Start by marking “Final Boarding (Turbulence, #8)” as Want to Read:
Final Boarding (Turbulence, #8)

Final Boarding (Turbulence #8)

Paul is desperate to find a way out of the turbulence. He’s located Marlin’s black box and found it full of random clippings. He’s matched Marlin’s final email to a snippet of a nursery rhyme. With his avenues of investigation exhausted, Paul can think of only one more place to get some answers…although Dallas isn’t going to like it.

Maybe that doesn’t matter—because if Pau
Published February 15th 2013 by JCP Books, LLC (first published February 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Final Boarding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Final Boarding

Sofia

Having read quite a number of JCP's work, I've come to realize that what I like about her characters is the fact that they are works in progress, stories in progress. With this I am not saying that her work is a work in progress but rather that her characters, her stories are just like us unfinished stories as we are always changing and nothing is fixed, they don't know stuff, like we do not know stuff. They struggle, like we do. So when they earn the smiles, than I can feel those smiles too.

I l
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Huh.

Not sure how I feel about this as an ending to a series. It's almost like... the phenomenon wasn't the point, even though it was the focus of so much of the story, so much time spent on its effects and possible rules?

I get that the people and how they're affected by it all was where the emotion lies, but for the answer to be what the answer is, it feels like an easy way out.

I will say this, though, the declaration of devotion was spot on, it was soooo Paul and Dallas. Totally. And this episo
Anja
Mar 21, 2015 Anja rated it it was ok
Shelves: free-ebook, m-m, c, w-au
WTF? That's the ending? (view spoiler)
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I was so disappointed with this. It's not the solution, it's how it's presented. It was confusing and not completely explained. As you can tell from the cover, there's more Marlin. We're supposed to like him, see him as more of a normal guy, but I liked him even less. He's just annoying.

There's some friction (view spoiler) that I really hated and I think it was resolved way too quickly and easily.

I also don't think major (view spoiler)
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
2.5
I see a lot of people disappointed by the ending, but short of killing the captain, Dallas and Paul, this was the closest best the author could have done. I would be more satisfied with explanations, but it seems there aren't any. Don't expect to get any explanations.

Anything I write would be a spoiler, since the spoiler-part plays more than important role in this final instalment of Turbulence. There is a conflict resolved in one or two sentences, which was too rushed.

All I could say is it
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
What the fuck just happened? I thought there was something suspicious about that lady with the glasses coming out of nowhere. It's confirmed. She's cray-cray! Honestly, this one, I wasn't sure how Ms. Price would bring all the craziness together. She did a great job bringing all the little oddities into on cohesive picture. It actually makes sense in a Twilight Zone kind of way. I did like this serial and would say that it has to be read one right after another otherwise it's frustrating. The ...more
Vanessa North
Sep 09, 2014 Vanessa North rated it really liked it
I thought this entire serial was a blast, and I read it all very quickly. It was so much fun to read, the mystery, the relationships, the way the character fit together--it was just fun.

I wasn't altogether satisfied with the ending, but I can't quite put my finger on why.
Denisa
Another rating: 6/10

Sadly, the ending of this whole mini series was really bad. Whole premise was awesome. A lot of interesting mystery, nice and loveable characters but that kind of ending? Nope! I usually don't mind open endings actually I mostly love them because I can picture the end of all characters or of the world where it was by myself. But this was bad. The whole mystery in this was purely very poorly excused. For me it's still a big mystery and I want to know how it would end for real!
Gabrielle Morgan
Feb 15, 2013 Gabrielle Morgan rated it really liked it
A satisfying conclusion to a series I've had a lot of fun reading. While things didn't work out the way I thought or originally hoped they would, I think they actually worked out better. There's no other outcome that could have happened that would have left the characters where I wanted them to be.

While reading this one I also realized I was actually a lot like Paul, in that I didn't like my initial impressions of Marlin at all, but after this he felt like a friend I wished I could get to know m
Diane
Apr 12, 2013 Diane rated it really liked it
This is my review of the whole book. I liked it very much. I thought the author did (as always) a wonderful job with character development. She does a great job with the sex scenes in the book, but they are not a huge feature of her writing. I think her plotting is always good. In this particular story, I think the explanation of why there were 2 different Bermudas and how everything worked, went a little over my head. I don't really mean that it was explained poorly, but that perhaps I should ...more
Suzanne (Doppleganger)
Wait...that's it?

(view spoiler)
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
I never thought I'd ever 1-star anything JCP had written, and I feel bad for doing so now. I don't know what exactly happened, but I just can't believe the quality of this final instalment. I can only assume Price didn't quite know how to end the serial, in which I expected a big sci-fi reveal on the reason for Bermuda's turbulence and why Marlin killed himself. What we got didn't make much sense and was completely unsatisfactory. I hope one day Price revisits and rewrites the ending.
Manda
Aug 18, 2013 Manda rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this series. I have given all stories 5 stars as I read back to back and overall think it deserves 5 stars. Jordan has a wonderful unique voice and ideas. There are so many different ways you can see things as the reader and in the end you may or may not agree with the conclusion the characters and Jordon come too. This is one of the reasons I love Jordan's writing, you never know where the story will take you and where you will end up when it is finished.
Patdbooks
Sep 28, 2015 Patdbooks rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
reading the 8 books was an interesting experienc. it took some time to get into them. was not till into the 5 books that I really approciated how this series was writ, well enjoyedten and split. nice again to read a story that just is not about the sex but the development of a relationship. How the author brought us through toewards the end and closing was great , a treasure
Pia Veleno
After eight installments, I'm more confused than when I started. I'm still looking for resolution between autopilots and "real" pilots, but much like Paul while in empty Bermuda, we never really learn much about those Others. The overall series was interesting, and kept me hooked easily, but I feel like there could've been more explanation or discovery to wrap it all up.
ѦѺ™
Apr 25, 2013 ѦѺ™ rated it did not like it
i enjoyed the first seven parts and gave each one 4 stars. i was really looking forward to how things wrapped up in the final installment. sadly, the eight book was a total let down. one of the "explanations" fell flat and only made things more perplexing. it would have been better if it were not even offered at all and the author just let things be as they were.
Marisella
Apr 08, 2013 Marisella rated it really liked it
I sat down and read all of the turbulence books in one sitting, they were so good! 4 very diverse people are contracted to fly on the Bermuda flight through the Triangle, monday through friday. What happens when they hit turbulence and "return to source" is the plot of these books, yet the characters drive the stories. Dallas and Paul, Kaye and Marlin, AVA and the whale :) must reads
Becky
Apr 26, 2014 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2014
Silvia
Jan 05, 2016 Silvia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ending

Final Boarding had a great ending! I loved everything about this quirky and edgy Turbulence series.

The crew of Flight 511 finally received answers and closure to the trauma they were going through.

I'm rating this series 5 stars.
Christina (SteepedinBooks)
Overall, I'd give the entire series a 3.5 or 4 rating. It was fun to read, if a little confusing at times. I liked the characters and found the mystery very intriguing. I wish there had been a bit more explanation in the end, however.
Fangtasia
Aug 30, 2013 Fangtasia rated it really liked it
Overall, a good ending to the series. Not what I expected, but good. I think I might do a re-read, one after the other, to see if I can get a better grasp of what happened and the final explanation, but the ending itself was satisfying.
Rhayne
May 07, 2014 Rhayne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-reviewed
Final book in the series and I'm actually sorry to see it end! This series kept me reading even when I was in the kitchen cooking! Nothing like a book over a hot stove! Loved it and will be hanging onto it to read again later!
Laurie Ather
Jul 02, 2013 Laurie Ather rated it it was ok
Was expecting more in the final installment. I felt like there still was not a concrete explanation of the turbulence.
Alishea
Nov 06, 2015 Alishea rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, mm
Felt a little like I was left hanging. Maybe instead of plans, an epilogue a year later to see the grandchild & Dallas & Paul piloting would have felt more like a conclusion for me.
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
Series review soon.

Great writing, a little confusing toward the end, but then it did straighten out.
Larry Arnold
Mar 11, 2013 Larry Arnold rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
this was a good instalement. a lot of questions are answered. i thought it had a good ending.... but a 9th book is coming out soon.
Hadley
Hadley rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Nicki
Nicki rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015
BK Blue
BK Blue rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2013
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Me, Myself and I (Dark Reflections, #1)
  • Unwanted Appeal (Hidden Wolves, #2.5)
  • Something Sweet
  • Roaming Canisters
  • No Quarter (Bounty, #1)
  • Decadence (Dominion, #0.2)
  • The Twelve Days of Randy (Special Delivery, #2.5)
  • Bourbon Affair (Pentacles of Magick #2.5)
  • Look Sharp (Hidden Talents, #3)
  • Deliberately Bound (Bound, #3.5)
  • Phase Shift (Chaos Station, #5)
  • Into the Wastelands
  • In The Moonlight (Howling Moonlight #1)
  • Midnight
  • Tomfoolery
  • Moonlight (Pact Arcanum, #3)
  • The Law of the Jungle
  • Bonds of Fire
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check
More about Jordan Castillo Price...

Turbulence (8 books)
  • Into the Bermuda Triangle (Turbulence, #1)
  • Autopilot Engaged (Turbulence, #2)
  • Red-Eye Dawn (Turbulence, #3)
  • Connecting Flight (Turbulence, #4)
  • Black Box (Turbulence, #5)
  • Flying Blind (Turbulence, #6)
  • Radio Silence (Turbulence, #7)