Start by marking “Stargate Atlantis: Inheritors (Stargate Atlantis, #21)” as Want to Read:
Stargate Atlantis: Inheritors (Stargate Atlantis, #21)

Stargate Atlantis: Inheritors (Stargate Atlantis #21)

End game

The battle lines are drawn. Queen Death is mustering her fleet. But who will stand against her?

As conflicts and betrayal threaten to shatter Atlantis’s fragile alliances with Guide’s Wraith and the Genii, humanity’s only hope of survival rests on the fate of an Ancient device — a weapon too terrible to use but too powerful to cast aside. A weapon capable of extermi
Mass Market Paperback, 299 pages
Published February 2013 by Fandemonium

To ask other readers questions about Stargate Atlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stargate Atlantis

John Keegan
Mar 20, 2013 John Keegan rated it it was amazing
It’s shocking how this mini-series of novels has existed (and been released) under the radar. Enough fans were dissatisfied with the series finale, and the subsequent cancellation of plans for direct-to-DVD titles, for me to think that they would be clamoring for an in-depth, highly consistent “Season 6” in book form. After all, how often do fans say that if a show is canceled, the writers should finish out the storylines in novels?

And in this case, anyone who hasn’t checked out the Stargate Atl
Kathleen
Apr 03, 2015 Kathleen rated it really liked it
This is the satisfying conclusion to this Legacy series, which is an offshoot of the television series, Stargate Atlantis. I liked this one. Many ongoing plot threads were finally woven through, if not tied off, leaving the potential for some sequels, building further on the Wraith retrovirus, Sateda, etc.

I have some quibbles, but they are fairly minor: a few plot contrivances (Teyla would have been too wise to tell Ronan about the device), and the epic celestial battle between Queen Death's hi
Lyn Gala
Jun 27, 2014 Lyn Gala rated it it was ok
I stopped writing individual reviews on these books because 1) they got better and I wanted to read not write reviews and 2) the flaws were the same. It does have too much padding.

However, I finished the last of the series on a down note. The last two books really were page turners. I loved how the action was starting to really heat up. The fluff started to fall by the wayside. Plot threads started to pull together. The writing even got a little more crisp.

And then I got to this book.

The writing
Jenette
As far as series enders go, this one was quite enjoyable. It wrapped things up nicely while still leaving the appropriate taste of hope in my mouth. The space battle did get a little tedious and lengthy but it didn't take away from the plot. I did quite like the ending, a new beginning where Wraith and humans are working together, I adored Guide/Todd right to the end. I look forward to reading any books that crop up in the future.
Elaine
Jul 18, 2013 Elaine rated it really liked it
Almost gave it 5 stars! Quite a conclusion to the series; lots to think about. Good use of the characters, with some other familiar faces happily in the mix. I really wish the TV series hadn't been cancelled.
Ann Marie
Mar 14, 2013 Ann Marie rated it it was amazing
Not the ending I was expecting, but not bad. Would be nice if they made movie that covered all books.
Jeanette
Oct 27, 2013 Jeanette rated it really liked it
Julie
This book was very well done, and I found myself anxiously awaiting what will happen next - and despite some of the issues I had it, it was an excellent close to the miniseries. I think the authors did a good job at collaborating on this, although there were a few times I could tell when it changed writers, the narrative and story came together wonderfully. The entire story as a whole and how it wrapped up the series, was amazing. I think the authors did a great job at tying up the story, making ...more
Denise
Jul 16, 2016 Denise rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
Queen Death's fleet is headed for Atlantis, and without their allies, they won't stand a chance. But the Genii aren't about to offer up their precious Ancient warship without worthwhile concessions and, even more importantly, Guide has made his price for allowing his fleet to join the battle very clear: Hyperion's weapon must be destroyed, or Guide's alliance will stand by and do nothing as Atlantis is annihilated by Queen Death's forces. There's just one little problem with that: The weapon has ...more
Apollo Adama
Sep 07, 2013 Apollo Adama rated it it was amazing
Story is good this far. Only thing are the proof reading errors are a bit annoying. No one is perfect I guess. There was one particular sentence I could guess what was being said because percentage was meant to be advantage. Made it sound like autocorrect was being used and the book was being typed up on an ipad or something. Also made it sound like the person who wrote the sentence was some foreigner with an unclear grasp of the English language and "accidentally" use the wrong word when he ...more
J.D. Ruskin
Apr 20, 2013 J.D. Ruskin rated it liked it
It is a good series overall, but there wasn't enough Rodney McKay to make me happy. While I like Teyla, there was too much focus on her and other non-canon characters. I did enjoy seeing Carter and Jack, but the other SG1 characters were pretty useless. This series certainly brings a close to the series for most of the characters. (view spoiler) ...more
Angela
Sep 29, 2014 Angela rated it really liked it
The final part of the Legacy saga, make sure you read the others first. Queen Death is going to attack Atlantis and they need all the help they can get. This includes Todd and the Genii. This is a real page turner, and it is not predictable at all. It gives the series a sense of closure, and has lots of cameos that will please even the most die hard fans. I particularly liked the growth of Teyla and the understanding of the Wraith culture. A really, really good read.
Gene
Apr 05, 2016 Gene rated it it was amazing
A great finale to the Legacy series - everything has built up to this, and it was well worth it. The big battle scene took almost half the book, but it was well done, and well paced. My only comment would be that there was not nearly enough Ronan Dex in this book. But just about everyone else shows up for the party.

And as a whole, the entire Legacy series was well done. I really hope the publisher is allowed to continue the stories of the SG characters.
Michelle
Dec 12, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
Overall I really enjoyed this series arc. This last book nicely wrapped up the storylines. While not everything worked out perfectly that fits with the Stargate Universe. I did find Keller's ending to feel a little off, but not horribly, and some of the battles took up too much of the book. Mostly I am just happy that I have some sort of conclusion to the cliffhanger that the cancellation left.
Erina
Mar 17, 2013 Erina rated it liked it
Big battle was good but not enough on its own to be worth a separate book. I know publishers are out to make money but this 6-book series could have easily been a streamlined into just a trilogy -- and been a substantial, exciting one at that. For this book alone I'd give 2 stars but 3-3.5 stars for entire series. Overall I enjoyed it and was perfect "fix" for missing Stargate. Turn this into a movie please!
Kristy Ivie
Sep 24, 2015 Kristy Ivie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book but...

They didn't put asterisks around things said mind to mind. Up to know they have. I don't know if it's just the ebook or the hard copy too but it's a shame because sometimes it is hard to tell if something was said aloud or to only one person's mind. But that's my only complaint. I love each book so far.
Ingrid
Sep 20, 2015 Ingrid rated it really liked it
I thought this was the final book in the series but there is at least one more. This book finally brought the conflict with the Wraith to an end. Characters are left in such a way that their future is well plotted out hence my belief that this was the end. But a surprise character appearance means one last story to tell before we leave the Pegasus Galaxy!
Foggygirl
Oct 07, 2014 Foggygirl rated it it was amazing
An excellent end to the Legacy series! All the main characters had their parts to play and they played them well. I would love to see these characters in a continuing series of books but if not they ended it on a hopeful and kickass note!
Leilani
Jun 02, 2014 Leilani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tie-in
I put off reading this final book for a year because I didn't want the series to end (again). Not every plot twist made me perfectly happy (Keller), but overall the characterization was excellent, and everyone ended up in a place that made sense, and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride!
Emilian Blanariu
Jun 08, 2013 Emilian Blanariu rated it it was amazing
I can say I liked it a lot. A far better ending for the series than the end of season 5 and open for more. I hope the authors will continue to write in this series.
Yorky Caz
Jun 04, 2014 Yorky Caz rated it it was amazing
so sad this little mini series is over. i loved all 6 books each getting a little better than the one before
Kirsten
Nov 29, 2014 Kirsten rated it really liked it
While I can't say I'm a fan of reading long space battles, the wrap up to the Wraith storyline was well-handled and decisive. Overall, probably one of the strongest books of the series.
Cady
Cady rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2013
Miroslav  Kokeš
Miroslav Kokeš rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2016
HJ
HJ rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2015
Brent
Brent rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Jason Hailer
Jason Hailer rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Caroline Palmer
Caroline Palmer rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
May 17, 2015
H.J. Stephens
H.J. Stephens rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Dr Parrish 1 1 Sep 25, 2014 03:06PM
  • Stargate Atlantis: Allegiance  (Stargate Atlantis, #18)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Hunt and Run (Stargate Atlantis, #13)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Casualties of War (Stargate Atlantis, #7)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Entanglement (Stargate Atlantis, #6)
  • Nightfall (Stargate Atlantis, #10)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Dead End (Stargate Atlantis, #12)
  • The Chosen (Stargate Atlantis, #3)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Angelus (Stargate Atlantis, #11)
  • Transitions
  • Stargate Atlantis: Brimstone (Stargate Atlantis, #15)
  • The Barque of Heaven
  • Stargate Atlantis: Rising (Stargate Atlantis, #1)
  • Valhalla
  • Sunrise
  • Four Dragons

Stargate Atlantis (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Rising (Stargate Atlantis, #1)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Reliquary (Stargate Atlantis, #2)
  • The Chosen (Stargate Atlantis, #3)
  • Halcyon (Stargate Atlantis, #4)
  • Exogenesis (Stargate Atlantis, #5)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Entanglement (Stargate Atlantis, #6)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Casualties of War (Stargate Atlantis, #7)
  • Blood Ties (Stargate Atlantis, #8)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Mirror, Mirror (Stargate Atlantis, #9)
  • Nightfall (Stargate Atlantis, #10)