Hooked

Hooked

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  21 reviews
More Than Words: Bestselling authors & Real-life heroines

We all have the power to effect change - we just need to find the strength to harness it. With every good deed done, and helping hand offered, we are making the world a better place. The dedicated women selected as this year's recipients of Harlequin's More Than Words award have changed many lives for the better,

ebook, Harlequin More Than Words
Published April 1st 2012 by Harlequin More Than Words

To ask other readers questions about Hooked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hooked

Lynda
Stephanie Steele was recovering from breast cancer when she encountered Finn Hartley, a former lover from four years ago. Although the breakup was her idea, the chance meeting opened her mind and heart to the possibility she may have made a mistake. Their differences did not seem so monumental to her and she realized the years apart had changed them. Finn dealt with his pain, moved forward in life, and volunteered with Casting for Recovery. Stephanie kept her pain secretive and overworked to avo...more
Morgan Wyatt
Hooked by Betina Krahn is a 90-page story that hooks the reader from page one. The book is part of Harlequin’s More than Words Outreach where famous authors write about real life issues. Betina Krahn recognizes the work of Donna Fischer, the Arizona program coordinator for Casting for Recovery, a national non-profit organization that runs fly-fishing for cancer patients. All that said it is still a romance. Something Krahn does very well.

Stephanie Steele moved to Atlanta to be closer to her fami...more
amber Donnell
Great story!

This book really "gets it." All the emotions and fears of breast cancer survivors. Also, I had never heard of casting for recovery. What a great organization!
Bobbi Jo Belger
Amazing Book

Amazing Book

Love, emotion real life story so full heartedly wrote and touched my heart. So thankful I found this book. You Must read!!
Angie
This book moved me to tears often. As a person who works with cancer patients it hit close to home. As I read the book, I felt as if I were Stephanie. The differences in her public persona and her private persona, the struggles of her heart (of not being whole) of wanting something but not knowing how to obtain it due to insecurities. I think this is a wonderful book for anyone, but also should be given to those who have breast cancer. I love the idea of this Casting for Recovery group, and I ha...more
Marianne Lowe
Wonderful story. Well written. What a wonderful program to highlight.
Bevo
Mad about the earl
Cyn
This book hits on issues no women wants to face but many have no choice. It was well written and makes women believe their out bodies is really nothing but a shell. We sometimes forget that what is on the inside is really all that matters. You can be the most beautiful on the outside but your attitude makes one more ugly then anything in this world. Different cancers are issues we all deal with at one time in our life. This is a hard warming book with lots of plus and well worth the read.
Jill
After I finished reading this story, I actually got online to find out more about groups that help people adjust to a 'new' life after/with cancer.
LaFleurBleue
It's impossible to ignore that this book was written as a tribute to a program created to help breast-cancer survivors to cope with it, while learning together to fly-fish.
After the so-boring and academic introduction, I was impressed by the tone of the book who really rings true, is neither depressing, nor over-optimistic. I really liked both main characters, with their flaws and development over time.
Caro
This was a touching and inspiring book. I liked the main characters as well as all the rest. I enjoyed reading this book and would read it again. There were emotions, fun, understanding, self-discovery and humor. This was fun and heartfelt and good for a quick read with a upbeat and inspiring mood. Enjoy!
Kelly Akemann
A pretty quick easy read. A topic like cancer can easily turn a good story into a sad,.depressive one. Betina Krahn kept it a good stoey while showing there is life after a devastating diagnosis. It was fairly predictable, but overall.a.good book.
Christine
Now this is how a quick read should be! You connect quickly with the main character and the relationship doesn't feel rushed or phoney.
Arlene
Great book!!!!! If you know someone with breast cancer this book gives you hope.
A good book dealing with a difficult topic and a wonderful support organisation
April
The middle goes a little slow, but the ending more than makes up for it.
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Angel
Angel added it
Aug 30, 2014
Glow
Glow marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Shantyl
Shantyl marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • No One But You
  • Light This Candle
  • His Prairie Princess (Prairie Brides #1)
  • A Bride for Pastor Dan (Parkside Community Church #1)
  • The Wedding Dress Diaries (The Wedding Season, #0.5)
  • Chocolate Kisses
  • Heart of Gold
  • Good Neighbors (Harlequin More Than Words)
  • A Family for Christmas
  • Love's Stormy Gale
  • Destiny Wears Spurs
  • A Home In The West (The Amish of Apple Grove .5)
  • Main Attraction (Perfectly Wicked, # 1)
  • Accidental Meeting
  • Wyatt: Return of the Cowboy
  • Seducing an Heiress (Cinderella Heiresses, #1)
  • The Love Market
  • Home to Pebble Creek
Krahn, born Betina Maynard, is the second daughter of Dors Maynard and Regina Triplett. Krahn learned to read at the age of four, and began making up her own stories when she was only six. In fifth grade she won a silver "Noble Order of Bookworms" pin for her achievements in reading, and the following year she began writing down her stories.

Krane was graduated from high school in Newark, Ohio and...more
More about Betina Krahn...
The Husband Test (Brides of Virtue, 2) The Wife Test (Brides of Virtue, 1) The Marriage Test (Brides of Virtue, 3) The Perfect Mistress (Mistress, #2) The Last Bachelor (Mistress, #1)