Start by marking “It's Called a Heart Boner” as Want to Read:
It's Called a Heart Boner

It's Called a Heart Boner

Published January 26th 2013 by Self Published on AO3

To ask other readers questions about It's Called a Heart Boner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Called a Heart Boner

Loederkoningin
Not the best the incredible RemainNameless has to offer. Though the plot idea of Derek having to rescue Stiles from drunken mistakes several times is nice, neither the entertainment factor nor the characters were up to par with this writer's usual stuff. Something that was most obvious when after all the zigging and zagging the boys did, the Big Reward was completely skipped and then vaguely referred back to..

I cursed a little.

Nina
Mar 15, 2014 Nina rated it really liked it
I have this weird feeling like I have my heart firmly lodged in my throat and little speech clouds with "squee" written in them coming out of my eyes.

This fic be made of awesome. It has one huge flaw with chopped off a part of my enjoyment, but we'll talk about that later.
It seemed only logical, after I'd just finished a gorgeous highschool sterek fic, to go on with a college sterek fic, right? But I didn't think I was in for lines awesome enough to make me snort coffee out of my nose, and enoug
Bitchie *hates the new GR Homepage*
Cute, AH AU story where Derek is in grad school, Stiles is a college freshman. Derek keeps finding himself in the wrong place at the right times, just in time to save Stiles from drunken stupidity.

This was totally from Derek's POV, and Stiles really wasn't in it enough for my taste, I like to get to know both characters better.

Still, very cute and funny story, I'd recommend it to anyone looking for an AU fluffy bunny funny story.
R * A Reader Obsessed *
Aug 09, 2016 R * A Reader Obsessed * rated it liked it
Shelves: sterek, podfic
Everyone and their mother is trying to get Derek some "d" when he'd rather just stay in and work on his masters degree. However circumstance keeps throwing an awkward guy in need of help across his path over and over.

Suffice it to say Derek's inner hero can't resist saving Stiles and he soon finds himself thinking about him.

A lot.

Most diehards like myself will enjoy this enough. I admit it started out a bit unconventionally, a bit off in voice. But it got into its groove and to me, became a pr
Adrianamae, Marco's fan
DNF, no rating.

At 40% I DNF. It's just not my type of story. Derek is a pushover, and Styles at 40% has been drunk all the time that he has appeared, behaving stupidly, putting himself in danger, and behaving obnoxiously.
Brooke
1.5

I like RemainNameless, but this did not work at all for me.

1) super drunk Stiles had no personality, he was just.... sloppy drunk for the vast majority of the story. The interactions between Stiles and Derek were so limited, I just don't see how Derek fell for Stiles so hard so fast.

2) Derek's paranoia of Laura, and Laura's apparent smothering of Derek was just too weird. Derek freaked out at one point for no apparent reason it felt choppy and a random toss in.

I would say this one was just
Jenna
Sep 22, 2014 Jenna rated it liked it
This one was just so sweet and mushy, and it did make me laugh, but it wasn't on the same level as The Worst Thing I Ever Did or Dating Backwards because it's told from Derek's POV and his thoughts just aren't as hilarious as Stiles'. I really miss being inside Stiles' head. It also lacked the steamy sex, which was kind of a bummer. Still a good story though!
Arpi !!!getting high on books!!!
My favourite couple!!! I am obsessing over STEREK...in a completely non creepy, healthy way...I SWEAR!!! Completely healthy OBSESSION!!

But I was disappointed with DEREK in this....He just simply got on my nerves with his whining....and Stiles as well with his drinking in the beginning...although I was fine with Stiles after the initial hiccups....

Apart from that Loved Stiles and Derek...Loved their chemistry and their sweet sweet love story...loved them together...In short loved them....
Day-thief
Didn't like Derek in this one. Too whiney.
Fairy / Anna
Dec 15, 2014 Fairy / Anna added it
Recommended to Fairy / Anna by: Jarta
Shelves: m-m-romance, free-fic
...
BWT (Belen)
Jan 02, 2016 BWT (Belen) rated it really liked it
Shelves: sterek, mm-fiction, 2015
Remain Nameless is quickly becoming my favorite Sterek author.

This was funny and cute enough that I didn't even mind the sex happens off page. Much. Okay, I did, but it was still really good.
Ornella (Nyx)
Aug 23, 2014 Ornella (Nyx) rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt, fanfic
3.5 Stars

Cheesy, funny, light fluff. Just what I was looking for :D
The_Paperback_Peruser
Aug 26, 2015 The_Paperback_Peruser rated it it was amazing

I love Derek's POV! This one totally worked for me!:)
Yue
This was bad, considering it is Sterek and the other is RemainNameless. I certainly wouldn't recommend this to anyone and I don't rate it 1 star because it is "Sterek".

Yeah, right. It is Sterek like, a 20%. Half of this fanfic is Derek/Danny, which was awkward and something I don't want to read ever again. True, nothing happens except a kiss but whatever. They are dating for half of this short story. And like, 30% of Derek and Stiles meetings, Stiles is drunk. How the hell could they develop the
CB
Sep 12, 2014 CB added it
I read the author's "No Homo" about the same 2 main MC's (Hale and Stiles) and found it highly entertaining.

Then I tried "It's Called A Heart Boner" and was completely lost. There are so many references to people and places that seem to come from left field. And lots of references to major incidents that have already occurred and have an impact on the story but are not explained.

I tried looking through the other books but could not find an order and it seems like the same issue in the rest of th
Andrea D
Jan 06, 2015 Andrea D rated it liked it
The third Sterek fanfic by RemainNameless I read...and surprisingly there was no sex (view spoiler).

It is written in Dereks POV and that makes it not so...hyperactive.

It is nice.

What I didn't like: why is Stiles always drunk?!
Karla
Aug 15, 2015 Karla rated it really liked it
Cute college-age sterek, with Derek a solemn grad student and Stiles as a wide-eyed often drunk freshman. Derek really shouldn't want the goof but he does.
Angela
Nov 03, 2016 Angela marked it as tbr-fanfic-teen-wolf
In which everyone and everything ever in the history of the world is trying to ruin Derek's life before he can finish his master's, especially his evil twin sister, his weird ability to start relationships on accident, his best friend's obsession with his sex life, people with dimples, his subsequent inability to end relationships, manipulative sorority queens, and oh yeah, that stupid drunk ass freshman he keeps running into.

Fan Fiction - Teen Wolf (Derek/Stiles)
Words:26784 complete
Tijana
Tijana rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Kyra
Kyra rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
Sofia
Sofia rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2015
Renee Henshaw
Renee Henshaw rated it really liked it
May 19, 2015
Ever
Ever rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2015
goss
goss rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2013
Jarta
Jarta rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2013
Lidia
Lidia rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Erika Moore
Erika Moore rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2015
Maya
Maya rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2015
Slashbabe
Slashbabe rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Alžbeta
Alžbeta rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015