know a thing about love before I met you. When it's right, like it is with us, it doesn't make your life harder, it makes your li
Jacqueline's Reads

You fucking did it again Ms. Lilley! I’ll tell you, I LOVED the Up In the Air Series and I loved BAD THINGS!!!

I don’t really have to explain this story, I mean, there’s no reason why I should. The reason why you should pick up this read and well read it because it’s just FUCKING GOOD!!!

BUT if you need to know, there’s Danika, the beautiful and controlled Heroine. Who is absolutely adorable, sexy and just all around awesome. Then there’s Mr. Slutty McSlutFace Trist
Supreet *The Cupcake Queen*
Oct 18, 2014 Supreet *The Cupcake Queen* rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Supreet *The Cupcake Queen* by: Jasmine
2.5 to 3 "Need to just dive into the next one" Stars!!!

****I am 32% in the second book now and the juvenile writing doesn't seem to go away. So I thought about it and I am lowering my rating to a 3. With the writing so painful to read I CANNOT, in all fairness rate it any higher. In fact, it should be even lower. But since I was glued to watch this train wreck regardless..I will give it a 3***

This is the kind of a story we have read before, a million times before actually.

Tristan, singer of
Lkay ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
His kiss was insidious, seeping into every part of me. He took me over in a way I couldn't believe I allowed. A few seconds into the kiss, and I was ready to relinquish all control, which I'd have sworn was the antithesis of everything I was before I'd met Tristan.

I knew we were going to be a dangerous combination. Bad things were going to happen if we spent too much time around each other.

This book! Sweet baby Jebus, THIS BOOK! I was not expecting to be as good as it was or to suck me into
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
Re-read Review March 22, 13
Just as good as the first time. Love Tristan and Danika and I can't wait to read the rest of the series. :)

Initial Review July 20, 13
"I knew that we were going to be a dangerous combination. Bad things were going to happen if we spent too much time around each other."

I have soo many emotions right now. That ending just made me a hot mess. I have so much to say, but just can't seem to get it out....

The ending has left me..

Okay I'll try. This is a spin-off from the U
Jess-i-ca ~The Gif Witch~
Ok so in general this book wasn't awful but it had drama overload. Wayyyy too much drama for me. Tristan is an ass and Danika has no backbone. She forgave him too easily. I will NOT be reading the next two books.

WARNING! WARNING! Gif overload below!

So this is kinda how the story goes:

sex photo 7f49210f9263f369e68be59_zps1d04bb47.gif

Jun 11, 2013 Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ marked it as to-read

And.................... it's Tristan/Danika!!!

Crystal~BIG book addict~
Oh boy,

The first half of the book had me

Danika and Tristan were so funny together. There was so much lighthearted banter and teasing, it was just fun watching how they were getting to know each other. There was a lot of sexual undertones but they were determined to be friends as they just genuinely liked each other so much.

“Didn't you know I was out here, just waiting for a friend like you?"
"Of course I didn't know. I'd have been dancing on top of every bar in town, instead of studying, if I'd

I freaking love this series! This was my fourth re-read and I can honestly say I enjoyed it just as much as the first time. With the third book's release just around the corner, I figured it was a perfect time to come back to these books and I'm so glad I did! I am obsessed with these characters. Seriously, the amount of time I've spent thinking about them can not be healthy!

Anyone who enjoyed the In flight series needs to pick this up, ASAP. We met Tristan and Danika
Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie
“Tell me not to kiss you,” he said.
“Don’t kiss me.”
“Mean it.”
“I can’t.”

Sassy heroine, witty dialogue, dysfunctional couple… it was like my book soulmate.

Danika’s life has been anything but easy and now with her feet under her, she’s determined to keep it that way.
I needed stability. I clung to it.

And then, Tristan comes barreling into her life and she learns how to let go and live in the moment. Even with the Don’t List they created, she falls hard and deep for him.
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~

4.5 heart-wrenching-all-consuming stars

WOW. Yeah.

Ok, so I liked but didn’t love James and Bianca (yeah, yeah, I can hear the boos now), and while I really enjoyed Lana and Akira’s story, it wasn’t going on my favorites shelf, so nothing prepared me for how I would just fall head over heels in love with Danika and Tristan.

They meet when Tristan crashes for a few weeks with Jerry and Bev (Danika is their live-in nanny/girl Friday as well as Bev’s good friends). Right away, it’s obvious that the ch
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Hearts Cole, Lucas, Jesse  & James ✝✝

photo 795088.gif

photo tumblr_mjgh3evU0B1rpg6o6o1_500.gif

photo tumblr_migig7muGp1qdx4nao1_250.gif

photo tumblr_mf3sc1ugrH1qbaj4uo1_500.gif

photo 533204.gif

I have no words!!!!!!!

Danika is 21 and works as a nanny while studying. She has been having bad relationships and after knowing her past, I did feel sorry for you! Though, at times, I felt like kicking her.... but not a bad way LOL

photo 16e1cd8cbad2e7f46167bc7fcb57058e.jpg

Enter Tristan, a lead singer in rock group, he cooks, runs errands and please help me, he is so good with his f
 ♥  Barb ♥

4.5... stars for BAD BOY Tristan

“I wanted to belong to someone, and for someone to belong to me.”

photo badthings6_zpsbe422bc1.jpg

This is a spin off of the "In Flight" series about Danika and Tristan. Danika hasn't had an easy life and being attracted to bad boy Tristan doesn't make it easier, but one look at him...who could resist?? Tristan came along at the right time and taught Danika about letting go and living in the present. I really enjoyed this one and can't wait for Book 2. No cliffy...and for all you Mr. Beautiful
Okay you’ve probably heard already that this book is

Danika is working as a nanny while going to school. She lives with the family and takes care of two fun little boys, the laundry, cooks, cleans and walks some rambunctious dogs. She meets Tristan through her boss Jerry who likes to bring home struggling musicians. From the beginning there is an attraction to Tristan, but all she can see is “trouble” with a capital T. Tristan is a bad body no doubt about it, but he is also a club pr
Does anyone here know any books that are similar to this storyline, but from a different author? 3 54 Feb 15, 2015 12:33PM
Just sex? 16 186 Nov 17, 2014 05:50PM
How do Bad Things and In Flight mix together? 17 87 Jul 23, 2014 06:32AM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Bad Things - Unanswered Questions 10 26 Jul 17, 2014 08:49PM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Bad Things Chapters 21- The End 9 16 Jul 12, 2014 07:13AM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Bad Things Chapters 1-20 9 10 Jul 11, 2014 02:04AM
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
  • Edible (Exquisite, #3)
  • Awaken (Spiral of Bliss, #3)
  • Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Tease (Songs of Submission, #2)
  • Love Plus One (G-Man, #2)
  • Breach (Breach, #1)
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #1.5)
  • Adam, Enough Said (This Can't Be Happening, #3)
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Sex Love Repeat
  • Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1)
  • Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3)
R.K. Lilley has been a writer since she can remember, but has held down some interesting jobs to pay the bills. For several years she was a first class flight attendant, and she always swore that she just had to write a book about it. Mixing her love of romance and all things BDSM, the Up In the Air Trilogy is her debut into the world of contempary romance and erotica. She is currently working on ...more
More about R.K. Lilley...

Tristan & Danika (3 books)
  • Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika, #2)
  • Lovely Trigger (Tristan & Danika #3)
In Flight (Up in the Air, #1) Mile High (Up in the Air, #2) Grounded (Up in the Air, #3) Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika, #2) Lovely Trigger (Tristan & Danika #3)

“I'm going to fuck you hard on the hood of this car, in the pouring rain. And. You. Are. Not. Going. To. Forget. It.” 85 likes
“I wanted to belong to someone, and for someone to belong to me.” 61 likes