Start by marking “Hooked” as Want to Read:
Hooked

Hooked

More Than Words: Bestselling authors & Real-life heroines

We all have the power to effect change - we just need to find the strength to harness it. With every good deed done, and helping hand offered, we are making the world a better place. The dedicated women selected as this year's recipients of Harlequin's More Than Words award have changed many lives for the better,

ebook, Harlequin More Than Words
Published April 1st 2012 by Harlequin More Than Words

To ask other readers questions about Hooked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hooked

Morgan Wyatt
Apr 14, 2013 Morgan Wyatt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Hooked by Betina Krahn is a 90-page story that hooks the reader from page one. The book is part of Harlequin’s More than Words Outreach where famous authors write about real life issues. Betina Krahn recognizes the work of Donna Fischer, the Arizona program coordinator for Casting for Recovery, a national non-profit organization that runs fly-fishing for cancer patients. All that said it is still a romance. Something Krahn does very well.

Stephanie Steele moved to Atlanta to be closer to her fami
Lynda
Jan 18, 2014 Lynda rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
Stephanie Steele was recovering from breast cancer when she encountered Finn Hartley, a former lover from four years ago. Although the breakup was her idea, the chance meeting opened her mind and heart to the possibility she may have made a mistake. Their differences did not seem so monumental to her and she realized the years apart had changed them. Finn dealt with his pain, moved forward in life, and volunteered with Casting for Recovery. Stephanie kept her pain secretive and overworked to avo ...more
Angie
Apr 30, 2012 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book moved me to tears often. As a person who works with cancer patients it hit close to home. As I read the book, I felt as if I were Stephanie. The differences in her public persona and her private persona, the struggles of her heart (of not being whole) of wanting something but not knowing how to obtain it due to insecurities. I think this is a wonderful book for anyone, but also should be given to those who have breast cancer. I love the idea of this Casting for Recovery group, and I ha ...more
Dee Renee  Chesnut
Apr 06, 2012 Dee Renee Chesnut rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, 2015
This ebook was free when I downloaded it from Barnes and Noble for my Nook library. This was my introduction to Harlequin's More than Words program where best-selling authoring have written stories inspired by real-life heroines. This book is inspired by Donna Fischer, the Arizona program coordinator for Casting for Recovery, a national nonprofit organization that runs fly-fishing retreats for women who have or have had breast cancer.
Krahn created compelling characters who kept me wondering wha
LaFleurBleue
It's impossible to ignore that this book was written as a tribute to a program created to help breast-cancer survivors to cope with it, while learning together to fly-fish.
After the so-boring and academic introduction, I was impressed by the tone of the book who really rings true, is neither depressing, nor over-optimistic. I really liked both main characters, with their flaws and development over time.
Cynthia
Nov 25, 2013 Cynthia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, harlequin
This book hits on issues no women wants to face but many have no choice. It was well written and makes women believe their out bodies is really nothing but a shell. We sometimes forget that what is on the inside is really all that matters. You can be the most beautiful on the outside but your attitude makes one more ugly then anything in this world. Different cancers are issues we all deal with at one time in our life. This is a hard warming book with lots of plus and well worth the read.
Caro
Feb 14, 2013 Caro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, own
This was a touching and inspiring book. I liked the main characters as well as all the rest. I enjoyed reading this book and would read it again. There were emotions, fun, understanding, self-discovery and humor. This was fun and heartfelt and good for a quick read with a upbeat and inspiring mood. Enjoy!
Brianne Whitley
Jan 20, 2015 Brianne Whitley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great romance. It sheds light on breast cancer and what emotions one may go through. It also involves one of my favorite outdoor activities, fly-fishing. This book really touched my heart and I love that it informs others on breast cancer. Great book!
Kelly Akemann
A pretty quick easy read. A topic like cancer can easily turn a good story into a sad,.depressive one. Betina Krahn kept it a good stoey while showing there is life after a devastating diagnosis. It was fairly predictable, but overall.a.good book.
amber Donnell
Mar 30, 2014 amber Donnell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

This book really "gets it." All the emotions and fears of breast cancer survivors. Also, I had never heard of casting for recovery. What a great organization!
Victoria Newman
Mar 10, 2013 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Jackie
As someone who lost an Aunt to this horrid disease it was pleasurable to read this positive story of survival and a renewed appreciation for life after the big C.
Bevo
Mad about the earl
Jo Notary
Feb 09, 2016 Jo Notary marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
harlequin/silhouette, 88 pgs
Marianne Lowe
Jun 03, 2014 Marianne Lowe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story. Well written. What a wonderful program to highlight.
April
Aug 20, 2012 April rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The middle goes a little slow, but the ending more than makes up for it.
Christine
Dec 27, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now this is how a quick read should be! You connect quickly with the main character and the relationship doesn't feel rushed or phoney.
Jun 01, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ebooks-kobo
A good book dealing with a difficult topic and a wonderful support organisation
Hildegart
Jan 20, 2014 Hildegart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
After I finished reading this story, I actually got online to find out more about groups that help people adjust to a 'new' life after/with cancer.
Mandy
Mar 31, 2013 Mandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice quick read
Poonam
A good story!!
Bobbi Jo Belger
Aug 26, 2014 Bobbi Jo Belger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Book

Amazing Book

Love, emotion real life story so full heartedly wrote and touched my heart. So thankful I found this book. You Must read!!
Sha
Sha rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2017
Lillian
Lillian rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2017
Cristy
Cristy rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2013
Helena
Helena rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2013
Annissa Cauble
Annissa Cauble rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2017
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Sandra lyons
Sandra lyons rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2015
  • No One But You
  • Maxwell's Smile
  • With Love; Now & Forever
  • The Gift of a Good Start
  • Playing Love's Odds
  • You Are Here
  • Ripped Apart
  • Taboo (Shades of Deception, #2)
  • Return to Paradise
  • Daffodils in Spring
  • Intuition (Bennett Sisters, #1)
  • Seducing an Heiress (Cinderella Heiresses, #1)
  • The Gates of Hell
  • Glow in the Dark
  • Rules Of The Game (Five Star Romance)
  • L.A. Caveman
  • Captured
  • Jude Outlaw (Outlaw Lovers, #1)
Krahn, born Betina Maynard, is the second daughter of Dors Maynard and Regina Triplett. Krahn learned to read at the age of four, and began making up her own stories when she was only six. In fifth grade she won a silver "Noble Order of Bookworms" pin for her achievements in reading, and the following year she began writing down her stories.

Krane was graduated from high school in Newark, Ohio and
More about Betina Krahn...